QB for 2019 gets his offer.

Started by ricepig, January 28, 2017, 10:39:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

1highhog

BigSexyHog

Quote from: 1highhog on January 28, 2017, 10:40:28 am
I'll have to look him up.

#1 QB in Texass.  Might be the #1 QB Overall.   Might be a top 10 recruit. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

1highhog

Yep, he said on one interview that he like playing the spread, and that he thought Texas A/M and Okie States facilities were the best he's seen.  But that was before he even had the Hogs offer.  I hope he takes a visit, he'll really get to see and overall picture of what nice facilities really are.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 28, 2017, 10:48:37 am
Sure would be nice for a family connection to work out.

Don't think their is much of a connection anymore.  Believe there was a fallout a few years ago but in saying all of that there is still plenty of family in and around Arkansas that would like nothing more for him to be a Razorback.   Grant is a good kid and comes from an outstanding family.

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 28, 2017, 10:52:15 am
Don't think their is much of a connection anymore.  Believe there was a fallout a few years ago but in saying all of that there is still plenty of family in and around Arkansas that would like nothing more for him to be a Razorback.   Grant is a good kid and comes from an outstanding family.

Fallout from from his parents who are alums?

Nosboar Accubond

Big time prospect. Perfect fit for Enos offense. Hope he gives us a look.

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on January 28, 2017, 10:52:12 am
Yep, he said on one interview that he like playing the spread, and that he thought Texas A/M and Okie States facilities were the best he's seen.  But that was before he even had the Hogs offer.  I hope he takes a visit, he'll really get to see and overall picture of what nice facilities really are.

He came to spring practice last year, I think he knows about our facilities. He'll be up again this spring.

King Kong

Reservoir Hogs

71 tds as a sophomore.  Damn. Tx high school football sure has changed

LA Football fan

Have him move to Warren and throw to Treylon Burks for 2 more years, then bring both up to the hill. 

BigSexyHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 10:59:11 am
Fallout from from his parents who are alums?

His parents are not alums.  Grandfather

HogsonHicks

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 28, 2017, 11:38:54 am

Today's paper disagrees with you...

sowmonella

Who is his Grandfather? Fred Marshall?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 28, 2017, 11:38:54 am

According to RD,

"His ties to Arkansas run deep. His grandfather, Jim Price played linebacker for the Hogs' 1964 national championship team while his mother, Julie graduated from Arkansas in 1990 and his father, Chris earned his masters degree from Arkansas in 1994."

logand02

Razorbacks could sign top 2 players in Texas 2019! 

Hire Grants brother....

Piggfoot

Kids like this are exactly why I want to schedule home and home with teams in Texas in addition to TCU and A&M add Rice and Houston and dump the weak sisters we now schedule which in my opinion do nothing to help our recruiting.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 12:03:55 pm
According to RD,

"His ties to Arkansas run deep. His grandfather, Jim Price played linebacker for the Hogs' 1964 national championship team while his mother, Julie graduated from Arkansas in 1990 and his father, Chris earned his masters degree from Arkansas in 1994."

Leave him alone he is rolling

Dominicanhog

According to RD,

he uses alternative facts...

AirWarren

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 28, 2017, 11:28:15 am
Have him move to Warren and throw to Treylon Burks for 2 more years, then bring both up to the hill.

This.

BigSexyHog

According to RD,

Check your PM

Hogwild

He is getting lots of offers this week

QuoteThat didn't take long... #LSU and Matt Canada drop into St. Pius X and offer Grant Gunnell. Keep a very close eye on the 2019 QB.

Grant Gunnell @grantgunnell5
#AGTG! Wow! I am extremely blessed and honored to recieve an offer from Louisiana State University! #GeauxTigers

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 10:39:44 am
Grandfather played on 1964 team.

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/825381479366684674

He'll be offered by everyone, but I think he ends up @ Arkansas. It's a long way away, but just a feeling.

Tejano Jawg

2019...that's a long time to hold your breath.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

LRHawg

Assuming our program is still in good shape and we haven't devolved into Civil War by then, I like Arkansas' chances.

WriterWrong

Quote from: LRHawg on January 31, 2017, 01:16:21 pm
Assuming our program is still in good shape and we haven't devolved into Civil War by then, I like Arkansas' chances.

Ha. Agreed. Pulling in big-time recruits like this help recruit other big-time players. Got to find a way to get the guys who have strong ties to the school.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 28, 2017, 11:56:04 pm
He'll be offered by everyone, but I think he ends up @ Arkansas. It's a long way away, but just a feeling.

Even with his brother walking on at A&M? I'm not that confident at this point

http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-AM-lands-key-preferred-walk-on-target--50838276

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: King Kong on January 31, 2017, 01:26:30 pm

http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-AM-lands-key-preferred-walk-on-target--50838276
Several recruiting writers have said they feel very confident that Arkansas has the early lead. He and Brian Williams are also pretty good friends so that has to help us.

The 2019 class could be a top 10 class for us. Gunnell, Williams, Burks and Henry will all be 4 stars and It won't surprise me if the first 3 are 5 stars.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Pork Twain

I think seeing how Arkansas's qbs do over the next couple of years might sway him along with his deep family ties.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogdomer

Just FYI, Chevin Calloway and Brian Williams' Bishop Dunne team beat Gunnel's St. Pius team in the TAPPS semifinals this year.  TAPPS is not nearly the best football level in Texas, but it's pretty good. 

For comparison, Fayetteville barely beat Bishop Dunne in an early game this year and the eventual TAPPS champion, Dallas' Bishop Lynch (RWIII alma mater) got hammered by Texarkana Texas High in September.

Hawg Life

Quote from: King Kong on January 31, 2017, 01:26:30 pm

I doubt he stays there. He's extremely smart and can get a scholarship for academics to any Ivy League school, and since he agreed to walk on @ aTm he has been accepted to MIT.

tophawg19

we have to hope A&M blows up and Mazzone moves on.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 31, 2017, 02:24:43 pm
I doubt he stays there. He's extremely smart and can get a scholarship for academics to any Ivy League school, and since he agreed to walk on @ aTm he has been accepted to MIT.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheReal_Will

We will see.

Hawg Life

King Kong

January 31, 2017, 05:08:32 pm #36 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:25:03 pm by King Kong
Quote from: Hawg Life on January 31, 2017, 02:58:20 pm
It looks like you've got the answers on Will.

I don't know anything except Will is walking on at A&M