Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach K just rolls the ball out

Started by MountieDawg, March 20, 2017, 06:41:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

Not only does he have the most McDonalds AA's but he has many that have been at Duke a few years and he still can't beat a lowly SEC team.  With all that talent anyone off the street could have coached Duke to a victory.
SEC!

870hogfan

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 20, 2017, 06:41:14 am
Not only does he have the most McDonalds AA's but he has many that have been at Duke a few years and he still can't beat a lowly SEC team.  With all that talent anyone off the street could have coached Duke to a victory.

Kentucky loses next to UCLA.

MountieDawg

SEC!

riccoar

UCLA beat Kentucky AT Rupp.  Refs closed the gap at the end.  It was not as close as the score makes it seem.  Kentucky, like other so called great ACC teams, have benefitted from loose calling.

Inhogswetrust

March 20, 2017, 08:06:37 am #4 Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:43:52 am by Inhogswetrust
I Usually root for the SEC against others But I NEVER root for Kentucky. I hope UCLA curb stomps them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoogaHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 20, 2017, 08:06:37 am
I Usually root for the SEC against others But I NEVER rot for Kentucky. I hope UCLA curb stomps them.

Yeah, I don't know who to root for here. I hate Kentucky, but I'm ready for the side show that is Levon Ball to shut the heck up and go home. Maybe I can just root for the earth to open up and swallow them all.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

LRHawg

If ever there was a game where neither could advance, it should be UCLA vs Kentucky. I'd refer UCLA advance I suppose.

riccoar

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 20, 2017, 08:20:40 am
Yeah, I don't know who to root for here. I hate Kentucky, but I'm ready for the side show that is Levon Ball to shut the heck up and go home. Maybe I can just root for the earth to open up and swallow them all.
Nope, the more these one and dones figure out they have other options besides Kentucky, the better it will be for everybody.  Kentucky losing will help teams like us have the narrative to push that point.

ShadowHawg

Kentucky is by far the most talented team in college basketball, but you won't even make the elite eight because they don't play defense.

Your team started out as a very up tempo team and now they don't score 80. And it's because they are tired and don't want to run anymore and your coach can't inspire them to do it so he is claiming that by playing with less fire and urgency that they have "grown".

Just another year of wasting nba all star talent fixing to come to an end.

theFlyingHog

That's a very ignorant post. Any team can have an off day and be beaten

jm

Quote from: riccoar on March 20, 2017, 08:39:29 am
Nope, the more these one and dones figure out they have other options besides Kentucky, the better it will be for everybody.  Kentucky losing will help teams like us have the narrative to push that point.

Why would they ever consider not going to Kentucky? If you are that top player, why would you not go to someplace that gets advantaged officiating? Why would you not go someplace that gets advantaged press coverage? The one and done stuff is caused by money and the idea that the best players are the golden goose and must be protected. The NBA is the same way. Stars do not play by the same rules as everybody else.

hogwood

Coach K has 5 rings. Dude knows how to win. It's called March Madness for a reason. And SC is not "lowly". They showed they have as much talent as anyone in the SW16. Rakym Felder looked like a MDAA.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jm on March 20, 2017, 09:36:02 am
Why would they ever consider not going to Kentucky? If you are that top player, why would you not go to someplace that gets advantaged officiating? Why would you not go someplace that gets advantaged press coverage? The one and done stuff is caused by money and the idea that the best players are the golden goose and must be protected. The NBA is the same way. Stars do not play by the same rules as everybody else.
And hell, they don't even have to go to school!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 20, 2017, 06:45:52 am
Kentucky loses next to UCLA.
Although its hard to admit because of his dad, Lonzo Ball is the real deal. If we had a true do it all PG like him this year national championship would be the limit. If he wanted to score 30 he could and if he wanted to have 10 assist every game he could. He can literally do what he wants to on a basketball court. That's very rare in today's game.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 20, 2017, 08:20:40 am
Gotta give Lonzo credit. At first I thought his day was all talk but after watching him play a few whole games Lonzo is the real deal. Not just a side show. I don't like how his dad handles things but Lonze seems totally different from his day. Kind of like Mike Tyson and Don King I guess. I talk you play.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jm on March 20, 2017, 09:36:02 am
Trust me, if Malik Monk were playing for the Hogs he would still get the "superstar" calls. In college basketball they protect the best players as well as the best teams. Simple as that. Same way in the pros.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogwood on March 20, 2017, 09:48:07 am
Rakym Felder looked like a MDAA.
Kid is an absolute gamer. Not scared of the moment. Hell, if we had him at the point we would still be playing. That's the only thing we are lacking is a true floor general. Like the Pressey kid he had when he was at Mizzou.

MountieDawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 20, 2017, 09:28:24 am
That's a very ignorant post. Any team can have an off day and be beaten

DUH! Sarcasm... every time Cal loses people say anybody could win with that talent.  Duke had tons more talent than anyone this year with upper classmen. Your post is exactly what I was saying and just having talent doesn't guarantee a win.
SEC!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 21, 2017, 05:33:50 am
DUH! Sarcasm... every time Cal loses people say anybody could win with that talent.  Duke had tons more talent than anyone this year with upper classmen. Your post is exactly what I was saying and just having talent doesn't guarantee a win.

Especially when underachieving Calipari is coaching that talent.

Hogimus Prime

Duke played all season without a true PG.  Coach K moved Grayson Allen to the point. Not his natural position.   IMO Roy Williams doesn't really coach. His strategy is to push it up the court if no fastbreak throw up a shot and get an offensive rebound.