Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 11, 2015 Practice report (All things Saturday scrimmage)

Started by Ugly Uncle, April 11, 2015, 11:35:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PGTIGERHOG

Thought Allen had a very good scrimmage.  Tired of all the bashing as well.  In my lifetime when we have had a fifth year senior quarterback we have done well - but only remember Scott Bull and Tyler Wilson off the top of my head.

I did see a play along the west boundary where it looked like a d-back caught a ball, but was out of bounds.  The whistle seemed to blow early so they may have actually called a sack on the play.  Honestly can't remember who threw the pass or which d-back caught the ball.

Prestworthy

Quote from: tusked on April 11, 2015, 11:33:51 pm
BA avg. 9.9 yards per attempt.  Sims led the SEC last year at 9.2 with Prescott 2nd at 8.7.

I guess they threw a LOT to the flats also.
If we're using last years stats, how many did BA average per attempt?

I checked - #84 at 6.7

Anyways...lets talk about something other than BA!  There were a lot of other players worth talking about.

lumphog

presidenthog

I really want to see this d line in person. If they are as deep and as talented as reported we are in very good shape. How is the lb corps? Are we lining up in the I much? What kind of personnel and formations are we using?

ZERO

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2015, 08:58:54 pm
This is a bizarre post. You appear to be suggesting that a dozen media members working for different employers all missed an interception and therefore may have missed other stuff as well.

Well they didn't miss anything. There was no pick. It wasn't added to the stats because it didn't happen and BA's completion percentage is correct.

Quote from: ZERO on April 11, 2015, 07:08:55 pm
Ah, just saw this. Well, nevermind, haha.

Literally the very next post after what I posted, in which the member I was quoting cleared up the whole int/no int confusion. I somehow missed that post (it was a pretty brief post) before I posted, and then saw it and corrected myself. Without that person clearing up the fact that it was an int at first glance, it looked like three or four posters here were all vouching for seeing something the media missed. It was worth noting at the time.

Sorry for making a simple mistake and then owning up to it and acknowledging it. A few people here could take a cue from that, but instead I've gathered six smites from that one post. "Bizarre" indeed.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Tusks

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 11, 2015, 11:43:17 pm
If we're using last years stats, how many did BA average per attempt?

I checked - #84 at 6.7

Anyways...lets talk about something other than BA!  There were a lot of other players worth talking about.

I was comparing BA's 'inconstant' and only throwing to the 'flats' scrimmage, against what those guys posted last year.

BA's stats today were neither inconsistent nor a flats only game.  74% completion rate and 9.9 yards per attempt.

52% completion rate and 6.5 yards per attempt.  That is an inconstant  and flats only stat line.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

To add.....take todays 'inconsistent' and 'flats' only day and project it out over 12 games......

204 completions on 276 attempts for 2,760 yards with 24 TD and no INT.

I would TAKE that right now and give the rest to the running game and defense and take my chances.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Flatline

Irwin has no agenda. He Is a fan of the hogs and of college football and has the pleasure of reporting it. JHe doesn't print what people want to read, he just tells it like it is.   

hogville38

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 11, 2015, 02:49:52 pm
I realize that this scrimmage is vanilla on both sides of the ball, but here are a few thoughts:

QB: BA was inconsistent most of the day, with a TD and INT.  He was given the majority of the snaps.  The other two QBs played ok but nothing really stood out.  RP has a cannon for an arm, as reported earlier.  Definitely the strongest on the team.  Seemed like every other pass play was a throw to a TE or FB in the flat.

RB:  Nothing really of note other than Kody Walker and some hard running.  AC had an ok day.

TE: Will probably be the best unit on the team.  Lots of size and speed between HH, JS, and WG.

WR: Duwop will be starting IMO.  He is the most physical WR out there.  Jojo had a few good grabs.

DL: Looked big and mean.  Will be a great group.

DB: Rohan Gaines and walk-on Reid Miller stood out.  He is noticeably smaller than most of the other guys in the unit, but seemed to be EVERYWHERE.  Had some great tackles and a huge pass breakup in the endzone.  I believe he also forced a fumble on Will Gragg.
Everywhere i'm reading has BA having a great day?????

MissippHog

Let's just all agree he was inconsistently inconsistent and leave it at that  ;)

atekido

factchecker

Quote from: PGTIGERHOG on April 11, 2015, 11:41:12 pm
Thought Allen had a very good scrimmage.  Tired of all the bashing as well.  In my lifetime when we have had a fifth year senior quarterback we have done well - but only remember Scott Bull and Tyler Wilson off the top of my head.

I did see a play along the west boundary where it looked like a d-back caught a ball, but was out of bounds.  The whistle seemed to blow early so they may have actually called a sack on the play.  Honestly can't remember who threw the pass or which d-back caught the ball.

Yes sir, PGTIGERHOG has this situation correct. Brandon Allen did not throw an interception.  There were two "almost" interceptions. First was an quick out where the defensive back jumped the route and could have had a pick six but he dove and missed.  Consequently the play resulted in a 20 plus yard gain. The second play was when Brandon threw toward the west side line and either D.J. or Coley momentarily picked off the ball.  However, three things disqualified the interception. 

1) The play was blown dead due to pressure (sack). 
2) If caught, the defender would have landed out of bounds.
3) The ball was not caught. The ball was knocked out (by Hunter?) at the last minute.

In my opinion, the two major disappointments were the absence of screen plays and Skipper letting the defender cross his face routinely.

Overall a great EARLY scrimmage.  Our entire defense looked great.  Watts, KeTyrus Marks and Froholdt were impressive on the second team defensive line.  They have Frohodlt working with the first string punt team.  He is the one who makes the call and alerts the snapper. Its crazy thinking that he was in high school 4 months ago, he is massive.

FYI- If anyone goes to future scrimmages or practices there is an easy way to identify QBs.  Brandon wears the short sleeve black undershirt. Austin usually wears either a long sleeve or short sleeve white undershirt.  Rafe wears a undershirt with one red sleeve.  Ty wears black but he has a knee brace on his left knee. TY looks the part also, he is the largest QB.  The walk on, Troy Allison also wears short sleeve black undershirt but he is easy to pick out b/c he never plays. Why won't they give him a shot?!?!?  :P

One final point-  Mike Irwin does not blow smoke.  He has been around the program for a long time and has always shown to be unbiased. He even questioned the reasoning behind Chaney leaving the program.  If he sees a reason for concern, he will report it.

Sorry for rambling--  Go Hogs Go!!!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SooiecidetillNuttgone

April 12, 2015, 02:36:13 am #112 Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:38:00 am by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2015, 05:29:50 pm
Funny and wrong. Most of the media bashed Mustain. I didn't but most did.

Not possible.  Don't you remember how ALL the media was carrying the torch of truth, DESPITE what the BAC wanted?   /Sarcasm off

75% on the board have rewritten history based on their new agenda(s).

Starting with their hate for a man that had opportunities and furthered his career........just like any on here would do if they wanted to eventually be a head coach also.

Moving to Damian Williams, who was an overrated bum.  Mustain was a joke.  The media was biased, overly  fawning over Mustain, DW, etc as if it were a media conspiracy vs the GOBN rather than when the conspiracy was the GOBN wanting the ''ignorant fans'' to shut up.  People forgetting of course how the BAC was not unlike a Russian Goolag, complete with the misinformation desk and spotlight interview torture room.  The parents whined, Theresa was a hero, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

Then onto how BP was overrated, couldn't beat Bama (despite the fact that he'd only fielded 3 teams, 2 with legit talent and NOBODY was beating those teams) glad he's gone, he'll fail from now on, etc.

Now to BB, who I like and think is going to be really great for us, but........every coaching hire is a homerun, his poop doesn't stink, he builds it ''the right way'', his philosophy is not unlike Gabriel coming from the heavens to communicate the word of God, and of course his wife is hot, as if that would have anything to do with anything.

But hey....Whatever fits the agenda for the moment, right??  I mean it's only a rewriting of historical facts.  Funny how YOU were the only media member trying to prevent this shameful episode from playing out, and now we have a majority of fans that have slowly shaded truths and fudged opinions so that tbe last decade can be wrangled into whatever P.R. brochure they want it to fit into.

But hey!  You made Mustain into Joe Montana and Theresa NEVER wrote that email alright?

I wonder what the next Hog Fans delusion will be.....We have 3 hot recruits in Booger Hollow that are ranked -2 stars.......But ya know that stars don't at all matter.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 11, 2015, 05:51:19 pm
If it were almost any other media member, that could be a valid statement.  However, Mike has NEVER been that guy and has always called it as he saw it, sometimes to his own detriment.  He's no sycophant.

+1 for using sycophant.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ZERO on April 12, 2015, 12:05:22 am
Literally the very next post after what I posted, in which the member I was quoting cleared up the whole int/no int confusion. I somehow missed that post (it was a pretty brief post) before I posted, and then saw it and corrected myself. Without that person clearing up the fact that it was an int at first glance, it looked like three or four posters here were all vouching for seeing something the media missed. It was worth noting at the time.

Sorry for making a simple mistake and then owning up to it and acknowledging it. A few people here could take a cue from that, but instead I've gathered six smites from that one post. "Bizarre" indeed.

Depending on subject and circumstances, I see that as a badge of honor on here.
His response to me:

presidenthog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 12, 2015, 02:36:13 am
Not possible.  Don't you remember how ALL the media was carrying the torch of truth, DESPITE what the BAC wanted?   /Sarcasm off

75% on the board have rewritten history based on their new agenda(s).

Starting with their hate for a man that had opportunities and furthered his career........just like any on here would do if they wanted to eventually be a head coach also.

Moving to Damian Williams, who was an overrated bum.  Mustain was a joke.  The media was biased, overly  fawning over Mustain, DW, etc as if it were a media conspiracy vs the GOBN rather than when the conspiracy was the GOBN wanting the ''ignorant fans'' to shut up.  People forgetting of course how the BAC was not unlike a Russian Goolag, complete with the misinformation desk and spotlight interview torture room.  The parents whined, Theresa was a hero, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

Then onto how BP was overrated, couldn't beat Bama (despite the fact that he'd only fielded 3 teams, 2 with legit talent and NOBODY was beating those teams) glad he's gone, he'll fail from now on, etc.

Now to BB, who I like and think is going to be really great for us, but........every coaching hire is a homerun, his poop doesn't stink, he builds it ''the right way'', his philosophy is not unlike Gabriel coming from the heavens to communicate the word of God, and of course his wife is hot, as if that would have anything to do with anything.

But hey....Whatever fits the agenda for the moment, right??  I mean it's only a rewriting of historical facts.  Funny how YOU were the only media member trying to prevent this shameful episode from playing out, and now we have a majority of fans that have slowly shaded truths and fudged opinions so that tbe last decade can be wrangled into whatever P.R. brochure they want it to fit into.

But hey!  You made Mustain into Joe Montana and Theresa NEVER wrote that email a'ight?

I wonder what the next Hog Fans delusion will be.....We have 3 hot recruits in Booger Hollow that are ranked -2 stars.......But ya know that stars don't at all matter.
Dude are you drunk?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

April 12, 2015, 03:21:48 am #116 Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:37:06 am by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: presidenthog on April 12, 2015, 03:03:51 am
Dude are you drunk?

Unfortunately, most of the time I wish I were.
His response to me:

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

I never get too excited about qb play in the spring. They cannot get hit, so the pressure is not truly there.

as a senior starter , he should light up any spring scrimmage. 

I wish they would give more reps to the 3 other guys, with the first team.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

deedster84

Only one question needs to be asked. By what has been seen by everyone, where do you see the Hogs at in the SEC west this year?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 11, 2015, 05:09:56 pm
I think it's ok that we have two differing opinions on this.

Mike (and media) is probably in tight with the coaches/Long and I'm sure reporting anything short of us looking great is not what they want. 

On the other hand, you have a fan that hears all of the hype and see's it first hand for the first time.  Doesn't look as impressive as the media has hyped it. States his opinion on a message board, then gets picked apart by the media for not playing the game. 

Honestly, I like listening to Mike's reports because it gives me hope, but I also like the realist, with no agenda, to help me realize we probably won't be going to Glendale in January.

Well it has taken months but here is that "realist" crap again. When you cannot prove your negative comments you always fall back on your war cry of "I'm a realist, so don't hate on me." Do you even know who this  guy is who said he saw a pick? What state he lives in or teams he follows? A news flash for you - YOU CAN LOG ONTO HOGVILLE FROM ALMOST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Your stance is so far removed from reality. Mike has been reporting on the Hog's for years and I KNOW he follows the Hogs. And I KNOW he will call a spade a spade when he sees it. Evidence of this has been recorded by the stations he has worked for. What is the credentials of these realists? Do they have evidence they were even at the scrimmage?

All I can say is this guy's post history is very dubious, so I'll stick with someone who has been verified to actually be at the scrimmage.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 11, 2015, 09:41:08 pm
How is it biased to have a difference of opinion? I don't know his total post history, but he seems like an honest poster to me.

If you don't know his post history then how can you draw a conclusion that he is honest?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 11, 2015, 10:05:03 pm
My fault...the interception was dropped while he hit the ground.  The defensive coaches and players were jumping up and down and celebrating because they thought it was a pick too.  But what about the rest of my observations?  Why single that one out?

You called a pick when it wasn't a pick. You said he was inconsistent when he had a 73% completion. We are suppose to now believe everything else you saw was accurate? I don't think so.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ZERO on April 12, 2015, 12:05:22 am

-1 for keeping track of your smite count. Over 3,000 posts to your credit - time to quit worrying about smites.  ;)

nchogg

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2015, 09:05:39 pm
You came on this board and created the impression that Brandon Allen didn't look particularly good today. You were wrong about the interception and your claim that he was inconsistent throughout the scrimmage is also wrong. It's as simple as that.
[/quote
Mike your pissing in the wind. No matter what you say will change their opinions. Don't waste your time. Sometimes people see what they want. I will listen to you before all the anti BA. It will be that way all season. They will always look for reasons to bash BA whom is a QB that gives his heart, soul and body to this team. He has had the hell beat out of him in games and still gives everything he has.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2015, 10:40:45 pm
I saw that play clearly. Allen would have scored. They blew the whistle after he crossed the goal line. You or me or anyone else not on that team does not have a clue what Hatcher was thinking. He may have wanted the ball but that doesn't mean he was thinking that Allen would not have scored in that situation in a game.

What's amazing me is this continued notion that Allen is the only QB who doesn't spot an open receiver. It happens. The guy had six incompletions out of 23 attempts. One of the incompletions was a clear case of  pass interference. Two more were throwaways because he was about to be sacked. Two more were dropped. I guess you could say he screwed up on the other one.
Im just not excited about seeing the QB take off in a green no contact jersey in goal line situations kind of cheap if you ask me. He looked consistent and make some great throws over the middle and on the deep comebacks to the sideline. Whether I know what Hatcher is thinking or not, no one mentioned that series of plays. To me that was the most intense series of the scrimmage.
You could tell guys on both sides were competing full tilt, which is going to pay dividends down the road. It was one play out of 80 but I want to see execution in those critical situations. I know Allen has the athletic ability to take off but he cant rely on that in SEC play, same for AA when/ if he is the starter. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jg8417 on April 12, 2015, 07:44:47 am
Im just not excited about seeing the QB take off in a green no contact jersey in goal line situations kind of cheap if you ask me. He looked consistent and make some great throws over the middle and on the deep comebacks to the sideline. Whether I know what Hatcher is thinking or not, no one mentioned that series of plays. To me that was the most intense series of the scrimmage.
You could tell guys on both sides were competing full tilt, which is going to pay dividends down the road. It was one play out of 80 but I want to see execution in those critical situations. I know Allen has the athletic ability to take off but he cant rely on that in SEC play, same for AA when/ if he is the starter. 

All they had to do was touch him with a hand and they would have blown the whistle and he would have been down. I didn't see the play but if he went in untouched, he might have scored just as easily (or more so) in a game. The green jersey is just to protect him from taking full contact hits so I'd have to disagree with your opinion that it was "cheap" for BA to take off with the ball.
Go Hogs Go!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Kevin on April 12, 2015, 06:48:41 am
I never get too excited about qb play in the spring. They cannot get hit, so the pressure is not truly there.

as a senior starter , he should light up any spring scrimmage. 

I wish they would give more reps to the 3 other guys, with the first team.

so if you're the starter, you should lose first team reps?

ok

Steef

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 08:06:27 am

ok

Depends.

How do you feel about having your backups being prepared, if your starter gets hurt?

Missouri game?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: steefhog on April 12, 2015, 08:09:17 am
Depends.

How do you feel about having your backups being prepared, if your starter gets hurt?

Missouri game?

so backups aren't prepared unless they get reps with the first team?

no

the gist of my response on this one is seeing that one of our glass-half-empty posters hasn't changed

Steef

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 08:12:46 am
so backups aren't prepared unless they get reps with the first team?

no

the gist of my response on this one is seeing that one of our glass-half-empty posters hasn't changed

Ok. So you dont like the guy you were responding to. Fine.

Your backups still need quality practice time against the 1s. Because if they have to come into a game due to injury, the other team isnt going to obligingly put in their 2s.

rljjr

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 11, 2015, 05:09:56 pm
I think it's ok that we have two differing opinions on this.

Mike (and media) is probably in tight with the coaches/Long and I'm sure reporting anything short of us looking great is not what they want. 

On the other hand, you have a fan that hears all of the hype and see's it first hand for the first time.  Doesn't look as impressive as the media has hyped it. States his opinion on a message board, then gets picked apart by the media for not playing the game. 

Honestly, I like listening to Mike's reports because it gives me hope, but I also like the realist, with no agenda, to help me realize we probably won't be going to Glendale in January.

You don't know, Mike, obviously. I worked for Mike's competition in the late 80's and early 90's. From what I witnessed there was no agenda or puffery. As a reporter he called it as it happened. In this case he calls it as he sees it. Mike does not need to be "in tight with the coaches" to do his job. As I see Mike, it is now, and always has been, a professional business relationship. It is possible to build professional relationships without relinquishing objectivity.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: steefhog on April 12, 2015, 08:15:49 am
Ok. So you dont like the guy you were responding to. Fine.

Your backups still need quality practice time against the 1s. Because if they have to come into a game due to injury, the other team isnt going to obligingly put in their 2s.

The guy who needs most reps with or against the 1's, is our starter. I believe this is the standard since Amos Alonzo Stagg.

There's also no rule saying the 1's offense has to go against the 1's defense.

He said all three of the other guys should get 1's reps. That would leave no 1's reps for the starter. Practice cannot last four hours.

WilsonHog

There is an agenda at play here, and it isn't Mike's.

(Other than not letting ridiculousness go unchallenged, which I applaud.)

Poker_hog

It really doesn't matter how BA looked in a spring practice.  He looks good every spring.  We all know he's a solid sec qb, but to take the next step he has to play well in the 4th quarter especially with the game on the line.  Nothing he does in April can predict that.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Steef

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 08:25:18 am

The guy who needs most reps with or against the 1's, is our starter. I believe this is the standard since Amos Alonzo Stagg.

He said all three of the other guys should get 1's reps. That would leave no 1's reps for the starter. Practice cannot last four hours.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 12, 2015, 08:45:51 am
There is an agenda at play here, and it isn't Mike's.

(Other than not letting ridiculousness go unchallenged, which I applaud.)

For three pages.

I was hoping the conversation could be steered to football theory instead of personalities.

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 08:25:18 am

Actually, 4 hour practices are allowed, they are the maximum, except for golf. Now, I'm not sure how much film work and meetings you could squeeze in your 20hrs of work the NCAA allows per week, but you can practice 4 hours, lol.

Steef

Quote from: Poker_hog on April 12, 2015, 08:50:59 am
It really doesn't matter how BA looked in a spring practice.  He looks good every spring.  We all know he's a solid sec qb, but to take the next step he has to play well in the 4th quarter especially with the game on the line.  Nothing he does in April can predict that.

When not injured, BA has played as well in the fourth quarter, as his O-line  has played.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: steefhog on April 12, 2015, 08:53:57 am
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

ok

anyway, if Brandon had gone 23-23, there would still be people bitching on here 

:D

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Steef

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 09:03:43 am
ok

anyway, if Brandon had gone 23-23, there would still be people bitching on here 

:D

True. But I'm not one of them.

Regardless of anyone's agenda about Brandon, we need a prepared backup. Or...if you're Ohio State...two prepared backups.

BPsTheMan

cool

Austin and Rafe were not ready as true freshmen

Ty will be

so it's a three way battle for number two

hawg IQ

Quote from: rljjr on April 12, 2015, 08:16:23 am
You don't know, Mike, obviously. I worked for Mike's competition in the late 80's and early 90's. From what I witnessed there was no agenda or puffery. As a reporter he called it as it happened. In this case he calls it as he sees it. Mike does not need to be "in tight with the coaches" to do his job. As I see Mike, it is now, and always has been, a professional business relationship. It is possible to build professional relationships without relinquishing objectivity.
I think Mike Irwin is a straight up guy that tells things as he sees them. Sometime that's a hit or miss on other people's opinions. Also where we like BA or not should have nothing to do with his performance.
        I really don't care about his passing percentage or against 1's 2's really !?
I thought where he needs to improve is in his ability to lead and make decisions in games that can be won or lost based on our QB. If he can lead this team, we will all be glad he's our qb. Get rid of happy feet and throwing it in to first ten rows of sideline seats without a second look.
       Its not just BA either, we need coaching that doesn't give him bad plays to begin with, hopefully with Chaney gone, that might change. BA is the guy with the most experience and for now we should just want improvement with him. He's not bad, but obviously could be a lot better. This fall comes his best chance.
go hogs go !

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 09:18:38 am
cool

Austin and Rafe were not ready as true freshmen

Ty will be

so it's a three way battle for number two

I don't think Ty will be either, and that's a good thing.

Kevin

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 12, 2015, 08:06:27 am

ok

it is spring football. he will get all the reps come the fall. yes, i would like the back ups to work with the ones vs the ones to get some experience.

next year, when we have to replace almost all of the skilled positions, many of you on here will be complaining, that these guys never got any work.

i don't think it would hurt ba or the offense, if he threw about 10 passes in one of the live scrimmages, and let the other guys do the rest.

ricepig

New system, new OC, he needs as many reps as they think he needs. It may not be a totally new system, but the is different verbiage and checks.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Kevin on April 12, 2015, 09:56:31 am
it is spring football. he will get all the reps come the fall. yes, i would like the back ups to work with the ones vs the ones to get some experience.

next year, when we have to replace almost all of the skilled positions, many of you on here will be complaining, that these guys never got any work.

i don't think it would hurt ba or the offense, if he threw about 10 passes in one of the live scrimmages, and let the other guys do the rest.

I'm pretty sure that when this staff feels that is needed, it will happen. Some of you guys seem to think that this staff looks no further ahead than the end of their noses. I am pretty sure that they have been at this long enough to realize what the future could possibly bring and are preparing for it in the best possible way that they feel that they can, regardless of our experienced input.
Go Hogs Go!

razorback44

This isn't the NFL where they can get unlimited reps. The actual starters needed as much time together as possible. Hence the reason that no college head coach gives his backup more reps with the 1's than the actual starter.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

BPsTheMan

so you're not happy with Dan Enos' decision on who gets which reps

noted

BPsTheMan

Here's my take:

Hire Dan Enos.

Pay Dan Enos.

Watch Dan Enos' product.

Keep paying Dan Enos.