Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brad Bolding hearing is on now

Started by Wayne Watson, April 09, 2015, 05:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigpiggin

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2015, 08:34:17 am
I can understand why the attorney did it.  He's making money.  But Bolding KNEW what he did.  Why would he go through with it?  My only guess is that with all the rumors going on with KJ and bama boosters and what not, he thought that getting the facts out there would clear the air and people would think "well it wasn't THAT bad after all".  I can't think of any other explanation for him forcing the issue.
In his own mind he probably thinks his administrators are out to get him because they don't get along. He has probably convinced himself that this is how all the other coaches operate and he feels justified with his actions. He probably made it personal and believes his own nonsense.  This is the only reason I can see him being this stubborn.

hoglady

Quote from: idochog on April 10, 2015, 08:22:35 am
Bolding nor couch did their careers any favors by pursuing this

Won't hurt Couch.
He's not a litigator - he's an insurance attorney specializing in nursing home cases. Probably is good at negotiating settlements but I bet has little experience in the courtroom. Bolding needed (needs) a trial attorney.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Ā 

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on April 10, 2015, 09:06:31 am
Won't hurt Couch.
He's not a litigator - he's an insurance attorney specializing in nursing home cases. Probably is good at negotiating settlements but I bet has little experience in the courtroom. Bolding needed (needs) a trial attorney.

So are you on Bolding's side here?  It sure has seemed like it from what I've seen.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2015, 09:10:36 am
So are you on Bolding's side here?  It sure has seemed like it from what I've seen.

I think this a fine mess created by Bolding, the AD and the school district.
It'll all be settled in court I guess.
Everything about this mess - could have and should have been handled better.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on April 10, 2015, 09:40:46 am
I think this a fine mess created by Bolding, the AD and the school district.
It'll all be settled in court I guess.
Everything about this mess - could have and should have been handled better.

What could the district have done differently when they warned BB multiple times to stop, and he did not? 

TrueBlue

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2015, 09:44:07 am
What could the district have done differently when they warned BB multiple times to stop, and he did not? 

Look back.

She has defended Montez, Hill, and Bolding from the beginning.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 10, 2015, 10:04:19 am
Look back.

She has defended Montez, Hill, and Bolding from the beginning.

I know, that's why I was asking her those questions.  She claims to not have an agenda, but it seems pretty obvious.

Hogfly

I'm from Conway originally and around the Bolding boys' age. As such, I have a ton of people in my Facebook feed that know the family. The unwavering, blind allegiance in the face of the facts would be entertaining if it weren't so alarming. Much of it seems to be tied to the fact that the Boldings are a "fine Christian family."

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogfly on April 10, 2015, 10:10:50 am
I'm from Conway originally and around the Bolding boys' age. As such, I have a ton of people in my Facebook feed that know the family. The unwavering, blind allegiance in the face of the facts would be entertaining if it weren't so alarming. Much of it seems to be tied to the fact that the Boldings are a "fine Christian family."

They may be, but they are a fine Christian family led by someone who is either dishonest, dumb, or a bit of both.

Bigpiggin

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2015, 10:17:53 am
They may be, but they are a fine Christian family led by someone who is either dishonest, dumb, or a bit of both.
Spot on. He is lucky he wasn't fired after the first incident. He was brought in and told this is how we do things from now on and he went against those orders. Not sure how this could have turned out differently.

OLDHOG

I don't doubt his Christianity in the least, would not ever do that. Maybe a bit of arrogance.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OLDHOG on April 10, 2015, 11:29:16 am
I don't doubt his Christianity in the least, would not ever do that. Maybe a bit of arrogance.

We call them backsliders in my family...............................I should know I'm considered one.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogfly on April 10, 2015, 10:10:50 am

See Justin Harris. "Fine Christan Family" doesn't mean much unless they are truly living it.

Ā 

Hogfly

Quote from: OLDHOG on April 10, 2015, 11:29:16 am

I'm not doubting his Christianity at all, but being Christian doesn't preclude him from making mistakes and/or being dishonest. That's what kind of bothers me: when believers think someone can't do something wrong because they're Christian, so they must be innocent.

RobGob

Won't hurt Couch.

Do you practice? He should hire you.  You've done a better job defending him these past few months than Couch has.

thebignasty

I didnt want to see him fired, the way he has squandered the embarrassment of talent that's rolled through NLR over the last half decade has been truly spectacular. 

Hogfly

Quote from: thebignasty on April 10, 2015, 12:01:48 pm
I didnt want to see him fired, the way he has squandered the embarrassment of talent that's rolled through NLR over the last half decade has been truly spectacular.

Hah. Talking to a coach for Fayetteville, that was basically his take. Said that he's never seen a more talented and athletic team than what NLR fielded in 2012. He said that Fayetteville had no business even competing with them, much less beating them. Yet.. they beat them in the playoffs.

Justifiable Hogicide

Even Mohair Sam couldn't save him Behind Closed Doors:

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 10, 2015, 05:56:33 am

From what I've read I hope Bolding didn't pay for that attorney!

Unconfirmed rumor says he was paid with proceeds of hot dog sales.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Tusks

Not to take a shot at his wife but she sure looks a little 'enhanced' to me......while living in dallas,tx I found many a girls that way and developed a keen eye to it.  maybe that's where some of the money went to.

I don't know why they had this hearing......just take it to court and fight it.....this was a very poor idea.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Calling All Hogs

Looks like the Montez legacy of causing 10 football games and 24 boys basketball games (and a basketball state championship) to be forfeited will live on forever.

Bigpiggin

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on April 10, 2015, 01:08:05 pm
Looks like the Montez legacy of causing 10 football games and 24 boys basketball games (and a basketball state championship) to be forfeited will live on forever.
He really is a piece of work. Totally wiling to risk his stepsons opportunities and accomplishments as well as the accomplishments of other kids all for his own personal gain.

I'm am not even mad at KJ. I don't think he has the maturity to break away from that yet. I probably wouldn't have either at that age. Montez will get exposed eventually for what has gone on and it will be fun to watch.

thebignasty

Quote from: Hogfly on April 10, 2015, 12:16:56 pm
Hah. Talking to a coach for Fayetteville, that was basically his take. Said that he's never seen a more talented and athletic team than what NLR fielded in 2012. He said that Fayetteville had no business even competing with them, much less beating them. Yet.. they beat them in the playoffs.
At NLR.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogfly on April 10, 2015, 06:40:54 am
Where will Bolding land? I'm sure he could find a job at another high school, though coaches I know aren't real impressed with his actual coaching ability. Most of them feel he is a style over substance guy who does "less with more" than other coaches when examining his talent pool and resources.

One wild idea would be for him to end up at Auburn in some capacity. I'm pretty sure he has ties to the Horton family, since they're all Conway folks.

If he is unable to get a Head Coaching job, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his brother hired him as an assistant coach for the Pine Bluff Zebras.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ā 

Bigpiggin

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2015, 02:03:53 pm
If he is unable to get a Head Coaching job, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his brother hired him as an assistant coach for the Pine Bluff Zebras.
I am sure his brother would but I don't know if the school would allow it. He may be considered too toxic in Arkansas now. He would have been in better shape walking away and not letting this play out in public the way it has.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

pigture perfect

He tried to pull off the Malzahn gambit and got caught.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PEtrader

Bolding claimed he didn't know what the large line item titled "Visions"  was.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

ricepig

@JeremyMuckADG: North Little Rock's football coaching position is posted on the AAA website & other sites. Application deadline April 24. #arpreps #ArkDG

idochog

Bolding committed career suicide by chasing this public hearing
I love Jesus!

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2015, 04:49:43 pm
@JeremyMuckADG: North Little Rock's football coaching position is posted on the AAA website & other sites. Application deadline April 24. #arpreps #ArkDG
they should have just posted it on hogville.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ā€• Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." ā€“ Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Porked Tongue

My guess is they already know who they'll hire.

Augustus

What shocked me was how long Bolding and his lawyer had to prepare for this, and to me they both came off like they had no idea what they were doing.

If Bolding takes this to Civil Court, he better shop around. Reading some add'l comments above about his lawyer helps explain last night's performance.

But, Good Lord... the defense of "I'm just a good ol' boy and grew up here... It's all about the kids... all of that financial stuff is just confusing" had me shaking my head.

GroƟer Kriegschwein

Did seem pretty amateur to me. Hopefully he can come up with item by item he purchased. If not, he could be hit hard in civil court
This is my non-signature signature.

bwbcpa

I served several years on a local school board and during my tenure, we had a total of three employee grievance hearings, two closed, one open. The two closed hearings were well presented by both sides and ended with a good resolution, but not so with the open hearing. When notified by the employee that he was requesting an open hearing, I encouraged him to reconsider - my reasoning being that, in a public hearing, you are asking the board to overturn the recommendation of that teacher's supervisor and that recommendation has usually been well documented. It would be administrative suicide to undermine the supervisor by overturning that decision in public. Most boards would not do so in a public forum.

hoglady

Quote from: RobGob on April 10, 2015, 11:43:37 am
Do you practice? He should hire you.  You've done a better job defending him these past few months than Couch has.

Not an attorney, but I know enough to know they specialize and most aren't good at or know very little once they get out of their field of specialty.
I wouldn't hire a divorce attorney if I needed real estate work done.
If I need an attorney to represent me in court or at a public hearing it would be the best orator I could afford.

hoglady

Quote from: thebignasty on April 10, 2015, 12:01:48 pm

Bolding was a dream compared to some of the coach's before him. The coach right before him who went to NLR from McClellan was really good.
The one's before him were so awful, NLR couldn't even make the playoffs.

Danimal

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on April 10, 2015, 12:54:25 pm
Even Mohair Sam couldn't save him Behind Closed Doors:
Lotta hair product in that photo...

BPsTheMan

The breeding ground of Arkansas high school football is a wonderful thing, but it also creates a line of sociopaths inclined to lose their minds in pursuit of legendary pancake breakfast status. 

Sad. Bolding is spending all his embezzled money to pay a lawyer to "cast doubt", so he can move forward and spend the rest of his life claiming he was done wrong.

Vintage Arkansas. If you're not old money, at least if your family's name has been in the newspaper enough, you can act like old money.

Then when the sh&t really hits the fan later, you move to Colorado or New Mexico or Gulf Shores.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 10, 2015, 08:53:18 pm
The breeding ground of Arkansas high school football is a wonderful thing, but it also creates a line of sociopaths inclined to lose their minds in pursuit of legendary pancake breakfast status. 

Sad. Bolding is spending all his embezzled money to pay a lawyer to "cast doubt", so he can move forward and spend the rest of his life claiming he was done wrong.

Vintage Arkansas. If you're not old money, at least if your family's name has been in the newspaper enough, you can act like old money.

Then when the sh&t really hits the fan later, you move to Colorado or New Mexico or Gulf Shores.

This bastard was an assistant football coach in Batesville when I was in school early 80's. He used to have a bunch of hs kids come to his apartment. Some of the girls back then recently told me he was much more interested in the boys. Explains why some of the guys I know that went there later had problems with drugs, alcohol, ect...

http://www.kait8.com/story/1508902/former-marked-tree-coach-charged-with-sex-related-crimes

Potosihog

Why while they had people under oath would they not have asked the question of where the 100K came from.............Unless they did not want the answer

linkshog

So he's basically fired for skirting the school districts purchasing process. Not for stealing money or using it for personal gain. He obviously spent it on the kids.  Nobody argues this. Being an NLR alum and booster to all foundations and clubs (even drama club), I'm not so sure it's a fire able offens. Maybe suspension, and clarifications on booster/foundation involvement put to paper. The districts argument about "inventory" and "being audited" doesn't fly. The documentation clearly states those items were purchased and owned by the foundations. The district only used them. But I do hate Bolding didn't do a better job of comminicating and working with the AD/district on the money issues at hand. Bad business on both parts. Not enough accountability on both parts.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

hogfan870

Won't hurt Couch.

You really are just trying to prove that you talk definitively about things you clearly know very little about.  Handling nursing home cases is nothing but litigation. He is a Plaintiff's lawyer - not an insurance lawyer.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: linkshog on April 10, 2015, 10:59:23 pm
So he's basically fired for skirting the school districts purchasing process. Not for stealing money or using it for personal gain. He obviously spent it on the kids.  Nobody argues this. Being an NLR alum and booster to all foundations and clubs (even drama club), I'm not so sure it's a fire able offens. Maybe suspension, and clarifications on booster/foundation involvement put to paper. The districts argument about "inventory" and "being audited" doesn't fly. The documentation clearly states those items were purchased and owned by the foundations. The district only used them. But I do hate Bolding didn't do a better job of comminicating and working with the AD/district on the money issues at hand. Bad business on both parts. Not enough accountability on both parts.

Private contributions to a public institution's "booster club's" are becoming an issue across the country.. Here's a couple of examples...

http://oig.ssa.gov/audits-and-investigations/investigations/husband-and-wife-sentenced-prison-booster-club-scandal

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/news/controversy-scandals-nag-high-school-booster-clubs/article_32d1417a-48df-11e4-9aae-5723698fef5c.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booster_club 
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: linkshog on April 10, 2015, 10:59:23 pm

He has put the school in a terrible position by mishandling the booster money. Title ix lawsuit just waiting to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendy-n-powell/athletic-boosters-beware-_b_5060862.html

http://www.momentummedia.com/articles/am/am1302/booster.htm

http://www.walterhav.com/pubs/Outline-Managing-Boosters-and-Other-Outside-Groups.pdf

hoglady

April 11, 2015, 07:09:02 am #195 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:22:14 am by hoglady
Quote from: hogfan870 on April 11, 2015, 01:58:34 am
You really are just trying to prove that you talk definitively about things you clearly know very little about.  Handling nursing home cases is nothing but litigation. He is a Plaintiff's lawyer - not an insurance lawyer.

Don't you believe the vast majority of cases are settled out of court.
It's hard to believe he spends most of his time in a courtroom in front of a jury and could have failed so miserably at that hearing.

hoglady

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 11, 2015, 06:03:54 am
Private contributions to a public institution's "booster club's" are becoming an issue across the country.. Here's a couple of examples...

http://oig.ssa.gov/audits-and-investigations/investigations/husband-and-wife-sentenced-prison-booster-club-scandal

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/news/controversy-scandals-nag-high-school-booster-clubs/article_32d1417a-48df-11e4-9aae-5723698fef5c.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booster_club 

The foundation and the booster club are 2 separate entities.
They talked extensively about the difference during the latter part of the hearing.

TulsaJack32

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on April 11, 2015, 07:00:50 am
He has put the school in a terrible position by mishandling the booster money. Title ix lawsuit just waiting to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendy-n-powell/athletic-boosters-beware-_b_5060862.html

http://www.momentummedia.com/articles/am/am1302/booster.htm

http://www.walterhav.com/pubs/Outline-Managing-Boosters-and-Other-Outside-Groups.pdf

This is where the implementation and enforcement of Title IX is a joke.  I'm all for everyone having an equal opportunity, however, when groups go out and raise money for their sport or team it should be their benefit alone.  Everyone has the opportunity to raise funds.  I don't see how any HONEST or logical person can sit there and argue that you go out and raise money to improve your lot however you can't do anything with it unless you give half your money to the other group or do the same thing for them. 

gawntrail

Quote from: TulsaJack32 on April 11, 2015, 12:28:32 pm
This is where the implementation and enforcement of Title IX is a joke.  I'm all for everyone having an equal opportunity, however, when groups go out and raise money for their sport or team it should be their benefit alone.  Everyone has the opportunity to raise funds.  I don't see how any HONEST or logical person can sit there and argue that you go out and raise money to improve your lot however you can't do anything with it unless you give half your money to the other group or do the same thing for them.

Its called re-dis-tri-buuuuu-tion.  Taking from the producers, giving to the takers. 

grayhawg

Quote from: gawntrail on April 12, 2015, 12:57:11 am
Its called re-dis-tri-buuuuu-tion.  Taking from the producers, giving to the takers. 
Kinda like the federal government?