Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diet and BMs (serious)

Started by kingofdequeen, November 06, 2013, 03:40:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

okay.  basically switched my whole diet up about a month ago.  Ate like crap before that, but now its like this (about every 2-3 hours during the work day):

oatmeal (steel cut - doctors say this keeps you full longer and lowers weight, some on here disagree i know)
banana or something (smoked salmon wraps with spinach and tomatoes, whole grain wrap, light fluffed cream cheese) later
salad (heavy greens (kale, spinach), very little cheese, oil and vinegar only - no dressing)
soup or sandwich (non-mayo - safflower, wheat)
workout
don't eat much supper, but salad is always there.

almost always non-processed whole grains.  no cokes (diet or otherwise).  unsweet tea.  coffee black. lots of water.  beer/liquor consumption cut WAY back....only 1-2 beers a night, might get a touch froggy on the weekend.

and my freakin stomach is in KNOTS.  missed didn't run for two days b/c i was afraid to chit myself, and had to hold way back when i finally did run (bridge to 10k...running almost 5 miles a clip).

so, any of you with knowledge or experience in this area....HELP.  do i need to add more protein?  and if i do, it won't be whey.  i'll go vegan with it.

thanks.

Hogberry Snortcake

Oatmeal, bananas, and salad.  Its a wonder you ever leave the crapper. 

Protein, man.  Protein.  Like chicken or pork or beef; not whey or shakes.   

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on November 06, 2013, 04:00:26 pm
Oatmeal, bananas, and salad.  Its a wonder you ever leave the crapper. 

Protein, man.  Protein.  Like chicken or pork or beef; not whey or shakes.   
Humans aren't meant to eat like rabbits.

Eat some meat.
All Gas, No Brakes!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 06, 2013, 04:12:25 pm
Humans aren't meant to eat like rabbits.

Eat some meat.

huh, i could've sworn we were omnivores.

i eat chicken or fish every day - at the very least, chopped up and thrown in the salad.

cosmodrum

Might be a fiber thing.

Also...poop. hehe...poop.
Go away, batin'

HROHog

Quoteokay.  basically switched my whole diet up about a month ago.  Ate like crap before that, but now its like this (about every 2-3 hours during the work day) a

If your diet was like crap, it was likely very low in fiber. Adding fiber to your diet needs to be done gradually. For example, say you were eating 5 grams a day. For the next week try bumping that up to 9 grams, the next week 13 grams, etc. Also, be sure you're drinking enough water.

As for a non meat protein quinoa is great, and like meat it is a complete protein.

RazrRila99

Ever tried pumpkin?  The canned stuff.  Ive heard it helps, dont know how or the science behind it.  Not the pie filling pumpkin, but REAL canned pumpkin, NOT pie filling.

Hogberry Snortcake

Also, like the guy said above, maybe the quick transition is a problem.  Gotta be a shock to the system. 

No expert.  Just guessing.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: RazrRila99 on November 07, 2013, 09:44:20 am
Ever tried pumpkin?  The canned stuff.  Ive heard it helps, dont know how or the science behind it.  Not the pie filling pumpkin, but REAL canned pumpkin, NOT pie filling.

Well great, thanks to you I've been eating nothing but pumpkin pie filling and apple juice for the past 2 days.   My BMs = have you ever put your thumb over the end of a water hose?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kingofdequeen

i sh*t like a stallion again.  system adjusted.

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 21, 2013, 02:29:31 pm
i sh*t like a stallion again.  system adjusted.

I bet Monday morning was a sight to behold.
Go away, batin'

kingofdequeen

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 21, 2013, 02:30:54 pm
I bet Monday morning was a sight to behold.

yup.  down 15 lbs since end of september when i started this whole charade, too.  my golf is gone tho.  :(

DeltaBoy

Tweek your diet until you get the turds you want.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogfaniam

This is more related to the title and not the op.  I have cut out as much flour, sugar, dairy, yeast bread, white potatoes, etc..  Loading up on the green stuff, non red meats and making sure to get saturated fats into the mix.  The result, I lost about 30 lbs in a couple months and this is the kicker.  My Shiz doesn't peel the paint anymore, sometimes very little funk at all.

Also, my acid reflux is gone.  If I mess up and eat breaded items or a dessert, back it comes.  I can eat flour wraps and it doesn't cause much problem.  My one weakness is corn chips and dip.  I haven't found anything that subs well for tortilla or corn chips.

I guess it's kind of a keto diet but I eat a lot of veggies. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"