Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is # 25?

Started by parallaxpig, January 29, 2017, 02:28:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

We currently have 22. We think we know who 23 & 24 will be. Who is # 25?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

onebadrubi

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 29, 2017, 02:28:32 pm

Chevin C and who else you counting on?

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

onebadrubi

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

January 29, 2017, 03:14:40 pm #5 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:11:36 pm by hawginbigd1
Quote from: parallaxpig on January 29, 2017, 02:28:32 pm
I am figuring Calloway, and Johnson as well, have no clue on 25, I was hoping for Clarke the ILB committed to OM, but who knows if that has legs or not. Who knows those may be the last 2 and add Richardson in the fall. We are certainly bumping up to if not over the 85 already.

Side note we only have like 11 Sr's next season, and not seeing as of yet any early entry candidates, without some attrition we could be looking at a sub 20 player class next year.

Update: RD and Dudley are saying we finish with Calloway and 2 DTs. My take is Johnson is one, who is the other? Young?

ricepig

rljjr

Johnson just committed, but I can't read it -- pay board stuff.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 03:14:40 pm
I am figuring Calloway, and Johnson as well, have no clue on 25, I was hoping for Clarke the ILB committed to OM, but who knows if that has legs or not. Who knows those may be the last 2 and add Richardson in the fall. We are certainly bumping up to if not over the 85 already.

Side note we only have like 11 Sr's next season, and not seeing as of yet any early entry candidates, without some attrition we could be looking at a sub 20 player class next year.

Update: RD and Dudley are saying we finish with Calloway and 2 DTs. My take is Johnson is one, who is the other? Young?

Gabe Richardson

Music City Hog

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 29, 2017, 04:17:52 pm
Gabe Martinez
Not sure he is who they are considering since he is most likely a 2018, but could be.

tophawg19

porter maybe ? i see Epley is projected to the hogs too by the crystal ball
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

parallaxpig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 04:21:34 pm

Porter was #22

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 04:21:34 pm
Porter is in already, Richardson seems to be a done deal, the only one we really have a lot of info on is Young, Epley could be an 11th hour offer.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 29, 2017, 04:17:52 pm
Gabe Richardson

Thinking maybe Richardson was told he has a blue shirt for sure and a 2017 schollie if things don't fall the way they want. i believe that's the mix up on early release verses NSD announcement.

Hawg Life

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 29, 2017, 04:31:24 pm
Thinking maybe Richardson was told he has a blue shirt for sure and a 2017 schollie if things don't fall the way they want. i believe that's the mix up on early release verses NSD announcement.

He's a blue shirt.

1highhog

Truth be told we don't know how many we have until signing day arrives.  It all depends on who that we have committed holds with us or folds.  If that happens we might be scrambling all over the place.  Dang I hate and love recruiting.

imtad16

Looks like Malik Young visited Mizzou this weekend. Would we take both Young and Johnson? Or since we landed Johnson does that say something about where we are with Young? Young seems to fit that 34 DE spot pretty well. I hope we land him. Seems like we need to add another DL that can play next season because of Beanum's retirement.

Amityvillehogger

Calloway.
Rest is icing.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 29, 2017, 05:07:45 pm
Calloway.
Rest is icing.
Calloway may be the end, apparently we are over the 85 at 24.

tophawg19

spring will see several leaving

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 06:27:40 pm
spring will see several leaving
Same thing I thought last year and it ended up being one, so who knows.

hawginbigd1

Maybe we can get Dwayne Fisher back LOL, apparently he is visiting Jonesboro this weekend.

tophawg19

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 06:45:32 pm
Same thing I thought last year and it ended up being one, so who knows.
i feel sure at least one goes elsewhere . he is in a loaded position that just got even deeper . Also i think 1 or 2 on defense leave because they don't fit the 3-4

Oklahawg

I think we are still chasing Malik Young. I think.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

tophawg19

Michael Epley is the wildcard here . Crystal ball projections has him as a hog , and i like his ability .Leveritt wanted him at Colorado and he has offers from them, Utah , Utah st . So we know he can play at a high level. and we just brought him in for a visit

menace_hawg3

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 07:21:08 pm
Michael Epley is the wildcard here . Crystal ball projections has him as a hog , and i like his ability .Leveritt wanted him at Colorado and he has offers from them, Utah , Utah st . So we know he can play at a high level. and we just brought him in for a visit

I think they want Epley to blue shirt. I don't think they are after Malik Young. I don't know the specifics.

tophawg19

i can't see Epley doing that with his offer list. hate to lose a good player

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 07:57:44 pm
i can't see Epley doing that with his offer list. hate to lose a good player

He's considering it.

tophawg19

He and Richardson would be major steals .Especially under those circumstances . Both are better than their recruiting levels show . both are speed guys that we need .

RaisinHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 07:13:13 pm
i feel sure at least one goes elsewhere . he is in a loaded position that just got even deeper . Also i think 1 or 2 on defense leave because they don't fit the 3-4

Tight end?

tophawg19

RB . and maybe a couple light LB's get lost in the shuffle

factchecker

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 08:15:28 pm
RB . and maybe a couple light LB's get lost in the shuffle

Juan Day should apply for a medical hardship.  I'm not sure if he wants to play ball elsewhere but it will be tough here.

I could see a quarterback moving on also.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tophawg19

Juan was the one on my mind . Storey might transfer also depending on who is second . we have a couple Lb's who are kind of light but don't seem to have SS speed .

tophawg19

our first three RB's are as good as anyone's including Bama and LSU and just got even deeper and better

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 08:24:48 pm
our first three RB's are as good as anyone's including Bama and LSU and just got even deeper and better

We just need Bama's typical OL.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

tophawg19

that is the difference so far

onebadrubi

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 29, 2017, 08:27:41 pm
We just need Bama's typical OL.

They can keep the ones that ride around with drugs and guns though

I could see Hayden Henry getting a scholarship offer.

Music City Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 11:17:09 pm
They can keep the ones that ride around with drugs and guns though

Um, I'd happily take a first round NFL draft pick at left tackle.   I couldn't give an eff about his drugs and guns.   These kids aren't here to learn.  Produce on the field and do whatever you want off it, short of rape and sexual assault.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 29, 2017, 11:28:38 pm
Um, I'd happily take a first round NFL draft pick at left tackle.   I couldn't give an eff about his drugs and guns.   These kids aren't here to learn.  Produce on the field and do whatever you want off it, short of rape and sexual assault.

You talking about the one that kept getting beat in the championship game?  To my knowledge the draft hasn't happened yet either.

ricepig

Maybe you should stick to the Titans as your team, then.

RazorPiggie

Wow

Music City Hog

Let me clarify.  I don't care at all about what Cam Robinson did.  Marijuana and a gun, if it's legal, being in the car doesnt bother me at all. Now, if a kid is shooting people and stuff then obviously that's a different story.  And like I said, no sexual assault is acceptable at all. But I really don't care one tiny bit about what cam did.   I'd be more than happy with a roster full of those kids. 

The majority of these kids would never in a million years graduate or even get accepted to college if not for football.  They're here to play sports and generate revenue for the school and perhaps themselves one day.  Be a good citizen if possible and play ball. 

Now, who is #25?

Quote from: Karma on January 29, 2017, 11:27:32 pm
I could see Hayden Henry getting a scholarship offer.
Looks like Hayden committed today.  He will blue shirt.

Hogwild

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2017, 08:59:36 am
Let me clarify.  I don't care at all about what Cam Robinson did.  Marijuana and a gun, if it's legal, being in the car doesnt bother me at all. Now, if a kid is shooting people and stuff then obviously that's a different story.  And like I said, no sexual assault is acceptable at all. But I really don't care one tiny bit about what cam did.   I'd be more than happy with a roster full of those kids. 

There were two guns and one was a stolen gun, the two Bama players were caught in a car with drugs and a stolen fire arm.  In a state that imprisons more per capita than any other state in the nation.

Quote"As I approached the vehicle I detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. I also found the front seat passenger, Laurence Jones had a handgun laying on his lap. After all suspects were removed from the vehicle, I found a bag of marijuana, in plain view laying on the front driver's floorboard and a stolen handgun under the seat. The driver, Cameron Robinson was arrested poss of CDS 1, for marijuana being found in his seat and Poss of a firearm. Both suspects were advised of their rights and booked into OCC."

Why were the charges dropped?

Quote"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning."  DA Jerry Jones

http://nypost.com/2016/06/20/da-i-didnt-charge-alabama-stars-because-they-play-football/

LRHawg

Quote from: Hogwild on January 30, 2017, 11:19:45 pm
There were two guns and one was a stolen gun, the two Bama players were caught in a car with drugs and a stolen fire arm.  In a state that imprisons more per capita than any other state in the nation.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/20/da-i-didnt-charge-alabama-stars-because-they-play-football/

Oh I remember that now. That's the world we live in. Our justice system is FUBAR.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Hogwild on January 30, 2017, 11:19:45 pm

Sounds like the DA is in the 'people helpin' bidness
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Peter Porker

We may could have had Cam if we had recruited/signed Steven Foley.

Of course Cam may not be Cam if that were the case.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

onebadrubi

Quote from: rzrbk4life on January 31, 2017, 04:47:28 am

Sounds like the DA is in the 'people helpin' bidness

Nick blamed the cop because he was an LSU fan though