Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MSU 34 free throws Arkansas 10

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 02, 2018, 09:49:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rhog1

It is unreal the screwing we are getting.

arkfan81

Have faith...

rhog1

Quote from: arkfan81 on January 02, 2018, 09:51:13 pm
That's all their points.
If we weren't that much better than them they would be blowing us out.

RaisinHog

When is the last time we won a game after getting ranked

RaisinHog

Talk darn and then choke that pisses me off ..

arkfan81

Quote from: rhog1 on January 02, 2018, 09:53:49 pm
If we weren't that much better than them they would be blowing us out.

Shooting 40 free throws will keep you in the game
Have faith...

Hog Pharm

It happens every game. Even when we're at home. Remember Minnesota?? It's not the refs!!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

sowmonella

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:04:24 pm
It happens every game. Even when we're at home. Remember Minnesota?? It's not the refs!!
You are a real tool Richard.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorpimp

When you can't or Won't rebound you foul

rude1

It's really easy when the refs know your coach isn't going to complain much about it............

Hogcephus

Free throws was the difference in this game.

PORKULATOR

40 to 12
Zero 1 & 1's for Arkansas while MissTake enjoys the double bonus in both halves.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

zebradynasty

Quote from: sowmonella on January 02, 2018, 10:04:57 pm
42 to 12. Total BS

RIDICULOUS!! The worst part is that it's par for the course on the road in the SEC!

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 02, 2018, 10:09:39 pm
RIDICULOUS!! The worst part is that it's par for the course on the road in the SEC!

arkfan81

Have faith...

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Fan701

We outdid them in most stats, but it's hard to beat a team that shoots 40 free throws.

davril98

Fan701

Quote from: razorpimp on January 02, 2018, 10:07:52 pm
When you can't or Won't rebound you foul
We got 39 rebounds.  They got 39 rebounds.  Try again.

N HOG

Can someone explain why Mike never goes "Nolan" on the refs?

hawgwild child

College basketball has become so soft now days. I can't tell you how many times we trap on the baseline, get up in their grill and refs bail a player out.  You could honestly tell gafford towards the end was scared to contest a shot in the lane

Fan701

Quote from: N HOG on January 02, 2018, 10:13:52 pm
Can someone explain why Mike never goes "Nolan" on the refs?
It would just antagonize them.  It was a winnable game.  We didn't make the plays at the end.  They did.  End of story.  (Ok, the refs didn't help.)

Dr. Starcs

How bout not settling for jump shots most of the game and scoring more than 28 in the first half.

XavierZane

Unfortunately, we tend to get screwed even at home.  Minnesota game is a perfect example, where the refs were clearly trying to keep the ranked team in it.  If our guys hadn't been playing nearly perfectly, that game might've been turned.  37 to 13 fta disparity, I think!  Not quite as absurd as this game, but nearly. 

This game was infuriating to watch.  We fumbled away one we should have won... but the only reason it was even close was the awful, biased officiating and the dozens of free points.  If this game is called the same way for both teams, it would have been a 10+ point lead for us the whole way.   

3kgthog

It's the way this team is taught defense. If you rely on slapping and grabbing to compensate for poor footwork, you'll end up on the short end of the FT battle. Watch how many times our defender let his guy penetrate into the paint and was left having to slap at him from behind.

Lard

The foul disparity is due to our horrendous defensive poisoning and footwork. 
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Jek Tono Porkins

There was a disparity and some of the fouls were ticky tack but most of them were easy calls.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

synthartist69

TexArkHogFan

The refs didn't screw us, we screwed ourselves,  They tried to let us back in it by missing those two free throws at the end.  Had they made just one, it would have been game over, but even then we couldn't take advantage of it.  The reason for the foul discrepancy is they drove for the basket on nearly every possession, forcing us to foul or let them have an easy bucket.  We settled on jump shots.  End of story and the ball game.  Plant your feet and take a charge instead of slapping at the ball where the refs will call a foul on you every time, sometimes an anticipation foul, plus we let them have a ton of offensive rebounds.  We played a lousy game and still nearly won it.  They are not a good team but they had a good game plan.  More free throws would not have helped us as we have turned into a poor free throw shooting team.  Even Macon missed a couple and he is usually money at the line.  I almost have to leave the room when Gafford steps to the line for a free throw attempt.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hoginla

I didn't get to watch the game - only radio - so I can't say what percentage of calls the refs got right.  However, it's difficult to believe that the refs could call it that tight and have such a huge disparity.  The play by play guy on the radio made the comment that we weren't going inside enough to take advantage of the tight calls like state was. When he said that, I checked the stats and state had 3 more layup/dunk attempts at that point than we had.

It was mentioned during pregame that state, "does not foul".

No matter because the way we shot in the 2nd half we should have won.  Costly turnovers and not taking advantage of the few free throw opportunities we had cost us.

Mike should have been on the refs more about the officiating if they truly were calling petty fouls inside.
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

hoginla

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2018, 10:08:00 pm
It's really easy when the refs know your coach isn't going to complain much about it............

agree
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

cityhog

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 02, 2018, 10:09:39 pm

Yet Auburn somehow managed to overcome at TN

LA Football fan

Quote from: cityhog on January 03, 2018, 04:23:08 pm
Yet Auburn somehow managed to overcome at TN

A lot easier to overcome when your opponent only shoots 8 more free throws than you.  I suspect we would have won by 10 or more too if you take away 20 free throw attempts from MSU and only let them shoot 8 more than us.

hawganatic

Ahhhh!! Of course it was the ref's fault.

Has Arkansas ever legitimately lost a basketball game??

cityhog

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 03, 2018, 04:49:19 pm
A lot easier to overcome when your opponent only shoots 8 more free throws than you.  I suspect we would have won by 10 or more too if you take away 20 free throw attempts from MSU and only let them shoot 8 more than us.

So it's a hog conspiracy? They only call lots of fouls on us? Or maybe, juuuuust maybe, we need to rebound better and play D with our feet instead of our hands.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: cityhog on January 03, 2018, 04:55:52 pm
So it's a hog conspiracy? They only call lots of fouls on us? Or maybe, juuuuust maybe, we need to rebound better and play D with our feet instead of our hands.
We tied in rebounding against one of the better rebounding teams in the SEC, try again, and we made 7 more shots than them!!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Roadhog82

It's no wonder they had so many empty seats. Who wants to go watch a team shoot free throws. A couple times I swear they had guards just drive the lane and fall over, because they knew the refs would bail them out. We are much better than miss st, but they had the better game plan. (Free throws)