Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like both Calloway and Curl will commit on NSD

Started by ricepig, January 01, 2017, 02:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

After watching Curls tape, that guy is the kind of S that the hogs used to have, Lasker, Atwater, Kennedy.  I'm shocked he's not rated higher.  I'd take him over Calloway in a heart beat if the hogs could only get the one.  He's a difference maker in the defensive backfield.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tusked on January 17, 2017, 09:01:43 am
After watching Curls tape, that guy is the kind of S that the hogs used to have, Lasker, Atwater, Kennedy.  I'm shocked he's not rated higher.  I'd take him over Calloway in a heart beat if the hogs could only get the one.  He's a difference maker in the defensive backfield.
IIRC he is coming here to play Nickel CB, maybe he will play both

Jim Harris

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 01, 2017, 04:11:56 pm
I'm just saying I don't agree we lose these players when it comes down to the wire because of bad luck.  I think we need better recruiters, especially on the defensive side of the ball

you make your own luck.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

King Kong

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 17, 2017, 09:25:58 am

Well Tevin Mitchell played that spot really well his senior year.  He was able to really help in run support as well as cover WR's and lay some decent hits.  So if he is coming to fill that role that is good.

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2017, 09:44:30 am
Well Tevin Mitchell played that spot really well his senior year.  He was able to really help in run support as well as cover WR's and lay some decent hits.  So if he is coming to fill that role that is good.

Yep, he shined in that roll his Sr year, for sure.

ricepig

Curl is announcing at 4 on Thursday, so be prepared for numerous threads at 4:01 wondering when he's going to announce.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 10:04:03 am
Curl is announcing at 4 on Thursday, so be prepared for numerous threads at 4:01 wondering when he's going to announce.

After 35,000 post you have this place figured out! haha

Pork Twain

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 01, 2017, 04:11:56 pm
I'm just saying I don't agree we lose these players when it comes down to the wire because of bad luck.  I think we need better recruiters, especially on the defensive side of the ball
I would say recruiting has looked pretty good the last few years and this year is more of the same.  Would be nice to have that one stud recruiter that could pull them all in, but what we have been getting is nothing to complain about.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 17, 2017, 09:25:58 am

Curtis from Jenks is headed here for that. Curl might be also, I haven't read that yet, though.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

colbs

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 17, 2017, 12:18:21 pm
Curtis from Jenks is headed here for that. Curl might be also, I haven't read that yet, though.
I'd seen an article awhile back that he was being recruited as a cb here.

colbs

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 17, 2017, 10:16:35 am
I would say recruiting has looked pretty good the last few years and this year is more of the same.  Would be nice to have that one stud recruiter that could pull them all in, but what we have been getting is nothing to complain about.
I read where if this class finishes in the top 25 it will be the first time that Arkansas has finished in the top 25 three straight years according to 247 composite rankings.  I don't think the recruiting has been amazing but it's been just a little above what the norm is at Arkansas.

woodrow hog call

Great chart Pork, I like the way we are trending now. Do the peaks correlate to coaching changes for the most part, ours and others as well?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Oklahawg

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 17, 2017, 12:44:34 pm
Great chart Pork, I like the way we are trending now. Do the peaks correlate to coaching changes for the most part, ours and others as well?

That would be an interesting bit of research.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

I mustache you a question

I Love how you can tell when Ole Piss started paying players!!
"I have 2 weapons; my arms, my legs and my brain." – Michael Vick

NashvilleHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 17, 2017, 06:59:19 am
You can't really think Ole Miss is going to get bombed back to the stone age. To me, that implies SMU type penalty. They will probably get something like a one year bowl ban. I will be shocked if the NCAA actually lowers the boom, even if they deserve it

The fact that Barney Farrar got fired like he did is a pretty big admission of guilt. Word is that burner phones he distributed were discovered and traced back to him.  Players given immunity are causing them trouble.

I don't think it's inconceivable that they lose 30-40 scholarships, have a multi-year bowl ban and have coaches with show causes.  That will bomb them back to the stone ages. 
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NashvilleHog on January 18, 2017, 11:17:26 am
The fact that Barney Farrar got fired like he did is a pretty big admission of guilt. Word is that burner phones he distributed were discovered and traced back to him.  Players given immunity are causing them trouble.

I don't think it's inconceivable that they lose 30-40 scholarships, have a multi-year bowl ban and have coaches with show causes.  That will bomb them back to the stone ages.
yep, and Freeze will get a show cause like The Vest did. He done. Back to High School, Beaver.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RaisinHog

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

monty hawg

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

I really hope so.  Looks like a great prospect.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RaisinHog

Crap I had it in my head today was Thursday lol ...

Hogdomer

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 18, 2017, 04:22:47 pm
So what's the predicted verdict on Curl? 

I have no inside knowledge but out of curiosity I went to his twitter account to see if that would give me a read on him.  You can see all the people a person has followed in chronological order.  ALL of his recent follows are current or future Hog recruits and players if that tells you anything.

bulldog04

Dudley is going to be there and I don't think he would go if he didn't have a good feeling or got tipped off..

ricepig

Quote from: bulldog04 on January 18, 2017, 07:36:54 pm
Dudley is going to be there and I don't think he would go if he didn't have a good feeling or got tipped off..

Well, so is West, but they've been wrong before. Although I do like our chances, in my best RD voice.......

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2017, 07:57:26 pm
Well, so is West, but they've been wrong before. Although I do like our chances, in my best RD voice.......

Always a good sign when the recruits last 10 Twitter follow are other Razorback commits

Hogdomer

Also, the TCU board has several posters saying TCU is out of it wth Curl...

Sugar Free Hog

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 18, 2017, 04:37:26 pm
I have no inside knowledge but out of curiosity I went to his twitter account to see if that would give me a read on him.  You can see all the people a person has followed in chronological order.  ALL of his recent follows are current or future Hog recruits and players if that tells you anything.

Yup, last 9 follows are all Razorback commits. I would be DGB shocked if he didn't pick Arkansas.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

Next1_04

Will be able to watch his announcement at 4:00 P.M. today here:

http://rougher.tv/

Razorpigg

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

tophawg19

crystal ball is spinning our way . lets hope he can swing others if he is with us
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jgphillips3

Gotta admit, I love Curl's size and athleticism at CB.  Looking good on him.

tophawg19

he is a free safety and a good one . the kid plays well in space and hits hard . he will be in the mode of some of our past kids , a big hitter that can cover a lot of ground in a hurry and plays the ball well in the air . only thing i can see in his game that needs work is he goes for the hit and doesn't always wrap up. he is a kid who is skilled enough to be a top WR and Kick return man too if he chooses

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 12:49:58 pm
he is a free safety and a good one . the kid plays well in space and hits hard . he will be in the mode of some of our past kids , a big hitter that can cover a lot of ground in a hurry and plays the ball well in the air . only thing i can see in his game that needs work is he goes for the hit and doesn't always wrap up. he is a kid who is skilled enough to be a top WR and Kick return man too if he chooses

Your last comment is something we've really lacked, db's with the speed to return kicks and punts.

tophawg19

this kid can play on either side of the ball . he's that good at WR too but is a natural free safety . he epitomizes the term ball hawk. but if needed could play some SS but is a bit light . excellent closing speed and timing

Next1_04

Arkiebarkie

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ThisTeetsTaken

presidenthog

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: presidenthog on January 19, 2017, 07:07:27 pm
Clearly he was keeping an eye on curl or arkansas commits.
Maybe Calloway is going somewhere else since Curls is going to UA???

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 19, 2017, 07:20:30 pmi
Maybe Calloway is going somewhere else since Curls is going to UA???

Lol, no. If Calloway isn't a Hog it has nothing to do with Curl joining

tophawg19

they will both be here together on the 20th and appear  to be friends

PorkRinds