Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring football bullet points

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 08, 2015, 09:57:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on April 08, 2015, 02:52:55 pm
So Henry is two time All SEC but now suddenly Sprinkle is better and will have more impact next year? A guy just writes an article a month ago naming Henry the SEC Toughest Matchup (the SEC!) but somehow Sprinkle or Gragg is going to takeover for Henry and be the #1 guy. What has Sprinkle done? He's been up there three years and I have not seen anything. I watched him get blown up blocking and drop quite a few key passes just last year. On the key 4th down play at A&M it was Sprinkle's man who made the tackle and we lost the game. HH is a gamer. He started as a true freshman and beat out a senior (Tate). Last year at Miss State he single handily kept us in the game. Last year every single team keyed on him and he still made plays. And that's why the NFL already has him as one of the highest rated TEs in the country as a junior but according to Hogville we need to wait until spring is over to see who the #1 TE is.
I am sure you remember everyone demanding KM get more carries last year and discussing non-stop how he might be the best RB on the team.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawginbigd1

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on April 10, 2015, 08:13:35 am
Did you watch the Hog games last year? Sprinkle didn't even play last year. Its hard to run behind a player that is on the bench.
Well this comment shows you are clearly........

lumphog

Quote from: LZH on April 09, 2015, 05:25:07 pm
Don't encourage him.
YOU.....aint no slouch  +1   ;)   #SHEitSTIRRERS

razorback44

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 10, 2015, 08:37:15 am
According to the NCAA he played in all 13 games last year and had 7 receptions for 84 yards and 1 TD with an average reception of 12 yards. Now how many plays did he play on average per game? That is another question.

Of course he played in all 13 games. He was on special teams.

He was our #3 option at TE and never caught more than a single pass in a game. He probably was in on 10 or less actual offensive plays per game prior to the Mizzou and Texas games.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: razorback44 on April 10, 2015, 06:25:52 pm
Of course he played in all 13 games. It's called being on special teams.

He was our #3 option at TE and never caught more than a single pass in a game. He probably was in on 10 or less actual offensive plays per game prior to the Mizzou and Texas games.

Considering we ran a two TE set a lot of the time last year, that would have put him on the field more than 10 plays per game. But I don't have the actual number of plays that he played for fact. Do you? I can only surmise that being the #3 TE (as you say) and Derby having been hurt quite a lot last year, that he saw the field more often than 10 plays per game and those couldn't have been limited to just ST's.

Not certain why there is so much negativity about Sprinkle? Everyone knows that Henry is the #1 TE and that it is his to lose. Is there a problem with some of you knowing that Henry is getting some competition this Spring because other players have improved? Personally I think that is good news for Henry. It will make him better than he has ever been before and having another TE and better receivers that are increased threats, will keep teams from keying on Henry. I see positives, not negatives.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: lumphog on April 10, 2015, 01:14:55 pm
YOU.....aint no slouch  +1   ;)   #SHEitSTIRRERS

Ha!  Touche my friend, touche.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 10, 2015, 06:39:09 pm
Considering we ran a two TE set a lot of the time last year, that would have put him on the field more than 10 plays per game. But I don't have the actual number of plays that he played for fact. Do you? I can only surmise that being the #3 TE (as you say) and Derby having been hurt quite a lot last year, that he saw the field more often than 10 plays per game and those couldn't have been limited to just ST's.

Not certain why there is so much negativity about Sprinkle? Everyone knows that Henry is the #1 TE and that it is his to lose. Is there a problem with some of you knowing that Henry is getting some competition this Spring because other players have improved? Personally I think that is good news for Henry. It will make him better than he has ever been before and having another TE and better receivers that are increased threats, will keep teams from keying on Henry. I see positives, not negatives.
No one is negative on Sprinkle. Good for him and I hope he has a great year. How do you even know that Sprinkle is pushing Henry? I mean everything I'm hearing is that HH is having another great spring and doing great.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on April 10, 2015, 06:54:03 pm
No one is negative on Sprinkle. Good for him and I hope he has a great year. How do you even know that Sprinkle is pushing Henry? I mean everything I'm hearing is that HH is having another great spring and doing great.

I think that Henry is having another very "Henry-like" Spring, which means, he is doing very well. The coaching staff has talked about the strides that everyone is making, including Sprinkle. I doubt anyone is going to surpass Henry because he is just that good, but there isn't anything wrong, as I have said about 5 times now, with everyone else improving and creating competition, which makes everyone else better, the whole team better.

Apparently there are some posters who shudder to think that anyone might have improved to the point to be able to compete with Henry. And as I have said before, if that is true that is nothing but good news for the team, and for Henry. Competition makes everyone better.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 10, 2015, 07:06:05 pm
I think that Henry is having another very "Henry-like" Spring, which means, he is doing very well. The coaching staff has talked about the strides that everyone is making, including Sprinkle. I doubt anyone is going to surpass Henry because he is just that good, but there isn't anything wrong, as I have said about 5 times now, with everyone else improving and creating competition, which makes everyone else better, the whole team better.

Apparently there are some posters who shudder to think that anyone might have improved to the point to be able to compete with Henry. And as I have said before, if that is true that is nothing but good news for the team, and for Henry. Competition makes everyone better.

I don't care if all three of the guys we signed replace these guys, because that means we are better. I'm a Razorback fan, the name on the back means nothing.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2015, 07:21:51 pm
I don't care if all three of the guys we signed replace these guys, because that means we are better. I'm a Razorback fan, the name on the back means nothing.

Hunter Henry is too good already to be supplanted but I am happy to hear that "Sprink" has made considerable improvement and might be providing some competition. That is good for everyone.

I know that there are plenty of folks who hope that Gragg is going to earn a starting role. He may work his way into the rotation, but I doubt he starts this year. If he does, as you say, it just means we have improved that much, and that can't be anything but good. Time will tell.

And yeah, there are two more guys in O'Grady and Cantrell that have yet to step foot on campus who may wind up seeing some playing time this year. Again, that is a "wait and see" proposition. How good are these kids? How SEC ready are they? We will find out this summer and in August.

I know we landed three pretty doggone talented TE's that might be good enough athlete's to contribute in other roles than just TE.

We should all be happy. The competition level has increased across the board on both sides of the ball and that just makes us a better team overall.
Go Hogs Go!