Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Henry

Started by Hayden1865, January 30, 2017, 06:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayden1865

Committed to the Hogs per his twitter.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

MrKlem10

hawgwash

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

MrKlem10

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2017, 06:31:48 pm
Blue shirt
Hmm.  Not sure how I feel about all the blue shirting.  It eventually has to lead to diminishing returns, I would think.
All Gas, No Brakes!

factchecker

I think he will be more of a linebacker than safety.

Watch his film and tell me why he isn't ranked.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2017, 06:31:48 pm
Blue shirt

I need more education on "Blue  shirt".  This a new NCAA  rule. Never heard of this term until this year.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

rljjr

I don't see that he was ever rated by a service, but he was apparently the 5A Defensive POY. If his work ethic is like his brother he could be a Burlsworth candidate in the future. Must love the Hogs -- turned down Air Force and Navy among others. Congrats to him.

LAHOG1962

No kidding, this guy can play.He has a lot of football sense. Very impressive film.

The_Boot_stops_here

Oh man...so Richardson, Henry and possibly Epley are blueshirting?  Interesting strategy for the '18 class to say the least...

Cure

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 30, 2017, 06:37:03 pm
I need more education on "Blue  shirt".  This a new NCAA  rule. Never heard of this term until this year.
Scholarship for next signing class is awarded if the kid wasn't recruited (i.e. official visit or in-home). He didn't need the in home or official because of Hunter. He will be able to practice, but he can't play if I remember correctly.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

WooPig90

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2017, 06:48:24 pm
Oh man...so Richardson, Henry and possibly Epley are blueshirting?  Interesting strategy for the '18 class to say the least...

And Clary

WooPig90

Quote from: Cure on January 30, 2017, 06:49:14 pm
Scholarship for next signing class is awarded if the kid wasn't recruited (i.e. official visit or in-home). He didn't need the in home or official because of Hunter. He will be able to practice, but he can't play if I remember correctly.

He can play

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawg Life

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2017, 06:51:02 pm
Good gosh

This just means they are about to help some kids that are down the depth chart find new homes.

PonderinHog

parallaxpig

I assume they don't count against next years 85 schollie limit. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 30, 2017, 07:01:17 pm
This just means they are about to help some kids that are down the depth chart find new homes.

so you feel these are top of the depth chart guys?  I mean, I honestly don't even know what to make of what is happening with this blueshirt stuff. It's just not adding up unless Bielema is just planning to take recruiting time off to deal with having a kid...

Tarheelhawg

Watched his video; he can play!  Comes from a Razorback family, I'll give him a WPS!!

PorkRinds

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 30, 2017, 06:58:57 pm
So far the '18 class is... interesting.

Yes, interesting strategy.  That's 4 blue shirts, supposedly.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 30, 2017, 07:09:26 pm
I assume they don't count against next years 85 schollie limit.
I am not sure, maybe they don't. They typically go on scholarship when classes start, I would imagine the 85 number is when camp starts IDK

PorkRinds

Takenem now and work the numbers out later.  Tennessee has been doing it for years now.

RaisinHog

I think this kid deserves an offer for what his brother gave us

Music City Hog

So the 2018 is gonna very poor if you're interesting in class rankings. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 30, 2017, 07:30:50 pm
I think this kid deserves an offer for what his brother gave us

You can't be serious...you don't compete in the sec by offering good will scholarships

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 30, 2017, 07:29:16 pm
Takenem now and work the numbers out later.  Tennessee has been doing it for years now.

First of all, Tenner wasn't taking the likes of what we're taking with these blueshirts. Secondly, isnt it pretty much the Hogville concensus that Bielema doesn't "work the numbers out?"

RaisinHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2017, 07:33:37 pm
You can't be serious...you don't compete in the sec by offering good will scholarships

Pretty serious .. consensus all American , Mackey award winner ..

WooPig90

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 30, 2017, 07:34:17 pm
What is the thinking on blue shirting in general?

It's what Tennessee does. Blue shirting has these players on campus earlier and counts towards the next class, but you can do that next year too so technically we can still sign 23-25 if we want next year as long as we just get a couple of them to blue shirt as well. Pretty much can keep rolling it on year to year

WooPig90

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2017, 07:35:31 pm
First of all, Tenner wasn't taking the likes of what we're taking with these blueshirts. Secondly, isnt it pretty much the Hogville concensus that Bielema doesn't "work the numbers out?"

Yes they were, they were taking up to almost 5 for a few years back to back

King Kong

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2017, 07:32:19 pm

Well if we are going by recruiting rankings. They won't be included. We will just signs less players.

WooPig90

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2017, 07:32:19 pm

I think they technically count on this year rankings

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 30, 2017, 07:43:56 pm
Pretty serious .. consensus all American , Mackey award winner ..

i didn't realize we are re-recruiting Hunter

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2017, 07:45:21 pm

I was referring to quality, not quantity

luke hawg

Quote from: factchecker on January 30, 2017, 06:33:55 pm

You want a PC answer or the truth. The easiest way to find stud underrated kids is look for a certain type that tend to get little attention.

Music City Hog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2017, 07:45:21 pm

Tennessee's blue shirts were way more desired by our peers than ours.

Bubba's Bruisers

Forget about ranking.  Why hasn't he been offered?  Why didn't we offer?

WooPig90

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2017, 07:57:14 pm
Tennessee's blue shirts were way more desired by our peers than ours.

How did that turn out for them?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2017, 08:00:11 pm
How did that turn out for them?

They have a crappy coach, but player talent is undeniable. 

hawginbigd1

This one I am not sure about, I figured he would be a preferred walk on if he didn't go to service academies or Dartmouth. He might grow into a nice OLB, just a thought I know there is a limit on preferred walk ons maybe we are close to being maxed out there?

bennyl08

He doesn't have very good acceleration and his top speed is only decent. However yeah, I'd say he's a 2 star, and maybe even a low 3* so being completely unranked is a bit of a surprise.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 30, 2017, 08:06:22 pm
He doesn't have very good acceleration and his top speed is only decent. However yeah, I'd say he's a 2 star, and maybe even a low 3* so being completely unranked is a bit of a surprise.

He's probably just never been evaluated. 

HardingHog

Wow, I'm surprised we hadn't heard about him being a legit option sooner. I like his frame with the potential to be a good coverage LB. He has really good ball skills and looks to be a head hunter, but he makes sound tackles when the big hit isn't there. Some will complain saying this is a family/charity offer, but I think this kid has real potential to be a good player here in a few seasons