Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

34 year old Mayor's POV

Started by Sigepgator702, September 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2017, 07:12:49 am
I'm curious why you felt the need to state your age and occupation in the title?

How many 34 year old mayors do you know?  I only know one.

ricepig

Quote from: The Chief on September 20, 2017, 10:09:39 pm
I was actually impressed that you worked in Lay-Z- Boy, trailer, Trump, duct tape, and "on the street" in a single post.

It was easy, he looked in the mirror.

jkstock04

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 21, 2017, 07:14:35 am
How many 34 year old mayors do you know?  I only know one.
I don't know any. But I'm just wondering what makes one do that. Is that to show he's a voice of "authority" or "look at me?" lol I don't know just came off as a hair silly to me. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The OTR

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2017, 07:30:51 am
I don't know any. But I'm just wondering what makes one do that. Is that to show he's a voice of "authority" or "look at me?" lol I don't know just came off as a hair silly to me.

I don't mind someone tooting their own horn. There's plenty of it here. What does it matter if one more does it?

We need someone in here with a moral compass. Even our leaders seem to be waffling on the issues a bit. The mayor clearly laid out his agenda as any good politician would do.  I think the mayor is the guy with the skills and experience to lead.  I wish Lanny would make him a mod right now.

waphill

I'm curious why you felt the need to state your age and occupation in the title?

I was wondering the same thing.

More credibility? An attention grab? Perhaps every poster must lead with his age and occupation before posting. Maybe that would bring some law and order to this place!!

Sigepgator702

I put my age and one of my occupations on there just to grab everyone's attention.  I was just trying to be creative with the title of the thread.  I'm not tooting my own horn or wanting attention.  I try to be a humble person and was just trying to have a little fun.  It backfired on me for the most part!  Lesson learned.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: waphill on September 21, 2017, 08:51:50 am
I was wondering the same thing.

More credibility? An attention grab? Perhaps every poster must lead with his age and occupation before posting. Maybe that would bring some law and order to this place!!

My occupation is my profile name...if that doesn't command some law and order around here nothing will!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Enjoy the game, mayor and bring back a win!

threeNout

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 20, 2017, 09:48:57 pm
Mr. Mayor,

I enjoyed your story about your humble upbringing, your deep love of the hogs, and you admitting to the voting public that you get drunk on game day. Hopefully they won't call you on Saturdays to complain about a downed stop sign or one of your police officers writing someone a ticket for five mph over the speed limit. 

I was especially moved by your story about going to Henderson state and I'm sorry that you scored so low on the act on the English and writing part to be admitted to the U of A. 

You seem like a good guy and good fan, the kind we need more of. You're a good writer too.  Don't let these guys tell you any different.

Looks like you are applying for a "get out of jail free" card for any trouble you might encounter in Caddo Valley.

The OTR

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 21, 2017, 10:30:25 am
Looks like you are applying for a "get out of jail free" card for any trouble you might encounter in Caddo Valley.

Well yeah. Somehow this post praising him got him huffy with me. I have read and reread what I posted and I just don't see how anyone could take offense to what I posted. 

Everyone at some point in their lives has a brush with greatness. I blew this one obviously. My only other brush with greatness was seeing Rodney Allen Rippy in the Las Vegas airport and slapping him on the back so hard that i thought he was going to punch me or call security.

Let's face it. I'm just too backward to properly interact with celebrities.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 21, 2017, 01:08:30 am
Whoa...what?

The gator is who's mascot?? It certainly isn't Henderson's mascot. They are the Reddies. Their mascot isn't even a real thing, much less an overgrown lizard.

Fraud alert

Yes, this needs some explaining.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 21, 2017, 10:34:39 am
Well yeah. Somehow this post praising him got him huffy with me. I have read and reread what I posted and I just don't see how anyone could take offense to what I posted. 

Everyone at some point in their lives has a brush with greatness. I blew this one obviously. My only other brush with greatness was seeing Rodney Allen Rippy in the Las Vegas airport and slapping him on the back so hard that i thought he was going to punch me or call security.

Your attempt at flattery was fine, politicians eat that up like catfish hot out of the grease. Just try a little more finesse and subtlety.

Polecat

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on September 21, 2017, 05:33:38 am

What's your problem with "know it alls " 

The humor in this post has been sadly lost in the shuffle. +1
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Grag T

That sounds like a perfectly acceptable thing to do in my opinion.  Apparently he just doesn't know how to appreciate a true fan.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

311Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 09:41:11 pm
Caddo Valley is in God's Country. Nothing better than throwing an innertube and an ice chest in the Caddo below DeGray Dam and floating to the I-30 bridge.

Give it a little while Mayor. This team is like a box of chocolates right now but this week may be a Gran Marnier chocolate truffle.
it use to be fun it is all commercial now.  I probably know this guy or he knows my Dad surely lol.

Btw i didn't know "the road to Hot Springs" had a mayor.

DeltaBoy

JUST BEAT TAMU it been a LONG 5 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The OTR

We just need Joe to show up and we'll have a regular Dean's list of Hogville in here now.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 21, 2017, 01:08:30 am
Whoa...what?

The gator is who's mascot?? It certainly isn't Henderson's mascot. They are the Reddies. Their mascot isn't even a real thing, much less an overgrown lizard.

Fraud alert

His fraternity chapter's mascot.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

311Hog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 21, 2017, 01:39:58 pm

His fraternity chapter's mascot.

they use to throw great parties when i was in high school

twistitup

I'm hungry

Caddo Valley got any good food?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

311Hog

twistitup

311Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 04:04:55 pm
Did they serve beer?
haha no it was a dry county for ev er.  that changed though i have to admit i never thought i would see the day.

twistitup

Quote from: 311Hog on September 21, 2017, 04:07:40 pm
haha no it was a dry county for ev er.  that changed though i have to admit i never thought i would see the day.

So there has to be a good bar & grill somewhere in town...true? Maybe the mayor will meet me down there for a beer....sounds like a good guy. We can talk Hogs, trolls, and life in C.V.

311 you can drop by too if you want.

311Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 04:09:57 pm
So there has to be a good bar & grill somewhere in town...true?

man no not really, though i hear The Cue Pool hall is a good place to get a drink and something to eat.

but that is in Arkadelphia up the road from Caddo Valley.  If you need gas Caddo Valley is your place.

311Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 04:09:57 pm
So there has to be a good bar & grill somewhere in town...true? Maybe the mayor will meet me down there for a beer....sounds like a good guy. We can talk Hogs, trolls, and life in C.V.

311 you can drop by too if you want.

oh you live in the Delph? small world i don't get back home much, but we will be around for the holidays this year i would love to talk hogs and have a few.

twistitup

Quote from: 311Hog on September 21, 2017, 04:11:18 pm
man no not really, though i hear The Cue Pool hall is a good place to get a drink and something to eat.

but that is in Arkadelphia up the road from Caddo Valley.  If you need gas Caddo Valley is your place.

Gas and peanuts it is....c'mon C.V. you can do better than that.

Forget the speed traps Mr Mayor, open a sports bar.

311Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 04:15:27 pm

They have tried i believe there was one called The Mirage (not sure if still there), it was in the old Bowen's restaurant building.  Food not so good but you could get a drink in there.

side note shortest job i ever had was one day working as a bus boy in Bowen's god that place was awful.  I took a friends job who quit and gave it to me, i worked one day of buffet on carpet and quit =)

Sigepgator702

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 04:15:27 pm

We have plenty of places to eat and are opening up two new restaurants soon.  Los Agaves replaced the Mirage and will serve alcohol very soon.  The Flying Burger will be opening in December (no alcohol, but it has great reviews)  We also have Fat Boys BBQ and Cracker Barrel along with some fast food joints.  We have a couple of others that are in the works as well.

buldozer

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 21, 2017, 08:56:12 am
I put my age and one of my occupations on there just to grab everyone's attention.  I was just trying to be creative with the title of the thread.  I'm not tooting my own horn or wanting attention.

I have met a lot of politicians over the last half century, but I can't remember meeting one that didn't want attention. Thats what they thrive on and depend on to get elected. Just sayin

Wildhog

I will be your Chief of Staff.  We will produce a sit-com.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jwilliamson67

Petrino didn't leave it better.

If it were a car he drove the crap out of it, totaled it and left it in the ditch.

His stunts set the program back to jack Crowe days.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jwilliamson67 on September 21, 2017, 04:39:03 pm
Petrino didn't leave it better.

If it were a car he drove the crap out of it, totaled it and left it in the ditch.

His stunts set the program back to jack Crowe days.

You need to stay on topic.

Rayzback

It was very moving. I was brought to tears.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Seebs

Hello my brother. Why don't you use your clout and get my chapter re-established at HSU. 

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jkstock04

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 21, 2017, 08:56:12 am
I put my age and one of my occupations on there just to grab everyone's attention.  I was just trying to be creative with the title of the thread.  I'm not tooting my own horn or wanting attention.  I try to be a humble person and was just trying to have a little fun.  It backfired on me for the most part!  Lesson learned.
Well it got my attention so you succeeded with me. Serious question...(or maybe not) do mayors of small towns do anything other than hang out at coffee shops most of the day? Sounds like a sweet gig.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 21, 2017, 04:28:23 pm
We have plenty of places to eat and are opening up two new restaurants soon.  Los Agaves replaced the Mirage and will serve alcohol very soon.  The Flying Burger will be opening in December (no alcohol, but it has great reviews)  We also have Fat Boys BBQ and Cracker Barrel along with some fast food joints.  We have a couple of others that are in the works as well.

Sounds like you are doing a fine job....it takes small town mayors like you to make the world go 'round. I will get more than just gas and peanuts on my way through next time. Does the BBQ joint sell beer? I'm all about a good meal and a cold beer. A dinner without beer is like mowing the yard without weedeating....It's good, but not a good as it could be

Sigepgator702

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 06:50:22 pm
Sounds like you are doing a fine job....it takes small town mayors like you to make the world go 'round. I will get more than just gas and peanuts on my way through next time. Does the BBQ joint sell beer? I'm all about a good meal and a cold beer. A dinner without beer is like mowing the yard without weedeating....It's good, but not a good as it could be

Sadly they don't offer any alcoholic beverages, but their fried pies are spot on!

Sigepgator702

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2017, 06:12:29 pm
Well it got my attention so you succeeded with me. Serious question...(or maybe not) do mayors of small towns do anything other than hang out at coffee shops most of the day? Sounds like a sweet gig.

I have a full time job where I work with adults with developmental disabilities.  My part time job is being the Mayor.  We are a small town, but we are a very busy city because of I-30.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 21, 2017, 07:43:15 pm
I have a full time job where I work with adults with developmental disabilities.  My part time job is being the Mayor.  We are a small town, but we are a very busy city because of I-30.
Don't let those who think NWA fecal matter doesn't stink get to you. Putting down the other parts of our state is what they do.

HamSammich

I have shoes and belts older  Than you..:. Is it that easy to be a mayor now adays?

Can someone recommend a valley I could go and be mayor in?

PonderinHog

Quote from: HamSammich on September 21, 2017, 09:05:53 pm
I have shoes and belts older  Than you..:. Is it that easy to be a mayor now adays?

Can someone recommend a valley I could go and be mayor in?
Death Valley

Ragnar Hogbrok

Can I be your secretary of offense, your grace?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HamSammich

Quote from: The Chief on September 21, 2017, 09:09:55 pm
Can I be your secretary of offense, your grace?

We can do this. I'll be mayor of this Death Valley place and you can be my admiral of defense

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 311Hog on September 21, 2017, 04:18:20 pm
They have tried i believe there was one called The Mirage (not sure if still there), it was in the old Bowen's restaurant building.  Food not so good but you could get a drink in there.

side note shortest job i ever had was one day working as a bus boy in Bowen's god that place was awful.  I took a friends job who quit and gave it to me, i worked one day of buffet on carpet and quit =)

I was an Assistant Manager at the Bowen's in Fayetteville and ElDorado. Good company to work for and Ken Bowen was a good boss. I'm not voting for anyone that couldn't work for him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 22, 2017, 06:55:00 am
I was an Assistant Manager at the Bowen's in Fayetteville and ElDorado. Good company to work for and Ken Bowen was a good boss. I'm not voting for anyone that couldn't work for him.

C'mon now....311 is good people - he just got snookered into a bad busboy job by a buddy who wanted to quit...It's not Mr. Bowen that is the problem, it's the hardknock life of a busboy that is hard to handle.

Chit ain't easy

311Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 22, 2017, 06:55:00 am

lol i had no idea there were other Bowen's in the world.  I am honestly not sure the Fayetteville and El Dorado ones are related to the Caddo Valley one but they could be (closed along time ago).

(btw wasn't problem with the owner) the building was filthy, food was terrible, and it was insanely hard to clean up being that it had wall to wall carpet and was a buffet.  It wasn't worst job i ever had but definitely the shortest =)

Sigepgator702

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 10:23:36 am
lol i had no idea there were other Bowen's in the world.  I am honestly not sure the Fayetteville and El Dorado ones are related to the Caddo Valley one but they could be (closed along time ago).

(btw wasn't problem with the owner) the building was filthy, food was terrible, and it was insanely hard to clean up being that it had wall to wall carpet and was a buffet.  It wasn't worst job i ever had but definitely the shortest =)

I worked there in high school as a bus boy as well.  I agree with everything you said.  The vacuuming was endless!