Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It would not surprise me if

Started by Hoggie17, October 26, 2017, 11:31:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Butch Jones loses to KY on Saturday he will be fired on Sunday.  At any rate he is through at the end of the year. We might miss out on HC hire if we wait to long on firing CBB.

rhames

Do you not work? I feel like you start a thread every 10 minutes.

Also thanks for the genius insight that no one around the country has been bringing to the table considering Butch Jones. Hard hitting stuff there.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hogwild

I agree there is a solid chance that if he loses to Kentucky, he will be fired thereafter. But if he wins against Kentucky there is a really good shot of him keeping his job next season.

If he beats Kentucky, next up are  two easy games USM and Mizzou.  Now they are at home with a three game win streak facing LSU.  The Vols then close at home with Vandy. After Kentucky they should be favored in the rest of the games. (LSU game pending)

It all starts with Kentucky, but if they end the season with 5 wins and trip to the Gator Bowl or better, I could see them giving him another year.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rhames on October 26, 2017, 11:34:50 am

Also thanks for the genius insight that no one around the country has been bringing to the table considering Butch Jones. Hard hitting stuff there.

Some people never seem to get tired of repeating themselves.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

CPO Hog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 26, 2017, 11:31:00 am
Butch Jones loses to KY on Saturday he will be fired on Sunday.  At any rate he is through at the end of the year. We might miss out on HC hire if we wait to long on firing CBB.
Are you implying we fire CBB so we can be first in line for BJ?

radar

Psychohog

Damn, son. Somebody piss in your Post Toasties this morning?
Never smarten up a chump.

RME

Very first thought that popped into my head.

Some people just love to hear themselves speak. Or I guess in this case, see thelmselves type.

rhames

Quote from: Psychohog on October 26, 2017, 12:14:26 pm

Not that I'm aware of. My butler did seem suspicious this morning now that you mention it.

I was making an observation. If you're a fan of Hoggie17 I in no way meant to be offensive. Some people love picture books!

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hawg1221

There is no advantage at all by getting rid of a coach mid season. Everyone looking for a coach will begin their contacting about the same time.

King Kong

Chip Kelly would be the only coach they could get a head start on. The firing early gives an advantage is a myth

hogcard1964

Tennessee will unfortunately win that game.  Every year Kentucky starts out respectable...5-2 or 6-3 and then they fade into oblivion.

Wildhog

I have to believe Long is already quietly working on a replacement for CBB.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawg1221

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 26, 2017, 01:10:03 pm
Tennessee will unfortunately win that game.  Every year Kentucky starts out respectable...5-2 or 6-3 and then they fade into oblivion.

Agreed. Kentucky doesn't have the line play that Tennessee does.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Wildhog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 26, 2017, 01:21:20 pm
One more time!  REPEAT AFTER ME:  "ADs do not contact coaching candidates during a season!  Firing a coach during the season DOES NOT give the administration a head start on the next hire!"

They don't contact the coaches.  They contact their agents.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

GunnerHawg70

Hahahahaha!!! 🤣🤣🤣

King Kong

Quote from: Wildhog on October 26, 2017, 01:25:18 pm
They don't contact the coaches.  They contact their agents.

Correct. Which as you mentioned can and should already be going on

The OTR

Are you suggesting we hurry up and fire CBB before TN fires Butch?  That makes a lot of sense to me and I'll bet most of the people on here.  Get the jump on things.  Run this old boy out of town, get Shula up here, and find us a coach. 

Drop the Mike

Your time of the month sweetheart?

rhames

Quote from: Drop the Mike on October 26, 2017, 01:36:17 pm
Your time of the month sweetheart?

Chill out with the "sweetheart" talk Harvey Weinstein

NaturalStateReb

Jones is a dead man walking.  I think Kentucky beats them this weekend and becomes bowl eligible.  Jones being fired is a foregone conclusion to me, Kentucky or not.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Maybe my thinking is oldtime but usually the power brokers go to work behind the scenes using friendships to indirectly contact parties of interest in a manner that both parties can deny any contact.  Agents are far too talkative to trust at that stage.  If there is real interest, you get let known, if not you move on to the next possibility.  This moving way too late is likely going to be a major downfall for us because we aren't the most interesting job coming available, if we come available.

B Ray

Quote from: King Kong on October 26, 2017, 01:05:31 pm
Chip Kelly would be the only coach they could get a head start on. The firing early gives an advantage is a myth
Exactly, I'm unsure if Long and those that matters would consider Chip Kelley, but if it's decided that CBB is gone , I'm sure there is some behind the scenes stuff going on with agents !!

texas tush hog

They will hire Matt Campbell, Nebraska will hire Scott Frost, and we should hire Mike Norvell.

prattville pig

Quote from: Psychohog on October 26, 2017, 12:14:26 pm
I loved Post Oat Flakes back in the day.
Life's too short to last long.

Bkhardicars

Just because Butch Jones may get fired Sunday does not mean back channels are not already being worked.Further, if Brett is not terminated at the end of the year, it's probably because a viable candidate was not interested.That being said, I believe Brett will be gone shortly after the Mizzou game, and a viable coach we will be happy with will be announced within a couple of weeks after the end of the season...That is my hope, probably more so than my belief..

JaketheSnake

Would we consider Mark Stoops if Kentucky beat TN?  Or if they lose to TN?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 26, 2017, 01:21:20 pm
One more time!  REPEAT AFTER ME:  "ADs do not contact coaching candidates during a season!  Firing a coach during the season DOES NOT give the administration a head start on the next hire!"

The only head start any school has is the development of a candidate list, which has probably already begun at Tenner, FL, and the Hogs in the SEC, and a few more nationally.

As has been mentioned, schools aren't going to have direct contact with a candidate, but they will reach out to their agents. And as far as a list goes, an AD always maintains a list of desired candidates in their desk drawer, "just in case". So Long already had his top 3 to 5 on a list. My concern is, someone above him needs to be going over that list with him, perhaps helping him to re-shape what that list should look like based on a desire to win more games.
Go Hogs Go!

Broadway Rob

Quote from: hawg1221 on October 26, 2017, 12:54:30 pm
There is no advantage at all by getting rid of a coach mid season. Everyone looking for a coach will begin their contacting about the same time.

With all due respect, you're insane if you don't think there's back channel contact during the season.  Also, a mid-season firing erases the doubt of whether the coach will be fired, thus keeping that team in the minds of coaches who may be considering a step up.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: King Kong on October 26, 2017, 01:05:31 pm

So, no big name donor will send a message to the agent of any hot coaches until the season is over?  You're right, they have respect for the process and will wait. 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

smb

Tennessee will beat Kentucky next person.
GeorgiaHOG

The OTR

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 27, 2017, 06:49:47 am
As has been mentioned, schools aren't going to have direct contact with a candidate, but they will reach out to their agents. And as far as a list goes, an AD always maintains a list of desired candidates in their desk drawer, "just in case". So Long already had his top 3 to 5 on a list. My concern is, someone above him needs to be going over that list with him, perhaps helping him to re-shape what that list should look like based on a desire to win more games.

I realize the expression in their desk drawer may be just that but I would think if there were only 3-5 on the list he could remember it without writing it on a piece of paper and putting it in a file marked "Top 3-5 coaches just in case" in a desk drawer to refer to in case he forgot who they were.  Just my opinion and probably wrong. I've heard others say this before but it seems like a silly exercise to me.

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 27, 2017, 07:11:06 am
I realize the expression in their desk drawer may be just that but I would think if there were only 3-5 on the list he could remember it without writing it on a piece of paper and putting it in a file marked "Top 3-5 coaches just in case" in a desk drawer to refer to in case he forgot who they were.  Just my opinion and probably wrong. I've heard others say this before but it seems like a silly exercise to me.
?

These days they put that list on their smartphone where the Russians and footballscoop can back it.

The OTR

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2017, 07:17:07 am
?

These days they put that list on their smartphone where the Russians and footballscoop can back it.

I'm pretty sure I could commit those 3-5 names to memory:

Nick Saban
Bill Belichick
Urban Meyer
John Gruden
Chip Kelly

Maybe he does have that list with a break glass if necessary case but I bet he's got those names memorized. Everybody else on here does.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: CPO Hog on October 26, 2017, 11:41:54 am
Are you implying we fire CBB so we can be first in line for BJ?

Why would one have to fire a coach to get BJ?

texas tush hog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 26, 2017, 01:11:29 pm
I have to believe Long is already quietly working on a replacement for CBB.

You have more confidence in Jeffie than the rest of us do. Oh wait, Leslie Edwin Miles is already reviewing his contract terms.

Hoggie17

I am sticking with the prediction I made last week!

sickboy

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 29, 2017, 05:16:09 pm
I am sticking with the prediction I made last week!

You're potentially correct.

Hoggie17

If it is not Sunday he is through, meeting right now discussing his future they will be through later today.