Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horrible News

Started by Peter Porker, March 30, 2015, 11:59:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

93.3 in Little Rock has been sold and is changing formats.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wildhog

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

My heart skipped a beat when I clicked the thread title.  I was expecting 'JWill has blown his ACL" or "Brooks Ellis broke his arm" or something.  This is just kinda bad news.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 30, 2015, 12:02:10 pm
My heart skipped a beat when I clicked the thread title.  I was expecting 'JWill has blown his ACL" or "Brooks Ellis broke his arm" or something.  This is just kinda bad news.

This IS horrible news.  I can't go back to the Buzz.  I just can't do it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 30, 2015, 11:59:17 am
I was afraid that might happen. Did your source say anything about Game On transferring to another station? It's a good show, it would be a shame to see it go because the front office couldn't get its act together.
Quote from: Wildhog on March 30, 2015, 12:02:54 pm
This IS horrible news.  I can't go back to the Buzz.  I just can't do it.
Yep.

Wildhog

I REFUSE to listen to the Show with No Brain.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

So does this mean Bo goes back to the Buzz? 

That's the only thing I'd listen to.
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

booogaga

I know it stinks. Hopefully Game on catches on somewhere else. I love that show. Esp when Mike Irwin comes on at noon. You know that Bo will be on the air somewhere.
GO HOGS!

DeltaBoy

Well they are still on today.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Wildhog

I need the Morning Rush and Sports Talk.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Peter Porker

Tomorrow is the last day.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

cosmodrum

I just can't listen to Drive Time. Can't do it.
Go away, batin'

The_Iceman

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 30, 2015, 12:18:20 pm
I just can't listen to Drive Time. Can't do it.

I can't tell you how many times I screamed at my radio because they didn't know simple sports answers. So uninformed. Unbearable to listen to.

HSVhogfan2

XM, it's the cool new technology that doesn't take calls from FCJ, Mike from Stuttgart, or Gentle Ben. ;)
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

onebadrubi

I listened today for the first time in a couple of weeks to find this as well.  It sucks because I really like listening to SVP&russilo so don't get these guys as much as id like, if they were in any different time slot they'd get my full audience. 

Should be interesting to see what happens with all parties involved.  I wonder if it's new owner is also in sports talk or if it's music or else

Peter Porker

Wildhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 30, 2015, 12:24:51 pm
XM, it's the cool new technology that doesn't take calls from FCJ, Mike from Stuttgart, or Gentle Ben. ;)

Yeah, and you'll never hear anything about the Hogs.
1909/1964/1965/1977

colbs

This sucks.  I'm still not listening to any of the current buzz shows though.

Philip Seaton

Station was sold to Salem Media out of Dallas. It will become a Christian Rock station on Wednesday. Don't know what will happen with Bo, but going to be hard for him to find an outlet in Little Rock. I know Wess will look for an outlet, his show is too good for that not to happen. Hopefully he does.

Maybe some low-rated station in the market will see the need for another sports station in the market and make the switch. Hope so!

So much more to this than what will be assumed, but the end result is a lot of good people ended up on the short-stick.

ricepig

Quote from: Philip Seaton on March 30, 2015, 12:41:13 pm
Station was sold to Salem Media out of Dallas. It will become a Christian Rock station on Wednesday. Don't know what will happen with Bo, but going to be hard for him to find an outlet in Little Rock. I know Wess will look for an outlet, his show is too good for that not to happen. Hopefully he does.

Maybe some low-rated station in the market will see the need for another sports station in the market and make the switch. Hope so!

So much more to this than what will be assumed, but the end result is a lot of good people ended up on the short-stick.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/104223/larry-crain-could-sell-radio-stations-to-salem-media

Peter Porker

Lanny, it's time for Hogville radio.

Wildhog

Oh, good...  Christian rock.  Guess I can take 93.3 off my programmed stations, now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JIHawg

Fort Dweller

"Relax and listen to the mellow sounds of The Rain on KPPX."
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 30, 2015, 11:59:17 am

Heard this today and was really disappointed.  Hopefully Game On can move to the Buzz, absorbing Pat Bradley.  Would love to see Bo on in Central Arkansas as well.

I long ago stopped listening to Drive Time and whatever the morning show is.  Every other caller to DTS asks who Randy thinks will be the QB for the Razorbacks every single year, while the morning show is basically:  80/90's Razorback reference, nipples, nipples, [80's hair band snippet], random Frank Fletcher ad, [farting noise], repeat.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 30, 2015, 12:52:17 pm
Lanny, it's time for Hogville radio.

I propose a weekly podcast.  I think it's totally doable.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hog Nutt

So no more game on. Loved the show during lunch time. Wes Moore, Mike Irwin, and Michael Smith did a great job on the show. I hope they all windup somewhere else to listen to. Evidently the new owners will not be doing sports talk radio.

I'll miss those 3 guys.

WorfHog

Game On has become a lunchtime tradition for me lately.  Sad to hear they won't be on after tomorrow. Hopefully someone picks them up, it really is one of the better shows in the state.

Hog Nutt

Sorry, just saw the other thread.

smb

Rick is the best on DTS
GeorgiaHOG

WooPig90

Hawgndaaz

Isn't there major tax breaks for religious affiliated stations? Can't they claim 501-3(c) if affiliated with a church or something?

Regardless, hope all those guys at the station find a new home. It was already good and getting better all the time. I'm sure Bo will be fine.

I will refrain from talking about the Show with No Point or Drive Time Jorts

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HF#1

Can still listen to Ruscin, Craft, and Wilson on the espn app.  Bo too I believe.  I hate Larry Crain.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Mike Irwin

Radio is a chaotic business. You never know what is going to happen next. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up somewhere, just not sure of the specifics.

I did Press Row with about six different hosts from 2000-2007. I did Shawn & Wally from 2009-2012 and Game On from 2012 through tomorrow.

I enjoyed them all but the noon time slot was much better for me and working with Wess & Michael Smith was great fun. Michael is a storehouse of information plus we did the show from his house the last several months. You never knew who was going to be sleeping on his couch. NFL players, ex Razorbacks, various girlfriends and ex girlfriends of NFL players and ex Razorbacks.

Michael himself never seemed to have to buy his own lunch. Different girls would show up at noon, hand him his lunch and be gone. What a life that guy leads.

BearsBisonsBoars

Two KLOVE stations and an Air-1 station aren't enough? Good grief.

And grief is what I'm feeling. Make no mistake.

RedRock

Internet radio is eventually going to kill traditional radio. 

Get the tune in radio app.  You can listen to Bo in the afternoon and Craft in the morning.

dhizzle

I really don't know how the Buzz has been on for so long. They must be doing something right. I will miss the show as I listen Monday through Friday while doing my routes. Mike Irwin you're the best because you bring the truth and don't care if it hurts someones politically correct feelings.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hog Nutt on March 30, 2015, 01:13:25 pm
So no more game on. Loved the show during lunch time. Wes Moore, Mike Irwin, and Michael Smith did a great job on the show. I hope they all windup somewhere else to listen to. Evidently the new owners will not be doing sports talk radio.

I'll miss those 3 guys.

Same here This just SUCKS!!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 30, 2015, 01:26:31 pm
Radio is a chaotic business. You never know what is going to happen next. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up somewhere, just not sure of the specifics.

I did Press Row with about six different hosts from 2000-2007. I did Shawn & Wally from 2009-2012 and Game On from 2012 through tomorrow.

I enjoyed them all but the noon time slot was much better for me and working with Wess & Michael Smith was great fun. Michael is a storehouse of information plus we did the show from his house the last several months. You never knew who was going to be sleeping on his couch. NFL players, ex Razorbacks, various girlfriends and ex girlfriends of NFL players and ex Razorbacks.

Michael himself never seemed to have to buy his own lunch. Different girls would show up at noon, hand him his lunch and be gone. What a life that guy leads.

Keep us in the Loop if some one picks the show up.

fishes2000

I don't know why the buzz has bazzel and bradley they don't talk sports. In the mornings its terrible and I really don't care at lunch whose celebrity birthday it is. so if you have a show with former hogs people will listen? Ever since I found game on I haven't listened. Really hate to see it go away. will for sure be using radio app for drive in to work and drive home with Bo.

fishes2000

Quote from: RedRock on March 30, 2015, 01:41:09 pm
Internet radio is eventually going to kill traditional radio. 

Get the tune in radio app.  You can listen to Bo in the afternoon and Craft in the morning.
What is the name of the morning show with Ruscin and Craft? I did a search on the tunein app but didn't find anything.

Sportster365

Lately I've been driving with the radio off.  In near complete silence, been quite invigorating actually.

RedRock

Quote from: fishes2000 on March 30, 2015, 02:49:22 pm
What is the name of the morning show with Ruscin and Craft? I did a search on the tunein app but didn't find anything.
The Morning Rush on ESPN Radio 96.3

PorkSoda

Quote from: Lanny on March 30, 2015, 01:23:16 pm
It's in the works
plz say this is true. 

Us out of staters need a way to listen to some razorback sports shows.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Station was sold to Salem Media out of Dallas. It will become a Christian Rock station on Wednesday.

Holy crap, I didn't people even listen to that stuff, much less that its would warrant a radio station to broadcast it 24 hours a day.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

KlubhouseKonnected

I hate to hear this but not as much as Gentle Ben, his daily routine just got cut in half.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.