Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check out this RB...

Started by Soooie21, December 21, 2017, 04:35:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

liljo

Hum....

Jenks OK beat Broken Arrow 26-13, but lost to Springdale Har-ber 29-0 as recently as this past season...

There were SEVERAL teams in Arkansas that handled Springdale Har Ber just fine. So, saying Jenks, Tulsa Union, and Broken Arrow are better than ANY schools in Arkansas is just a biased opinion. In my biased opinion.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: liljo on December 26, 2017, 04:04:49 pm
Hum....

Jenks OK beat Broken Arrow 26-13, but lost to Springdale Har-ber 29-0 as recently as this past season...

There were SEVERAL teams in Arkansas that handled Springdale Har Ber just fine. So, saying Jenks, Tulsa Union, and Broken Arrow are better than ANY schools in Arkansas is just a biased opinion. In my biased opinion.
lol... be interesting to see how he digs out of that hole

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PigPusher

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 26, 2017, 03:12:22 pm
I'll take Jenks, Broken Arrow, and Tulsa Union and put it against anyone. Might go 0-3 but won't embarrass myself either. All three are better than any HS in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, ie, some HV geniuses' beloved "recruiting territory."
Have to by all means include Owasso now. Coach Blankenship is a very special person. Fayetteville state champs in one year. Followed by Owasso state champs in one year. Have to wonder why University of Tulsa did not work for him.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

jcul28

I'll take Jenks, Broken Arrow, and Tulsa Union and put it against anyone. Might go 0-3 but won't embarrass myself either. All three are better than any HS in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, ie, some HV geniuses' beloved "recruiting territory."

Owasso?

jcul28

Jenna struggled extremely bad early on in the season. At the end of the season they had it back together. Union and now Owasso are crazy good.

Oklahawg

Quote from: liljo on December 26, 2017, 04:04:49 pm
Hum....

Are you aware that they had 13 starters suspended for the first three games due to the fallout from the Reese Letaio scandal? Letaio sold prescription meds on school grounds. Players were suspended for knowing about it and not telling anyone, or covering for him, one or the other. A starter's parent told me this story. Explains why Owasso blew their doors off early but only by a modest amount in the playoffs.

Comparing scores is sometimes helpful, sometimes not.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: jcul28 on December 26, 2017, 09:34:55 pm
Jenna struggled extremely bad early on in the season. At the end of the season they had it back together. Union and now Owasso are crazy good.

Yup, had thought that was implied since I was touting an Owasso player.

I should include BT Washington and Bixby in the "would beat anyone in Arkansas" list. Bixby if they get the full team, not the team after the suspensions for a "team ritual" that took down the superintendent (pretty nasty stuff, so I'll leave the details to your own inquiries)>
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MissippHog

Okoye v2, the Nevadan Nightmare. 

MissippHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 26, 2017, 10:34:07 pm
Bixby if they get the full team, not the team after the suspensions for a "team ritual" that took down the superintendent (pretty nasty stuff, so I'll leave the details to your own inquiries)>
Damn, just looked it up.  Not exactly the usual case of "boys will be boys."

liljo

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 26, 2017, 10:31:57 pm
Are you aware that they had 13 starters suspended for the first three games due to the fallout from the Reese Letaio scandal? Letaio sold prescription meds on school grounds. Players were suspended for knowing about it and not telling anyone, or covering for him, one or the other. A starter's parent told me this story. Explains why Owasso blew their doors off early but only by a modest amount in the playoffs.

Comparing scores is sometimes helpful, sometimes not.

No. I wasn't aware of that at all. But then, I work 65-80 hours per week, support a family with grand kids, etc. and live quite the life outside of high school football. I honestly couldn't name the O-line starters at my hometown high school. I've only been to like three games in two years.

However, I AM aware of Google. And Springdale Har Ber beat Jenks in Game FOUR. Maybe the Jenks team just needed a little time to jell after all that talent returned, I don't know.

And yes, I completely agree that comparing scores is not always a good indication of anything in football. I was just funnin' around from the outset.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

IronHog

Just like 7a west

Good team =/= recruits
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Oklahawg

Quote from: MissippHog on December 27, 2017, 12:18:57 am
Damn, just looked it up.  Not exactly the usual case of "boys will be boys."

No kidding. Pretty brutal stuff. And Bixby made it to the finals with half their starting OL suspended (something like ten total players).

Oklahawg

Quote from: IronHog on December 27, 2017, 08:16:36 am
Just like 7a west

Good team =/= recruits

True. Some teams are very fine without many recruits. Tulsa Union had three players sign early, two with OU and one with OSU. All-world kicker, too, but we all know that they often don't get scholarships right out of the chute. There are years Union and Jenks have double-digit D1 or D2 signees.

Oklahawg

Quote from: liljo on December 27, 2017, 08:04:30 am
No. I wasn't aware of that at all. But then, I work 65-80 hours per week, support a family with grand kids, etc. and live quite the life outside of high school football. I honestly couldn't name the O-line starters at my hometown high school. I've only been to like three games in two years.

However, I AM aware of Google. And Springdale Har Ber beat Jenks in Game FOUR. Maybe the Jenks team just needed a little time to jell after all that talent returned, I don't know.

And yes, I completely agree that comparing scores is not always a good indication of anything in football. I was just funnin' around from the outset.

It is just fun, and I didn't need to come off combative.

But it is also about reality - the level of competition, day to day, in practice can be as critical as the quality of opponents you see on Friday nights. If you are beating teams by 50 you may only get a half of football before the scrubs come in. That makes getting meaningful work in practice that much more critical.

It is why I am always cautious about smaller-school recruits. It is why so many covet heavy recruitment of TX.

liljo

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 27, 2017, 02:44:10 pm
It is just fun, and I didn't need to come off combative.

But it is also about reality - the level of competition, day to day, in practice can be as critical as the quality of opponents you see on Friday nights. If you are beating teams by 50 you may only get a half of football before the scrubs come in. That makes getting meaningful work in practice that much more critical.

It is why I am always cautious about smaller-school recruits. It is why so many covet heavy recruitment of TX.
It's all good fun! I'm fair to certain you know a lot more about all this than me.

To the original post about this running back: it's hard for me to judge speed on video other than if a kid is consistently pulling away from those chasing him. Like Fitz Hill says, "you either have speed or you are chasing it." But one thing is obvious about this kid. He has GREAT balance.

Oklahawg

Quote from: liljo on December 27, 2017, 03:27:50 pm
It's all good fun! I'm fair to certain you know a lot more about all this than me.

To the original post about this running back: it's hard for me to judge speed on video other than if a kid is consistently pulling away from those chasing him. Like Fitz Hill says, "you either have speed or you are chasing it." But one thing is obvious about this kid. He has GREAT balance.

And we will covet speed over brawn at this point.

jackflash

I am fine on taking a RB with speed. other than that I think we need defensive players to be better

PigPusher

Quote from: jcul28 on December 26, 2017, 09:32:30 pm
Owasso?
Yes little old Owasso the also ran team. Coach Blankenship in one season took a bunch of, want-a-bees but not knowing how, players to the 6a state championship this year and won the darn thing beating Union twice. Wonderful thing.

First time in 18 years or so that either Jenks or Union were not the champions. Leads one to begin to believe that a good coach in any program is very very important. Looks like we might be in that situation right now.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

bennyl08

Quote from: nsmith on December 22, 2017, 01:31:31 pm
rural, eastern oklahoma kid...

a buddy of mine called his games in the playoffs and said he really was a beast, but didnt have the measurables to get looked at seriously for RB by most Big 12 or SEC teams...   when i watched his videos all i could think about was kiero small at arkansas breaking facemasks when he hit people...   i hope he does this at Nevada; would be a gem the bigger schools let slip away.   

I really feel like teams put too much emphasis on measurables and not enough on heart nowadays.   

as the old saying goes, "its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog that wins!"

Yeah, because those other kids in the SEC don't have any heart of fire in their bellies.

Heart and determination are great if you are the only who has them. When everybody else is passionate and has fire in their bellies, the only thing left to separate is talent.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogindasticks

This kid gonna be hard to get down....short steps.....man..talk about a short yardage back.....That's what we needed on 1st down with coach B!....lol