Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9-9 gets us in because of our SOS

Started by checkraiser88, January 17, 2018, 10:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Sad to even worry about making it in. We were looking at a 3 seed just a month ago

GoHogs1091

January 17, 2018, 11:09:02 pm #1 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:30:28 pm by GoHogs1091
I just don't see 9-9.

I only see 5 more SEC wins, which would be 7-11.  That won't be good enough to get in the NCAAT.

hog.goblin

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 17, 2018, 11:09:02 pm
I just don't see 9-9.

I only see 5 more SEC wins, which would be 7-12.  That won't be good enough to get in the NCAAT.

There is absolutely no way we go 7 - 12 in SEC play.  It will never happen and you can take that to the bank.  Bet your houses and mine.

hobhog

hobhog

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 17, 2018, 11:11:48 pm
There is absolutely no way we go 7 - 12 in SEC play.  It will never happen and you can take that to the bank.  Bet your houses and mine.

Wow.

hog.goblin

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 17, 2018, 11:11:48 pm

I posted the following the other day.

at Florida   Loss
Ole Miss   Win
at Georgia   Loss
at Texas A&M   Loss
at LSU   Loss
South Carolina   Win
Vanderbilt   Win
at Ole Miss   Loss
Texas A&M   Win
Kentucky   Loss
at Alabama   Win
Auburn   Loss
at Missouri   Loss

We better start playing better defense, we better start shooting free throws better, we better start getting better bench production, and we better stop standing around and watching 2 players jack up shots (those 2 being Barford and Macon).

Nickle-Pig

the way we look we are not going anywhere
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

hog.goblin

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 17, 2018, 11:16:45 pm
I posted the following the other day.

at Florida   Loss
Ole Miss   Win
at Georgia   Loss
at Texas A&M   Loss
at LSU   Loss
South Carolina   Win
Vanderbilt   Win
at Ole Miss   Loss
Texas A&M   Win
Kentucky   Loss
at Alabama   Win
Auburn   Loss
at Missouri   Loss

We better start playing better defense, we better start shooting free throws better, we better start getting better bench production, and we better stop standing around and watching 2 players jack up shots (those 2 being Barford and Macon).

And you are still wrong, that's not 7 - 12.  Though I agree with your analysis of why we will struggle.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 17, 2018, 11:23:41 pm
And you are still wrong, that's not 7 - 12.  Though I agree with your analysis of why we will struggle.

7-11.  Oops.  1 game off.  :)

Beaverfever

9-9 isn't good enough in year seven with four senior starters. 

The real Hogules

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 18, 2018, 04:05:10 am
And I'm a Mike Anderson fan, but even I must agree with this.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Letsroll1200

The depth of this conference is good. Arkansas will be 4-4 after tge Georgia game. 10-8 is alright with me. Just get in and anything can happen.

TNRazorbacker

This just might be a year for change with a new AD. We got rid of an underperforming football coach. No reason not to do the same for basketball. They both make too much money to put up with poor results year in and out. Even less for basketball imo. Unlike football there's no reason Arkansas can't be nationally relevant in basketball. Anderson doesn't seem capable of meeting that bar though. If we fail to reach the tourney this year its definitely time.

razorpimp

Unfortunately, Mike has a pass no matter the finish this year!  He has made the tournament 2 out of the past 3 years....there is no way the higher ups would fire an African American coach with those results....it just isn't going to happen folks....the backlash from the media would be terrible!  3 African American coaches fired in the last 20 years.  I know it's stupid but that is our PC world!

Now the turd of a season next year will close the book on CMA, a young, not very talented team

lynbug

lynbug

and remember...only two of those are 4 yr. Seniors.  And only one of those are making significant contributions.

20gauge

Quote from: lynbug on January 18, 2018, 06:38:03 am
and remember...only two of those are 4 yr. Seniors.  And only one of those are making significant contributions.
And remember recruiting is all on the head coach and how many folks told us how good these players were. All of them play and should be contributing. Especially the 4 year guys that MA supposedly can develop that he recruited for his SYSTEM

20gauge

We should be playing better than this

Davidr295

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 17, 2018, 11:23:41 pm

Which games is he wrong about? It actually could be worse than that, his prediction is assuming we win all of the rest of the home games.

TNhawgfan

The seniors are the problem. The only players I enjoy watching on this team are underclassmen
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HawgTrough

we're 2-4 with 2 50/50 wins and 4 convincing losses. Sure this team could improve, but they are not a tournament team at this point. I honestly don't see them getting to .500 in league play. Barford had a career night, Gafford played well, CJ came out of his coma and we still weren't even competitive.
WPS

FineAsSwine

I think 9-9 will do it but we definitely can't drop anymore home games and we need to steal one on the road somewhere.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 18, 2018, 09:01:27 am
we're 2-4 with 2 50/50 wins and 4 convincing losses. Sure this team could improve, but they are not a tournament team at this point. I honestly don't see them getting to .500 in league play. Barford had a career night, Gafford played well, CJ came out of his coma and we still weren't even competitive.

CJ went 2-6 from the field.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 17, 2018, 10:24:16 pm
We were looking at a 3 seed just a month ago

No we weren't.. a figment of imaginations... we are not that talented.. a lot of good players in the SEC now... 9 and 9 is a good target..

Adam Stokes

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 18, 2018, 09:04:40 am

But hey, those six points were his highest scoring total since Christmas.

hogsanity

The SEC is a bit of a mirage. While the rpi/bpi is really good, you do not look at the sec and think " man they have 3 or 4 teams that could make the final 4.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 18, 2018, 09:12:55 am
The SEC is a bit of a mirage. While the rpi/bpi is really good, you do not look at the sec and think " man they have 3 or 4 teams that could make the final 4.

Remains to be seen.. they are deeper and better than last year... maybe not team by team, but enough good teams, that 2 or 3 could go further than expected, similar to last year..

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 18, 2018, 09:16:02 am
Remains to be seen.. they are deeper and better than last year... maybe not team by team, but enough good teams, that 2 or 3 could go further than expected, similar to last year..

That can happen, but last year KY and FLA looked like Final 4 teams. This year, no SEC team looks like that. Sure, one or two could get hot and make it.

But you make a good point, the SEC is deeper and many teams are improved, but the Hogs are not any better, and may in fact be worse, than last season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

EastexHawg

Arkansas basketball has been degraded to the point that simply making the tournament field is considered an accomplishment.  Actually, at this point it is a goal to be achieved if we can improve. 

Outstanding.  Go, Mike!

HawgTrough

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 18, 2018, 09:04:40 am
but he struck iron on a couple of those misses!
WPS

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 18, 2018, 09:09:18 am
But hey, those six points were his highest scoring total since Christmas.

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 18, 2018, 09:55:11 am
but he struck iron on a couple of those misses!

Keep hope alive!  ;D
Hogs up! Covid down!

hog.goblin

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 18, 2018, 06:53:07 am
Which games is he wrong about? It actually could be worse than that, his prediction is assuming we win all of the rest of the home games.

The 19th conference game, but he figured it out

Oliver

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 18, 2018, 07:50:07 pm
The 19th conference game, but he figured it out

If you consider the SECT conference play, 7-12 is very likely.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Oliver on January 18, 2018, 07:54:33 pm
If you consider the SECT conference play, 7-12 is very likely.

Totally agree

Sivad

Quote from: razorpimp on January 18, 2018, 06:16:31 am
Now the turd of a season next year will close the book on CMA, a young, not very talented team
Doubtful even the "Hateful Eight" will end this nostalgic journey.

golfinpig

I will donate for the buy out and help him move. We have one or maybe two years left with Gafford, I sure would hate to waste them with MA as coach.

golfinpig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 18, 2018, 04:26:49 am
The depth of this conference is good. Arkansas will be 4-4 after tge Georgia game. 10-8 is alright with me. Just get in and anything can happen.
If you really think this team will win 8 of the next 12 conference games you haven't been paying attention.

golfinpig

I say we get to 15 and 15 and keep MA's streak of not having a losing season alive. Yea!  🐎💩🤮

Captain Morgan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 18, 2018, 06:16:31 am
Unfortunately, Mike has a pass no matter the finish this year!  He has made the tournament 2 out of the past 3 years....there is no way the higher ups would fire an African American coach with those results....it just isn't going to happen folks....the backlash from the media would be terrible!  3 African American coaches fired in the last 20 years.  I know it's stupid but that is our PC world!

Jeff Long and his integrity is gone now. HY never hired Mike. So the game has changed but likely HY forces Mike to fire assistants first.

Champs04

What is wrong with firing 3 African American coaches? We have only had 4 and he was fired also.

majp51

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 17, 2018, 10:24:16 pm
Sad to even worry about making it in. We were looking at a 3 seed just a month ago

How do you see us getting to 9-9, there is zero evidence we can win an SEC road game and we have 6 of those left. even if we miraculously hold serve at home (include Kentucky, Auburn , and USC-E) , that buts us at 8-10

tomw

I dont see 9-9 in conference..at 12th place in sec currently the selection committee will pass arkansas by..mike gets out coached too much..another year of ho hum basketball we need a new coach that actually coaches and stresses fundamentals...free throws, rebounding, defense, and team play

hog.goblin

Quote from: Champs04 on January 19, 2018, 07:36:13 am
What is wrong with firing 3 African American coaches? We have only had 4 and he was fired also.

When it comes to college coaching, almost every single head coach is fired at some point.  We've fired 4 white ones in the same time period, 5 if you count Johnelle

Athog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 17, 2018, 11:09:02 pm
I just don't see 9-9.

I only see 5 more SEC wins, which would be 7-11.  That won't be good enough to get in the NCAAT.

The way we are playing I agree!

lynbug

We will finish 6-12 in the SEC. (Please let me be wrong!)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: lynbug on January 19, 2018, 05:17:07 pm
We will finish 6-12 in the SEC. (Please let me be wrong!)

Most likely you will be wrong.  What in MAs history makes you think we would have a record like that in conference?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 19, 2018, 05:43:17 pm
Most likely you will be wrong.  What in MAs history makes you think we would have a record like that in conference?

his dislike for Mike is the history...

PygmalionEffect2

Quotewe're 2-4 with 2 50/50 wins and 4 convincing losses. Sure this team could improve, but they are not a tournament team at this point. I honestly don't see them getting to .500 in league play.

Without Gafford, who similar to Portis, was an Arkansan and fairly pre-sold on signing with the Razorbacks since probably the age of 10, think what our front line would look like?

Arguably it would be one of the least talented front lines in all of college basketball, and I'm talking all 300+ teams!

That's inexcusable.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Beaverfever

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 20, 2018, 11:43:46 am
Without Gafford, who similar to Portis, was an Arkansan and fairly pre-sold on signing with the Razorbacks since probably the age of 10, think what our front line would look like?

Arguably it would be one of the least talented front lines in all of college basketball, and I'm talking all 300+ teams!

That's inexcusable.

Transfers and jucos is not a winning recipe.