Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthony Brown, What happened?

Started by Virgil, April 06, 2015, 11:43:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

The_Iceman

He is in the same position as Edwards.

ckhawgu

Coach trying to get them to act like responsible young men and understand that "playing for Arkansas is a privilege, not a right."

Vantage 8 dude

As with Edwards the final outcome of the young man's Arkansas career is yet to be determined. Apparently the ball is definitely in his court when it comes to whether or not he conforms with various requirements of the coaching staff. I truly hope they BOTH wake up to the opportunity they have before it's too late.

Virgil

Well hopefully he gets his head on his shoulders and can stay on the team.. I think he had lots of potential.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Virgil on April 06, 2015, 05:33:18 pm
Well hopefully he gets his head on his shoulders and can stay on the team.. I think he had lots of potential.
If HS coaches and Parents would discipline by taking a way things the kids value  when they mess up then College Coaches would not be having near
this problem.   Not near enough effective discipline going on with the Junior high and senior high kids.  Especially boys.

ChicoHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:29:51 pm
If HS coaches and Parents would discipline by taking a way things the kids value  when they mess up then College Coaches would not be having near
this problem.   Not near enough effective discipline going on with the Junior high and senior high kids.  Especially boys.
great point.  Seems like a few of the south Florida guys are having trouble adjusting to coach BB rules.  this will be good for them in the long run and i hope they can stay Hogs. 

hoglady

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:29:51 pm

I don't envy any teacher or coach who has students/players they need to discipline. Parents have made it almost impossible for kids to be disciplined effectively by schools.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dropkick

Peter Porker knows but he can't tell you.......

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on April 07, 2015, 09:48:57 am
I don't envy any teacher or coach who has students/players they need to discipline. Parents have made it almost impossible for kids to be disciplined effectively by schools.
I agree with you.  A lot of times kids who need discipline the most  and don't adjust to outside discipline by authority because they don't have a structured discipline home life.  Parents do not set a good example and many times are having the same trouble with discipline themselves.  I wish we could take those kids from the home while they are young and put them in a more structured environment.

ChicoHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 07, 2015, 09:57:07 am
I agree with you.  A lot of times kids who need discipline the most  and don't adjust to outside discipline by authority because they don't have a structured discipline home life.  Parents do not set a good example and many times are having the same trouble with discipline themselves.  I wish we could take those kids from the home while they are young and put them in a more structured environment.
it's a tough situation for many people.  Some do well, others don't.  A lot of it has to do with people having kids who really should not until they have a stable home life.  But that's another discussion. 

Birminghog

Sometimes it is the coaches. I'll never forget back in 1982 when the star running back where I was teaching got busted for weed. The coach got him out of jail on Friday so he could play the game Friday night.

Polecat

I recall last year whenever the defense made big plays – for example, Philon's TD – he was one of the more boisterous players to run over to celebrate with his teammates on the sidelines. Seems like being a Hog is important to him. Hopefully whatever the issue is, he cares enough to straighten it out and maybe he can get back on the team
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

jabohog

It's really going to help home life taking kids away from their parents. What are you some kind of marxist? Home life or lack there of is a lot of the problem.

RAZORHOGG15

I was told that he got caught egging a dorm and that is why he got suspended.  Kids stuff but just a little mischief, nothing to go over board about.  I am sure we all did dumb things when we were in our teens.  I know i did.
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

BatesvilleHOG

You can take the boys outta South Florida, but can't always take South Florida out of the boys..

Nosboar Accubond

We've all been there is some way or another - being young and making dumb decisions. The important part is if he takes coaching and learns from it... WPS

JaketheSnake

IMO, blame goes all the way around and back to the parents.  HS coaches have to win just like college coaches or they will be looking for a new job.  Just like in college, you might earn the respect from a few fans by disciplining star athletes, but more will blame the bad season on the coach if something like that happens. Tough decisions.  WE FANS are the ones that make it hard to discipline properly at every level.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: JaketheSnake on April 07, 2015, 01:26:25 pm
IMO, blame goes all the way around and back to the parents.  HS coaches have to win just like college coaches or they will be looking for a new job.  Just like in college, you might earn the respect from a few fans by disciplining star athletes, but more will blame the bad season on the coach if something like that happens. Tough decisions.  WE FANS are the ones that make it hard to discipline properly at every level.

And the NCAA for their cave man rules

ChicoHog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 07, 2015, 02:26:44 pm
And the NCAA for their cave man rules
NCAA rules have nothing to do with making dumb off the field decisions whether it's egging a house, smoking pot, going out to bars and getting hammered, taking advantage of a co-ed or whatever other things many student athletes get themselves into because they make poor decisions. 

Virgil

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on April 07, 2015, 01:09:44 pm
I was told that he got caught egging a dorm and that is why he got suspended.  Kids stuff but just a little mischief, nothing to go over board about.  I am sure we all did dumb things when we were in our teens.  I know i did.

If so that's ridiculous.  Hell I'm 41 and would still go egging if I wasn't in a wheelchair.  lol 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Virgil on April 08, 2015, 03:14:21 pm
If so that's ridiculous.  Hell I'm 41 and would still go egging if I wasn't in a wheelchair.  lol

Except that he could face criminal charges for it.  But I highly doubt that is the only reason, since we recently had a DWI and he wasn't removed from the team.

hoglady

I didn't just mean the disadvantaged kids with parents who aren't involved. I would include the kids whose parents give them every advantage in the world except discipline - the kids that make folks cringe because "Little Johnny" can never, ever do anything wrong.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogBreath

Quote from: Birminghog on April 07, 2015, 10:05:16 am
Sometimes it is the coaches. I'll never forget back in 1982 when the star running back where I was teaching got busted for weed. The coach got him out of jail on Friday so he could play the game Friday night.
Big game on Friday nite, no time for such foolishness by the po-po.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hoglady on April 07, 2015, 09:48:57 am

True...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

LZH

Quote from: Birminghog on April 07, 2015, 10:05:16 am

Now THERE's that ol' team spirit!