Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well

Started by HiggiePiggy, June 21, 2012, 10:05:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

Heck everyone might score double digits in this heat blow out.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hogwop

Not watching it but judging from the score it seems like OKC is ready to just get this series over with
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogwop on June 21, 2012, 10:11:40 pm
Not watching it but judging from the score it seems like OKC is ready to just get this series over with

Yeah it is ugly now.  Heat have made 14 3 pointers already.  4th quarter with 10mins left. 

songofthesword

OKC's probelm after watching them they have one really big glaring need on their team, they need a slasher at the 2 guard.  they also need more of a facilitator at point.

i would trade harden and get a eric gordon type 2 guard and get a pass first point, they will never win with westbrook when his shot isn't falling he stops playing.

HiggiePiggy

Well I think it will only get easier now for the heat.  The big pressure is finally off of Lebron James. 

The Boar War

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 21, 2012, 10:57:13 pm
Well I think it will only get easier now for the heat.  The big pressure is finally off of Lebron James. 

I agree.  I think they start a run now.

Hogwop

Yup, the NBA better hope King James doesn't get addicted to winning or we could potentially see another Bullsesque run in the near future.

At least the "LeBron can't close out big games" talk will cease for a while.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

The_Bionic_Pig

And how are any of the above predictions a bad thing ....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dogtown Donkey

You know things are bad when a broken back Mike Miller drops 7 3s on you.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 22, 2012, 08:19:13 am
You know things are bad when a broken back Mike Miller drops 7 3s on you.

That's why it is nice to have Lebron on the team because he draws double teams and is a great passer also. 

RazorPiggie

Whats up with KD hugging his mommy crying like a lil schoolgirl after the game? I remember crying after a game when I was in like 1st grade. Com'on man.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on June 22, 2012, 10:01:25 am
Whats up with KD hugging his mommy crying like a lil schoolgirl after the game? I remember crying after a game when I was in like 1st grade. Com'on man.

Not sure if serious....

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 22, 2012, 10:06:49 am
Not sure if serious....

I'm not sure if he is a grown man or not. Didn't see anyone else crying like a lil girl.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on June 22, 2012, 10:10:08 am
I'm not sure if he is a grown man or not. Didn't see anyone else crying like a lil girl.

Dude, grow up. You sound like you're in junior high.

Guy's worked his whole life to get that point, a place were very few actually make it to, and he came up short. He worked very hard to get there. There's a lot of emotion there. It wasn't like he was sobbing and blubbering. He shed a few tears while hugging his mother (which he does after EVERY game). Quit out the macho BS.

dhornjr1

Michael Jordan cried in the locker room after the Bulls beat my Lakers for the championship in '91. He was hugging the trophy instead of his mom, of course, but his dad was sitting next to him.

Larry Bird said he has cried three times in his life. One of those instances was after Magic Johnson led Michigan State to victory over Bird's Indiana State squad in the 1979 NCAA Tournament Final. The second instance was after Magic hit the baby sky-hook over Parish and McHale in the '87 Finals.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 22, 2012, 10:17:59 am
Dude, grow up. You sound like you're in junior high.

Guy's worked his whole life to get that point, a place were very few actually make it to, and he came up short. He worked very hard to get there. There's a lot of emotion there. It wasn't like he was sobbing and blubbering. He shed a few tears while hugging his mother (which he does after EVERY game). Quit out the macho BS.

He's got some growing up to do.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on June 22, 2012, 11:00:39 am
He's got some growing up to do.

Does he?

Because he's a human being that showed an acceptable amount of emotion during the most important event of his life?

You are going to accuse him of being mature?

RazorPiggie

I figured he would be more pissed off than anything. I know I woulda been. Its not like this will be the only time they are there. This team is still very immature. More maturity and they win.

I find it odd that Bosh gets all kinds of criticism last year for crying after my Mavs beat them and everyone making fun of him but its the complete opposite when KD does it.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on June 22, 2012, 11:23:11 am
I figured he would be more pissed off than anything. I know I woulda been. Its not like this will be the only time they are there. This team is still very immature. More maturity and they win.

I find it odd that Bosh gets all kinds of criticism last year for crying after my Mavs beat them and everyone making fun of him but its the complete opposite when KD does it.

You find it odd?

America hates the Heat. They love Kevin Durant. That's the difference. Everyone loves Durant because he's humble and didn't leave his small market team. Everyone hates the Heat because the Big 3 teamed up and acted a fool at their little concert. I think it's perfectly acceptable for Bosh to cry as well, but I understand why he was ridiculed and Durant won't be. Durant's the good guy, the Heat are the bad guys.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: songofthesword on June 21, 2012, 10:55:19 pm
OKC's probelm after watching them they have one really big glaring need on their team, they need a slasher at the 2 guard.  they also need more of a facilitator at point.

i would trade harden and get a eric gordon type 2 guard and get a pass first point, they will never win with westbrook when his shot isn't falling he stops playing.

They need someone who can give them some scoring and rebounding on the inside.  Perkins and Imbake were pretty much nonexistant.  I think having someone like that would really help Durant and Westbrook.   They would be harder to defend.   Most times to start a game Durant and Westbrook are the only offensive threats.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 22, 2012, 11:31:37 am
You find it odd?

America hates the Heat. They love Kevin Durant. That's the difference. Everyone loves Durant because he's humble and didn't leave his small market team. Everyone hates the Heat because the Big 3 teamed up and acted a fool at their little concert. I think it's perfectly acceptable for Bosh to cry as well, but I understand why he was ridiculed and Durant won't be. Durant's the good guy, the Heat are the bad guys.

Bad guys? Bc they knew they wouldn't win or get the help at their small market teams? Cleveland was never going to get LeBron any help and if someone thinks otherwise they are "special." Same with Toronto. Cleveland and Toronto were retarded in letting these players become free agents in the first place. I'm sure LeBron thought long and hard about his decision. Hmm do I stay in Cleveland and make the playoffs every year, only to lose, or do I go to a team where I know I can win multiple championships. I'm sure that was a tough choice for him. The way he handled the press conference was pretty bad but I can fault the guy for wanting to win. LeBron has never been in any trouble and doesn't act like a thug.

KD cant leave his small market team right now. Lets see what happens if he stays with OKC if he becomes a free agent and can go anywhere.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on June 22, 2012, 12:29:38 pm
Bad guys? Bc they knew they wouldn't win or get the help at their small market teams? Cleveland was never going to get LeBron any help and if someone thinks otherwise they are "special." Same with Toronto. Cleveland and Toronto were retarded in letting these players become free agents in the first place. I'm sure LeBron thought long and hard about his decision. Hmm do I stay in Cleveland and make the playoffs every year, only to lose, or do I go to a team where I know I can win multiple championships. I'm sure that was a tough choice for him. The way he handled the press conference was pretty bad but I can fault the guy for wanting to win. LeBron has never been in any trouble and doesn't act like a thug.

KD cant leave his small market team right now. Lets see what happens if he stays with OKC if he becomes a free agent and can go anywhere.

Don't shoot messenger.

I'm not stating my opinion. I'm just explaining the situation to you since you don't seem to be aware. I mean, they've done polls and everything. The Heat are the most hated pro sports team in America right now. Whether or not you agree with why is irrelevant. I'm just explaining the difference in perception between Chris Bosh and Kevin Durant.

Let's also not act as if LeBron had "no help" in Cleveland. They did go to the Finals one year. He had Mo Williams, Big Z, Jamison, and Varajao in Cleveland. He didn't have enough help, but he had help. Make no mistake. Could they have gotten him more help? Remains to be seen. He didn't seem to think so, but let's not like he was surrounded by Charlotte Bobcats of this season.

Bosh had every right to leave Toronto. I don't know if they'll ever be good. He got caught in the crossfire of the whole Big 3 thing. It was always about LeBron, but Bosh is guilty by association. Truth be told, I don't think anyone even really cares about Chris Bosh. They just laughed at him because he was on the Heat.

husker71

When Gilbert was talking about putting talent around the King it made me sick.  A 39 year old Shaq who could not play anymore, Mo Williams who is now basically a 3rd string point guard with the Clippers, Gibson who was a one series star, Jamison who is certainly not in the top 100 NBA players and Gilbert always bragged about his young budding star JJ Hickson who will probably wind up playing overseas next year.  Gilbert could not admit (at last in public) what every NBA agent and general manager knew.  Nobody decent wants to play or live in cleveland. James gave up millions to leave.  In a couple of years Kyrie will do the same.  The only way to win in this league, start with one superstar and then try to add another at least really good player  and get the remaining pieces to try and fill in the holes.  Then hope that some underated players really have some dominant moments in the playoffs.  Last year Dirk and Tyson and then the playoff performances of Terry and Barrea.

Dogtown Donkey

June 22, 2012, 02:04:30 pm #23 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:39:59 pm by Dogtown Donkey
Quote from: husker71 on June 22, 2012, 01:04:10 pm
When Gilbert was talking about putting talent around the King it made me sick.  A 39 year old Shaq who could not play anymore, Mo Williams who is now basically a 3rd string point guard with the Clippers, Gibson who was a one series star, Jamison who is certainly not in the top 100 NBA players and Gilbert always bragged about his young budding star JJ Hickson who will probably wind up playing overseas next year.  Gilbert could not admit (at last in public) what every NBA agent and general manager knew.  Nobody decent wants to play or live in cleveland. James gave up millions to leave.  In a couple of years Kyrie will do the same.  The only way to win in this league, start with one superstar and then try to add another at least really good player  and get the remaining pieces to try and fill in the holes.  Then hope that some underated players really have some dominant moments in the playoffs.  Last year Dirk and Tyson and then the playoff performances of Terry and Barrea.

The team that LeBron left wasn't that good, but it wasn't always that way.

You are right that Cleveland was a tough sell for talented players. They ended up overpaying for Larry Hughes, but he was a highly coveted free agent that offseason and was coming off being named to the All-NBA Defensive 1st team. They should have been more proactive in getting honest talent in there instead of trying to role a unit that had aging pieces. But I can't let people say that he never had any help because he did. I don't blame him for leaving. I only blame him for the Decision and the comment about winning like 7 titles. That's it. But he had help for a few years in Cleveland.

HiggiePiggy

The talent he had at Cleveland was not good and that was shown when he left.   If the talent was good it wouldn't go from first to worse because they lose 1 player.  Look at the bulls this year when they lost Derrick rose for awhile. They still ended with the best record in the east, that is having a talented team.   You put that team around lebron at Cleveland and he would still be there. 

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 22, 2012, 02:11:07 pm
The talent he had at Cleveland was not good and that was shown when he left.   If the talent was good it wouldn't go from first to worse because they lose 1 player.  Look at the bulls this year when they lost Derrick rose for awhile. They still ended with the best record in the east, that is having a talented team.   You put that team around lebron at Cleveland and he would still be there.

For some reason, you are unable to acknowledge that his tenure in Cleveland consisted of seasons other than his last. I can't go any further with this as a result.

HiggiePiggy

He hasn't had any good talent at Cleveland starting from his first year there to his last year there.  Everyone he got that that was considered "good" were players that were way past their primes and were good during their primes, but no where as good when they were at Cleveland.   

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 22, 2012, 02:26:03 pm
He hasn't had any good talent at Cleveland starting from his first year there to his last year there.  Everyone he got that that was considered "good" were players that were way past their primes and were good during their primes, but no where as good when they were at Cleveland.

You know what....I done goofed. Jamison wasn't even on that Finals team.

That does change a lot, but it's still inaccurate to say there was no good talent his entire time there. Actually, it's a ridiculous. Championship level talent? Not at all. But they had some pretty darn good teams.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 22, 2012, 02:39:36 pm
You know what....I done goofed. Jamison wasn't even on that Finals team.

That does change a lot, but it's still inaccurate to say there was no good talent his entire time there. Actually, it's a ridiculous. Championship level talent? Not at all. But they had some pretty darn good teams.

They may have had some talent, but never anywhere near enough to win a title.  If Cleveland would have invested in a little with players that weren't past their primes it's possible James would still be in Cleveland.  With out James though they weren't even a contender for a playoff spot. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 22, 2012, 02:49:44 pm
They may have had some talent, but never anywhere near enough to win a title.  If Cleveland would have invested in a little with players that weren't past their primes it's possible James would still be in Cleveland.  With out James though they weren't even a contender for a playoff spot. 

agreed. they were good not great, not like any of them will be hall of famers.

husker71

hall of famers???   I dont think any of the others EVER made an all star game unless it was Gooden.   Eric Snow Larry Hughes Gooden LeBron and Ilgouskias that might be the 2nd worst starting 5 in NBA finals  only better than the Iverson Sixers   

Smithian

Due to the massive amounts of irrational LeBron hate on this board I stayed away through most of the playoff and season compared to being on here all the time last season, but I will leave this message;

Good day folks, see you closer to Hog Hoops season

Dogtown Donkey