Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the Pete Carroll talk coming from?

Started by scootman, November 24, 2012, 06:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scootman

A friend who is a rodeo promoter and is somehow involved with UA through that says a "Department Head" told him Pete was on campus last week. Now, I'm 100% convinced he's telling me the truth, but I'm also 100% convinced that there is 0% chance that he is going to work here. So where is this coming from? If he was on campus...why?
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

Tim Harris

moses_007

He was looking for a special teams coach and thought he'd take a look at John L. Smith.

Hog are ya

scootman

Quote from: Hog are ya on November 24, 2012, 07:02:16 pm
Oh man, now rodeo clowns are the source?
Funny you should say that, but that's exactly how he got started. He then worked as an announcer for rodeos and a stint with the Harlem Globetrotters. Now he still does announcing but does promoting, mostly. Anyway, probably just the person telling him this being full of it but not the first time I've heard this.

HAM ELLIOT

100% 100% 0%....  All those percentages really messes me up.

farmhawg

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on November 24, 2012, 08:55:10 pm
100% 100% 0%....  All those percentages really messes me up.
That is a 50% probability.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Capitalist Pig

seXual cHOGlate is my bitch.

devildoghawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

tophawg19

it started whe PC's AGENT contacted the U OF A . don't know if it was to gauge interest , or for some other reason but the word leaked out . it should be easy to check PC'S general location . i don't know where the seahawks played but for all we know he may have family in the area or something of that nature
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HawginTexas

November 24, 2012, 11:02:22 pm #10 Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:21:42 pm by HawginTexas
Quote from: tophawg19 on November 24, 2012, 09:11:41 pm
it started whe PC's AGENT contacted the U OF A . don't know if it was to gauge interest , or for some other reason but the word leaked out . it should be easy to check PC'S general location . i don't know where the seahawks played but for all we know he may have family in the area or something of that nature
[/quot

Seattle had a bye week, so theoretically he had time to do just that. It also would be about the time that word got put that JL got his man....I doubt that he was in Fayettville however. He was ther over the summer and if he was really in talks last week with Arkansas I believe he and JL would meet somewhere other than Arkansas or Seattle

kingofdequeen

i frappin love the rodeo promoter angle.  top notch.

StreetThief99

Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

VenturaHog

Hogvillage Idiot

Gruden, Cowher, and now Pete Carroll have all been seen in or around the ville this past week.  I'm now convinced that our next coach must be a real saviour.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

rzrbackramsfan

I haven't read anything that would make me think he's coming

whosiskid

Quote from: scootman on November 24, 2012, 06:58:12 pm
A friend who is a rodeo promoter and is somehow involved with UA through that says a "Department Head" told him Pete was on campus last week. Now, I'm 100% convinced he's telling me the truth, but I'm also 100% convinced that there is 0% chance that he is going to work here. So where is this coming from? If he was on campus...why?

On the one hand there is absolutely no chance either that Pete Carroll was on campus or that he will come to Fayetteville to coach, but on the other hand, I really like your avatar. Nice image.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

HOGSWEAT

I really think that Joe is responsible for most of these rumors

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog are ya on November 24, 2012, 07:02:16 pm
Oh man, now rodeo clowns are the source?

They can recognize a lot of BULL when they see it................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cresthog

cosmodrum

Are you guys sure Pete Carroll isnt the source for the rodeo clown coach?
Go away, batin'

scootman

Quote from: whosiskid on November 25, 2012, 01:24:50 am
On the one hand there is absolutely no chance either that Pete Carroll was on campus or that he will come to Fayetteville to coach, but on the other hand, I really like your avatar. Nice image.
Thanks, a friend painted that for me in exchange for DJing a birthday party.