Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Murf Baldwin Interviews Brian Wozniak about CBB's TE Scheme

Started by HogWildBison2011, April 07, 2015, 01:55:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

Everyone be sure to go catch Murf's interview with Brian Wozniak(http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Brian+Wozniak). It is a great insight on our scheme and what to look forward to in the future!

Be sure to check them out on the VSporto app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/razorback-sports-radio/id979905284?mt=8

And you can catch them on Stitcher and Itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ball-hawg-podcast/id975078933?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fsecconferencecall.com%2F%3Fp%3D103

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on April 07, 2015, 01:55:06 pm
Everyone be sure to go catch Murf's interview with Brian Wozniak(http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Brian+Wozniak). It is a great insight on our scheme and what to look forward to in the future!

Be sure to check them out on the VSporto app

And you can catch them on Stitcher and Itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ball-hawg-podcast/id975078933?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fsecconferencecall.com%2F%3Fp%3D103

Thanks, I enjoy listening to Podcasts!  Great for when I am traveling in the car!

Vantage 8 dude

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on April 07, 2015, 04:19:45 pm
I bet Poppa or Gargamel did it.
Perhaps the same ones who also named a young lady I once knew "Muffin". You don't think she didn't take some major "heat" about that? LOL I just never understood exactly why she never had her name legally changed. Then again, with a name like that she WAS unforgettable.  ;D 8)

ICEman

What does a computer company co-founder know about football?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

SECisKing

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 07, 2015, 07:44:04 pm
Short for Murphy possibly?

Bingo!

SMH at some people, though. The anonymity of the internet, huh PP? 
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

SECisKing

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on April 07, 2015, 03:32:51 pm
Thanks, I enjoy listening to Podcasts!  Great for when I am traveling in the car!

You should like this one, for sure...Grab that Razorback Sports Radio app, Red Skies.

SECisKing

Anybody out there get a chance to check out this particular episode? I think Wozniak, former Wisconsin TE, really gave us some insight into Coach B's philosophy on offense.

I asked him if top-flight QBs and receivers were a necessity in the scheme. You'll definitely want to check out his answer to that, and more...

I know some of the stuff on Ball Hawg can get a little technical, but that's why I love most of the ppl on Hogville as I'm trying to only appeal to the more savvy fans, ya know?

Thanks to the OP for pointing out this show, too.

Biggus Piggus

Please guys - eliminate the absolutely idiotic and unnecessarily insulting comments.
[CENSORED]!

luke hawg

Quote from: SECisKing on April 08, 2015, 10:25:58 am
Anybody out there get a chance to check out this particular episode? I think Wozniak, former Wisconsin TE, really gave us some insight into Coach B's philosophy on offense.

I asked him if top-flight QBs and receivers were a necessity in the scheme. You'll definitely want to check out his answer to that, and more...

I know some of the stuff on Ball Hawg can get a little technical, but that's why I love most of the ppl on Hogville as I'm trying to only appeal to the more savvy fans, ya know?

Thanks to the OP for pointing out this show, too.

You are really bringing a lot to this site, much appreciated. I never played football but enjoy the game. The technical insite you bring is really adding to the experience.

jgphillips3

April 11, 2015, 11:20:05 am #11 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:30:46 am by jgphillips3
Murf is actually bringing good info and knowledge to the board.  He's the kind of guy, like Mike Irwin, that we used to have a lot of on here that made this board great.  All I want to ask, for those who feel the need to insult him or denigrate his work, please find another forum to showcase your insecurity and stupidity.  For those of us who enjoy insightful posters, please do us that favor.  There are plenty of other places you can measure your D&@# with other guys than on here...you know?

JoeyCapital

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 11, 2015, 11:20:05 am
Murf is actually bringing good info and knowledge to the board.  He's the kind of guy, like Mike Irwin, that we used to have a lot of on here that made this board great.  All I want to ask, for those who feel the need to insult him or denigrate his work, please find another forum to showcase your insecurity and stupidity.  For those of us who enjoy insightful posters, please do us that favor.  There are plenty of other places you can measure your D&@# with other guys than on here...you know?
I'm golf2day, and I support this message.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Großer Kriegschwein

I agree with Phil. The people giving him smack about whatever have probably, at some point in the past, complained about the media being homers for other programs in the SEC. Murph on the other hand, is answering a lot of quasi-technical questions about the philosophy of our offense and defense that if you tried, just a little bit, would help you understand what the end-game SHOULD look like once everything is shored up as far as development and recruiting are concerned.

Unfortunately some fans have a pre-conceived notion of BB's offensive philosophy that is akin to their distaste for HDN's. When the two couldn't possibly be more different if you understand what you're looking at.

Keep it up Murph. I just subscribed to your Podcast. If you're ever in CENLA, hit me up. I got da-bomb crawfish boil. Just sayin.
This is my non-signature signature.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 08, 2015, 10:31:10 am
Please guys - eliminate the absolutely idiotic and unnecessarily insulting comments.

That's one of the main reasons I stopped moderating this site.  Threats by admins to delete and ban for this were always made but rarely were accounts deleted or banned. Seriously, anyone giving Murph crap needs to be kicked to the curb by Lanny, Douglas or Tom  :razorback:

chitwnhog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 11, 2015, 11:55:25 am
That's one of the main reasons I stopped moderating this site.  Threats by admins to delete and ban for this were always made but rarely were accounts deleted or banned. Seriously, anyone giving Murph crap needs to be kicked to the curb by Lanny, Douglas or Tom  :razorback:

Agreed...

SooiecidetillNuttgone

It's truly a diff site now than just 3-4 years ago.  Meaner. More aggressive.  Bloodthirsty.  And unfortunately, many times just flat out bad-chromosomes stupid.

Glad to see you post again.  I rarely get to see your bouncy avatar on here.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SECisKing

Quote from: luke hawg on April 11, 2015, 10:58:59 am
You are really bringing a lot to this site, much appreciated. I never played football but enjoy the game. The technical insite you bring is really adding to the experience.

Luke, my man, totally appreciate that, bro! I'm glad I can be of service to anyone who enjoys that side of the game. It may not be many, but hopefully the few that do really like what we're doing at Ball Hawg -- and with my writing.

We have some stuff in the works that's really exciting if it comes to fruition, so decision makers are starting to take notice, too.

Thanks again, Luke.

SECisKing

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 11, 2015, 11:20:05 am

JGP, I'm glad you said that. It was brought to my attention that it is a bit of insecurity as some of these guys will be quick to point out that they write, too. They feel as though if they can throw shade my way it'll somehow help them out?!?!

Anyway, I just love to talk ball with cats like you and the whole throwing out "personal" insults is just lame on a message board, ya know?

I'm all for those insults being said in a face-to-face setting so I could punt that a$$ across the street. But let's just talk ball and leave all that other nonsense alone, ya know?

Great stuff JGP3!

SECisKing

I wish you were still an admin with that type of attitude, Hoggin. Hek, I wish I were a mod so I could ban hammer some of these guys who only seen to be concerned with trying to look good on a board.

This is one of the best boards on the internet, period. But it's funny how a few bad apples can make it seem kind of average, at times.

My man Bearly Doug is a busy dude, but he and I have a wonderful rapport and I would definitely silde that by him when I get the chance, Hoggin.

razorback44

Quote from: SECisKing on April 12, 2015, 11:47:08 am
JGP, I'm glad you said that. It was brought to my attention that it is a bit of insecurity as some of these guys will be quick to point out that they write, too. They feel as though if they can throw shade my way it'll somehow help them out?!?!

Anyway, I just love to talk ball with cats like you and the whole throwing out "personal" insults is just lame on a message board, ya know?

I'm all for those insults being said in a face-to-face setting so I could punt that a$$ across the street. But let's just talk ball and leave all that other nonsense alone, ya know?

Great stuff JGP3!

Murf, I would put you up there with Josh Goforth and Dalton Person as by far and away the best X and O breakdown guys that cover the Razorbacks.  Hands down the best three reads out there when you start talking actual scheme and not just generic sports coverage. 

Keep up the good work!
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

SECisKing

Quote from: razorback44 on April 12, 2015, 11:51:45 am
Murf, I would put you up there with Josh Goforth and Dalton Person as by far and away the best X and O breakdown guys that cover the Razorbacks.  Hands down the best three reads out there when you start talking actual scheme and not just generic sports coverage. 

Keep up the good work!

Hey, thanks man. I don't know any of those cats so I can only speak for myself. I don't necessarily consider myself an X and O breakdown guy, I'm simply talking/explaining stuff I learned firsthand in my time playing football.

Hopefully that separates me from anyone who may be regurgitating something they've read from others. I can show and provide situations I've been involved in and still yearn to do as of now.

My wife and mother has to continually talk me out of going back to play. I look at all my gear/pads in the closet and want to go lay somebody out on sight! HAHA

Thanks.

SECisKing

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 11, 2015, 11:48:53 am
I agree with Phil. The people giving him smack about whatever have probably, at some point in the past, complained about the media being homers for other programs in the SEC. Murph on the other hand, is answering a lot of quasi-technical questions about the philosophy of our offense and defense that if you tried, just a little bit, would help you understand what the end-game SHOULD look like once everything is shored up as far as development and recruiting are concerned.

Unfortunately some fans have a pre-conceived notion of BB's offensive philosophy that is akin to their distaste for HDN's. When the two couldn't possibly be more different if you understand what you're looking at.

Keep it up Murph. I just subscribed to your Podcast. If you're ever in CENLA, hit me up. I got da-bomb crawfish boil. Just sayin.

Grober, wow man! This is the type of post I wish were in the comments section of our podcast on iTunes!! That's a levelheaded breakdown If I've ever seen one. 

Thanks for the subscription, too, it's much appreciated. Too often listeners don't understand that the subscription and comments is the only way for us to be promoted more by a platform which in turn keeps the show alive, ya know?

I won't say anymore so your post can shine on! Just awesome!

Edit: lol Crawfish? Man I'm from Atlanta, i have no idea what that tastes like but I'm up for whatever and will definitely hit you up whenever that day comes, bro.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 14, 2015, 09:05:44 am
Thanks it is blocked at work.

Delta:

I by no means am alluding to you being dumb, but you don't seem like the smartphone type, but if you are (or have an iPod), set it up to sync and download the program when you are at home. It downloads for me automatically when it connects to my home wi-fi network, so I can listen at work the next day.

They have a cell phone service block in my office building. I can't even receive calls. I know how you feel.

Murph:

Been a Razorback fan for over 30 years and it takes a special-type of person to not go over the deep end. Between Nutt's shennanigans (mean-spirited at that), Petrino's bunked up personal life and the absolutely unforgetable John L. season many fans are just a little bit skeptical of ANYTHING in or around the program that is different than what they feel is what THEY deserve.

I was practically raised by my grandfather (tailback at Batesville High School '48-'50) that believed in running the football and playing solid physical defense. He was the first person that I ever heard say that only three things can happen if you throw the football, and two of them are bad (before anyone chimes in on the "So-and-so said it and that's where he got it from" yeah I understand that. I'm trackin). When we were winning 10 games a year under Hatfield, he actually told me that we ARE having success, but whether we get to the NCG remains to be seen.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's best to learn the game, love the players and program for what they are (a representation of Arkansas and everything that it means). Remain hopeful that the coaches can guide them to be successful, despite evidence that sometimes says otherwise. Thats just called being a fan. Plain and simple.

I appreciate the refreshers that you give everyone on offensive and defensive sets. I'm a little rusty due to my football days being over 20 years ago.

EDIT: As for crawfish, imagine lobster textured - shrimp-sized cajun spicy goodness....... Ok.... gotta get some tonight.

SECisKing

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 14, 2015, 11:53:39 am
Delta:

I by no means am alluding to you being dumb, but you don't seem like the smartphone type, but if you are (or have an iPod), set it up to sync and download the program when you are at home. It downloads for me automatically when it connects to my home wi-fi network, so I can listen at work the next day.

They have a cell phone service block in my office building. I can't even receive calls. I know how you feel.

Murph:

Been a Razorback fan for over 30 years and it takes a special-type of person to not go over the deep end. Between Nutt's shennanigans (mean-spirited at that), Petrino's bunked up personal life and the absolutely unforgetable John L. season many fans are just a little bit skeptical of ANYTHING in or around the program that is different than what they feel is what THEY deserve.

I was practically raised by my grandfather (tailback at Batesville High School '48-'50) that believed in running the football and playing solid physical defense. He was the first person that I ever heard say that only three things can happen if you throw the football, and two of them are bad (before anyone chimes in on the "So-and-so said it and that's where he got it from" yeah I understand that. I'm trackin). When we were winning 10 games a year under Hatfield, he actually told me that we ARE having success, but whether we get to the NCG remains to be seen.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's best to learn the game, love the players and program for what they are (a representation of Arkansas and everything that it means). Remain hopeful that the coaches can guide them to be successful, despite evidence that sometimes says otherwise. Thats just called being a fan. Plain and simple.

I appreciate the refreshers that you give everyone on offensive and defensive sets. I'm a little rusty due to my football days being over 20 years ago.

EDIT: As for crawfish, imagine lobster textured - shrimp-sized cajun spicy goodness....... Ok.... gotta get some tonight.

That's some great info, Grober. You have a lot of history with them Hogs.

But yeah, physical football is the way to go, imo. I loved to play it and I loved when I was on a team that was very physical in practice. I've seen some of the hardest hits ever right in practice. You wouldn't believe the type of ferocity teammates would operate with each other.

I was in the garage and saw my pads and really wanted to get back out there. I miss it, bro.

Großer Kriegschwein

April 14, 2015, 03:52:54 pm #26 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:04:33 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: SECisKing on April 14, 2015, 03:05:06 pm
That's some great info, Grober. You have a lot of history with them Hogs.

But yeah, physical football is the way to go, imo. I loved to play it and I loved when I was on a team that was very physical in practice. I've seen some of the hardest hits ever right in practice. You wouldn't believe the type of ferocity teammates would operate with each other.

I was in the garage and saw my pads and really wanted to get back out there. I miss it, bro.

I get reminded of my "glorious" football career 4 times a week at physical therapy. Damaged my lumbosacral joint from playing on the D-Line. Now I have arthritis in my lower back. Aggrivated by climbing mountains in Afghanistan. Good times.