Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Think we have troubles?

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 03, 2017, 03:08:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

It is interesting that things at Ole Miss continue to get worse. You may have read over in the SEC forum that two of their defensive players (DB & LB) that they were counting on for this fall, were arrested for shoplifting in the last day or two. That "us against them" motivation that they are using down there must translate to the merchants in the area as well. It's just unbelievable how things are just falling apart down there.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-two-ole-miss-players-arrested-shoplifting/

And then, LSU RT/RG Maea Teuhema, was given his release apparently because of academic issues. He played in 12 games and started 10 last year mostly at RT and started 11 games the previous season at LG. He was expected to start at RG. He's looking for a place to transfer. He will likely be replaced by R/Fr Lloyd Cushenberry.

I can't confirm immediately but according to some LSU fans he makes the 5th O-Lineman to transfer since the end of last season and leaves them with only 11 scholarship O-Linemen.

https://articles.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/08/offensive_lineman_maea_teuhema.amp

At least we aren't the only ones having issues.
Go Hogs Go!

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Steef

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 03:08:58 pm
It is interesting that things at Ole Miss continue to get worse. You may have read over in the SEC forum that two of their defensive players (DB & LB) that they were counting on for this fall, were arrested for shoplifting in the last day or two. That "us against them" motivation that they are using down there must translate to the merchants in the area as well. It's just unbelievable how things are just falling apart down there.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-two-ole-miss-players-arrested-shoplifting/

And then, LSU RT/RG Maea Teuhema, was given his release apparently because of academic issues. He played in 12 games and started 10 last year mostly at RT and started 11 games the previous season at LG. He was expected to start at RG. He's looking for a place to transfer. He will likely be replaced by R/Fr Lloyd Cushenberry.

I can't confirm immediately but according to some LSU fans he makes the 5th O-Lineman to transfer since the end of last season and leaves them with only 11 scholarship O-Linemen.

https://articles.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/08/offensive_lineman_maea_teuhema.amp

Those two players have been suspended indefinitely.

Or until the season starts, whichever comes first.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Poker_hog

This will be ole miss's john el smith year. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Porked Tongue

It's like Amazon for the Dallas Cowboys.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Steef on August 03, 2017, 03:25:22 pm

Ehhh, the melt down continues at Ole Miss.

What I was surprised about was LSU losing 5 O-Linemen to transfer since last season. Imagine the melt down on Hogville if all we had was 11 scholarship O-Linemen on the roster?
Go Hogs Go!

longpig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 03:38:02 pm

What I was surprised about was LSU losing 5 O-Linemen to transfer since last season. Imagine the melt down on Hogville if all we had was 11 scholarship O-Linemen on the roster?

That's about the number of QBs they've been keeping on the roster. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Steef

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 03:38:02 pm

True.

But LSU can just run down to the nearest maximum security prison and get more linemen. We can't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Steef on August 03, 2017, 03:42:25 pm
True.

But LSU can just run down to the nearest maximum security prison and get more linemen. We can't.

:)
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Heck, knowing at least some of the mess that has been going on at OM perhaps some of these players are looking for ANY excuse to get suspended/kicked off the team. Wouldn't necessarily doubt it.

Tusks

August 03, 2017, 03:59:09 pm #11 Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:52:04 pm by tusked
With LSU's troubles Im starting to see 11-1 for the Hogs.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

FraggleHog

The inmates are beginning to run the prison down there...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

GolfnHog

;)
Quote from: FraggleHog on August 03, 2017, 04:06:03 pm
The inmates are beginning to run the prison down there...

The word "beginning" had no purpose in that sentence
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

FraggleHog

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 03, 2017, 04:10:06 pm
;)
The word "beginning" had no purpose in that sentence

The inmates are beginning to running the prison down there...

FIFY ;)
Calling the Hogs from DFW

MuskogeeHogFan

August 03, 2017, 04:41:10 pm #15 Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:02:21 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: tusked on August 03, 2017, 03:59:09 pm
With LSU's troubles I starting to see 11-1 for the Hogs.

I'm not sure what the Media sees in them for this year. Sure, LSU has had great recruiting classes but...

they lose about 75% of their career starts out of the Secondary, 82% from the D-Line and 69% of their career starts at LB and that is assuming that Arden Key eventually returns.

Now they have problems with depth at the very least on their O-Line where they lose 69% of their career starts (returning just 2 OL starters and neither at Center).

They lose 79% of their career starts at WR along with 58% of their receiving yard and 50% of their receiving TD's.

We know how they have had problems at QB in the past so the lone bright spot for them is that they return all but one of their RB's from last year and 68% of their RB rushing yards.

But that's just about where the bright spot ends.

Of course they will have 9 games to get ready for us and gain experience but the bad news for them is that they could be beat up by the time they get to us with Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, and an Open Date in October and then Alabama the week before we meet.

They could easily have 3-4 losses before they get to us.
Go Hogs Go!

sowmonella

I think Ole Miss is just trying to reduce their payroll.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sowmonella on August 03, 2017, 04:48:49 pm
I think Ole Miss is just trying to reduce their payroll.

Ha, Ha! Could be.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 03, 2017, 03:35:17 pm
This will be ole miss's john el smith year.

Historically those are good seasons for Ole Piss

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: King Kong on August 03, 2017, 05:29:32 pm
Historically those are good seasons for Ole Piss

They are falling apart. Wait until the lose their first two games and start pointing fingers at each other. They may reach a level of "nuclear fission".
Go Hogs Go!

daBoar

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 04:41:10 pm
We know how they have had problems at QB in the past so the lone bright spot for them is that they return all but one of their RB's from last year and 68% of their RB rushing yards.

Yes, Guice is still running.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: daBoar on August 03, 2017, 06:01:13 pm
Yes, Guice is still running.

Let's see how far he can run with a depleted O-Line blocking for him.
Go Hogs Go!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 06:04:37 pm
Let's see how far he can run with a depleted O-Line blocking for him.

If that's the case, it will look a lot like our running game last year

Vantage 8 dude

Well at least up to this point our only real issues have been some injuries. Not that these are wanted or needed, however, at least they aren't problems with kids doing something stupid or getting in trouble with the law. If we begin to have kids on the blotter then I think we have far deeper troubles.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 03, 2017, 06:14:48 pm
If that's the case, it will look a lot like our running game last year
It's sad that we have this crap on a Razorback message board.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

HamSammich

The inmates are beginning to running the prison s##t-hole down there...

Fify cent

havok

I would say Ole Miss appears to be one Big Ole Dumpster Fire... but I am Betting Ole Miss Fans think a Dumpster Fire would look pretty good compared to what it really is...

hoggusamoungus

'Bama has an issue but I guess if you are just in control of the car and not driving, the DUI doesn't count.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20239993/alabama-crimson-tide-dl-dashawn-hand-suspended-dui-arrest

Best we just think about our team and let the rest of the SEC worry about their teams.  Unfortunately the easiest way for us to get better fast is for the competition to get worse. 

I would guess that if LSU has only 11 O-linemen on scholly, we are about to see if they have any coaches that can coach.

I just want us well coached, trained up and ready to go.  That will put us in decent position.

Yamahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 05:52:58 pm
They are falling apart. Wait until the lose their first two games and start pointing fingers at each other. They may reach a level of "nuclear fission".

Interesting observation. What happens when "critical mass" is reached?

Hollywood_HOGan45

I'm not sure what the Media sees in them for this year. Sure, LSU has had great recruiting classes but...

they lose about 75% of their career starts out of the Secondary, 82% from the D-Line and 69% of their career starts at LB and that is assuming that Arden Key eventually returns.

Now they have problems with depth at the very least on their O-Line where they lose 69% of their career starts (returning just 2 OL starters and neither at Center).

They lose 79% of their career starts at WR along with 58% of their receiving yard and 50% of their receiving TD's.

Of course they will have 9 games to get ready for us and gain experience but the bad news for them is that they could be beat up by the time they get to us with Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, and an Open Date in October and then Alabama the week before we meet.

LSU will always get hype no matter what. They have a coach that doesn't know which way is up.

I'm not buying LSU hype this year. Auburn and Bama will have their way with them. I'm not sure why you would hire a head coach that couldn't win a conference game at his previous stop in the SEC.

Sivad

Quote from: havok on August 03, 2017, 06:41:19 pm
I would say Ole Miss appears to be one Big Ole Dumpster Fire.
It do.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Yamahog on August 03, 2017, 07:23:05 pm

As I am sure you know, you have to reach the level of "fission" before it can become a situation involving self sustainability, which then proceeds to "critical mass". If we have "fission" as Ole Miss, we probably also attain, "critical mass". They are well on their way. Put on your goggles and observe.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoginsavga

Maybe I can be considered a little strange but I don't get a lot of enjoyment seeing our opponents experiencing these issues with players. I simply don't like the demise of character that is going on with college athletes and has been going on for years. The assaults, rapes, robberies, theft, etc. has absolutely no place in college sports or for that matter in society in general.

I want to see the Hogs win or lose against clean programs. I want to see coaches held accountable for the misdeeds of their actions and the actions of the players. I don't have the answer for today's behavior but, at the same time, I get no satisfaction from seeing college sports rife with thugs on other teams. The saddest part is some coaches will tolerate thugs and criminals just to get an extra win or two.

I know it's virtually impossible to control a hundred or so college athletes but my hats off to CBB for his approach to this issue.   

HogFoo

i had a buddy i was speaking with.  And we were just doing our preseason talk on what our predictions for season.  which when we got to the Ole Piss game... he was kind of thinking that it might make them harder to beat.. kind of like a wounded bear or something...  and im like.. well, maybe, if they hadnt any other incidents.. it might be harder to beat them.. but more and more keeps piling on for them and i suspect it will truly be a mess by the time we play them. 

As for LSU.  man, they can just walk outside and spit and probably hit three 4* players .  after Lsu fires Ogeron, and they will.  he wont last more than 2 or 3 years.  he'll probably do the same as he did at ole miss.  even with better talent.  sorry, but he's just not a great head coach.  I worry, that they'll get someone like Chip Kelly or Petrino.   i just cant imagine how hard it would be to beat a team that just had talent oooozing out the arse like Lsu, or texas, or florida, or usc, etc..etc..  everyone knows he hated recruiting. so for him to be at a school where he wouldnt have to recruit.  man, he would pretty much be unbeatable.  Thank goodness we dont have to worry about it. 

but yeah,  i predict lsu a win... as well as ole miss..  in fact, i am going to tell you guys my prediction.  We WILL win 10games this year.   mark it down... it bothers me that we lost TJ and Bell already, i was really really counting on TJ to be a great player this year..  but, i am gonna predict that we get 10wins plus a bowl win. for an 11win season.    i am gonna take a leap of faith on Anderson that he gets it done with our OL.  If he does, i believe our move to 3-4 will totally change things for us.  Our defense will be the best we've had since ''the triangle' with philon, flowers, spaight.   

As long as we dont have any other major injuries, i really believe that we'll have a pretty good season. And we will be undefeated come the bama game.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

blu

Quote from: Hoginsavga on August 03, 2017, 07:36:30 pm
Maybe I can be considered a little strange but I don't get a lot of enjoyment seeing our opponents experiencing these issues with players. I simply don't like the demise of character that is going on with college athletes and has been going on for years. The assaults, rapes, robberies, theft, etc. has absolutely no place in college sports or for that matter in society in general.

I want to see the Hogs win or lose against clean programs. I want to see coaches held accountable for the misdeeds of their actions and the actions of the players. I don't have the answer for today's behavior but, at the same time, I get no satisfaction from seeing college sports rife with thugs on other teams. The saddest part is some coaches will tolerate thugs and criminals just to get an extra win or two.

I know it's virtually impossible to control a hundred or so college athletes but my hats off to CBB for his approach to this issue.   

You may not remember Lou Holtz's first season and his "do the right thing" rule - and he did. We've had plenty of issues in our history. I believe we had a student athlete suspended from our bowl game last season. It has heppened and it will continue to happen. We just expect our coaches to take the right actions when issues arise.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Yamahog on August 03, 2017, 07:23:05 pm

Starkville really will look like Vegas when they tap into that reactor.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Steef on August 03, 2017, 03:42:25 pm
True.

So you're saying we're at a disadvantage in our prisons too?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: Steef on August 03, 2017, 03:25:22 pm

Well played sir...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: East Clintwood on August 04, 2017, 12:11:17 pm

As a state Arkansas has one of the highest incarceration rates per capita..................................not sure if that's an advantage or disadvantage though!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Michael_E_Davis

I didn't know we were having issues -  except for some injuries.  What issues are you talking about?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 04, 2017, 12:56:58 pm
I didn't know we were having issues -  except for some injuries.  What issues are you talking about?

That is what I was speaking of with regard to the Hogs, but as you know, I was primarily focusing on two other teams.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 04, 2017, 01:37:58 pm
?  They have team rules...?

The list would fit on the head of a pin and still have a lot of empty space.  You need a microscope to read it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Steef

Quote from: East Clintwood on August 04, 2017, 12:11:17 pm

Well....yeah. Duh.

When it comes to felonies like assault (kicking unconscious guys in the head in the parking lot of a bar...comes to mind) Louisiana has a much more generous, revolving door policy of wrist slapping athletes right before a game.

Arkansas otoh...keeps displaying an archaic stubborness to....well....punish people. Not JUST felons. Shoot....missing practice can get you benched.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Steef on August 04, 2017, 04:35:02 pm
Well....yeah. Duh.

When it comes to felonies like assault (kicking unconscious guys in the head in the parking lot of a bar...comes to mind) Louisiana has a much more generous, revolving door policy of wrist slapping athletes right before a game.

Arkansas otoh...keeps displaying an archaic stubborness to....well....punish people. Not JUST felons. Shoot....missing practice can get you benched.

In other news regarding disciplinary action of those who have been arrested:

The question was thrown the way of Saban and he noted that Hand will not serve a suspension, as long as he meets the conditions that are handed down to him.

"If he does everything he's supposed to do he will not be suspended" - Nick Saban on Da'Shawn Hand

That is sure to ease the minds of everyone who believes that Nick Saban is not harsh enough when it comes to disciplining his players. Yes, that's sarcasm. But the truth of the matter is, it was very unlikely Hand was going to serve a suspension once it was learned that he was in fact not driving the car, but sleeping at the wheel of it when it was off and parked.

Saban did say that he will be punished severely, circling back to the aforementioned conditions that he will have to meet. But as far as missing time on the field, that won't be the case this time around.

https://fansided.com/2017/08/03/nick-saban-da-shawn-hand-no-suspension-dui/
Go Hogs Go!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 03, 2017, 06:59:14 pm
'Bama has an issue but I guess if you are just in control of the car and not driving, the DUI doesn't count.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20239993/alabama-crimson-tide-dl-dashawn-hand-suspended-dui-arrest
Ya'll didn't REALLY think this was going to count did you?

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 04, 2017, 05:07:16 pm
Yes

How about these guys?

Go Hogs Go!