Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Scrimmage

Started by 20hog11, April 10, 2015, 11:09:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

20hog11

I'll be at the scrimmage tomorrow checking out how the hogs are looking this spring. Are there any players anyone is interested in hearing about? I'm no reporter or analyst by any means, but I can keep my eye on specific players if anyone is interested in hearing about them. I'll be keeping my eye on Jojo and Duwop at WR. The qbs as a whole and the linebackers group for sure. I like that Bret gives the fans access to practices. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite UofA coaches ever because of how he treats the fans and even the media.

Rzback

Walk-0n Freshman DB Reid Miller
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

GrizzlyRider07

I too will be there and can keep an eye out on specific players as well if needed. My attention will be on the DLine and Safety position first and foremost.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

PaintballHog

Quote from: Rzback on April 11, 2015, 07:32:07 am

My extreme dark horse of last class. Is he on campus?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 11, 2015, 08:08:36 am

He enrolled in January.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 11, 2015, 08:08:36 am

Yep, I think where I read he had 5 tackles in last Saturday's scrimmage, fwiw.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2015, 08:23:39 am
Yep, I think where I read he had 5 tackles in last Saturday's scrimmage, fwiw.

If at worst he turns into the second coming of Seth Amburst he will be a tremendous asset to us the next 4 years

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 11, 2015, 08:37:24 am
If at worst he turns into the second coming of Seth Amburst he will be a tremendous asset to us the next 4 years

I'm sure these were second or third string tackles, but, at least he's out there.

PaintballHog

woodrow hog call

See if RP gets any snaps or if just has to stand around holding a clipboard.
Make sure he doesn't have on ankle weights, or have one arm tied behind his back,
just to keep him from out shining BA.
Some on here are convinced he is being held back by the coaches.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

TheRazorback500

Let us know how Kirkland and B Ellis are adapting to their new positions.

Also take note of any pretty girls you see  ;)

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

JTHog59

Having severe football deficiency attacks already this spring. Decided to drive up from south Ark and see for myself. Want to see the backup qb play.
Go Hogs!

20hog11

Just met DJ Williams. My day has been made.

lumphog

Hawkins.....just how FAST is he ???

edt

Hawkins can turn the light switch off and be in bed before it gets dark.

20hog11

Usual suspects looking good on offense. Henry and Keon are the go to guys like always. Sprinkle is going to have a big year and fill Derbys role as a receiving threat well. Jojo got a bit banged up. Looks like he and Alex rolled their ankles today.

20hog11

Dline is playing well. They are getting to the qb even against our ones. Ledbetter is going to be big for us.

regi

Speaking of walk on players. A couple of Arkansas kids are playing well and putting themselves in the mix. Johnny Gibson and Josh Harris

20hog11

Kody Walker getting a lot of reps at RB with JWill out and collins banged up. He's looking good today. Pretty thin at rb. R. Williams may have to come in and contribute right away with the rb postion being thin.

20hog11

DJ dean and coley playing well. Both had some nice pass breakups.

Slimac4

Quote from: Rzback on April 11, 2015, 07:32:07 am

Kids gonna be really good for us. He sticks out with the 2s and 3s.

Slimac4

Quote from: woodrow hog call on April 11, 2015, 09:35:17 am
See if RP gets any snaps or if just has to stand around holding a clipboard.
Make sure he doesn't have on ankle weights, or have one arm tied behind his back,
just to keep him from out shining BA.
Some on here are convinced he is being held back by the coaches.

He has looked very good today. He's going to be solid QB for us.

20hog11

April 11, 2015, 12:57:57 pm #22 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:58:54 pm by 20hog11
Austin looking like the better qb2 today. Completing some passes over the middle for good gains. Reid miller just had a pass break up in the EZ to avoid a td. He's short, but he seems to have good instincts.

20hog11

April 11, 2015, 01:15:45 pm #23 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:59:42 pm by 20hog11
TEs are going to get a lot of looks this year. Kraus and Sprinkle had one TD each today from Austin and BA. Keon is our best WR by far. Saw Reed on the sidelines. We will need him to contribute this fall. Duwop didn't show a lot today. I saw the coaches getting onto him several times today. Jojo was banged up, but I've heard that he has looked good so far.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Hedlund nailed a 59 yarder to end scrimmage. You read that correctly.
ched come back pls

reddogjcss

Stop by scrimmage for a bit and really liked what I seen.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on April 11, 2015, 01:23:10 pm

And that, is what we're all hoping for
This is my non-signature signature.

WilsonHog

@RazNation: "Bielema on number 2 QB: Ty continues to make strides during practice. Austin can really throw the ball.  Can't do enough competition wise."

presidenthog

How did Kirkland look? Who is becoming the leader at d line?

presidenthog

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 11, 2015, 01:34:32 pm
@RazNation: "Bielema on number 2 QB: Ty continues to make strides during practice. Austin can really throw the ball.  Can't do enough competition wise."
This is very encouraging for us on team Ty for next year

Theolesnort

April 11, 2015, 02:45:13 pm #30 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:49:27 pm by Theolesnort
If the online is as good as is being said then the line is superb. Austin Allen and the line were the two things that stood out today. Some of this may be Because Smith knows the offense pretty well and was making the calls for the defense. He sure made it hard for the offense. Make the online the oline.Make the line the dline. Typing on a Mobil device.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Theolesnort

Quote from: presidenthog on April 11, 2015, 01:38:20 pm
How did Kirkland look? Who is becoming the leader at d line?
A bunch of them did well on the dline.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

WorfHog

Quote from: 20hog11 on April 11, 2015, 12:44:19 pm
Kody Walker getting a lot of reps at RB with JWill out and collins banged up. He's looking good today. Pretty thin at rb. R. Williams may have to come in and contribute right away with the rb postion being thin.

Went to Deluxe Burger after the scrim and had Rawleigh Williams III and family at one table next to me and Coach Smith at another. Great day for football.

The first team lines look good, Kirkland didn't have any major problems that I noticed. Seemed like Hjalte Froholdt got some reps with the ones and our oline had to double team him. He's a man out there. QB play was ok, but it's really hard to tell who's throwing unless is BA.  Cole Hedland was wearing 9 (which is usually Rafe's number) and kicked a long one to end the scrim. Reid Miller made some plays against the third team O, but he is tiny. All and all it was a lot of fun.

HogFan1973

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on April 11, 2015, 01:23:10 pm

I was very eager to hear how Hedlund would do today.  This is very encouraging news.

tophawg19

Hawkins was reported at 4.23 coming out of h/s as the 2nd fastest player in Texas that year. He.runs track at the u of a
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: lumphog on April 11, 2015, 11:39:04 am

Tanner English fast.....that's how fast.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Mike Irwin

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 11, 2015, 04:36:16 pm
Hawkins has really improved. He's starting to get open consistently. He didn't have the big play like last week but he did the work today. He'll do some things this fall.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 11, 2015, 04:36:16 pm

Whoa there buddy, that's not possible. Don't be putting that kind of pressure on him.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2015, 05:01:22 pm
Hawkins has really improved. He's starting to get open consistently. He didn't have the big play like last week but he did the work today. He'll do some things this fall.
I'm excited about Hawkins. Get these guys the ball & let them make a play. I think some of our skill guys have lacked that opportunity.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2015, 05:15:27 pm
Whoa there buddy, that's not possible. Don't be putting that kind of pressure on him.

That kind of speed is legendary.

DOGALUM

How good is Hjalte looking?   He's already my fave defensive player.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DOGALUM on April 11, 2015, 05:38:55 pm
How good is Hjalte looking?   He's already my fave defensive player.

Reports are that he is exceptional, and that might be an understatement.
This is my non-signature signature.

26.2Hog

Quote from: lumphog on April 11, 2015, 11:39:04 am

He doesn't run like a cheetah.  He's so fast cheetahs run like him!

Rzback

April 13, 2015, 05:34:50 am #43 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:17:38 pm by Rzback
Millers # Saturday was 22
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

jbu5

Hawkins gives Tanner English a head start.