Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mitchell Smith

Started by -Blu, August 14, 2015, 09:40:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hei5manhog

Who did malik play with before wings elite? Is anyone expecting anything from real deal this year? I saw cam McGriff last year on Sunday before I really had any idea he was a hog target. He was the best player in that particular gym. 
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

-Blu

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 08, 2016, 10:08:19 pm
I knew better than to discuss it with you. 

My error was hearing it directly and thinking you'd honor that within the discussion.

Continue your informed view from 10k feet.

I will.  I'll trust my own eyes and use common sense over your inner circle. I'll leave the conspiracy theories to you.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 08, 2016, 10:17:07 pm

I tend to think the issue is with the fact we have a team with guys like Kouassi, Watkins, Miles and a freshman doobie who never sniffed time. Why not take a chance on a smith or reeves instead of never giving them a serious look and then being stuck with the above mentioned.
I agree with this.

I appreciate shooting high for the great ones, but the Plan B is almost non-existent.  When that moment comes, it's more "grab a warm body".  If they had a bit more tact, they could engage more players that were just a bit off the front line.

Also, there is no doubt Mike likes a certain type of player.  That is their measurables and athleticism.  He's not prone to recruiting players with strong X's & O's knowledge because he doesn't use that in his style.  That shortens his opportunities.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 10:21:13 pm
I will.  I'll trust my own eyes and use common sense over your inner circle. I'll leave the conspiracy theories to you.
You say conspiracy as a blanket to dismiss a different viewpoint.  You're better than that.

That's the issue with sharing info on boards.  You get called names and people want to think you do it feel important and when they disagree strongly they come off the top rope with theories as to motivation.

You obviously don't want anything but people who agree with your theories.  That's fine.  We have both sides here. :)  I'm comfortable in my info and past posting of info.

Enjoy your evening.

-Blu

I tend to think the issue is with the fact we have a team with guys like Kouassi, Watkins, Miles and a freshman doobie who never sniffed time. Why not take a chance on a smith or reeves instead of never giving them a serious look and then being stuck with the above mentioned.

Kouassi and Doobie were guys brought on in the last minute as a result of suspensions.  Watkins came on as a walk-on.  And Miles was a former 4-star who was a starter at WV. 

Again, you have to look at timing, it's all about timing.  CJ Jones, had he signed in the fall he wouldn't have had a chance to be Hog, waiting until the Spring after having a good season worked out for him.  If Payton Willis would have waited to the Spring, and if he wanted to be a Hog then it's probably a good chance he would have been one.  But, you can't knock the staff for putting all their efforts in the Fall into higher ranked guys like Macon, Barford, Monk, and Fisher.  These are priority guys.  You don't take lesser players ahead of them and risk the chance of running them off.

And as far as Reeves, why are you guys still talking about him?  HE DOES NOT HAVE A QUALIFYING ACT SCORE.  I believe both Dudley and RD reported on that.  I know there was talks on another board, that he would probably be going the prep school route.  So, why you guys continue to worry about him is really amazing to me.  If you are going to talk about Reeves talk about Kapita too, because both are not qualified and both aren't coming here.

-Blu

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 08, 2016, 10:33:27 pm
You say conspiracy as a blanket to dismiss a different viewpoint.  You're better than that.

That's the issue with sharing info on boards.  You get called names and people want to think you do it feel important and when they disagree strongly they come off the top rope with theories as to motivation.

You obviously don't want anything but people who agree with your theories.  That's fine.  We have both sides here. :)  I'm comfortable in my info and past posting of info.

Enjoy your evening.

Porked, look at this from my point of view.  You're telling me to just blindly believe what you're saying. When  I watched the games, I looked at the offer lists, and I looked at the stats. I've talked to other people about it. I'm on a pay board, believe it or not your not the only "insider" there's been conversations there about these same topics.  And guys that claim to be in the know have said what happened.  And I've never heard a one of them say Crawford and the Monks were teaming up to hold Smith and Willis back.  And even if someone did say that what makes it true?  Sounds like something a parent would say when their kid didn't do well.

And why would they just choose Smith and Willis?  Jalen Johnson put up better stats than they did as well.  Why single those 2 out?  I don't see how that would help them out in any way.  If anything the more offers those guys get the better their organization looks.  You can say they favored getting Monk and Curry the ball, but there will be favorites on their college team as well.  Every coach is going to favor getting the better players the ball, as they should.  There's too many holes in that story for me to believe it.

LA Football fan

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 10:36:38 pm
Kouassi and Doobie were guys brought on in the last minute as a result of suspensions.  Watkins came on as a walk-on.  And Miles was a former 4-star who was a starter at WV. 

Again, you have to look at timing, it's all about timing.  CJ Jones, had he signed in the fall he wouldn't have had a chance to be Hog, waiting until the Spring after having a good season worked out for him.  If Payton Willis would have waited to the Spring, and if he wanted to be a Hog then it's probably a good chance he would have been one.  But, you can't knock the staff for putting all their efforts in the Fall into higher ranked guys like Macon, Barford, Monk, and Fisher.  These are priority guys.  You don't take lesser players ahead of them and risk the chance of running them off.

And as far as Reeves, why are you guys still talking about him?  HE DOES NOT HAVE A QUALIFYING ACT SCORE.  I believe both Dudley and RD reported on that.  I know there was talks on another board, that he would probably be going the prep school route.  So, why you guys continue to worry about him is really amazing to me.  If you are going to talk about Reeves talk about Kapita too, because both are not qualified and both aren't coming here.

Check fearlessfriday.   There is a poster there posting that Reaves has the grades and the ACT score.   Might want to step back from the ledge when he signs this spring and is eligible to play next fall at Wichita State.

Porked Tongue

I do not have a kid in the picture. I used those two players because they were the two most affected by Monk being on their team compared to the prior summer.  Dixon left Bentonville because of Monk.   Crawford brokered Monk to Bentonville. 

You like to hyperbole and I'm unsure why.  But I'm not saying it was a conspiracy to "team up".  I'm saying the intrusion of Monk on a team that had already won Peach Jam and excelled in the EYBL(?) league the prior year came at the expense of the better players.  It stands to reason his being on the court was playing time that came from others.  Every player but Curry was negatively impacted by Monk.  It's just the way it is.

That being said, I stand by the fact ARK's recruiting of some instate players was suspect in it's approach.  Their high school coaches, their parents and they themselves would tell you so if you knew them. 

It's not random thoughts.  It's reality.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 08, 2016, 09:59:02 am
Yet, 80% of teams have them. I guess Bill Self can't manage a roster since he took Hunter Mickelson.

You just want to criticize MA. And your agenda is showing at this isn't a weakness for MA. You want to criticize MA stick to the things he actually stuggles with like Defense and Rebounding.
I bet if you could get a honest opinion from Self he would say Michelson was a mistake.  I know Kansas fans would say so.

HoopS

we aren't stuck with Keaton and Kouassi. Yea we have Doobie and Watkins. But if we think these guys are in a similar mode as those two and they are currently role players, why would we try to sign more role players rather than keep pursuing bigger targets? I do not favor us using another scholarship unless it is for someone who absolutely fits what the staff feels they need. I can live with their decisions. If they end up as incompetent as some feel, they'll pay for it with their jobs. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 08, 2016, 11:26:25 pm
I bet if you could get a honest opinion from Self he would say Michelson was a mistake.  I know Kansas fans would say so.

Fans don't understand how to run a program. Coaches understand the value of role and bench players.

Fact is majority of P5 conference team have a transfer player and the majority aren't impact players.

Maybe you aren't aware. Transfer are very common in CBB

http://espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 09:09:40 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565362.0

"I would love to add Dusty as a zone buster type guard, but I think he would be best served going to a mid-major school that puts an emphasis on shooting and guards of his skill set. Maybe like a Belmont, Gonzaga, or Butler."

Know whats funny? Those 2 of those 3 are better programs than us over the last 15 years. Heck Belmont might be as well, I'm not sure.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: LA Football fan on March 08, 2016, 11:03:05 pm
Check fearlessfriday.   There is a poster there posting that Reaves has the grades and the ACT score.   Might want to step back from the ledge when he signs this spring and is eligible to play next fall at Wichita State.

But would Reaves fit?
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2016, 08:44:07 am
But would Reaves fit?
that is a good question for the staff.

Let me ask this.

If they thought he would and they thought he had high end impact potential, why wouldn't they want him?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 08:27:09 am
Know whats funny? Those 2 of those 3 are better programs than us over the last 15 years. Heck Belmont might be as well, I'm not sure.

Yeah, it's certainly not the "he's just a mid-major player" insult Blu claimed it to be.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

None of the guys you listed were early targets, though. Apples to oranges. Those players were all guys that were brought in when everything else fell through, so it's not as if the staff prefers them over Mitchell Smith. That's a silly assertion.

The_Iceman

And Miles was a former 4-star who was a starter at WV. 

For the record, Miles was not a 4-star. Like Trey Thompson, he may have been ranked there at one time, but by the time he graduated, he was a consensus 3-star. I don't know if its the injury or what, but Miles has never displayed the pure athleticism he displayed in high school, or even West Virginia. We've seen glimpses here and there, but not consistently.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/82651
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/98217/keaton-miles
http://247sports.com/Player/Keaton-Miles-7543?PlayerInstitution=15397

Biggus Piggus

They didn't pass on Smith to have Kouassi and Miles. Another way to say it - if they took a chance on Kouassi and Miles, why wouldn't Smith be good enough. Well, a freshman is for four-five years. Kouassi and Miles were for 1-2 years.
[CENSORED]!

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2016, 09:31:49 am
For the record, Miles was not a 4-star. Like Trey Thompson, he may have been ranked there at one time, but by the time he graduated, he was a consensus 3-star. I don't know if its the injury or what, but Miles has never displayed the pure athleticism he displayed in high school, or even West Virginia. We've seen glimpses here and there, but not consistently.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/82651
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/98217/keaton-miles
http://247sports.com/Player/Keaton-Miles-7543?PlayerInstitution=15397

I like how you completely ignored your Dusty Hannahs is a mid-major player comment, and now try to talk about Keaton Miles, that's funny.

And as far as Miles he was a 4-star on ESPN at the time he came out of high school.  He was even listed as a 4-star at the time he transferred and committed to Arkansas, I remember looking him up.  If you notice it says 90 rating on his ESPN profile, I'm assuming they went back and re-did their structure and now he's showing as a 3-star.  And for more proof you can look at the UofA website they went off of what was out at the time, and it showed Miles as a 4-star on ESPN.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/keaton-miles/

Now the great mystery of Keaton Miles ranking is solved.  I'd like to hear you explain your reasoning for calling Dusty Hannahs a mid-major player, when he averaged 7 PPG in arguably the best basketball conference in the nation.  And now you've been trying to sell us on why the staff is going to regret passing on a guy that averaged 3.8 PPG this summer.  I'll pass on your scouting reports. 

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 08:27:09 am

A mid-major is a mid-major no matter how good or bad they are.  When scouts analyze players they say, he's a high major or mid-major guy.  Iceman meant that he was a mid-major player and he named the few mid-major schools that he knew off the top of his head that shoot the ball well.  If he thought he was a high major player he would have named some high major schools, because there are plenty of them that can shoot the ball.

You guys can spin that anyway you want, but Iceman knew he meant it that way that's why he ignored it and trying to talk about Keaton Miles now, he always changes to subject when he knows he's wrong.  He's probably thought about what he said about Mitchell Smith and won't talk about him anymore.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2016, 12:16:39 pm
A mid-major is a mid-major no matter how good or bad they are.  When scouts analyze players they say, he's a high major or mid-major guy.  Iceman meant that he was a mid-major player and he named the few mid-major schools that he knew off the top of his head that shoot the ball well.  If he thought he was a high major player he would have named some high major schools, because there are plenty of them that can shoot the ball.

You guys can spin that anyway you want, but Iceman knew he meant it that way that's why he ignored it and trying to talk about Keaton Miles now, he always changes to subject when he knows he's wrong.  He's probably thought about what he said about Mitchell Smith and won't talk about him anymore.

Cool.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2016, 12:07:46 pm
I like how you completely ignored your Dusty Hannahs is a mid-major player comment, and now try to talk about Keaton Miles, that's funny.

And as far as Miles he was a 4-star on ESPN at the time he came out of high school.  He was even listed as a 4-star at the time he transferred and committed to Arkansas, I remember looking him up.  If you notice it says 90 rating on his ESPN profile, I'm assuming they went back and re-did their structure and now he's showing as a 3-star.  And for more proof you can look at the UofA website they went off of what was out at the time, and it showed Miles as a 4-star on ESPN.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/keaton-miles/

Now the great mystery of Keaton Miles ranking is solved.  I'd like to hear you explain your reasoning for calling Dusty Hannahs a mid-major player, when he averaged 7 PPG in arguably the best basketball conference in the nation.  And now you've been trying to sell us on why the staff is going to regret passing on a guy that averaged 3.8 PPG this summer.  I'll pass on your scouting reports. 

Here was my quote:
"I would love to add Dusty as a zone buster type guard, but I think he would be best served going to a mid-major school that puts an emphasis on shooting and guards of his skill set. Maybe like a Belmont, Gonzaga, or Butler."

You're acting like I was slamming Dusty. You are acting like I didn't want Dusty to come here. My statement was based on the fact that his defense and our system didn't emphasize his strengths. Obviously, I don't think anyone projected him to be a 16ppg scorer for us. I thought he would have a better chance excelling at a perennial NCAA program like Gonzaga or Butler than here.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 25, 2014, 04:20:31 pm
I would love to add Dusty as a zone buster type guard, but I think he would be best served going to a mid-major school that puts an emphasis on shooting and guards of his skill set. Maybe like a Belmont, Gonzaga, or Butler.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2016, 02:24:57 pm

Yeah, found it. I was looking for a quote much more negative the way he was getting his jollies off on it.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2016, 02:26:44 pm
Yeah, found it. I was looking for a quote much more negative the way he was getting his jollies off on it.

Not sure you called him a "mid-major player," but he did turn out to be much better than a zone-buster.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2016, 02:27:32 pm
Not sure you called him a "mid-major player," but he did turn out to be much better than a zone-buster.

And when I saw Dusty play in the red white game during his transfer year, I pointed out that he surprised me with his ability to attack the rim. But that scouting report I quess will be held with the same weight as my Jenkins scouting report according to Blu.

And technically, this team was a mid-major quality team. They finished .500 and lost to Mercer and Akron. I'm not sure anyone saw this type of production coming from Dusty.

I imagined Dusty being similar to the way Al Dillard was for Nolan, and not Pat Bradley or Jannero Pargo.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2016, 02:19:02 pm
I've gone back and looked and cannot find the quote where I called Dusty a mid-major player.

In this there a quotes of you saying Dusty maybe a better fit/get more PT at a mid major. But, nothing of negative about be Dusty or saying he couldn't contribute at this level or that he wasn't worth a scholarship.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565362.0

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2016, 02:29:38 pm
I'm not sure anyone saw this type of production coming from Dusty.

I did.

Quote from: Biggus Piggus
Dusty Hannahs is going to average over 15 ppg next season.

See? Unquestionable proof.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

By the way, this is what -Blu said about Dusty:

"We need at least 1 guard like that in this system TBH.  I mean Bell was a 2/3 star coming out of high school and we brought him in just to be a shooter.  I see Hannahs as the same type of player as that.  I'm not saying he would come in and be a starter, but I could see him redshirting a year then being in that second wave that comes off the bench maybe 10-15 minutes and knocking down shots."

And then my response:

"I'd love to have Dusty on this team contributing in that way. But in his best interest, I think he could get 30-35 minutes at a mid-major school and really show case his talent in a system that could feature a player with his skills."

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2016, 02:33:52 pm

"We need at least 1 guard like that in this system TBH.  I mean Bell was a 2/3 star coming out of high school and we brought him in just to be a shooter.  I see Hannahs as the same type of player as that.  I'm not saying he would come in and be a starter, but I could see him redshirting a year then being in that second wave that comes off the bench maybe 10-15 minutes and knocking down shots."

HOLY CRAP! That's exactly what you said too!

And he's criticizing what?
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

And this is from RazorAg, one of the more respected scouts on this board:

"I'm just not sure on Dusty as a prospect.  As info, I've seen him in 8-9 full games over the past two years. Similar to Anthlon. Can really catch fire and score in bunches, but hasn't been consistent and he's limited everywhere else. I wouldn't complain if we landed him, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down either.

Gut says UALR would be a more appropriate place."

The_Iceman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2016, 02:35:13 pm
HOLY CRAP! That's exactly what you said too!

And he's criticizing what?

I have no flipping clue. He is acting like he found a secret tape of Donald Trump or something.

LA Football fan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2016, 08:44:07 am
But would Reaves fit?

He would fit as much if not more than Hannahs.  Where would this team be without Hannahs production in SEVERAL games this year.  Reaves is taller, more athletic, has shown to be just as good of a shooter - albeit still in high school, and he is very good with the basketball in his hand.  Way more handles than Hannahs and Bell if people would be honest.  Would love to have him for four years, but we are guard heavy so he is not as critical of a need as a big IMO.   If Barford pans out and Macon continues his production from Juco to here, then we should be fine as far as guard play goes.   Anybody trying to downgrade Reaves game should have their head examined.  Players with his skills are few and far between at the high school level.  Obvious he isn't as talented as Monk but he isn't chopped liver either.  I think he will be a very productive player at the D1 level.   I am not saying he can carry a team like he has his high school team, but he will be a solid player that on any given night light up the scoreboard.

-Blu

Most thought Dusty would be a zone buster and role player for us.  That's what he was on Texas Tech LOL!  Good job exposing me on that one.  That great exposure goes right up there with the HA finding out about me saying I thought Ted Kapita would qualify.  Gasp!

And Iceman speaking of jollies, as you so put it, do you get yours sitting around day after day after day criticizing the staff.  If something got that serious to me, to where I have to complain about something EVERY SINGLE DAY I would seriously get as far as I can away from it.  That can't be healthy.  This whole discussion started because you guys are coming on here acting like Mitchell Smith and Austin Reeves are the next Jordan and Pippen.

Anyways, I see I've hurt some feelings in here.  But I just wanted you guys know Smith isn't coming here, Reeves isn't coming here, and Payton Willis isn't coming here.  Deal with it.  Better yet, go talk about them on their respective team forum, I thought this forum was to talk about razorback recruits, which they clearly are not. 

With all that said I'll let you guys go back to your coach bashing... have fun.

HawgAdvocate

And then my response:

"I'd love to have Dusty on this team contributing in that way. But in his best interest, I think he could get 30-35 minutes at a mid-major school and really show case his talent in a system that could feature a player with his skills."

Lesson of the day (paraphrased):

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 08, 2015, 04:28:38 pm
'Do as Blu says, not as Blu does.'
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 09, 2016, 03:39:09 pm
Lesson of the day (paraphrased):

Hey, (wannabe) moderator HA, can you go ahead and lock this thread or move it to the appropriate forum.  It's gone off topic and it's about a a kid that is not a hog recruit.  Not sure why you've let it get this out of hand, I'm disappointed in you.

RazorPiggie

LOL This is getting good.

HawgAdvocate

All this, within one thread. Blu GOLD!

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 10:21:13 pm
I'll trust my own eyes...

His eyes told him:

And after ignoring what his own eyes once told him:

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2016, 12:07:46 pm
I'd like to hear you explain your reasoning for calling Dusty Hannahs a mid-major player, when he averaged 7 PPG in arguably the best basketball conference in the nation.  And now you've been trying to sell us on why the staff is going to regret passing on a guy that averaged 3.8 PPG this summer.  I'll pass on your scouting reports. 

Hypocrisy in action, at its finest. Welcome back Blu. :)

-Blu

That's the weakest, I have nothing better to do, random set of quotes I've ever seen.  Seriously, do you really have nothing else to do? Between your moderating internship, digging through old posts, and throwing together random quotes that have nothing to do with each other, I don't see how you have time to do anything else.

I said I seen Dusty as a similar player as Bell, which their stats are almost identical.  Both he and Bell were thrusted into roles that they may not necessarily had if it wasn't for the horrible offseason we had.  Both had a surprising seasons. 

I didn't see anyone predict in that Hannahs thread he'd be a 16 PPG player.  At the same time I didn't say he was a mid-major caliber of player either, then come in another thread and criticize the staff for not signing a guy that's averaged 3.8 PPG in AAU.  That's my whole point.  Don't knock the staff for signing a productive player, then a year later knock them for not signing a player that didn't live up to expectations.  I'm sorry that basic concept went right over your head.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2016, 03:20:23 pm
Most thought Dusty would be a zone buster and role player for us.  That's what he was on Texas Tech LOL!  Good job exposing me on that one.  That great exposure goes right up there with the HA finding out about me saying I thought Ted Kapita would qualify.  Gasp!

And Iceman speaking of jollies, as you so put it, do you get yours sitting around day after day after day criticizing the staff.  If something got that serious to me, to where I have to complain about something EVERY SINGLE DAY I would seriously get as far as I can away from it.  That can't be healthy.  This whole discussion started because you guys are coming on here acting like Mitchell Smith and Austin Reeves are the next Jordan and Pippen.

Anyways, I see I've hurt some feelings in here.  But I just wanted you guys know Smith isn't coming here, Reeves isn't coming here, and Payton Willis isn't coming here.  Deal with it.  Better yet, go talk about them on their respective team forum, I thought this forum was to talk about razorback recruits, which they clearly are not. 

With all that said I'll let you guys go back to your coach bashing... have fun.

Not trying to bash or anything, but if you only want to talk about Razorback recruits, why even click on a thread about Smith?

You are right though, we need to focus on hog recruits. I apologize for talking about Reaves so much. I just love his scoring instincts, few guys have that nowadays.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on March 09, 2016, 08:04:44 pm
I apologize for talking about Reaves so much. I just love his scoring instincts, few guys have that nowadays.

No need to apologize. This thread is three pages long, and mods have contributed, for good reason. It's a worthwhile topic because Coach Z was in touch for a bit.

LA Football fan

Reaves to me is still fair game because, unless I missed something, he still hasn't signed with WSU and is still in play, not only for us, but other schools as well.  Seeing his results in state tournament play is pretty dang impressive, especially knowing EVERY school has made him their number one priority to stop.  There is a highlight tape in fearless that is nothing but impressive play after impressive play and anyone that can watch that and think he is not D1 material is beyond me.  And it isn't all about him as a scorer either.  He is a very good distributor of the ball to others on moves he makes to the basket too. 

Smith has made his choice and I think he could have fit in nicely in Mike's system but I think he will be somewhat of a project for a couple of years similar to Trey.  Trey has really improved his game from when he first arrived here.  Wish Smith the best of luck except when he steps on the court against us.   Mike has things to be critical of but I am not going to slam him for moving on to try and land a player that may be a solid contributor right away.

-Blu

March 09, 2016, 09:08:43 pm #142 Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:58:24 pm by -Blu
Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on March 09, 2016, 08:04:44 pm
Not trying to bash or anything, but if you only want to talk about Razorback recruits, why even click on a thread about Smith?

Well I did start the thread  :)

I started it back when Smith was an actual recruit of ours.  I haven't been on here in a while, I was catching up on all the topics.  I was surprised to see people bumping a thread that was back from August 2015 about a Mizzou recruit, I wanted to see what all the talk was about.

Acer4

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 08, 2016, 11:07:03 pm
I do not have a kid in the picture. I used those two players because they were the two most affected by Monk being on their team compared to the prior summer.  Dixon left Bentonville because of Monk.   Crawford brokered Monk to Bentonville. 

You like to hyperbole and I'm unsure why.  But I'm not saying it was a conspiracy to "team up".  I'm saying the intrusion of Monk on a team that had already won Peach Jam and excelled in the EYBL(?) league the prior year came at the expense of the better players.  It stands to reason his being on the court was playing time that came from others.  Every player but Curry was negatively impacted by Monk.  It's just the way it is.

That being said, I stand by the fact ARK's recruiting of some instate players was suspect in it's approach.  Their high school coaches, their parents and they themselves would tell you so if you knew them. 

It's not random thoughts.  It's reality.
I heard Dixon was a huge discipline problem.  ??

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Acer4 on March 10, 2016, 01:10:12 pm
I heard Dixon was a huge discipline problem.  ??
Not inaccurate.

sooiepig_12

If he doesn't have a qualifying ACT score, then how is he going to Wichita State?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on March 10, 2016, 07:40:59 pm
If he doesn't have a qualifying ACT score, then how is he going to Wichita State?

How was Ted Kapita coming here?

LA Football fan

Go to fearlessfriday and read the thread on #12.  A poster CLEARLY says that Reaves has the grades and an ACT score GOOD ENOUGH to be eligible.  Remember, there is a sliding scale based on grades and ACT score.  It is not all about the ACT score.  By his posts he seems very close to the Reaves situation so I am thinking he knows a little more than most.  Now he could be wrong and Reaves may not qualify, but based off what he was saying, he will make it.

-Blu

Quote from: LA Football fan on March 10, 2016, 07:55:12 pm
Go to fearlessfriday and read the thread on #12.  A poster CLEARLY says that Reaves has the grades and an ACT score GOOD ENOUGH to be eligible.  Remember, there is a sliding scale based on grades and ACT score.  It is not all about the ACT score.  By his posts he seems very close to the Reaves situation so I am thinking he knows a little more than most.  Now he could be wrong and Reaves may not qualify, but based off what he was saying, he will make it.

I've always heard fearlessfriday fourm was the most credible source on the internet behind youtube video comments.

On a serious note, good for Reeves if he has the scores.  Can never get mad at anyone for getting an education and doing something they love.  I wish him the best at Witchita State.

Hawg Red

Quote from: LA Football fan on March 10, 2016, 07:55:12 pm

So, one random internet poster says he has the grades, so let's just assume it's official? Good lord. Just take it for what it's worth, which is to basically take it with a grain of salt for now, and chill out.