Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Better days ahead

Started by cjack, November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

This was on my Facebook memories today from 2011. What a difference a few years makes. My daughter was in 5th grade.  Our fans dressed up for the games. Haha.  We were #6 in the country. Beat Ms State 44-17 that day (followed by a Honey Badger loss between #1 LSU and #3 Arkansas the next week).  Went on to wallop K State in the Cotton Bowl.  One motorcycle wreck later and the whole football program is wrecked.  Hopefully things will be turned in the right direction in a week.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: cjack on November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 pm
This was on my Facebook memories today from 2011. What a difference a few years makes. My daughter was in 5th grade.  Our fans dressed up for the games. Haha.  We were #6 in the country. Beat Ms State 44-17 that day (followed by a Honey Badger loss between #1 LSU and #3 Arkansas the next week).  Went on to wallop K State in the Cotton Bowl.  One motorcycle wreck later and the whole football program is wrecked.  Hopefully things will be turned in the right direction in a week.
You The head pimp or assistant pimp??
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Smalltownhog95

I remember being at the Tennessee game when Joe Adams had his punt return. I think we were ranked 6th for that game or somewhere close. 2nd half they had a vote for what song to play and the whole stadium started singing Sweet Caroline. Around the 3rd quarter it went final that Boise state got upset who were ranked ahead of us and the whole stadium went crazy. Got home later that night and watched Iowa State upset #3 Okie State. Their fans rushed the field and started singing none other than sweet caroline. And for the first time ever being that im in my younger 20's i felt like we actually had a chance to beat Lsu a few weeks later ranked #3 and go to the national championship. Id love to feel that again.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

cjack

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 19, 2017, 06:58:06 pm
You The head pimp or assistant pimp??

Haha. No pimping for me. I took the picture
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hog Diddy

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: cjack on November 19, 2017, 07:22:12 pm
Haha. No pimping for me. I took the picture
Good deal. If those ain't some pimp suits I don't know what is.... Hahaha
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Tusks

its hard out there B N a pimp.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

dfwalumdad

no, no , no! you're remembering things wrong friend!

we were miserable back then..........because we didn't have "the integrity!"

my dad was a retired executive with GM back then over a 54 year career he'd literally hired and fired hundreds of people. his take on that situation was this. if a guy wasn't performing and he did something like this then you take it and build the case to fire him. but if the guy was performing was a vital employee than you build the case to keep him.

i don't think any other SEC program would have fired petrino.

oh well ultimately it cost long his job.

lahawg1

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 20, 2017, 11:05:40 am
no, no , no! you're remembering things wrong friend!

we were miserable back then..........because we didn't have "the integrity!"

my dad was a retired executive with GM back then over a 54 year career he'd literally hired and fired hundreds of people. his take on that situation was this. if a guy wasn't performing and he did something like this then you take it and build the case to fire him. but if the guy was performing was a vital employee than you build the case to keep him.

i don't think any other SEC program would have fired petrino.

oh well ultimately it cost long his job.

It also takes a few thugs with mean streaks too

tlmack

Most would have fired him. Not for the affair but the lies. If you don't think so,why wasn't he hired immediately ? Took a year to get Western Kentucky and only got the Louiville job back because of prior relationship with the AD. Time will tell if your savior gets another SEC job.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: tlmack on November 20, 2017, 06:21:29 pm
Most would have fired him. Not for the affair but the lies. If you don't think so,why wasn't he hired immediately ? Took a year to get Western Kentucky and only got the Louiville job back because of prior relationship with the AD. Time will tell if your savior gets another SEC job.

aren't you loving "the integrity!" we've won 11 sec games in 5 years.......you're a genius.....gosh i love your integrity! you're so much better than i am!

"si vis vincere, non illa via" that's latin junior it translates to "we don't want to win that way" it should be our state motto!

tlmack

Never implied that. Just pointing out Petrino is not the end all to be all some seen to think. Have a nice evening!

ronmahony

Hell, if that would have been Saban nobody would have ever heard anything about it.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

RME

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 20, 2017, 06:42:35 pm
aren't you loving "the integrity!" we've won 11 sec games in 5 years.......you're a genius.....gosh i love your integrity! you're so much better than i am!

"si vis vincere, non illa via" that's latin junior it translates to "we don't want to win that way" it should be our state motto!

Go Frank up on your own accord, lie to your boss's face and on camera, and see if you keep your job.

SlickWilly

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 20, 2017, 06:42:35 pm

Excuse me sir, we speak American here.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: cjack on November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 pm

Never knew Gallagher (in white) was a Hog fan. Good to know.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.