Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watched all the incoming freshmen's highlights. Deon Stewart looks like Tedd Ginn Jr.

Started by Country Stylz, April 09, 2015, 01:20:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

There's not one incoming player that I'm not excited about.  It was a great class.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Stewart's conference was probably the weakest that any incoming freshman is coming from. Having said that, he has a lot of ability, and they offered him early. I think he'll redshirt, and contribute every year going forward.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Mike Irwin

Not a lot of top end speed but very good quickness and a solid ability to stop, start and change directions. A deceptive five yard burst, the kind that gets you open in a crowd. Plus he's got running back moves after the catch. 

I like what I saw. Taking it to the next level is always the issue. Some do. Some don't.

HawgnCorona

Im liking what im hearing about this guy...I hope he develops into something special. If he can use his abilities get yards after the catch. Then his chances of making an impact for the Razorbacks  should be good.

Playing on Sunday like you said, some do, some dont.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 09, 2015, 02:03:36 pm
Not a lot of top end speed but very good quickness and a solid ability to stop, start and change directions. A deceptive five yard burst, the kind that gets you open in a crowd. Plus he's got running back moves after the catch. 

I like what I saw. Taking it to the next level is always the issue. Some do. Some don't.

Sounds like a great kid.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WayneHawg

I remember Ted G running kickoffs back for touchdowns in college, elite speed

Cure

Don't compare him to Ted Ginn Jr, that isn't fair to the kid.

He's certainly a burner with some shake, but don't put that much expectation on him early.

I do think he will be the goods in due time though, he has the tools.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

supersaint

It looks like he can read the play before it's called. He must be close with his coach. His stance in the huddle is a little off. He should drop his head more to allow the OL a clear view of the QB's lips. I do like his flair for the dramatic, though. When it's time for him to run, he puts one foot in front of the other real fast. Once he ups his guile and skullduggery quotient, the sky's the limit.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 01:46:40 pm
Stewart's conference was probably the weakest that any incoming freshman is coming from. Having said that, he has a lot of ability, and they offered him early. I think he'll redshirt, and contribute every year going forward.
At the time, Korliss Marshall played in the same "weak" conference.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

bennyl08

Quote from: Cure on April 09, 2015, 04:54:04 pm
Don't compare him to Ted Ginn Jr, that isn't fair to the kid.

He's certainly a burner with some shake, but don't put that much expectation on him early.

I do think he will be the goods in due time though, he has the tools.

I don't think that really puts expectations on him. The example I like to use is Knile Davis. He reminds me a lot of Arian foster in running style and such. However, at the time Arian Foster was near the top of the RB pecking order and Knile hadn't played a snap in the NFL. I would consider a comparison to Bryce Brown to be equally valid. Of course, as far as NFL backs go, comparing the two would be very unfair to Foster as far as success goes. However, I wasn't comparing success, I was comparing running styles.

So, if the comparison to Bryce is equally as valid to the comparison as Foster, then clearly running style is not a predictor of success in the NFL so no expectations are being unfairly placed. However, more people are familiar with Foster than Brown, so it makes a lot more sense to do that.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 09:11:08 pm
It's still weak, doesn't change it any.

A weak conference doesn't define a player's ability.
He did have 6 catches for over 100 yds vs. Midland Tx Christian. Including a 71-yard TD reception.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 09:11:08 pm
It's still weak, doesn't change it any.

Doesn't make the kids he's burning slow because you said he's in a weak conference. My question is, is he in a slow conference..?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

supersaint

Playing in a weak conference might hurt his mojo and make him feel like a worthless piece of crap.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 09, 2015, 09:19:07 pm
A weak conference doesn't define a player's ability.
He did have 6 catches for over 100 yds vs. Midland Tx Christian. Including a 71-yard TD reception.

Where did I say it did? I said it was hard to go by his film because of the weak conference. I also said the coaches really liked him and offered him early.

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 09, 2015, 09:22:36 pm
Doesn't make the kids he's burning slow because you said he's in a weak conference. My question is, is he in a slow conference..?

I haven't seen their ACT scores to know if it's a "slow" conference......

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 09:30:49 pm
I haven't seen their ACT scores to know if it's a "slow" conference......

+1  Bazinga..!  You got me bro..

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 09:29:28 pm

Where did I say it did? I said it was hard to go by his film because of the weak conference. I also said the coaches really liked him and offered him early.

Then why make the "weak conference" comment? He obviously excelled in non-conference & playoff games (against better competition).

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 09, 2015, 09:39:32 pm
Then why make the "weak conference" comment? He obviously excelled in non-conference & playoff games (against better competition).

Because the OP said he watched all the incoming highlights and I said it was hard to gauge them off of the weak conference foes, fairly obvious why I did.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 09:44:47 pm
Because the OP said he watched all the incoming highlights and I said it was hard to gauge them off of the weak conference foes, fairly obvious why I did.

I know it's hard for some in NEA to admit there are good athletes outside of Craighead County.  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 09, 2015, 09:47:05 pm
I know it's hard for some in NEA to admit there are good athletes outside of Craighead County.  ;)

Dude, if you can remember back that far, we both played in a weak conference, in fact, Highland was in it. Also, the two weakest teams in their conference now, are Craighead County schools, busted...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2015, 09:52:37 pm
Dude, if you can remember back that far, we both played in a weak conference, in fact, Highland was in it. Also, the two weakest teams in their conference now, are Craighead County schools, busted...

Busted?.....Ha! Okay, you win. Don't ask me to remember that far back!  ;)
I've watched Deon play since he was a kid. The dude can play.

Cinco de Hogo

If Neon Deon needs to learn any skullduggery he can certainly visit this thread to freshen up real quick.  :)

DeltaBoy

We will have to wait and see if this young man got the same skill set at Ted.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.