Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop tweeting players and recruits

Started by Nosboar Accubond, January 30, 2017, 09:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

If this is what your consider your contribution just stop... It's ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/keithhardin3/status/825730123756347392

Music City Hog

Tweeting recruits is not a good move.  I agree. 

The_Iceman

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 30, 2017, 09:02:46 am

And at least spell correctly.  Lose not loose.

Bacon_Bitz

I clicked on this dude's twitter account.  He should just stop tweeting period.  He's embarrassing himself.

hvsupastar

Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you should use it. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

theshiva

Man, the media/fans have not been kind to LaFrance since he's been here.

jbcarol

State beat writer, Logan Lowery posted a flowchart to help determine when it is okay to tweet recruits:

https://twitter.com/loganlowery/status/824026422083801088
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

colbs

Some of the Arkansas fans that have access to Twitter are not the brightest.

Virgil

Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2017, 09:39:27 am
State beat writer, Logan Lowery posted a flowchart to help determine when it is okay to tweet recruits:

That's HILARIOUS!!
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

PonderinHog

ricepig

Adam Stokes

Twitter is the Catfish Hole of the internet. I can be argued that it doesn't make the slightest of difference, but I think when done right it can be a boon. This guy doesn't get that.

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

PonderinHog

The_Iceman

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 30, 2017, 09:26:42 am
Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you should use it.

Technically, freedom of speech does not apply to twitter.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2017, 09:39:27 am

awesome
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Piggfoot

I see no positive reason to Tweet a recruit unless it is a generic but positive response ie
WPS!! or Go Hogs!!!  Leave all else to the coaches.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RazorPiggie

Or just get off twitter anyways. Its dumb and that's coming from someone that is 30.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 30, 2017, 01:14:45 pm
Or just get off twitter anyways. Its dumb and that's coming from someone that is 30.
I like it for sports news and world news. That's about it.

WriterWrong

Technically, he didn't tweet a recruit. He tweeted a player. Just sayin.

mizzouman

I have a different take on tweeting recruits as a fan.

First, I don't do it.  It's not right.

That being said, a recruit uses Twitter to his advantage.  So, he needs to be able to take the good with the bad.  If he doesn't want to read the bad, then get off Twitter.  It's that simple.

It's like the paparazzi.  Stars love it when it benefits them but hate it when it's inconvenient to them.  Can't have it both ways.  They just need to deal with it.

Besides, I don't think recruits care if someone is bashing him for the choice he makes.  I mean a small handful might, but the majority probably don't.

hawganatic

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 30, 2017, 12:00:38 pm
Technically, freedom of speech does not apply to twitter.

There's no technically about it.  It doesn't apply to Twitter period.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I think the creepy lame recruiting writers that cover Arkansas have done way more damage to Arkansas' recruiting than the collective Razorback fans.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: mizzouman on January 30, 2017, 01:52:54 pm
I have a different take on tweeting recruits as a fan.

First, I don't do it.  It's not right.

That being said, a recruit uses Twitter to his advantage.  So, he needs to be able to take the good with the bad.  If he doesn't want to read the bad, then get off Twitter.  It's that simple.

It's like the paparazzi.  Stars love it when it benefits them but hate it when it's inconvenient to them.  Can't have it both ways.  They just need to deal with it.

Besides, I don't think recruits care if someone is bashing him for the choice he makes.  I mean a small handful might, but the majority probably don't.
So you're saying if he wants to be on Twitter he should expect random people to hit him up about his cousins life decisions?

By the way, just a reminder these are kids, be harassed by grown folks.

Also, celebs get paid for their work, these kids are playing a sport to get an education.

Lastly, many of them are not using it for the lime light. Many simply post they're excitement to get an offer, and where they commit to. I don't see what advantage they are getting from it?

No, I don't agree with you. They are not the same.

LRHawg

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 30, 2017, 02:17:01 pm

I think the creepy lame recruiting writers that cover Arkansas have done way more damage to Arkansas' recruiting than the collective Razorback fans.

No joke. The next writer that releases a recruits commit to the public before the recruit needs to be fired.

oldbear

Quote from: colbs on January 30, 2017, 09:44:32 am
Some of the Arkansas fans that have access to Twitter are not the brightest.

I have a little different take:

Most humans that have access to oxygen aren't the brightest. It's better to remain silent and have others question your ignorance than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Also, I hope it is obvious that I'm agreeing with you and not pointing the comment at you.

tophawg19

some recruits love it and love engaging the fans . others not so much. It can be useful and a good way for players to learn about Arkansas .i know several have used it to learn about hunting, fishing and 4 wheeling in the state . . But if you're going to be negative at least go by ''BAMA JOE ''
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PintailKiller

I used to coach this kid in baseball - he's all of 20,  Still making a fool of himself. 
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."