Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Henry

Started by Hayden1865, January 30, 2017, 06:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theshiva

We are not a charity and wouldn't waste a scholarship because someone is a legacy. Especially considering all the talk that BB is tougher on instate kids getting offers than out of state kids. Giving out scholarships to players who don't deserve them is how you get your ass kicked in the SEC.

Hayden got a scholarship offer for his play. That's all. It is a blueshirt, so he barely made the cut. He seems to have the work ethic that he doesn't mind being in an uphill battle to make the 2 deep.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: theshiva on January 31, 2017, 11:11:57 am
We are not a charity and wouldn't waste a scholarship because someone is a legacy. Especially considering all the talk that BB is tougher on instate kids getting offers than out of state kids. Giving out scholarships to players who don't deserve them is how you get your ass kicked in the SEC.

Hayden got a scholarship offer for his play. That's all. It is a blueshirt, so he barely made the cut. He seems to have the work ethic that he doesn't mind being in an uphill battle to make the 2 deep.

Bingo
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on January 31, 2017, 11:08:57 am
He doesn't have to bear Bama to keep his job. Just beat the majority of the other schools in the SEC like 2015

2015?  You mean when we went 8-5 (including the bowl win)?  I was perfectly fine with that for 2015.  I think most expect another step forward though.  I don't see these blue shirt guys helping us take that step. 

MB Hog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 31, 2017, 11:23:21 am
2015?  You mean when we went 8-5 (including the bowl win)?  I was perfectly fine with that for 2015.  I think most expect another step forward though.  I don't see these blue shirt guys helping us take that step. 
Between the two of you, Bielema is the only one who won three Big 10 titles, so it's his talent evaluation skills I'll be trusting.

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2017, 06:31:48 pm
Blue shirt

I'm not sure that he's a blue shirt anymore. He's the only "blueshirt" that has a set time tomorrow to fax in his LOI.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MB Hog on January 31, 2017, 11:42:49 am
Between the two of you, Bielema is the only one who won three Big 10 titles, so it's his talent evaluation skills I'll be trusting.

It's not about talent evaluation.  Never has been.  That's a deflection. 

It's about recruiting.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MB Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 31, 2017, 12:01:47 pm
It's not about talent evaluation.  Never has been.  That's a deflection. 

It's about recruiting.
OK.  I'll trust his recruiting.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 31, 2017, 11:52:55 am
I'm not sure that he's a blue shirt anymore. He's the only "blueshirt" that has a set time tomorrow to fax in his LOI.

Well, when the University announces that his LOI has been received, then I'll believe it. Preferred walkons have ceremonies and sign an agreement, but it isn't a binding LOI. I'm just going on what every I've read by the different "gurus".

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: MB Hog on January 31, 2017, 11:42:49 am

Ok. You're certainly welcome to do just that.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Hayden will play LB and factor heavily into ST. Could be the kind of kickoff enforcer that the Hogs haven't had since Tom Crowder. Similar size (6'2", 205) as well. Hogs definitely need help in that department. I can't remember the Razorbacks coverage units completely dominating a team since Houston Nutt. That's sad.

Big difference between Hayden and Crowder is that Crowder played sparingly as a WR whereas as Hayden has the talent to eventually crack the 2-deep at LB. He has the speed and lateral agility to play OLB in a 4-3 or, similar to Dre Greenlaw, he could move inside in a 3-4. Very football savvy player who will be ready to play right away if needed. That's good news, especially in light of Dre's recent surgery. Hayden should provide some depth to that rotation.

RE: Tom Crowder
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/crowder-named-sec-special-teams-player-of-week/

rzrbk4life

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 31, 2017, 12:48:45 pm
Hayden will play LB and factor heavily into ST. Could be the kind of kickoff enforcer that the Hogs haven't had since Tom Crowder. Similar size (6'2", 205) as well. Hogs definitely need help in that department. I can't remember the Razorbacks coverage units completely dominating a team since Houston Nutt. That's sad.

Big difference between Hayden and Crowder is that Crowder played sparingly as a WR whereas as Hayden has the talent to eventually crack the 2-deep at LB. He has the speed and lateral agility to play OLB in a 4-3 or, similar to Dre Greenlaw, he could move inside in a 3-4. Very football savvy player who will be ready to play right away if needed. That's good news, especially in light of Dre's recent surgery. Hayden should provide some depth to that rotation.

RE: Tom Crowder
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/crowder-named-sec-special-teams-player-of-week/

I had forgot all about crowder. He was definitely a baller
Let's call those hogs!!!!

lstewart

I think Crowder ran about a 4.3 something, and I think he stuck with the Dallas Cowboys for a little while. Very good special teams player. I think Hayden will be a better player than his measurements and speed make him look as a recruit. The Bua type player could be a good analogy. I bet he ends up playing a lot snaps over his career. He might get a little bigger, or he might get a little faster.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lstewart on January 31, 2017, 03:36:12 pm
I think Crowder ran about a 4.3 something, and I think he stuck with the Dallas Cowboys for a little while. Very good special teams player. I think Hayden will be a better player than his measurements and speed make him look as a recruit. The Bua type player could be a good analogy. I bet he ends up playing a lot snaps over his career. He might get a little bigger, or he might get a little faster.

Yeah, except Bua was about 3 inches shorter than Henry's reported height (6'2")? I hope the young man is an overwhelming success. I'd love to see him put on more "good" weight and get faster, at least in terms of football speed and get to see another Henry kicking some butt on the field.
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

What this also says is that at the very least the Henry family is impressed by and approves of the way CBB runs his program.  If not he'd be headed to a service academy.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 31, 2017, 04:41:03 pm
What this also says is that at the very least the Henry family is impressed by and approves of the way CBB runs his program.  If not he'd be headed to a service academy.

Pretty good point.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PonderinHog

I like the way ball carriers go backwards when he hits them.

He's a great young man too. Great family.