Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like both Calloway and Curl will commit on NSD

Started by ricepig, January 01, 2017, 02:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 13, 2017, 09:09:51 am
2 most recent crystal ball picks are for the good guys.  :razorback: :razorback:

True but one of those is Otis and there are also two OU predictions from last night.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 08:39:26 am
Yep, our coaches leave at 8pm, and he says he's moving up his commitment date.
LOL! after reading that, I am picturing Curl and his family OMG we have to move this along they may want to come back! Really I think they sold them back in the fall, and last night they just sealed the deal.

Muskliketusk

Canceled OU visit after talking to TCU but didn't cancel Baylor visit after last night. Not getting my hopes up cuz all he did was change his announcement date. Gonna commit before the visit to the hill also talk about grasping at straws
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 13, 2017, 11:08:31 am
Canceled OU visit after talking to TCU but didn't cancel Baylor visit after last night. Not getting my hopes up cuz all he did was change his announcement date. Gonna commit before the visit to the hill also talk about grasping at straws
You really think that is grasping at straws, Canceled OU visit, and changed his visit here to the day after he commits. If that is grasping at straws I got two fistfuls right now.

Ramboar

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 13, 2017, 11:08:31 am
Glass half full kinda guy are ya? :-\
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Muskliketusk

Hope I'm wrong and I usually ain't  but I ain't gotta good feeling on this one.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

ricepig

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 13, 2017, 11:40:26 am
Hope I'm wrong and I usually ain't  but I ain't gotta good feeling on this one.

Should we check that s record, lol?

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 13, 2017, 09:52:55 am
True but one of those is Otis and there are also two OU predictions from last night.
That settles it. He's not coming  ;)
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Bubba's Bruisers

So let me understand this...he recently announces that he's going to commit to a school on the 19th.  Then he reschedules his visit to UA for the 21st?  And cancels OU visit?

Is that about right?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 03:13:08 pm
So let me understand this...he recently announces that he's going to commit to a school on the 19th.  Then he reschedules his visit to UA for the 21st?  And cancels OU visit?

Is that about right?
Changed OU visit to Baylor this weekend.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 13, 2017, 03:29:44 pm
Changed OU visit to Baylor this weekend.

But is he visiting OU at all?  Do I have the rest about right?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 03:35:31 pm
But is he visiting OU at all?  Do I have the rest about right?
No doesn't have a OU visit scheduled right now & unless the 247 OU mods are clueless I wouldn't expect them to get one as they have stated Curl and OU have parted ways. And everything else looked right.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 13, 2017, 03:49:30 pm
No doesn't have a OU visit scheduled right now & unless the 247 OU mods are clueless I wouldn't expect them to get one as they have stated Curl and OU have parted ways. And everything else looked right.

So that being said, why wouldn't this latest news be a good sign for us?  I mean I'm one of the resident recruiting pessimists, but even I see this as a positive for us.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 03:51:13 pm
So that being said, why wouldn't this latest news be a good sign for us?  I mean I'm one of the resident recruiting pessimists, but even I see this as a positive for us.
I think it is good for us. The way I see it is our coaches in the in home visit last night convinced him to commit on the 19th and change his visit to the 20th to help recruit some of our other big prospects. I don't think it would make much sense to change his official visit date to the day after he announces a commitment if he isn't committing to us. Just my take on it though

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 03:51:13 pm
You hit the nail on the head there Eeyore ;D

buldozer

He had three of those hash tags or whatever after his tweet I seen posted on the article I read on a recruiting site I subscribe to. I assume one was for each of his three top schools or something. But there was none for us..... so I don't feel like this kid is coming at all. I didn't see that written in the article but it sure seemed obvious from that tweet if it was accurate... don't remember all the three schools referenced after the tweet but one was aTm and another was ole ms. I know I didn't see us listed there.

Muskliketusk

His dad done tweeted out last week that OU was out. OU ain't been getting one before last night.

buldozer

He had three of those hash tags or whatever after his tweet I seen posted on the article I read on a recruiting site I subscribe to. I assume one was for each of his three top schools or something. But there was none for us..... so I don't feel like this kid is coming at all. I didn't see that written in the article but it sure seemed obvious from that tweet if it was accurate... don't remember all the three schools referenced after the tweet but one was aTm and another was ole ms. I know I didn't see us listed there.

I may be way off base with what I'm reading into this, not even sure what hash tags are but it just makes sense to me we would be in on his tweet rather than the other schools if he were coming here.

buldozer

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 13, 2017, 04:13:16 pm
His dad done tweeted out last week that OU was out. OU ain't been getting one before last night.
What is his dad's twitter?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

CallThoseHawgs

Muskliketusk

His dad and him both were retweeting some bozo who covers OU with a funny last name and OU wasn't listed.

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on January 13, 2017, 04:14:55 pm

I may be way off base with what I'm reading into this, not even sure what hash tags are but it just makes sense to me we would be in on his tweet rather than the other schools if he were coming here.

Look again....

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/819727810638073856

HardingHog

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: HardingHog on January 13, 2017, 07:10:16 pm
https://twitter.com/Kam__Bam__/status/820069752345415680
Curl impressed by Baylor's facilities. He's there now

Does that emoji indicate he's impressed??

Looks more like he's awkwardly disappointed to me. But it could mean anything

presidenthog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 13, 2017, 11:44:17 pm
Does that emoji indicate he's impressed??

Looks more like he's awkwardly disappointed to me. But it could mean anything

That isn't an emoji I would use for being impressed but what do I know. I'm not a teen anymore.

HardingHog

Quote from: presidenthog on January 14, 2017, 01:00:02 am
That isn't an emoji I would use for being impressed but what do I know. I'm not a teen anymore.

Haha yes, for example: If there's a video of a big dunk or any impressive play then that emoji is used to express: "wow/can't believe it/that's crazy/etc"

JackJohnson

Any update on Calloway on his Tex visit? According to Yancy Porter it is a two team race between Ole Miss and Tex.  What a slap in the face that would be

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 14, 2017, 06:56:20 am
Any update on Calloway on his Tex visit? According to Yancy Porter it is a two team race between Ole Miss and Tex.  What a slap in the face that would be

Well Yancy Porter can't be trusted. He has flat out lied before in his reporting.

I wouldn't count Calloway yet as we still have his last official and CPR appears to getting the DC job

southeasthog

Quit trying to focus on everything negative you can. You know good and well that Yancy Porter is as big a Ole Miss homer as they come. I wouldn't put any stock into anything he says.

buldozer

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 05:24:20 pm
Look again....

Look again....

Lets Call Those Hogs!
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Looks like both Calloway and Curl will commit on NSD
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:23 pm »
ReplyQuoteModifyModify
Here is a story that does show us listed, so maybe we do have chance!

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/UPDATES-Anderson-previews-Missouri-50525818

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on January 14, 2017, 08:49:33 am
Look again....

Lets Call Those Hogs!
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Looks like both Calloway and Curl will commit on NSD
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:23 pm »
ReplyQuoteModifyModify
Here is a story that does show us listed, so maybe we do have chance!

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/UPDATES-Anderson-previews-Missouri-50525818

So you jump to conclusions, without all the facts, hmm.....

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2017, 09:17:12 am
So you jump to conclusions, without all the facts, hmm.....

First time that's ever happened on Hogville........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

colbs

I seen where one of the ESPN recruiting guys said Chevin rated the Texas visit 8 out of 10.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on January 15, 2017, 07:56:26 pm
I seen where one of the ESPN recruiting guys said Chevin rated the Texas visit 8 out of 10.

That should be easy to top.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

CallThoseHawgs

Update on Calloway, enjoyed his visit to Texas but was not blown away by the staff. Texas reporters for 247 say Arkansas leads and Texas has a lot of work to do to catch up. However the Ole Miss reporters are liking their chances. A recruiting analyst did put in a new crystal ball pick to Arkansas this morning.

Bubba's Bruisers

A finish with Young, Calloway and Curl would be outstanding.

NashvilleHog

Ole Miss is about to get bombed back to the stone ages with NCAA probation.  I don't see how anyone can seriously consider them until their sentence is handed down by the NCAA.  Yancy is a fool and I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

Arkiebarkie

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2017, 09:12:54 pm
I would call Smith a good recruiter, I guess to each his own.

Bristin Guidrey, Scoota Harris stayed put. LSU wanted Bristin, Bama offered Scoota.  Smith is a good recruiter as is Lunney.  Your not going to beat LSU for recruits to often, but Lunney beat LSU and Bama for Monteric Brown from Ashdown, Ar.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: Surfing8 on January 16, 2017, 11:08:00 am
Just like with basketball, a lot of football program issues can be put in the past in the interests of looking forward if recruiting shows promise.

If Bielema wants to give anyone interested in the program reason to hope for improvement here is where it starts and ends. 

Have to close on difference-makers like these to compete.

We have missed on some top talent that are making huge game changing plays.  This is the cusp this staff has got this team and recruiting, Agim, Scoota, Guidry, and Brown at the start of hopefully more.  This year was the year that Solomon Thomas was showing out, if we close on him we probably win at least two more games this year.  Next year it could be Cleveland, Fulton, or the safety that went to texas that was blocking punts this year (I think Jones?).

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 16, 2017, 10:03:04 am
A finish with Young, Calloway and Curl would be outstanding.

agree, let's throw Brad Stewart on the pile as well.. may finally be the DB class we've been waiting for...

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 16, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
agree, let's throw Brad Stewart on the pile as well.. may finally be the DB class we've been waiting for...

I don't think we'll sign 6 DB's, no matter who they are.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 02:46:33 pm
I don't think we'll sign 6 DB's, no matter who they are.

Do you not think we'd take Calloway and Curl?

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 16, 2017, 02:50:13 pm
Do you not think we'd take Calloway and Curl?

Yeah, I do, lol. I guess I meant 7.......2 safeties and 4 CB's.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 16, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
I wouldn't get hopes up with Stewart, but it does look like we will get a visit so there is always a chance but the team to beat is Florida and they will get the last visit.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 02:58:06 pm

It's still not evident to me who the S's are after Brown and Curl (if we get Curl).  Supposedly Hernandez is the 3rd S.  If so, then we'd have 7 DB's in the class if one of those athletes, like Warran, is a CB.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 16, 2017, 03:00:33 pm
It's still not evident to me who the S's are after Brown and Curl (if we get Curl).  Supposedly Hernandez is the 3rd S.  If so, then we'd have 7 DB's in the class if one of those athletes, like Warran, is a CB.

Who knows, maybe the whole class is made up of DB's, haha.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 02:58:06 pm

ha ha.. no way we'll take 6, that didn't take long to change your opinion. just kidding.. coaches probably know by now or have a good idea.. you think the trip to see Brad was covering bases just in case?  or first 2 to accept?

It's something to go from no depth to possibly stocked in one season....similar to LB's last year...

TNhawgfan

Quote from: NashvilleHog on January 16, 2017, 10:30:12 am
Ole Miss is about to get bombed back to the stone ages with NCAA probation.  I don't see how anyone can seriously consider them until their sentence is handed down by the NCAA.  Yancy is a fool and I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth
You can't really think Ole Miss is going to get bombed back to the stone age. To me, that implies SMU type penalty. They will probably get something like a one year bowl ban. I will be shocked if the NCAA actually lowers the boom, even if they deserve it
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol