Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unofficial national championship thread

Started by elksnort, January 08, 2018, 06:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Who is going to win and why?

Unless you are an Alabama fan how could you not root for Georgia?
Go Dawgs!

Fromm is going to have to play well.

elksnort

The New England patriots and the Alabama crimson tide are making it uninteresting

Tejano Jawg

All I know is Herbie just narrated a "set the edge" graphic on the pre-game show.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

elksnort

HeyHogs

Alabama all the way!  I am not ready for the West dominance to end.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 08, 2018, 07:04:53 pm
All I know is Herbie just narrated a "set the edge" graphic on the pre-game show.

Bielema needed to be there to see how that's done.

RME

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 08, 2018, 07:07:15 pm

I am. Then maybe we can rise up and claim a spot.

Go Arkansas Razorbacks. Not go SEC West.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 08, 2018, 07:08:17 pm
Bielema needed to be there to see how that's done.

He's probably rewinding his DVR over and over right now...
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 08, 2018, 07:07:15 pm
Lol not ready for our main rivals to stop stacking up championships? Ok

HeyHogs

RaisinHog

Screw bama ( they probably name there score)

elksnort

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Atlhogfan1

B1G refs. Normally I would be RTR but I don't mind if Uga wins.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Boarcephus

Think I'll watch it on the SEC network.  For what it's worth, guess prayers work a little better if you say them in front of 80,000  fans instead of the privacy of the locker room. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

elksnort

I know good and well I will be watching at least in part on the ESPN news where the coaches are talking about it

Atlhogfan1

Chaney trying to stretch them out. Smart start.

elksnort

Atlhogfan1

Tejano Jawg

Well Dawgs, you can't be pullin' that crap.

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 08, 2018, 07:23:17 pm
Got to make better throws to beat Bama.
the receivers got to hang on to the ball it wasn't the best pass but it was good enough

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: elksnort on January 08, 2018, 07:24:18 pm
the receivers got to hang on to the ball it wasn't the best pass but it was good enough

Agreed. They have to play strong. Bama leaves little margin for error.

Pudgepork

Surest bet of the night is all the coaches around bret offered him some gas-x

Atlhogfan1

elksnort

When Georgia gets the ball back I am thinking that Jake Fromm is going to have to run the ball just like Hurts is.

elksnort

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 08, 2018, 07:27:35 pm
Gotta make Hurts throw

This. But Hurts missed a wide open WR (maybe Ridley?) on the play where he ran for the 1st down.

Atlhogfan1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 08, 2018, 07:30:14 pm
This. But Hurts missed a wide open WR (maybe Ridley?) on the play where he ran for the 1st down.

He has horrible field vision

elksnort

Tejano Jawg

Man, Georgia dodged a bullet there, after that very catchable ball that was picked by Bama.

Atlhogfan1

At least Uga is taking shots. You have to try.

elksnort

I really think that Fromm is going to have run some

threeNout

So is the thread unofficial?  or is the game?

UCF already won the NC.  :)

maybe this is the official runner's up game.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 08, 2018, 07:35:13 pm
Man, Georgia dodged a bullet there, after that very catchable ball that was picked by Bama.

No kidding. I thought that was going to give Alabama some BIG early momentum. But UG survived it, and they may have the mo' now.

elksnort

Mike Gundy's mullet is a thing of beauty.

We get to see Chaney manage the offense for Georgia.  Because it takes 3 years to install his offense, poor ole Georgia is operating with only two thirds of their firepower.

Atlhogfan1

How did UGa not see that blitzer? 

Michel is amazing. 

jcbville

elksnort

Got to give Chaney credit he seems to be calling a pretty good game that's far

apcapri

Switched to SECN. Couldn't handle another minute of Herbstreit.

elksnort

Quote from: apcapri on January 08, 2018, 07:58:00 pm
ESPN news is also good.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: elksnort on January 08, 2018, 07:55:04 pm
Got to give Chaney credit he seems to be calling a pretty good game that's far

Remarkable what happens to an OC when they have playmakers.  This is an out Bama Bama test. 

k.c.hawg

So they made the players miss the National Anthem to protect Trump from possible butt hurt. Think that's crap since the teams were on the field last year. Most likely an executive order.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

elksnort

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 08, 2018, 08:01:42 pm
So they made the players miss the National Anthem to protect Trump from possible butt hurt. Think that's crap since the teams were on the field last year. Most likely an executive order.
I'm pretty sure college football teams are never on the field for the national anthem.

RME

Quote from: elksnort on January 08, 2018, 08:06:46 pm
I'm pretty sure college football teams are never on the field for the national anthem.

I'm 99% sure ours aren't, at least. Think the running through the A comes after the anthem, but I could be wrong. For some reason my pregame timeline is fuzzy.

Pigsknuckles

[/quote
Yeah...anything to go negative on the President.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Boarcephus

Quote from: apcapri on January 08, 2018, 07:58:00 pm

I just switched off the SECN.  I don't like the 5 way split screen.  I like Booger and McElroy but don't think its necessary to show both coaches all gamed long
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.