Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports related pain/injury

Started by hawgrunner, April 28, 2014, 08:21:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgrunner

As some may know I just broke my collarbone while out riding my bike, well the Doc gave me some Percocet for the pain. Back some years ago had a Herniated disk at the L5/S1 at that time I was given Vicodin. Just thought I'd find from the group as to what you believe works best?

hog.goblin

I think I had hydrocodone with my last surgery.  Made me so nauseous I thought I was going to get sick (which would have been far more disastrous if it made me split my head back open).

So I switched to ibuprofen and pulled a Dalton - "pain don't hurt"

DeltaBoy

Hydrocodone has worked great for me since I started falling apart back in 06.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Hydrocondone is a strong pill. My body did not respond well to it.

Hogfly

Dosage in milligrams being equal, Percocet (oxycodone) is generally stronger than vicodin (hydrocodone).

DeltaBoy

We are all different genetically so every one will respond differently.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Post shoulder surgery I was given 5 days of Oxycontin 20mg and 120 pills of percocet 5mg +acetaminophen 325mg to supplement any lapses where pain became unbearable.

Pain never got too bad, though...or I was too high to know about it.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hogfly

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on May 04, 2014, 04:53:09 pm
Post shoulder surgery I was given 5 days of Oxycontin 20mg and 120 pills of percocet 5mg +acetaminophen 325mg to supplement any lapses where pain became unbearable.

Pain never got too bad, though...or I was too high to know about it.

Wow. That's a heavy load of opiates. 120 pills seems like they're just begging you to form a habit.

clutch

After my rotator cuff surgery all I got was 20 Vicadin and a Morphine drip that lasted a week.

DeltaBoy

Dr's Vary in what they will give you .

Boll Hawg

Hydrocodone does absolutely nothing for me, besides make me itch like crazy. 

Percocet sends me to cloud 9.  They seriously send me to a happy place, where nothing bothers me.  I have to be careful taking them.  I can certainly understand how people get easily addicted to them.   
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hogfly on May 04, 2014, 09:14:24 pm
Wow. That's a heavy load of opiates. 120 pills seems like they're just begging you to form a habit.

I know, right?  That's why I sold most of them...  ;)
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy