Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets strip away all sanity and ask a crazy question...

Started by brenthog, September 09, 2012, 09:30:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brenthog

what happens if we beat Bama? I know it's not going to happen, but lets just ask the question just because it beats feeling like crap after this weekend all week long. So pretend that we beat Bama for just 5 minutes.

What is the mood and situation after the game. Does it change anything?

Ragnar Hogbrok

We celebrate the win, just like we did against LSU in 2007, and fire the coach. 

Fire John L. Smith.  Yesterday.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Nashville Fan

AR is hosed because of OK St last year. A loss to ULM will keep AR out of the BCSNC game.
Pittman or Bust!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

chortle

EastexHawg

I would be happy we won, but honestly I don't think there is anything that can make up for what we saw last night.  I'd still be POed.

We got severely outcoached by ULM.  What I saw last night, and really over the first two games, is unforgiveable in terms of my interest in keeping this coaching staff.  I want the house cleaned at the end of the season.

56Hog

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

What if we beat Bama AND ULM beat the Barners at the barn?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MM-gohogs

The SEC will have a tough time putting a team in the BCS NCG if we beat Bama. Bama beats LSU, we win out including SEC CG... Hello Sugar Bowl!

There would have to be no undefeated teams in FBS, plus Bama and LSU would have to be 2 loss teams.
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 09, 2012, 09:41:37 pm
What if we beat Bama AND ULM beat the Barners at the barn?

Then ULM, us, and Alabama are all top 10 teams. When Arkansas State beats ULM and joins us all in the top 10 it will be PANDEMONIUM

Wahls

Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 09, 2012, 09:35:10 pm
AR is hosed because of OK St last year. A loss to ULM will keep AR out of the BCSNC game.

...as it should
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

MM-gohogs

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 09, 2012, 09:44:53 pm
Then ULM, us, and Alabama are all top 10 teams. When Arkansas State beats ULM and joins us all in the top 10 it will be PANDEMONIUM
But where does this leave Jacksonville State? Outside looking in on BCS?
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

Fayettechill14

Quote from: MM-gohogs on September 09, 2012, 09:52:07 pm
But where does this leave Jacksonville State? Outside looking in on BCS?

Jacksonville State will be headed for the BCS but their train will derail in late October when they lose to The Citadel.

razorbackcpa

At this point, even if we run the table, we're still left out of the NC. Thus, I'd be even more pissed than I am now knowing that our team was robbed because of a lack of coaching and not a lack of talent.

At this point, it looks like we suffer from both, so I don't see this becoming an issue.

MrThunderhog

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

la20688

I like this thread, it allows me to totally leave reality.

Chad In Real Life

I would be pissed because we would have lost the opportunity to possibly be the best team in the country because we got our nuts kicked in the week before by ULM.

The only thing that would even remotely begin to make me forget about the ULM game is winning out.

Thats it
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

choicesthops

Championship game is out of the question even if we win out in my opinion. If a miracle happens and we beat Alabama, we can still salvage the season. But that is a HUGE if.

Jdub

We would not know because the Hogville servers would have another meltdown.

I could not get on till about 2am after the ULM game.