Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rest of the staff?

Started by hawgwash, January 09, 2018, 02:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwash

I don't want this to sound negative, I really don't, it's just a request for information.  Now that the coordinators are announced, when should we expect to hear the rest of the staff announced?  I thought CCM wanted to announce everyone at the same time, and that was the reason for waiting until now to announce the coordinators.  I think the offensive side is largely known, but there seems to be some slots on the defensive side of the ball that were still up in the air.

Rudy Baylor

this entire process has been utterly stupid

WaltonCollege

Who really cares right? We're 4-8, the complete staff will get assembled when it does. Don't fret life is too short.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 02:28:52 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure your posting process is not always utterly stupid.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 02:30:42 pm
Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure your posting process is not always utterly stupid.....................

Wanna bet?

Hawginj

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 02:30:42 pm

fans are the enemy

got it

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

hawgwash

Quote from: Hawginj on January 09, 2018, 02:32:57 pm
Here you go
Thanks Hawginj.  Have you seen anything similar to this for the defense?

ChopSooie

Fans are emotional and want things now. Which is not how the real world works.

Hawginj

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 02:41:48 pm
not yet but will post soon as they do

hawgwash

Hawginj

WaltonCollege

FraggleHog

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 02:41:48 pm

Nothing yet... they seem to be letting it out piece by piece today... expect something this afternoon for Defense, and expect to see Ron Cooper, John Scott Jr. and Steve Caldwell named as assistants
Calling the Hogs from DFW

hawgwash

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 09, 2018, 02:56:40 pm
Nothing yet... they seem to be letting it out piece by piece today... expect something this afternoon for Defense, and expect to see Ron Cooper, John Scott Jr. and Steve Caldwell named as assistants
I feel pretty confident Caldwell is on the staff.  And somewhat confident about Cooper. There seems to have been mixed signals relative to Scott.  But assuming all three are on board, that still leaves 1?

Hawginj

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 02:59:45 pm
I feel pretty confident Caldwell is on the staff.  And somewhat confident about Cooper. There seems to have been mixed signals relative to Scott.  But assuming all three are on board, that still leaves 1?
yes Caldwell, Cooper, Scott  and the 10th

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 09, 2018, 02:56:40 pm

Can someone tell me what these guys are good at? I know Caldwell is a good DL coach from his run here before but are Cooper and Scott really great recruiters or are they just really good position coaches? If they are good recruiters then what areas/states are they known to be strong in?

FraggleHog

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 02:59:45 pm

From what I saw in another post, Ron Cooper was spotted in town eating with Chavis and Caldwell. Apparently John Scott Jr. was huge in the recruitment of Nick Fulwider (has the GA ties)... So I'd imagine he will be retained.

hawgwash

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 09, 2018, 03:03:25 pm
From what I saw in another post, Ron Cooper was spotted in town eating with Chavis and Caldwell. Apparently John Scott Jr. was huge in the recruitment of Nick Fulwider (has the GA ties)... So I'd imagine he will be retained.
I thought I read somewhere that Bobby Allen was involved most recently on the recruiting of Fulwider, like he was for the Ashdown kid.  If that's correct, it would make you wonder about Scott's role going forward.

GrizzlyRider07

Was there any truth to Trooper Taylor joining the staff?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 09, 2018, 03:02:28 pm
Can someone tell me what these guys are good at? I know Caldwell is a good DL coach from his run here before but are Cooper and Scott really great recruiters or are they just really good position coaches? If they are good recruiters then what areas/states are they known to be strong in?

Just google Ron Cooper's resume. He's been everywhere... even has HC experience.

Apparently Scott was huge in the Nick Fulwider commitment. Has ties in GA and East Coast. I'm sure there are others more versed on here that can add more color

Dwight_K_Shrute

Waiting on D staff.  Think together Scott and Caldwell will do great things across the line if Scott is retained.  Nice combination of youth and experience.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FraggleHog

Then there's this... Don't know who this is, but he acts like he knows what's going on...

Hopeful Hog

From what I've read iirc is that Cooper is good in LA, the Cajun one not the West Coast, and if what FraggleHog says about Scott being good in GA is true then this is some homerun hires. With the offensive guys having TX and these defensive guys having LA and GA the only real hot beds that were missing is Florida in California. This is a huge step in the right direction! We should cherry pick the Arkansas kids and concentrate on those three talent rich states.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 09, 2018, 03:17:29 pm
From what I've read iirc is that Cooper is good in LA, the Cajun one not the West Coast, and if what FraggleHog says about Scott being good in GA then this is some homeruns of hires. With the offensive guys having TX and these defensive guys having LA and GA the only real hot beds that were missing is Florida in California. This is a huge step in the right direction! We should cherry pick the Arkansas kids and concentrate on those three talent rich states.

From my previous post (if indeed true), Tim Skipper would take care of Florida. He was the LB coach at Florida

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 09, 2018, 03:17:29 pm
From what I've read iirc is that Cooper is good in LA, the Cajun one not the West Coast, and if what FraggleHog says about Scott being good in GA is true then this is some homerun hires. With the offensive guys having TX and these defensive guys having LA and GA the only real hot beds that were missing is Florida in California. This is a huge step in the right direction! We should cherry pick the Arkansas kids and concentrate on those three talent rich states.

Scott was the lead recruiter for Fulwider the first time around and Mincey as well. Mincey had offers from just about everybody in the SEC, so getting him would be a coup.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 09, 2018, 03:19:58 pm
From my previous post (if indeed true), Tim Skipper would take care of Florida. He was the LB coach at Florida

Amazing!!! It's to late to make much of a splash this year but I'm looking forward to the 2019 class. I'm getting a little to excited about this but it's looking promising.

jackflash

the rumor defensive staff would be great

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 09, 2018, 03:19:58 pm

Skipper is an extremely good Louisiana recruiter. I'm not sure about his ties to the high schools in Florida, but you would assume he has some kind of connection coaching at UF.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on January 09, 2018, 03:26:48 pm
Skipper is an extremely good Louisiana recruiter. I'm not sure about his ties to the high schools in Florida, but you would assume he has some kind of connection coaching at UF.

Isn't Cooper known to be a good LA recruiter also or no?

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 09, 2018, 03:28:45 pm

I'm sure he is. Cooper has also spent time in Florida. His bio is just southeast to the max. He's probably got recruiting ties all over the place, but I think he's maybe known more as a tactician than a recruiter? I'm just guessing on that.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hawg Life

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 09, 2018, 03:17:01 pm
Then there's this... Don't know who this is, but he acts like he knows what's going on...

Replace Scott with David Turner from aTm, and I think you'd have it..

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 03:44:36 pm
Replace Scott with David Turner from aTm, and I think you'd have it..

Ok then who is David Turner? Other than being from A&M obviously.

oldhawg

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 02:28:52 pm

In your opinion.

Seems to have gone quite smoothly in my opinion.  Very similar to the process and timing when Bobby Petrino named his first staff at Arkanss.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 09, 2018, 03:28:45 pm

Don't know about that but if you look at his Wiki page dude has been just about everywhere from Alabama St to the TB Bucs.  Longest stretch anywhere was 5 years with SC from 2004 through 2008 seasons.  1 season under Holtz who he also coached under at ND and 4 seasons under Spurrier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Cooper_(American_football)
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 02:39:20 pm
fans are the enemy

got it

meet the new boss, same as the old boss
And anyone who actually thought Inhogswetrust's comments were strange or off base I offer the above........

hawgwash

I'm starting to wonder if the defensive side isn't all buttoned down yet.  Maybe still negotiating with potential coaches, or maybe still ironing out assignments. 

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: oldhawg on January 09, 2018, 03:52:04 pm
In your opinion.

Seems to have gone quite smoothly in my opinion.  Very similar to the process and timing when Bobby Petrino named his first staff at Arkanss.

not one recruit coming this weekend

still getting things squared away

you're wrong

grayhawg

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 06:27:24 pm
not one recruit coming this weekend

still getting things squared away

you're wrong
Are you trolling or just naturally a negative person?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: grayhawg on January 09, 2018, 06:33:21 pm

?

home basketball game this weekend - January 13th

not one recruit coming

are you serious?

Hayden1865

Ron Cooper and Caldwell have their Twitter decked in hog backgrounds and profile pics. I think we are all set and just haven't announced for whatever reason.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

farmhawg

Quote from: grayhawg on January 09, 2018, 06:33:21 pm
Hes a Troll.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

grayhawg

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 06:42:41 pm
?

home basketball game this weekend - January 13th

not one recruit coming

are you serious?
Thanks, you just answered my question.

farmhawg

Damn, I'm excited about this staff. Best we have ever had on the defensive side.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 09, 2018, 06:42:44 pm
Ron Cooper and Caldwell have their Twitter decked in hog backgrounds and profile pics. I think we are all set and just haven't announced for whatever reason.

Ron Cooper and Mark Smith also both started following John Scott Jr on Twitter today

rzrbk4life

Quote from: farmhawg on January 09, 2018, 06:44:53 pm
Damn, I'm excited about this staff. Best we have ever had on the defensive side.

Dare I say...uncommon. But seriously I'm excited about them as well. Our lack of success on that side won't be because of coaching
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Rudy Baylor

Hayden1865

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 09, 2018, 06:46:54 pm
Ron Cooper and Mark Smith also both started following John Scott Jr on Twitter today
so we just don't know who the second secondary coach will be it looks like. Also who is taking ST duties.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Hawg Life

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 09, 2018, 06:46:54 pm

Are they also following Wyatt, Turner, and Price? I'd be very surprised if Scott is retained. He may be STC with some emphasis on a position, but not DL coach. Time will tell.