Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still looking at in state talent?

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 27, 2017, 06:14:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

JackJohnson

Hopefully it is Norwood.  There was zero reason to waste all that time on Stewart when Bucky and UF were involved as we stand zero chance heads up against them

factchecker

Possibly.  Maybe it's in relation to next years class.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 27, 2017, 06:19:58 am
Hopefully it is Norwood.  There was zero reason to waste all that time on Stewart when Bucky and UF were involved as we stand zero chance heads up against them

I hope not.  Offering Norwood would be a bad sign in regards to Calloway.

In the meantime, fire up the flight-tracker:

https://twitter.com/Tford1562/status/824069821335826433
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: factchecker on January 27, 2017, 06:22:02 am
Possibly.  Maybe it's in relation to next years class.

I would think they would be spending the last 2 days trying to finish this year's class.

factchecker

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 06:45:01 am
I would think they would be spending the last 2 days trying to finish this year's class.

Unless it's already filled.

Keep Troy James, add the two JUCO defensive linemen, and add Chevin Calloway and we will have 25.

Hopefully Richard or someone with some more info will drop a hint.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Also, just for future reference.

You can link tweets on here without a screenshot:

Across from Bielema's name (right hand side) there is a down arrow.

Click on that arrow

Click on copy link to tweet

copy the link/url

paste in hogville text box

https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/824950801915330561
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: factchecker on January 27, 2017, 06:47:36 am

Keep Troy James, add the two JUCO defensive linemen, and add Chevin Calloway and we will have 25.

Certainly could be the case. Just thought the wording/timing was interesting

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Richard isn't dropping any hints. He hasn't shown his face much since whole hog became a pay site
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 27, 2017, 07:21:08 am
Richard isn't dropping any hints. He hasn't shown his face much since whole hog became a pay site
He's been sick, took last week off. And yes, it refers to next season's class. E.K. is going to California for Johnson today, and Bielema and Rhoads are seeing Calloway on Saturday, the rest of the hay is in the barn.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 07:33:47 am
He's been sick, took last week off. And yes, it refers to next season's class. E.K. is going to California for Johnson today, and Bielema and Rhoads are seeing Calloway on Saturday, the rest of the hay is in the barn.
Be that as it may, what I said was true as well. Its understandable and not meant as a shot at him, but still true
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 27, 2017, 07:42:04 am
Be that as it may, what I said was true as well. Its understandable and not meant as a shot at him, but still true

True, we all work for someone......

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 07:55:28 am
True, we all work for someone......
Yep unfortunately. I do miss reading all of Richards tidbits. Gave me something to look forward to during the workweek/offseason

Bubba's Bruisers

What 2 JUCO DL?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

justmakeit2thebcs

Go root for another team.  I'm tired of your negative crap.  Everything you spew is a negative assumption.  Are you really suggesting we shouldn't try because because winning the battle might be difficult?

If you ever played sports,which i doubt, I'm going to assume you sucked because your "woe is me" ass was beat before you ever stepped on the field. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 07:33:47 am

Sounds like they might ought to be trying to get back in the James house

King Kong

RedyorNot

Hopefully he's talking about Bohanon. Listening to Dr. Hill last night, he was comparing him to Cam Newton and calling him an athletic freak.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:06:11 am
Sounds like they might ought to be trying to get back in the James house

He'll have to return for Norman, first.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 09:38:01 am
He'll have to return for Norman, first.

I didn't realize he was planning on staying....

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RedyorNot on January 27, 2017, 09:24:11 am
Hopefully he's talking about Bohanon. Listening to Dr. Hill last night, he was comparing him to Cam Newton and calling him an athletic freak.
The little bit I saw of him, if you project forward Cam Newton came to mind, betting he thinks the same, probably his love for the Barn.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 10:03:08 am
I didn't realize he was planning on staying....

Why, I thought you already had him flipped and enrolled.....

imtad16

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 06:14:52 am
Wonder what this means?

It's probably 2018 and Preferred Walk Ons

I feel like if it were Norwood it would mean a miss on Calloway not Stewart, but maybe they are taking Norwood if they were told they weren't getting Stewart by his parent in the in-home visit or something.

Richard Davenport

He's just reminding fans Arkansas is the No. 1 priority.  I know some don't believe it but Arkansas and especially Barry Lunney Jr. works very hard to make sure they don't overlook an Arkansas kid.

They get a firsthand look at the kids in camp and then they will go see the kids play during the season and while also watching game film.

The other schools coming in and offering usually haven't seen these kids at camp or play during the season. Those are the two best ways to evaluate a prospect.

The_Boot_stops_here

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 27, 2017, 11:01:15 am
He's just reminding fans Arkansas is the No. 1 priority.  I know some don't believe it but Arkansas and especially Barry Lunney Jr. works very hard to make sure they don't overlook an Arkansas kid.

They get a firsthand look at the kids in camp and then they will go see the kids play during the season and while also watching game film.

The other schools coming in and offering usually haven't seen these kids at camp or play during the season. Those are the two best ways to evaluate a prospect.

This is I believe.  I don't question their work ethic and thoroughness.  They aren't lazy.

ricepig