Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The myth of Texas A&M exposed again

Started by EastexHawg, November 25, 2016, 10:34:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

They "had their QB" while LSU was without four of their best players, yet the Aggies got stomped like grapes on their hallowed Kyle Field.

What's their excuse now?

4-4 in the SEC after their ballyhooed but annual and predictable fast start...which even had some people claiming they were "the second best team in the country".

They get exposed every year when they get to the tough part of their schedule.  How long will it take for people to figure that out?

hogsfan31

And yet, we can't beat them.

Doesn't matter whether they beat us or we beat ourselves the last few years. We still lost. Not saying anything. We will finish w the same record and won't win the head to head.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HogBreath

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 25, 2016, 10:45:17 am

Agreed, they have a certain myth over us.
Refs get mad when you trip an Aggie 40 yards behind the play.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

atekido

LSU has better recruiting classes than A&M consistently.  A&M has better recruiting classes than us consistently... nothing is a mystery.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: HogBreath on November 25, 2016, 10:51:10 am
Refs get mad when you trip an Aggie 40 yards behind the play.

I've always been mystified by penalties behind the play. I mean you're watching your guy run down the field from behind. Why even touch another player?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Bacon_Bitz

We will get Sumlin fired next year if he's not already gone by then

Torqued pork

A winning streak over us the last several years isn't a whole lot to brag about for a program that was supposed to become elite from the advantage of being in the SEC. The hype from beating Bama that first year is long gone. It turns out the SEC Aggies aren't much different than the SWC and Big XII Aggies in the games that matter the most.

cityhog

Texas has a whole lot of eyeballs and ears. The $port$ media knows which $ide their bread is buttered on. TAMU will continue to get preseason hype (much like the Longwhorns - spit - if they hire someone with a pulse) and will continue to be the Aggies down the stretch. We have to figure out a way to get our mojo back against them.

rtr

Quote from: atekido on November 25, 2016, 10:53:46 am
LSU has better recruiting classes than A&M consistently.  A&M has better recruiting classes than us consistently... nothing is a mystery.
You love simple answers.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hogwild

Last 12 games against Ole Miss, Miss St., Bama, and LSU, the Aggies are 1-11.

go hogues

Their 12th man also left thousands of empty seats. Talking to any Aggie, they'll wax eloquently that all their home games are standing room only with more clamoring at the gates.

Goobers. The lot of them.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Tusks

aggie gonna aggie its just a matter of time.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: atekido on November 25, 2016, 10:53:46 am

Then why did it take LSU this year to beat us after we've beaten them twice in a row? Why did A&M schooled by Miss State with less recruiting classes? There is a mystery, and it is why can't we beat A&M. You star gazers need to try harder.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: rtr on November 25, 2016, 11:12:00 am
You love simple answers.

He is right though.  It all starts with that.

Some things are a mystery, but A&M beating us in recruiting and then using those higher rated players to beat us in the Fall is not a mystery.

Tusks

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2016, 11:34:21 am
Then why did it take LSU this year to beat us after we've beaten them twice in a row? Why did A&M schooled by Miss State with less recruiting classes? There is a mystery, and it is why can't we beat A&M. You star gazers need to try harder.

No fricken kidding.  Enough with that crap.  If that was the case then the Hogs would have a SEC winning % of .200 and have never been to a SECCG, Cotton Bowls, Sugar Bowls, Orange Bowls and on and on and on.

McKdaddy

Quote from: HenduHog on November 25, 2016, 10:55:21 am
I've always been mystified by penalties behind the play. I mean you're watching your guy run down the field from behind. Why even touch another player?

Agreed. Whether it should've been called or not, why risk it?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

IronHog

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 25, 2016, 11:38:27 am
He is right though.  It all starts with that.

Some things are a mystery, but A&M beating us in recruiting and then using those higher rated players to beat us in the Fall is not a mystery.

Arkansas whipped ATM all over the field in 14 and 15 but lost the games due to penalties and mental mistakes.  Really should have been up big at the half in '16.

Not buying the "talent" argument with ATM

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

GoHogzzGo

Agreed but could we please stop losing to them for goodness sakes.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 11:44:23 am

Arkansas whipped ATM all over the field in 14 and 15 but lost the games due to penalties and mental mistakes.  Really should have been up big at the half in '16.

Not buying the "talent" argument with ATM

Our 1st string is comparable to theirs.  It's in the 2nd and 3rd teams that aTm has the advantage.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

IronHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 25, 2016, 11:45:49 am
Our 1st string is comparable to theirs.  It's in the 2nd and 3rd teams that aTm has the advantage.

ATM has starters that are just dudes.

They aren't an elite team physically past their handful of NFL prospects.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 11:50:09 am

ATM has starters that are just dudes.

They aren't an elite team physically past their handful of NFL prospects.

Correct, they have about 3 or 4 4*/5* on both sides of the ball who are top shelf quality, after that, there's not that much difference in us.

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2016, 11:56:35 am
Correct, they have about 3 or 4 4*/5* on both sides of the ball who are top shelf quality, after that, there's not that much difference in us.

I don't know how the Hogs win a game.

IronHog

Quote from: tusked on November 25, 2016, 12:06:31 pm

When Arkansas had Darren McFadden and Jamaal Anderson there were many posters that were convinced no Hog starter would make the 3 deep at USC.

MojaveJoe

A&M losses are recruiting - wide receivers with too much speed made some big plays.

trashcan maN

TAMU has elite speed at the WR position, and we have below average speed at Safety/LB positions. Kevin has been able to draw up TDs at will against us for several years due to these mismatches.

We've fielded the better team a couple of times against Sumlin(Not this year), but his ability to score at will when he needs it most has the difference. That, and a crushing tripping call.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 25, 2016, 12:53:59 pm
TAMU has elite speed at the WR position, and we have below average speed at Safety/LB positions. Kevin has been able to draw up TDs at will against us for several years due to these mismatches.

We've fielded the better team a couple of times against Sumlin(Not this year), but his ability to score at will when he needs it most has the difference. That, and a crushing tripping call.

I'm calling bs their freaken recievers didn't beat us this year. We got beat for 2 reasons. We couldn't keep Knight in the pocket and 2 Rob Smith sucks.... and we gave up those couple of chunk plays in the passing fame without that 1 long td pass and keep knight in the pocket we would have beaten them.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 25, 2016, 10:34:22 am
They "had their QB" while LSU was without four of their best players, yet the Aggies got stomped like grapes on their hallowed Kyle Field.

What's their excuse now?

4-4 in the SEC after their ballyhooed but annual and predictable fast start...which even had some people claiming they were "the second best team in the country".

They get exposed every year when they get to the tough part of their schedule.  How long will it take for people to figure that out?
Old Big 12 habits die hard 😃

idochog

Sumlin 15-17 in SEC games the last 4 years.

Dude is a little overrated
I love Jesus!

Tejano Jawg

Our losses to A&M have been the biggest sore spots for me the last few years. Living in Texas adds to that certainly. Not so much the 2 Manziel years, because we were really down. The 2 OT losses were the worst. The way we lost in 2014 set some bad things in motion, that took the better part of the season to exorcise.

The Ags used to be no more relevant to me—in the SWC days—than Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, etc. Now I want to beat them more than any other team. I want to beat Sumlin before he splits. I still glory in watching them pull their stunt of cratering in the last part of the season. Their loss to Miss State was one of the non-Hog high points of this season. Yesterday was close.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on November 25, 2016, 12:06:31 pm

We haven't against aTm lately. And before you reply, OM and LSU have/had idiots for coaches.

IronHog

Quote from: idochog on November 25, 2016, 01:25:58 pm
Sumlin 15-17 in SEC games the last 4 years.

Dude is a little overrated

12 of the wins are against Arkansas too

Bebop

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2016, 11:34:21 am

While there is truth for certain teams having more talent than us, I find it hard to believe that teams with the same or less talent (Ole Miss and Miss St.) than us beating the Aggies with superior talent. It goes back to coaching and all that coaching entails.

rtr

Why do we bother to play since everyone has better players? ???
The more smites the more intelligent I get.