Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen

Started by JIHawg, April 03, 2015, 06:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 09, 2015, 01:59:37 pm
That's pure baloney.  Anyone who watched the games last year saw him overthrow, underthrow open receivers in many, many key times last year, while throwing under excellent protection.

Many posters have posted they watched WR's running open frequently through the secondary while BA never looked their way.

Some posters (at least one, I'm sure) might have posted this, but that would be completely FOS.

Receivers running open
FREQUENTLY
Through the secondary
While BA
NEVER
Looked their way.

Man you are pathological.
[CENSORED]!

HSVhogfan2

April 09, 2015, 05:55:24 pm #151 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:26:12 pm by HSVhogfan2
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 09, 2015, 05:50:21 pm
Some posters (at least one, I'm sure) might have posted this, but that would be completely FOS.

Receivers running open
FREQUENTLY
Through the secondary
While BA
NEVER
Looked their way.

While failing to mention, or perhaps understand, that many of his incompletions were throw aways. It should have been obvious to most people was that BAs first objective, as told to him by coaches, was to not turn the ball over.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 09, 2015, 11:15:24 am
Scrimmages are nothing more than glorified practices - Practice is to make perfect - Completing 50% of your passes while knowing you'll never get touched is a problem. Look scrimmages aren't just time set aside for a players to try whatever they want and see what sticks. You approach them as if they're actual gameplay scenarios.

I'm not concerned with his footwork right now... it's his accuracy and always has been.
Were you present at the scrimmage? In order to evaluate BA's performance I sort of think it would be important to see it.

lefty08

Here are either a whole lot of A holes on this board or way too many AL Bundys. Wth does bringing the same argument up over and over for 3 years now prove? We know how some of you feel, we also know how stupid some of you are

If you can't see all the BS this kid has had to go through and not feel at least a little twinge of guilt for some of the filth that has been spewed about him on this website and others over the last few years, I hope it's not too hot for you later in life.

The improvement is obvious from 13 to 14 if. You can't see that pure blind, or just don't want to see it. Hog fans are hopeful the improvements continue. If getting to say I told you so to a bunch of guys on a website is important enough to you to actually hope BA fails, join LR Randy as a fan of Ohio St, but please shut the hell up about the shortcomings of the rest of our QB
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

sowmonella

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 09, 2015, 08:53:03 pm
Were you present at the scrimmage? In order to evaluate BA's performance I sort of think it would be important to see it.

Not if you are a self proclaimed supergenius. 
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Mike Irwin

The mods have done everything they can to stress that these issues have been discussed into the ground. A hundred feet below the ground at this point.

There are some people who can't sign on to this board with making the same observations about BA that they've made dozens of times before.

It's like an addiction. They need it. It's their fix. They will not be stopped.

Congratulations to them. They have flat worn Lanny & the mods out. The white flag is up. "Uncle" has been said.

They are free to continue to express their oversimplified view of why this team didn't win as many games as they demanded. I'm sure they will continue to be disappointed and unsatisfied and of course tell the rest of us about it. Today. Tomorow. Next week. Next month. Next year.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 09, 2015, 09:28:28 pm
The mods have done everything they can to stress that these issues have been discussed into the ground. A hundred feet below the ground at this point.

There are some people who can't sign on to this board with making the same observations about BA that they've made dozens of times before.

Congratulations to them. They have flat worn Lanny & the mods out. The white flag is up. "Uncle" has been said.

They are free to continue to express their oversimplified view of why this team didn't win as many games as they demanded. I'm sure they will continue to be disappointed and unsatisfied and of course tell the rest of us about it. Today. Tomorow. Next week. Next month. Next year.
To be fair, observations that are discussed between fans should be welcomed.  I know there are a ton of BA fans on the board, but there are also a few who have critique.  Shouldn't this be welcomed without name calling and berating?  Just because someone may offer a different opinion or position than most doesn't give others the right to verbally abuse them.

lefty08

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 09, 2015, 09:38:02 pm
To be fair, observations that are discussed between fans should be welcomed.  I know there are a ton of BA fans on the board, but there are also a few who have critique.  Shouldn't this be welcomed without name calling and berating?  Just because someone may offer a different opinion or position than most doesn't give others the right to verbally abuse them.

No. After 3 yrs no new argument has been made.
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Hawgzinbowlz

MVP of the Texas Bowl. This performance was the culmination of improving throughout '14. I expect BA to use all the coaching that CDE is providing daily and improve on his level of play in the Texas Bowl.
If BA were to lead the SEC in QB ratings, after '15, he'd still receive negative bashing from the habitual BA bashers/whiners. Hats off to BA for dealing with the garbage continually thrown his way, by a few.

" GO HOGS "

Prestworthy

Quote from: lefty08 on April 09, 2015, 09:43:55 pm
No. After 3 yrs no new argument has been made.
So that should tell you something right there. 
Posters should be respectful of fellow fans.  No one would speak face to face the way some of these guys do.

lefty08

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 09, 2015, 09:46:06 pm
So that should tell you something right there. 
Posters should be respectful of fellow fans.  No one would speak face to face the way some of these guys do.

I disagree. Some fellow posters are just idiots, and I would tell them so

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: lefty08 on April 09, 2015, 09:49:58 pm
I disagree. Some fellow posters are just idiots, and I would tell them so

Doubt it

lefty08

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 09, 2015, 10:12:21 pm
Doubt it

Well of course I wouldn't to you tough guy. I'm not stupid......

supersaint

April 09, 2015, 10:22:30 pm #164 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:54:03 pm by supersaint
None of you would call me an idiot face to face because my gut would get in the way.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Augustus

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 09, 2015, 01:59:37 pm
So his accuracy issues were 100% related to issues with teammates, none of it is on him?  Perhaps that's not what you were saying, but if you were:

That's pure baloney.  Anyone who watched the games last year saw him overthrow, underthrow open receivers in many, many key times last year, while throwing under excellent protection.

Many posters have posted they watched WR's running open frequently through the secondary while BA never looked their way.  And the OL had a very good record in re: to sacks last year.  The OL did a good job of protecting BA, contrary to many hyperbolic claims on here.

It's hypocritical to defend BA so vigorously against issues he clearly has shown in his play, then turn around and run down an entire segment of the team in the very same manner you dislike in regards to BA.

Is it because Keon, et al, are not all from Fayeteville, and hence you guys have no personal relationship with those guys?

Yes, we need improved play from our WR's, no question.  And I hope our OL provides better protection this year.  But whether or not Brandon REALLY improves his play is for the vast, vast portion on him.

I'd call you out (again) on your "bigger picture" BS, but you clearly have an agenda to talk about  BA. So, there's no point.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 09, 2015, 05:50:21 pm

Receivers running open
FREQUENTLY
Through the secondary
While BA
NEVER
Looked their way.

No, I'm not as a matter of fact, and you probably know that.

The point which you managed to sidestep is just as surely as WR's were part of our passing game problems, Brandon was a big part of those issues as well.

That's not pathological, that's the truth.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

lefty08

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 10, 2015, 06:21:01 am
No, I'm not as a matter of fact, and you probably know that.

The point which you managed to sidestep is just as surely as WR's were part of our passing game problems, Brandon was a big part of those issues as well.

That's not pathological, that's the truth.

Interesting..........I've never heard that angle........

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Augustus on April 09, 2015, 10:48:36 pm
I'd call you out (again) on your "bigger picture" BS, but you clearly have an agenda to talk about  BA. So, there's no point.

Yes, I have an agenda, and it's clearly stated in my posts in this thread.

It's not what you, Biggus, and many others believe though.  Your confusion stems from YOUR agenda, which is to protect Brandon.  It causes you to look at this issue emotionally, mot logically.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on April 09, 2015, 09:44:30 pm
If BA were to lead the SEC in QB ratings, after '15, he'd still receive negative bashing from the habitual BA bashers/whiners.

More baloney.  Simply not true. 

There might be the (very) oddball that would nitpick, just like they did when RM was second in the nation in passing efficiency, but the vast majority of his critics would be tickled.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 09, 2015, 05:55:24 pm
While failing to mention, or perhaps understand, that many of his incompletions were throw aways. It should have been obvious to most people was that BAs first objective, as told to him by coaches, was to not turn the ball over.

Another myth used, unnecessarily, in Brandon's defense.

Every QB has throwaways to avoid sacks, even the ones with 65+% completion rates.  Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. throw passes away.  It's no big deal. 

When a QB throws less than 60% there are usually accuracy issues, and BA has had those issues.  It's silly to try to deny that fact.

He can improve, and I believe he will. 

At this point I like his chances of making that step up better than I like the chances his staunch defenders will understand it's OK to fairly criticize him.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 10, 2015, 06:29:35 am
More baloney.  Simply not true. 

There might be the (very) oddball that would nitpick, just like they did when RM was second in the nation in passing efficiency, but the vast majority of his critics would be tickled.
Read your post, and it is 1/2 correct. It confirmed my post. There would be the brain calcified posters that do not like BA and would continue to bash. Think your posts through.
At this stage of BAs career, it's simply bashing. Again, you were 1/2 correct, so your post is baloney lite.

" GO HOGS "

Pork Twain

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 06, 2015, 01:24:57 pm
I didn't intend to portray that it's the norm, just that you see it quite often.

Which, if you go back and read that post, was the point there.  So let me restate for the learning impaired:

Saying that starting as a freshman is being "thrown into the fire" is incorrect, a hyperbole intended to defend poor little Brandon at all costs.

And I doubt you're 20:1 ratio is valid either.  There really aren't that many freshmen that start, but way more than 5% of those at least produce, and don't choke games away or play like a deer in the headlights.
In actuality though, you do not see it often at all.

You are hard to follow.  You bemoan the loss of Babb, but don't want to give BA credit for what he has worked through.  Going from BP, to JLS, to JC, to Enos and continuing to improve is no small thing.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 10, 2015, 07:27:47 am
In actuality though, you do not see it often at all.

You are hard to follow.  You bemoan the loss of Babb, but don't want to give BA credit for what he has worked through.  Going from BP, to JLS, to JC, to Enos and continuing to improve is no small thing.
While simultaneously playing through his multiple injuries...

MissippHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 09, 2015, 09:28:28 pm

Things never change Mike.  There were many who critiqued everything Mallett and Wilson did as well.  They are the self-proclaimed "realists" who are the only ones that have a solid grasp on player performance and development.  Not to mention their skill of predicting the future.  These are the same people who warn us of getting to high or celebrating anything, much less giving praise or acknowledging a player.  This board would certainly die off without them and I'm glad they're here to keep the rest of us grounded and informed.

ricepig

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 10, 2015, 06:43:16 am
Another myth used, unnecessarily, in Brandon's defense.

Every QB has throwaways to avoid sacks, even the ones with 65+% completion rates.  Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. throw passes away.  It's no big deal. 

When a QB throws less than 60% there are usually accuracy issues, and BA has had those issues.  It's silly to try to deny that fact.

He can improve, and I believe he will. 

At this point I like his chances of making that step up better than I like the chances his staunch defenders will understand it's OK to fairly criticize him.

So, since you're up on this, have you gone back and charted every throw from the past season? You know, telling us the % of inaccurate throws, throw a ways, drops, wrong routes run, etc...??..??

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2015, 08:14:51 am
So, since you're up on this, have you gone back and charted every throw from the past season? You know, telling us the % of inaccurate throws, throw a ways, drops, wrong routes run, etc...??..??

Half of all middle-aged men have some form of ED.  I'm working out everyday and charting my progress.

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2015, 08:23:40 am
Half of all middle-aged men have some form of ED.  I'm working out everyday and charting my progress.

And to think I thought marrying a woman a decade younger was lucky. Haha

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on April 10, 2015, 09:00:57 am
And to think I thought marrying a woman a decade younger was lucky. Haha

I figure if the research is true and I'm only half-cocked, then I need a gal half my age to even it out.  So what if some booze, silverware, and a few $20 bills are missing every other morning.....it's just coincidence, right?

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2015, 09:08:06 am
I figure if the research is true and I'm only half-cocked, then I need a gal half my age to even it out.  So what if some booze, silverware, and a few $20 bills are missing every other morning.....it's just coincidence, right?

That means you need to send your hookers out afterward instead of wanting to cuddle.

Prestworthy

I'll restate my original thought for some discussion:

Who believes BA can finish the season with a completion% of 63% or better?  This would include better accuracy, improved knowledge of progressions and routes, and smarter decision making when a play breaks down. 

I think Enos will be able to help BA with a lot of that, so I'll say yes.  I am also predicting BA will be in the top half of QBs in the SEC this season.  But is he the best QB on campus?  I don't believe so.  I think Rafe and TS have a higher ceiling. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 10, 2015, 09:13:56 am

Who believes BA can finish the season with a completion% of 63% or better?  This would include better accuracy, improved knowledge of progressions and routes, and smarter decision making when a play breaks down. 

I think Enos will be able to help BA with a lot of that, so I'll say yes.  I am also predicting BA will be in the top half of QBs in the SEC this season.  But is he the best QB on campus?  I don't believe so.  I think Rafe and TS have a higher ceiling.

I actually agree with most all of what you said here. But reality dictates who plays, and having a higher ceiling doesn't mean you should start now.  They both need experience.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that Austin gets the nod before either of them if BA gets hurt.  CBB values experience at the QB spot.  That much is obvious.

sooeey pig pig pig

If Coach wants what's best for the team, there should be a good chance that BA won't be the starter anyway. All of this discussion should have the potential to be moot. You can't tell me that none of the other QBs on campus are better QBs. I've seen it, and I've read about it, and there is at least one better option IMO, maybe two. 

It really depends on if we're willing to use the first two games as the cushion against which we would take a step back with a new QB. Then the competition takes a step up with Texas Tech, and Rafe (or Austin) would need to step up as well, because A&M on the big stage, then Tennessee at Knoxville, then Bama at Bama, is not an easy stretch of games for a new QB. 

I'd say if Rafe didn't step up with Tech, then you'd hand the reigns back to BA and say a prayer that his confidence isn't shattered again.

PorkRinds

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on April 10, 2015, 09:40:46 am
If Coach wants what's best for the team, there should be a good chance that BA won't be the starter anyway. All of this discussion should have the potential to be moot. You can't tell me that none of the other QBs on campus are better QBs. I've seen it, and I've read about it, and there is at least one better option IMO, maybe two. 

It really depends on if we're willing to use the first two games as the cushion against which we would take a step back with a new QB. Then the competition takes a step up with Texas Tech, and Rafe (or Austin) would need to step up as well, because A&M on the big stage, then Tennessee at Knoxville, then Bama at Bama, is not an easy stretch of games for a new QB. 

I'd say if Rafe didn't step up with Tech, then you'd hand the reigns back to BA and say a prayer that his confidence isn't shattered again

That may be the single dumbest thing I've ever heard suggested.  BA is the starter, and should be.  To suggest that coach wouldn't do what's best for the team is equally ludicrous.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 10, 2015, 09:13:56 am

They may have higher ceilings for the long term, we will see. But right now, at this moment, BA is the best starting QB that we have on the team for a variety of reasons.

I have confidence that if Enos thought that one of the other guys were better prepared mentally and physically to perform at a higher level in running this team than BA (even with all of his experience), he would pull the trigger and replace BA. So far, that apparently hasn't happened and who is better to judge this than the staff? 
Go Hogs Go!

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2015, 09:42:12 am
That may be the single dumbest thing I've ever heard suggested.  BA is the starter, and should be.  To suggest that coach wouldn't do what's best for the team is equally ludicrous.

I bet every day brings a new single dumbest thing you've ever heard suggested. 

BA may be the starter, but to say he should be the starter... only if that's because he's an upperclassman and the most experienced. BA's ceiling is not as high as Rafe's IMO. Maybe not as high as Austin's either. Give Rafe the first few games to step up, and then we'll see who's right, you or me. Until then we can only go by what we've seen, and what I've seen tells me that I don't believe there isn't a better option. I'm stoked at the improvement BA has shown, it's tremendous, but I don't see a very high ceiling with his play. In other words, we'll always be limited at the QB position, whether we emphasize it or not. Maybe we don't need magic with our QB. But it sure would be nice. 

Of course I'm still sore over Nutt's insistence to continue the Casey Dick experiment and let the better QB grab some pine. Nutt isn't the first or last coach to stick with a lesser QB. Often it's done in the vein of conservatism.

Edit: I see some other posters think BA's ceiling isn't as high as other QBs. Guess it doesn't seem too unique of a position after all.

PorkRinds

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on April 10, 2015, 10:10:59 am

BA may be the starter, but to say he should be the starter... only if that's because he's an upperclassman and the most experienced. BA's ceiling is not as high as Rafe's IMO. Maybe not as high as Austin's either. Give Rafe the first few games to step up, and then we'll see who's right, you or me. Until then we can only go by what we've seen, and what I've seen tells me that I don't believe there isn't a better option. I'm stoked at the improvement BA has shown, it's tremendous, but I don't see a very high ceiling with his play. In other words, we'll always be limited at the QB position, whether we emphasize it or not. Maybe we don't need magic with our QB. But it sure would be nice. 

Of course I'm still sore over Nutt's insistence to continue the Casey Dick experiment and let the better QB grab some pine. Nutt isn't the first or last coach to stick with a lesser QB. Often it's done in the vein of conservatism.

You're right, we can go only by what we've seen, and you haven't seen Rafe play a single solitary down of college football, and probably not any high school football.  So to act as if you know what his ceiling is would be pretty darn presumptuous.  Thing is, if the coaches thought Rafe or Ty or Austin were our best bets, they'd be in a competition with BA.  They don't think that, and he's apparently heads and shoulders above everyone else.  BA has earned his spot.  The others will get a chance to earn theirs in the future, but you don't replace a 5th year senior with 2 years under this staff with kids who haven't taken a snap.  You just don't, unless the senior is horrid.  And BA isn't horrid.  He ended the year very well actually, so there's no reason to even suggest Rafe or Austin should be the starter.  You're basing that on ZERO information, only a gut feeling.

lefty08

Who starts game 1 has nothing to do with higher ceilings. That's the one and done, I want it Now, mentality that most have now. Saying that one of the others won't be better over the term of their time here isn't ludicrous, saying they are better now is

If.companies ran like you apparently want the football team ran you and many of us would be out of jobs, and businesses would suffer as a whole

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: lefty08 on April 10, 2015, 10:16:02 am

If.companies ran like you apparently want the football team ran you and many of us would be out of jobs, and businesses would suffer as a whole

???

Putting my company in the only position that could allow it to compete at the highest level would put people out of jobs and make all businesses suffer, as a whole? 

Where is the guy who says "the single dumbest thing i've read"?

Who starts game 1 has nothing to do with higher ceilings. That's the one and done, I want it Now, mentality that most have now. Saying that one of the others won't be better over the term of their time here isn't ludicrous, saying they are better now is

Ok let's try to follow this trainwreck of logic. 

"Who starts game 1 has nothing to do with higher ceilings."  Why not?  It's UTEP.  Followed by Toledo (I know you haven't mentioned game 2, but just to show what's in store for the starter). Sounds like a perfect opportunity for the QB with the higher ceiling to me. What's the worst that could happen?  We throw old BA back in there, where we know what we're getting, i.e. a mediocre game manager?

"That's the one and Done, I want it now mentality that most have now." Duke basketball and their National Championship ring a bell? What are you even talking about?  YES I WANT IT NOW AND LATER. If it can happen now, I want it now. You should, too, unless you just prefer to always be the underdog resting at just over .500

"Saying that the others won't be better over their careers isn't ludicrous, saying they are better now is." Well, maybe we'll see that Rafe is at least AS GOOD right now as BA. And when that happens, then what? So, again, why don't we look to the future, look to try to win a few more conference games than last year by at least attempting to upgrade the QB position? 

What just happened here is that you said I was concerned with winning now, like that's something to be ashamed of. Then you defended the best QB Right Now, (i think you're) arguing that it gives us the best chance win Right Now. In reality, I'm arguing that we should be concerned with winning games beyond UTEP, Toledo and Tech, and we should use those cupcake/easier games to raise the FLOOR play of a QB with a higher ceiling. For what's best for the team's long haul. 

Großer Kriegschwein

I agree with this historically and on principle. Hoever, each particular instance needs to be looked at individually with performance on the practice field as confirmation of yes or no.

MM (True Freshman, 5* Recruit+NHSPOTY+Coordinator was HS Coach)
CD (True Sophomore, 3* Recruit)
?????

BA (RS Senior, 4* Recruit+4 different OC in 5 years)
RP (RS Freshman, 4* Recruit+2 OC in 2 years)
AA (RS Sophomore, 4* Recruit+2 OC in 3 years)
TS (Freshman, 4* Recruit+17 Y.O. Early Enrollee)
?????

The two situations are nothing alike and don't even look the same from the outside.

BA is a RS Senior, 2-year starter and was with the team through the dark era. Even comparing him to Tyler Wilson is unfair to BA. Tyler had the same overbearing HC that managed the offense with a fine-tooth-comb every year but the last one. BA has had BP, PP, JC and now DE. We can all agree that PP isn't even close to being the same caliber of coach as BP. It is what it is. However, BA has learned quite a bit from each one of the coaches. Enos seems to like BA and respects the process that he's been through to get to where he is.

Regardless, you don't replace a RS Senior QB that just threw 20 TD and only 5 INTs with 2 years of experience as a starter for a RS Freshman unless there are some VERY serious issues.

My prediction is BA (if he stays healthy) will throw for 2500 yards and 28 TD with 8 INTs this year. Enos will get him more targets to throw at and thats what he's been needing.
This is my non-signature signature.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 10, 2015, 10:33:09 am
Regardless, you don't replace a RS Senior QB that just threw 20 TD and only 5 INTs with 22 years of experience as a starter for a RS Freshman unless there are some VERY serious issues.

That's a lot
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hammer66

Edit: I see some other posters think BA's ceiling isn't as high as other QBs. Guess it doesn't seem too unique of a position after all.

Based on actual stats and results, BA was better than 50%+ QBs in all of college football in 2014. I understand we all want our Hog QB to be the best in the country but that isn't going to happen with BA, especially in the stat department.
With coach BB we'll probably never have a QB with gaudy stats. Coach BB will probably always go with the QB who shows he can be very efficient throughout the game vs a QB who may be more talented but doesn't show the discipline to pass up on the risky throws that may get picked. Coach BBs teams at Wisconsin were always excellent in turnover margin because that is what he preaches.
I believe some of you will have a very difficult time seeing things the way coach does and will be disgruntled for his entire tenure here concerning our QB play.

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2015, 10:15:32 am
You're right, we can go only by what we've seen, and you haven't seen Rafe play a single solitary down of college football, and probably not any high school football.  So to act as if you know what his ceiling is would be pretty darn presumptuous.  Thing is, if the coaches thought Rafe or Ty or Austin were our best bets, they'd be in a competition with BA.  They don't think that, and he's apparently heads and shoulders above everyone else.  BA has earned his spot.  The others will get a chance to earn theirs in the future, but you don't replace a 5th year senior with 2 years under this staff with kids who haven't taken a snap.  You just don't, unless the senior is horrid.  And BA isn't horrid.  He ended the year very well actually, so there's no reason to even suggest Rafe or Austin should be the starter.  You're basing that on ZERO information, only a gut feeling.

You're talking about besides last year's Spring Game, where Rafe clearly was better than BA, and several TV and internet highlights? Sounds like you're the one who might need a quick briefing on Rafe Peavey.  Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyTUeiwaOpE

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/1/2/5268382/recap-of-rafe-peavey-at-the-under-armour-all-america-game-arkansas-razorbacks-quarterback-recruiting

Edit: No I did not see him play in high school.  Likely only people in Missouri saw him play in high school.. besides scouts of course.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on April 10, 2015, 10:47:21 am
You're talking about besides last year's Spring Game, where Rafe clearly was better than BA, and several TV and internet highlights?  Sounds like you're the one who might need a quick briefing on Rafe Peavey.  Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyTUeiwaOpE

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/1/2/5268382/recap-of-rafe-peavey-at-the-under-armour-all-america-game-arkansas-razorbacks-quarterback-recruiting
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Glorified scrimmage and a HS all-star game

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
All Gas, No Brakes!

Inhogswetrust

Good grief some of you are down right certifiably insane and the ban hammer needs to come out.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 10, 2015, 10:50:54 am
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Glorified scrimmage and a HS all-star game

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Are we talking about practice?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2015, 10:55:46 am
Are we talking about practice?

Haha! Two of my favorite rants: Iverson and practice and Mora and playoffs!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 10, 2015, 10:33:09 am

Regardless, you don't replace a RS Senior QB that just threw 20 TD and only 5 INTs with 2 years of experience as a starter for a RS Freshman unless there are some VERY serious issues.

My prediction is BA (if he stays healthy) will throw for 2500 yards and 28 TD with 8 INTs this year. Enos will get him more targets to throw at and thats what he's been needing.

I cropped the 2006 vs 2015 QB info. It's good info, but it assumes that all 4*s are equal, and for what my eyes have seen, they are not in this case.

Moving on.

BA only threw 5 INTs because he wasn't asked to do very much except not throw INTs.  Besides, INTs aren't the worst thing for a team if your QB is a gunslinger, just ask any Green Bay fan older than 21. Sure Favre's INTs crushed them a few times, but the rest of his game also won them a Lombardi Trophy.

And that's what I'm talking about. Every so often a college or pro championship is won with a game managing QB, but it's the exception to the rule. You need a dynamic QB or at least one who can toss the big throws in the critical moments, stretch the field when needed, etc. We don't have that with BA, and we saw evidence of it when we called on him to win a couple of those games for us last year. So in my mind, since a Championship should be the goal, we need to move on. It has nothing to do with BA not "deserving" to be the starter because of all the hard knocks he's endured in that #10 jersey of his. It has to do with putting the Razorbacks in the best position to win a Championship.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 10, 2015, 10:57:50 am
Haha! Two of my favorite rants: Iverson and practice and Mora and playoffs!

Yeah, you also have to put Dennis Green's, "They are who we thought they are" as Honorable Mention.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 10, 2015, 10:38:13 am
That's a lot

You got me before the edit.

Posted me some Jason White-Oklahoma experience right theeerr...
This is my non-signature signature.