4-4

Started by popcornhog, January 23, 2018, 09:24:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

WPS

razorpimp

Quote from: popcornhog on January 23, 2018, 09:24:04 pm
Climbing back.

Yep two much needed wins hopefully building their confidence back!  Helps even things and make up for the home loss.

popcornhog

Quote from: razorpimp on January 23, 2018, 09:27:11 pm
Yep two much needed wins hopefully building their confidence back!  Helps even things and make up for the home loss.

Exactly. And if we end up 12-4, extend Mike and give him a raise. If we end up 4-12, fire him.

Until then, enjoy and/or suffer the ride. Do not declare him the best or call for his head.
WPS

razCzar

Posted elsewhere... seems like a better place to put this FYI:

SEC
Nearing the mid-point - middle of the pack, tied with OM at 4-4
FL   6-1   --
AU   5-1   .5
KY   5-3   1.5
TN   5-3   1.5
AL   5-3   1.5
MO  3-3   2.5
AR   4-4   2.5
OM   4-4   2.5
LSU  3-4   3
SC   3-4   3
GA   3-5   3.5
MSU 2-5   4
AM   2-6   4.5
VU   2-6   4.5

Ten to go:
@AM
@LSU
SC
VU
@OM
AM
KY
@AL
AU
@MO

niels_boar

In a league that probably has 8 bids 12 teams have 3+ losses.  There's a good chance Auburn picks up their second loss tomorrow night.  UF looks to have a chance to open up a lead with their schedule but might get reeled in late.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

The_Iceman

Auburn is a good team, and has no seniors that play. So they will be good again next year.

We need to be AT LEAST 6-6 in league play going to Ole Miss. This remaining schedule looks tough.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 24, 2018, 09:23:47 am
Auburn is a good team, and has no seniors that play. So they will be good again next year.
If they're not on probation

Letsroll1200

Quote from: popcornhog on January 23, 2018, 09:24:04 pm
Climbing back.

Right were I thought we would be. 4-4 in the league play after Tuesday. The hogs are currently in good position to make it to the NCAA tournament.

USChog

We'd be sitting pretty if we had finished that MSST game and not layed an egg against LSU, but it just wouldn't be Arkansas athletics without some drama and questionable losses.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 24, 2018, 09:24:51 am
If they're not on probation

Schultz from the AJC had some great lines on AU and Pearl in this piece he wrote after UGa's collapse over the weekend:

http://www.myajc.com/blog/jeff-schultz/georgia-collapses-auburn-and-that-mark-fox/rd03gju0Od5HRhm6h9UwjJ/

"This is Auburn. In the world of major collegiate athletics, the school resides at the corner of Success and Shame. Hazmat suits should be for sale at the campus bookstore."
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: USChog on January 24, 2018, 09:26:52 am
We'd be sitting pretty if we had finished that MSST game and not layed an egg against LSU, but it just wouldn't be Arkansas athletics without some drama and questionable losses.

I get you.  But we would be in a tough position if Tenn doesn't miss that FT near the end of regulation and if we hadn't survived vs Mizzou or last night. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 24, 2018, 09:38:10 am
I get you.  But we would be in a tough position if Tenn doesn't miss that FT near the end of regulation and if we hadn't survived vs Mizzou or last night.
A&M would be 0-8 if they didn't get lucky twice. Things happen
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 24, 2018, 09:40:33 am
A&M would be 0-8 if they didn't get lucky twice. Things happen

You get it.  Congratulations. 

HF#1

@AM - Loss
@LSU - Loss
SC - Win
VU - Win
@OM - Win
AM - Win
KY - Win
@AL - Loss
AU - Loss
@MO - Loss
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HF#1 on January 24, 2018, 10:00:50 am
@AM - Loss
@LSU - Loss
SC - Win
VU - Win
@OM - Win
AM - Win
KY - Win
@AL - Loss
AU - Loss
@MO - Loss

We need to fix our defense before going to Ole Miss.

I think we beat AU at home.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us win at LSU or A&M. 

Bama is UGa.  Defense focused.  Gets offense from the FT line although not as high of a % of their offense as UGa.  Could be a win.  Who knows how we'll be playing by then. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 24, 2018, 10:25:02 am
We need to fix our defense before going to Ole Miss.

I think we beat AU at home.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us win at LSU or A&M. 

Bama is UGa.  Defense focused.  Gets offense from the FT line although not as high of a % of their offense as UGa.  Could be a win.  Who knows how we'll be playing by then. 

Bama doesn't have the front line that Georgia has. Gafford should have a much better game against the Crimson Tide.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 24, 2018, 09:36:16 am
Schultz from the AJC had some great lines on AU and Pearl in this piece he wrote after UGa's collapse over the weekend:

http://www.myajc.com/blog/jeff-schultz/georgia-collapses-auburn-and-that-mark-fox/rd03gju0Od5HRhm6h9UwjJ/

"This is Auburn. In the world of major collegiate athletics, the school resides at the corner of Success and Shame. Hazmat suits should be for sale at the campus bookstore."

It's short lived success this season.

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 24, 2018, 10:25:02 am
We need to fix our defense

should have stopped right there. As long as they are playing D like they are, they could lose to anyone anywhere.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dominicanhog

Quote from: razCzar on January 24, 2018, 12:44:21 am
Posted elsewhere... seems like a better place to put this FYI:

SEC
Nearing the mid-point - middle of the pack, tied with OM at 4-4
FL   6-1   --
AU   5-1   .5
KY   5-3   1.5
TN   5-3   1.5
AL   5-3   1.5
MO  3-3   2.5
AR   4-4   2.5
OM   4-4   2.5
LSU  3-4   3
SC   3-4   3
GA   3-5   3.5
MSU 2-5   4
AM   2-6   4.5
VU   2-6   4.5

Ten to go:
@AM
@LSU
SC
VU
@OM
AM
KY
@AL
AU
@MO

MSU stings.. but we are not in bad shape.. win one of the next 2 and the road ahead looks brighter..

gmarv54

AUBURN, Ala. —

Pearl might not be the wholesome person in the world but he can coach. He'll do great, whichever side he coaches in the Prisoners vs. Guards game.

Now thats good .