Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So that basically does it for the day

Started by Hogs958, February 01, 2017, 10:43:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs958

right? I haven't heard any rumors of any surprises or anything.

RazorPiggie

hawgwash

It's almost like getting all your presents except one big one on Christmas Eve, and you pretty much knew what the big one was and that you were going to get it.  Relaxing Christmas Day.

JIHawg

SDZ_Hog

Time to to start recruiting another coach.

rljjr

Ethan2010

I don't mind a quiet signing day. It's much better than the kidney punch of last years signing day.

rljjr

rhames

Like this more than waiting on 5 or 6 kids
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

gchamblee

i just saw on espn that we are still in the mix for a top recruit with the last name of ray?

SpaCityHawg

hawgwash

I'm guessing the coaches made an effort to get everyone signed up early.  I don't remember ever having everyone we expected signed this early in the day.

inhognation

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on February 01, 2017, 10:56:58 am
LaBryan Ray?

I think Joe T meant to say Alabama but said Arkansas because they had just finished talking about Chevin Calloway to Arkansas

Alabama, FSU and Florida are in the mix for Ray

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: inhognation on February 01, 2017, 11:00:32 am
I think Joe T meant to say Alabama but said Arkansas because they had just finished talking about Chevin Calloway to Arkansas

Alabama, FSU and Florida are in the mix for Ray

I thought I heard Ala. might have ran out of room.

GO

This has really been a boring morning compared to many in the past. no last minute flips, no secret visitors and surprise commits that never commit. No mom's running off with the paper work... CAN A MAN GET A LITTLE DRAMA GOING AROUND HERE!! :) if not I gotta get back to work and do something constructive this morning

jgphillips3

HeathWimp

Refresh my memory, what was the letdown last year?
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Next1_04

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on February 01, 2017, 10:47:11 am
Time to to start recruiting another coach.

Time to recruit a different board to troll on.

LRHawg

Quote from: HeathWimp on February 01, 2017, 11:10:49 am

We were finalists with 5 or so good recruits but ended up losing them all for various reasons. For some, we didn't have backups ready. It was a huge gamble that could have payed off but just didn't. I'm glad to see the staff take a different approach this year and I think it payed off.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: GO on February 01, 2017, 11:04:18 am
This has really been a boring morning compared to many in the past. no last minute flips, no secret visitors and surprise commits that never commit. No mom's running off with the paper work... CAN A MAN GET A LITTLE DRAMA GOING AROUND HERE!! :) if not I gotta get back to work and do something constructive this morning
Where is Collin's mom when you need her? Just kidding.  No drama Ian good because traditionally, with the exception of Philip, signing day drama has not been in Arkansas' favor.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: HeathWimp on February 01, 2017, 11:10:49 am

The CB switched to Florida last day or the day i think..  Putu or something..  guess that is what they are talking about. 

jgphillips3

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 01, 2017, 11:18:34 am
The CB switched to Florida last day or the day i think..  Putu or something..  guess that is what they are talking about. 

Plus losing Fulton, Cleveland, et al.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 01, 2017, 11:20:11 am
Plus losing Fulton, Cleveland, et al.

Those were painful. But a distant memory now. Lets go HOGS

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 01, 2017, 11:12:31 am
Time to recruit a different board to troll on.
Easy bro.  We are short 1 assistant. Now that signing day is over and we are pretty much done it's time to turn attention to the new assistant.   Coach B said it would be after signing day. 

Next1_04

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on February 01, 2017, 11:24:05 am
Easy bro.  We are short 1 assistant. Now that signing day is over and we are pretty much done it's time to turn attention to the new assistant.   Coach B said it would be after signing day. 

My apologies. Hard to tell between the all the crazies.  :razorback:

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 01, 2017, 11:32:23 am
My apologies. Hard to tell between the all the crazies.  :razorback:
No worries.  it's hard to read tone and context in one sentense posts, text messages, ect. I'm sure I would be devoriced by now if I was restricted to a single statement per topic for each text message.  Just happy they cant read minds. Or can they?

31to6

Quote from: JIHawg on February 01, 2017, 10:47:07 am
Per ESPN, 8 four stars? 
ESPN's ratings are inflated. Everyone has a ton of 4*'s there.

4 consensus 4*'s per 247 composite. About 4-6 on any given service with about 10 players that are a 4* on at least one recruiting service.

Another way to look at the class is offers:

Multiple elite offers (from 2 or more teams who routinely recruit top-10 classes):
Martin, Calloway, Brown, Patton, Hayden, Curl

Multiple SEC offers (not counting Ark):
Hyatt, Williams, Paul

Multiple P5 offers (not counting Ark):
Wagner, Adcock, Fisher, Hernandez, Barkley, McClellion, Porter, Curtis, Johnson

Others:
6 (of these, 3 are Arkansas native 3*'s, most of whom committed early and solidly and thus were not really pursued much by other schools.)

So we got a lot of players other P5 programs wanted, and some players that the teams we need to beat wanted, to go along with the typical 3-5 in-state players who usually outplay their ratings.

Not CBB's highest ranked class, but it has a lot of talented players and a lot of potential, while addressing most areas of need.

Ultimately this class be judged on the field.

DeltaBoy

Looking good today , fine job by this staff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on February 01, 2017, 11:02:57 am
I thought I heard Ala. might have ran out of room.
yea I just read where bamer is full

younghog

GREAT JOB BY THE STAFF.

A SOLID CLASS..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

tophawg19

Epley is still out there . i think we have a offer out to him as well as any who get caught in the oversign shuffle
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins