Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horrible News

Started by Peter Porker, March 30, 2015, 11:59:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

logand02

I will smite Peter Porker every time I go to MMQ and see this title. I though some thing "Horrible" actually happened.

Fatman

Quote from: smb on April 03, 2015, 01:05:45 pm
Then why is it the number one rated sports talk show in Arkansas? Somebody is listening?
Because they are the only one subscribing to the ratiings book. Not many stations do ratings books anymore. Channel 7 is still number one in TV but do they have the best product??

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Fatman on April 04, 2015, 06:00:10 pm
Because they are the only one subscribing to the ratiings book. Not many stations do ratings books anymore. Channel 7 is still number one in TV but do they have the best product??
Ratings books for local media outlets are on the way out because increasingly advertisers are not interested in them. I've talked to advertisers who flat out don't trust ratings books and those who'd simply rather use their own judgement in deciding how to spend their money.

National ratings are important where major corporations are spending large sums of money in TV markets they're not familiar with.

WxHog

Quote from: blacksuit on April 02, 2015, 04:00:26 pm
I will miss having Bo in Little Rock. Hopefully he finds a new station ASAP.

There's room for more than one sports channel in our market. If the right ownership group comes in they could make a splash and seize that #2 spot and compete with 103.7. Especially while 920 is off the air. Maybe CBS sports radio is tired of waiting on them and would make a move to FM. The whole 93.3 operation was a mess towards the end: litigation, a half baked rebrand as "the jock", Jim Brinson's short-lived morning show, and now it's gone.

I'm not sure who is going to step and pick up Game On & Sports Talk With Bo.  You would think AM 920 if they ever came back on the air as a sports talk station.  Perhaps another station in Central Arkansas with sports programming.  92.7 has a signal that originates from Vilonia and AM 690 comes from Benton.  They have marginal signals in Little Rock but they would be good candidates for picking up those shows until a Little Rock station does.  Unfortunately, I don't see the large companies like Cumulus or IHeartRadio (formerly Clearchannel) flipping any of their highly rated stations to go head to head with 103.7 The Buzz. 

Swine-as-wine

I'm sick of turning on the radio, to get the local flavor of sports, and getting frigging
ESPN crap. That's what I pay a stinkin' hundred bucks a month on satellite for. I
want my Randy Rainwater, my Bo Mattingly, and whoever else is FROM Arkansas.
NOT Colin Cowturd, SVD & Gonorrhea or the same damn sportscenter over and over.
If I wanted to listen to ESPN and not watch it, I'd turn on my TV and close my eyes.
Man.......this sucks.

Hogpkins

I'll just echo what appears to be a near consensus (which is a minor miracle on Hogville): I'm already missing Game On. It along with Bo's show are by far the best Hog sports shows in our state. Central Arkansas is the big loser in this because they lose both shows, although everyone loses until Game On gets back on there.

I'm sure it won't be long before Mike Mike and Wess explore other opportunities, so something needs to happen fast before the boat sails off forever!

DeltaBoy

Missing Game on Today. Waiting on the UU to come on at 2.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgXi

Quote from: WxHog on April 05, 2015, 08:21:40 pm
I'm not sure who is going to step and pick up Game On & Sports Talk With Bo.  You would think AM 920 if they ever came back on the air as a sports talk station.  Perhaps another station in Central Arkansas with sports programming.  92.7 has a signal that originates from Vilonia and AM 690 comes from Benton.  They have marginal signals in Little Rock but they would be good candidates for picking up those shows until a Little Rock station does.  Unfortunately, I don't see the large companies like Cumulus or IHeartRadio (formerly Clearchannel) flipping any of their highly rated stations to go head to head with 103.7 The Buzz. 

thanx for the heads up.

I tuned in to 92.7 yesterday & it was good to be hearing sports again.

I picked it up from the "bean field" on 67/167 down 440 and then out to war memorial area with a clear signal.

not a lot of steady razorback content, but the signal gets out in these areas.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: WxHog on April 05, 2015, 08:21:40 pm

Eh, the Buzz is hardly a sports talk station anymore and I'm just not very impressed with their talent.

I don't know what was going on in the back office at 93.3, besides the rumors here. I did notice a long span where there were more PSAs than commercials. That's never a good sign.
Maybe even more pertinently, I did notice is that their online presence was very poor. Game On, for all of it's on-air quality, didn't engage in social media very much. And the station's website was 90's-esque.

I think with a good web crew and that same on-air lineup, a sports talk station could seriously compete with the Buzz in the Central AR market.