Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wise

Started by boonecohog, October 01, 2017, 08:58:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boonecohog

Decent player at Arkansas but seems to be more productive in the NFL so far....

Why?

PorkRinds

He had a broken hand most of his senior year. That and our defense was terrible.

LA Football fan

Could be the type offenses in the NFL that he is defending are more suited to his skills vs spread teams in college.  Also, defensive schemes and assignments will also dictate what opportunities you get to showcase your talents.

TomasPistola

The guys coaching in the pros are great. That's why they're in the pros. Also, he has more talent on the line with him so the offense can't just focus on him.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 01, 2017, 08:59:05 pm
He had a broken hand most of his senior year. That and our defense was terrible.
He looked pretty damn good in late 2015.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

JaketheSnake

I was wrong on Wise.  I always thought he looked slow as a hog.

Porkyswine

Lol.  No.  It is because our defensive coaches and scheme have been horrid.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Porkyswine on October 01, 2017, 10:14:08 pm
Lol.  No.  It is because our defensive coaches and scheme have been horrid.
And Mitchell Loewan too.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

factchecker

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on October 01, 2017, 10:16:37 pm
And Mitchell Loewan too.

Mitch Loewen was a walk on tight end who was convinced to play defense and given a scholarship by Bielema.

People bitched when we "wasted" a scholarship on him but he was a part of our good 2014 defense:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Youngsta71701

Quote from: boonecohog on October 01, 2017, 08:58:34 pm

Why?
COACHING!!!!!!!!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

gchamblee

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 02, 2017, 07:57:08 am
COACHING!!!!!!!!

And there it is! He threw a soft one over the plate and someone finally hit it lol.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on October 02, 2017, 09:17:58 am
And there it is! He threw a soft one over the plate and someone finally hit it lol.

It's weird that some people think a broken hand shouldn't impact line play.

I guess Wise didn't get any coaching when he was kicking ass in 2015 - 8 sacks vs. conference opponents - good for 2nd best in the SEC.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 09:21:15 am
It's weird that some people think a broken hand shouldn't impact line play.

I guess Wise didn't get any coaching when he was kicking ass in 2015 - 8 sacks vs. conference opponents - good for 2nd best in the SEC.

he played well enough to get drafted and is now playing for a prominent nfl team, but he did all of this in spite of his coaching, not because of it :) Hogville is littered with idiots that want so desperately to discredit CBB they just make crap up.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on October 02, 2017, 09:29:17 am
he played well enough to get drafted and is now playing for a prominent nfl team, but he did all of this in spite of his coaching, not because of it :) Hogville is littered with idiots that want so desperately to discredit CBB they just make crap up.

No doubt.

The fact that they brought up Loewen, a guy that Hogville bitched about Bielema giving a scholarship, is proof that they are idiots.

Similar situation with Derby.  People were claiming he was getting a scholarship because Bielema was friends with his dad.  Thankfully Derby listened to Bielema and moved to tight end.  The rest is history.

There are enough facts and evidence that Bielema isn't getting it done here.  Just look at his record.  Look at our conference record. No reason to manufacture reasons to be pissed.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

He broke his hand in fall camp before last season and then separated his shoulder a couple weeks into the season.  Played 2016 with one arm. Combine that with a foot injury from the previous year that never had time to heal and there you go.  He wasn't healthy until after the 2016 season.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 09:37:10 am
No doubt.

The fact that they brought up Loewen, a guy that Hogville bitched about Bielema giving a scholarship, is proof that they are idiots.

Similar situation with Derby.  People were claiming he was getting a scholarship because Bielema was friends with his dad.  Thankfully Derby listened to Bielema and moved to tight end.  The rest is history.

There are enough facts and evidence that Bielema isn't getting it done here.  Just look at his record.  Look at our conference record. No reason to manufacture reasons to be pissed.

Bingo

Polecat

motivated by the next paycheck perhaps? That would be plenty motivation for me
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

FANONTHEHILL

Amazing how the team that keeps winning Superbowls continues bringing in these horribly prepared players.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on October 01, 2017, 10:29:18 pm
Mitch Loewen was a walk on tight end who was convinced to play defense and given a scholarship by Bielema.

People bitched when we "wasted" a scholarship on him but he was a part of our good 2014 defense:

Loewen earned that scholarship by just flat producing.  Was a big fan of his.  I never had a problem with him getting one.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 02, 2017, 09:38:03 am
He broke his hand in fall camp before last season and then separated his shoulder a couple weeks into the season.  Played 2016 with one arm. Combine that with a foot injury from the previous year that never had time to heal and there you go.  He wasn't healthy until after the 2016 season.
Just our luck...

EastexHawg

Think about the defensive line talent alone that was left to John L. Smith and subsequent staffs.

Chris Smith...18 combined sacks in 2012 and 2013.  Left Arkansas as our all-time sacks leader.  Second team All-SEC.
Trey Flowers
Darius Philon
Deatrich Wise
Robert Thomas...in his fourth year in the NFL.  Currently a member of the Giants
Taiwan Johnson...started 39 straight games, ended up with 18 TFL and 8 sacks as a DT

One more thing...every one of those guys was from out of state.

Letsroll1200

The Patriots are putting Deatrich Wise in a position to be successful. His job is not to try to stop the run but go after the QB. Good coaches are able to minimize your weaknesses and maximize your strengths.

factchecker

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 02, 2017, 10:25:26 am
Chris Smith...18 combined sacks in 2012 and 2013.  Left Arkansas as our all-time sacks leader.

Chris Smith finished with 21.5 sacks - good for 4th all time.

1   25.5   Wayne Martin   1985-88
2   25   Henry Ford   1990-93
3   23.5   Jake Bequette    2008-11
4   21.5   Chris Smith       2010-13
5   21   Steven Conley   1992-95

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sacks/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Why?
Same should be said for Mitchell Loewen who is on the 53 man roster for the saints
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 02, 2017, 10:57:11 am
Same should be said for Mitchell Loewen who is on the 53 man roster for the saints

You know the same could be said for the walk-on tight end who was given a scholarship by Bielema, Mitchell Loewen.

Did you know he is on the 53 man roster for the saints?

WOW

Let's forget the fact that he was convinced to play tight end by our staff ----- I guess he did it on his own.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 11:00:22 am
You know the same could be said for the walk-on tight end who was given a scholarship by Bielema, Mitchell Loewen.

Did you know he is on the 53 man roster for the saints?

WOW

Let's forget the fact that he was convinced to play tight end by our staff ----- I guess he did it on his own.

I, unlike your screen name, am not a fact checker. I saw a post and immediately replied with my thoughts. I didn't know anyone had already posted what I was about to say and im sure it wont be the last time. Great minds think alike though I suppose
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 02, 2017, 09:48:45 am
Amazing how the team that keeps winning Superbowls continues bringing in these horribly prepared players.
It's because they can see the talent. But here's the kicker. They know how to use it ;).

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 02, 2017, 10:44:11 am
The Patriots are putting Deatrich Wise in a position to be successful. His job is not to try to stop the run but go after the QB. Good coaches are able to minimize your weaknesses and maximize your strengths.
And there it is. Great coaches know how to put their players in the best position to succeed. It's not rocket science. But to some people I guess it is.

onebadrubi

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 10:50:11 am

Seeing Jake Bequette's name this wake reminds of that lick he put on the USCe QB a few years back... 

https://youtu.be/7cgBuXgntCI

EastexHawg

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 10:50:11 am

I stand corrected.  I thought I heard that stat somewhere.  Nevertheless, the point remains that the defensive line talent on the roster in 2012 was outstanding and all recruited from out of state.

boonecohog

I'm sure injuries played a factor but does anyone else remember him being in the dog house for not focusing enough on football.  He was involved in a lot of organizations etc.  Most of the guys we have in the league are producing at a level consistent with college.  Wise seems to have taken it up a couple levels.

code red

Why?
Injuries
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

factchecker

Quote from: boonecohog on October 02, 2017, 12:48:31 pm
I'm sure injuries played a factor but does anyone else remember him being in the dog house for not focusing enough on football.  He was involved in a lot of organizations etc.  Most of the guys we have in the league are producing at a level consistent with college.  Wise seems to have taken it up a couple levels.

I believe Wise used to throw discus or shot put for our track team.

ADD:  Proof-

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS