Not the best publicity in the world

Started by Airforcehawg, September 22, 2017, 08:38:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Airforcehawg

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Oh look, another "fan" that wants the staff to act like little girls instead of men.

PorkRinds

And what a garbage title to that article.

Next1_04

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 08:46:46 am
And what a garbage title to that article.

Put em blast because he wanted a free ticket and got told no. People need to grow a pair these days and tell kids no more often, may help things out a little.

Ironhawg

This thread is like deja vu all over again...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The kid is an A&M commit. wanted to come and watch us play the team he's committed to on our dime. Had we allowed him to come, he would've posted something after the game about how he used Arkansas. Just another entitled little prick that uses the system to make himself look like a victim
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

azhog10

Nothing wrong with what we did, I think these articles are a bit out of touch expecting teams to just allow a player a chance to come watch the team he is committed to play, on a different teams dime.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Locutus_of_Boar

This is a missed opportunity which is not all that surprising.

Arkansas and A&M both rely and the Jerry World trip to impress recruits.  It would be in both team's interest to equally split invitations to the game regardless of which team is the home team in any year.  As this is more critical to Arkansas' recruiting than it is to A&M this would have been an opportunity to appear magnanimous while giving up nothing.

buldozer

Looks like a WR decommitted, but it was Maureese Wren. Not connected to this incident I hope.

PorkRinds

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:04:37 am
Looks like a WR decommitted, but it was Maureese Wren. Not connected to this incident I hope.

Why would it have anything to do with this non-incident?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 22, 2017, 09:48:00 am
This is a missed opportunity which is not all that surprising.

Arkansas and A&M both rely and the Jerry World trip to impress recruits.  It would be in both team's interest to equally split invitations to the game regardless of which team is the home team in any year.  As this is more critical to Arkansas' recruiting than it is to A&M this would have been an opportunity to appear magnanimous while giving up nothing.

Garbage.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

buldozer

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:10:39 am
Why would it have anything to do with this non-incident?
1. Maureese is from TX
2. His decommitment has to do with something.... if all was well he wouldn't have decommitted

Hence, I hope its not connected to this publicized snub. Not likely connected like I originally posted.

More likely connected to the fact we have lost 3 power 5 games in a row and have not scored a point in those games after half time, and have a coach listed as being on the #5 hottest seat in all of college football.

Wildhog

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:18:59 am
1. Maureese is from TX
2. His decommitment has to do with something.... if all was well he wouldn't have decommitted

Hence, I hope its not connected to this publicized snub. Not likely connected like I originally posted.

More likely connected to the fact we have lost 3 power 5 games in a row and have not scored a point in those games after half time, and have a coach listed as being on the #5 hottest seat in all of college football.

No way it's connected to this. 

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

It's like some of you JUST NOW realized that Bielema's not going to get it done here, and are blowing every little thing way out of proportion in an attempt to tie it to his lack of success.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2017, 10:25:05 am
It's like some of you JUST NOW realized that Bielema's not going to get it done, and are blowing every little thing way out of proportion in an attempt to tie it to Bielema's lack of success.

This exactly.

PorkRinds

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:18:59 am
1. Maureese is from TX

We've recruited him as a DB. He's decided he wants to play WR and we likely have others above him in the WR area.

HOGinNC

Why would we host some kid we haven't even extended an offer to that's committed to another school? This is a non-story.

Wildhog

The kid was essentially asking for us to give TAMU an unofficial visit on our dime.  And there's zero chance he wouldn't be recruiting AGAINST us at the game...ON OUR DIME.

1909/1964/1965/1977

1HourToHogville

The kid obviously chose to share his private conversation with the world. 
Doesn't bode well for his future at A&M.   Just what coaches everywhere want, a player who can't keep his mouth shut and chooses to share his "problems" and "mistreatment" with the world. 

Sivad

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on September 22, 2017, 12:30:40 pmJust what coaches everywhere want, a player who can't keep his mouth shut and chooses to share his "problems" and "mistreatment" with the world. 
No kidding. Thought the kid was just trying to freeload a ticket (which he was) but he has even bigger problems. Glad we didn't waste a ticket (or any more time) on him.

JaketheSnake

No one with any sense would think this looks bad on us.  Then the kid doesn't get what he wants so he tattles to the NCAA.  What we did was perfectly legal.  Michael Scott wouldn't pay for Staples to travel to come sell paper to his customers!