Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De'Vion Warren

Started by razorbackfanatic, February 01, 2017, 09:18:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfanatic

I'm extremely excited about this recruit! I feel he is underrated and deserves more love. I think he could be the next Dexter Mccluster if he stays on offense and a honey badger type if he goes to corner. 

I've been wanting more guys like this for a while. I love how some teams use smaller shifty guys in the passing game out of the slot kinda like we use Drew Morgan. Texas Tech has recruited undersized rb/WR guys for years and they are a matchup nightmare. I love how the Patriots use 2 or 3 guys like this at a time which allows Brady to get the ball out very fast and we all know the way to beat Brady is to get pressure on him. Doing this linebackers have a rough time covering them underneath and they have guys open all over the field constantly that turn 5 yard passes into 20 yard gains routinely.

Chase Hayden, TJ Hammonds, Jarrod Barnes, Jordan Curtis, Deon Stewart are all in this type mold although Barnes and Warren are a bit thinner than those others mentioned. I love having receivers/running backs like this underneath with guys like Brandon Martin taking the top off the defense. One clap! 

hawginbigd1

Good Post, one of the reasons this class won't be higher rated is because of all the athletes and tweeners we have signed, we addressed the most glaring needs on this roster WR, DB, and just as important speed and athleticism.

Bubba's Bruisers

Plenty of teams take athletes and tweeners.  Guys who are rated high.  Only time will tell if ours were underrated.  But yeah, looks like speed and athleticism definitely improved with this class.

And I selfishly hope Warren becomes a ball hawking CB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorbackfanatic

Thanks. I agree we definitely have addressed the speed issue. I wish they could have seen that 2 years ago especially on the defensive side. They started to address it some on offense the past couple seasons with guys like Stewart, Hammonds and Reed. I really hope Tutt can come back full strength and make an impact. I hope Barnes embraces CB.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 01, 2017, 09:42:45 am
Thanks. I agree we definitely have addressed the speed issue. I wish they could have seen that 2 years ago especially on the defensive side. They started to address it some on offense the past couple seasons with guys like Stewart, Hammonds and Reed. I really hope Tutt can come back full strength and make an impact. I hope Barnes embraces CB.

Barnes is currently listed as a WR by UA.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorbackfanatic

On defense all thru the Ford, Nutt and Petrino years we always lived on defense with one outside linebacker really being a tweener or undersized that brought more speed to make up for not having elite guys with size and speed. Theses guys had safety bodies but were physically enough to play a rover/monster/star type position  I.E. Jerico Nelson, Tony Bua, Ross Rasner, De'Andre Berry, Jimarr Gallon, Gavin Walls, Etc.

I'm a CBB fan but u can clearly see his Big10 background coming out on our defense, we have more of the size at linebacker than we have in years, but bc we don't normally pull in elite talent their enough to fill 3 LB positions we've been very slow and average there. U are starting to see them recruit differently now though. Greenlaw was the first safety really they decide to bulk up to a LB and now they've started to replicate that more and more with guys like Dee Walker(6'3" 205 coming out of high school), Alexy Jean-Baptiste(6'3" 210 hs), Derrick Munson, Henry etc. These guys might have even played lb more than safety in high school but they are typical safety size in the SEC that we are growing into outside linebackers. I think not having guys like the ones mentioned in past years has hurt us even more. One thing we always were in the Ford and Nutt says was fast on defense. U have to find a balance there and I think we are figuring that out now.

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2017, 10:01:40 am
Barnes is currently listed as a WR by UA.

I've heard they prefer him to play CB. I personally do. I think Warren is more explosive than him, but we will see hard to tell for certain on tape. Either way Barnes has speed needed on either side.

razorbackfanatic

When I say explosive I mean on tape(not certain) Warren looks like he can put his foot in the ground and do some things laterally that are freakish as to were I don't quite see the same from Barnes there, but Barnes could have just as much burst and even more top end speed. Hard to say for sure, but Warren reminds me more of a thinner Darren Sproyles/Mccluster type crazy jukes.

He could just have a better highlight tape too! 😆