Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Less worried about incoming freshman

Started by vbgonz46, April 08, 2015, 09:07:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgonz46

April 08, 2015, 09:07:18 pm Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:17:31 pm by vbgonz46
Than In a very long long time in regards to needing help.  I am trusting the development and coaching ability to elevate this program .  What do you think ?? 

Ps sorry for party rockin
Date Registered:  December 10, 2004, 12:43:54 AM

reddogjcss

The improvement from 1-2 year was amazing. Should continue

JIHawg

Other than the JC receiver, we really don't have to have any of those guys this year.  It would be nice if we could add some linebacker depth, but it is hard to imagine they could get SEC ready.  The running backs might be needed if we have injuries.

swinesation

Well, we're obviously gonna benefit from the play of Froholdt and JC Ledbetter, maybe Jamario Bell. And certainly JC Reed.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: vbgonz46 on April 08, 2015, 09:07:18 pm
Than In a very long long time in regards to needing help.  I am trusting the development and coaching ability to elevate this program .  What do you think ?? 

Ps sorry for party rockin

The Next Two years should prove you right and make ALL of us really happy to be Hog fans..! If not it's my fault for being right twice in one day...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bennyl08

We will have no choice but to utilize new guys in the two deep at LB and probably on the OL as well. We also need some of their depth at TE. Still, we should be mostly fine. We don't need new guys to come in and desperately start for us barring injury.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JIHawg on April 08, 2015, 10:58:00 pm
Other than the JC receiver, we really don't have to have any of those guys this year.  It would be nice if we could add some linebacker depth, but it is hard to imagine they could get SEC ready.  The running backs might be needed if we have injuries.
I think there is more than you think that will play this year.  I would say somewhere around  7-12 depending on how they develop do not Redshirt.

JackJohnson

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 09, 2015, 10:28:54 am
  I think there is more than you think that will play this year.  I would say somewhere around  7-12 depending on how they develop do not Redshirt.

I am fine with true Fr playing- provided they are actually PLAYING.  At some point we have to do a better job of redshirting kids rather than playing them for a handful of games in mop up duty in blowouts or the occasional special teams.

IMO- In this years class, the only "needs" based on how we are looking right now in spring would be:

1- R.Williams- with Day's injury and Evans likely to not contribute he should be in line for quite a few carries as the 3rd back
2- Merrick- likely too talented to keep off the field, however I would redshirt unless he is in line for the type of role that Ragnow had last year- who played over 200 snaps
3- Z.Rogers- same as Merrick
4- J.Allen- same as Merrick and Rogers
5- Froholdt- is already carving out a role in the DL rotation and should make a nice contribution this year
6 and 7- I figure 2 of the LB's between Greenlaw, Graham and Jackson will play just based off the limited depth chart.  Would like for 2 to be able to redshirt but not sure if possible.  1 for sure should be able to though

Outside of the above- I just don't see a NEED for any others to play.  Our depth chart is either deep, talented, or both elsewhere. 

Bkhardicars

I agree. The ones that can contribute, play Em. I'd like to see us go more the route of what we did with Brian Wallace.Hope we get to red shirt the majority.