Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen, Hatcher & Sprinkle Shine in Competitive Scrimmage

Started by Mike Irwin, April 11, 2015, 10:25:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

The competition between offense and defense was intense as the Razorbacks held their first scrimmage of the spring open to the public. "That was our heavy workday," head coach Bret Bielema said of the two hour session, adding, "I was really pleased to see how much we've grown, as much mentally as physically."

With Jonathan Williams withheld and Alex Collins limited to just six carries after tweaking an ankle fullback Cody Walker accounted for most of the running game with 69 yards on 20 carries. The number one offense fared much better through the air. Facing the top defense the whole way quarterback Brandon Allen finished 17 of 23 for 229 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Dan Enos did not speak with the media after the scrimmage but Bielema said Enos could not be happier with the way Allen has improved this spring.

"Dan has just continued to be amazed at the ability that BA has for recall on certain things," Bielema told reporters. (Allen has a) "Very, very live arm. Very, very accurate. Very detailed."
--------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/allen-hatcher-sprinkle-shine-in-competitive-scrimm/77983/NhXAL7s0VEaATDULzhm3IA

nwahogfan1

April 12, 2015, 02:30:44 pm #1 Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:40:46 pm by nwahogfan1
Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2015, 10:25:01 pm
The competition between offense and defense was intense as the Razorbacks held their first scrimmage of the spring open to the public. "That was our heavy workday," head coach Bret Bielema said of the two hour session, adding, "I was really pleased to see how much we've grown, as much mentally as physically."

With Jonathan Williams withheld and Alex Collins limited to just six carries after tweaking an ankle fullback Cody Walker accounted for most of the running game with 69 yards on 20 carries. The number one offense fared much better through the air. Facing the top defense the whole way quarterback Brandon Allen finished 17 of 23 for 229 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Dan Enos did not speak with the media after the scrimmage but Bielema said Enos could not be happier with the way Allen has improved this spring.

"Dan has just continued to be amazed at the ability that BA has for recall on certain things," Bielema told reporters. (Allen has a) "Very, very live arm. Very, very accurate. Very detailed."
--------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/allen-hatcher-sprinkle-shine-in-competitive-scrimm/77983/NhXAL7s0VEaATDULzhm3IA
Good report Mike.  I loved the scrimmage.  Thought both sides played very hard with the defense stopping the run which is the way it should be in the Spring.  I liked the way our QBs threw the ball with very few mistakes against a good defense. They looked down field but took what the defense gave them checking down to TEs and RBs. We need more depth in the secondary though.  Played almost all walk on players there on the 3rd sting..  LBs did well but also lack depth.  I think the fall will bring in some much needed depth to both areas.  Defense is very athletic and ran to the ball and tackled with an attitude while also at times guarding RBs and TEs in the Secondary.  I think our Defense will be as good or better than last year.  If our offense can run the ball well which I think it will and with our 5th year QB running the show then we should be able to win 5 or more SEC games.   Tough season ahead but having a 5th year QB and a stingy defense should spell out success.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.