Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McElwain gone.

Started by ballz2thewall, October 29, 2017, 12:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 29, 2017, 01:47:06 pm
East... 2 east titles.
Those are worthless these days.

They are always worthless if they can't win the SEC off of it. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jcbville

They didn't fire him right now due to his record. They wanted to fire him with cause because they think he's lying about the death threats and once that cat was out of the bag they were at odds.

snoot hoggy hog

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on October 29, 2017, 12:58:26 pm

I don't think anyone has ever said that, just pointed out that if a school does that it doesn't help them land a good hire

Also this whole situation is strange.

I disagree. It gives a University a head start on their coaching search and gives them a better shot at landing a good head coach.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hoghearted on October 29, 2017, 01:00:37 pm
trying to figure out what's behind this turn of events.....strange
I agree with the guys on ESPN's SEC wrap up show last night that there's something behind the scenes that's going on that doesn't necessarily have to do with McElwain's record his year. While they're struggling this season, he did get them to the championship game his first two seasons. Apparently little, if any, communication between the AD and HC. Plus when your university president comes out early last week and comments/questions the whole threat issue then you have a strong feeling that things are very obviously wrong.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 29, 2017, 01:04:28 pm
Hello interim coach Randy Shannon.

The same Randy Shannon that Bielema wouldn't make the DC here.  Not making Shannon the DC is one of the biggest mistakes Bielema has made during his tenure here.

If Frost goes to Nebraska, UCF might look to hire Shannon as their Head Coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: jcbville on October 29, 2017, 02:58:26 pm
They didn’t fire him right now due to his record. They wanted to fire him with cause because they think he’s lying about the death threats and once that cat was out of the bag they were at odds.

That's just an excuse. They are really firing him because he's losing. If he was winning, we wouldn't hear a peep about him lying.

elksnort

Quote from: pigmania on October 29, 2017, 02:33:45 pm
But, but where does that money go? Stadium suites? Where they can charge the hell out of donors to sit and watch a sorry product on the field, year after year.
Oh I agree.
Kind of like the rich kid with the nice basketball court, but he can't play very well.

King Kong

Quote from: rhames on October 29, 2017, 02:30:34 pm

So much wrong with this sentence.

Unless you are talking specifically about Flordia

I am talking specifically about Florida

RexMentor

A new coach will be named after the season. Norvell's too smart to jump at the first chance that comes up and Florida is a top tier job for the right coach.

rhames

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 03:25:29 pm
I am talking specifically about Florida

Then I agree. I misunderstood your post at first. My bad.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

EastexHawg

Yep, Florida wants to get rid of him because they have seen enough to know he is never going to put together a program up to their standards.  They think they have a chance to fire him for cause now and they are taking their shot.  The lying about threats thing is a diversionary tactic.

I won't be the least bit surprised if some day it comes out that Long did the same thing with Petrino...that Petrino POed someone or a few someones and Long took his shot when he had the chance.  The only difference would be that Petrino wasn't losing like McElwain.

hotdog hog

14-2 vs SEC East and two conference championships. 11-26 vs SEC Nuff Said

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on October 29, 2017, 03:18:27 pm
I disagree. It gives a University a head start on their coaching search and gives them a better shot at landing a good head coach.

Says the guy who believes in second, third, fourth chances, etc. and didn't want a certain former Hog coach fired for any reason.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog N Bama

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 29, 2017, 01:06:41 pm
take away about 3 gift turnovers yesterday and Bielema would be joining him this morning on the unemployment line
Turnovers are just part of the overall game and with most of those turnovers, we got the ball back because our defense was excellent with execution

GuvHog

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 29, 2017, 03:33:40 pm
14-2 vs SEC East and two conference championships. 11-26 vs SEC Nuff Said

McElwain has been on thin ice since the Gators were embarrassed by the Hogs last year. One down season was all they needed to fire him. They are just trying to use his lie to avoid paying his buyout. He's being fired for losing.