Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (13-6, 3-4) @ Georgia (12-6, 3-4)

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 23, 2018, 04:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamHands

One day at a time.

hoglady

I'm happy!!
Our guys fought hard and pulled out the win.
Very proud of them.
And kudos to Trey Thompson for a fantastic block at the end.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

bhogs05

Great win especially battling back from 16 down..showed some fight and played solid defense the last 30 mins of the game and ots

FATHAWG08

This was a crazy good win. Down by 16 early and get the road win in 2 OT's.
I love off season Football!!

rljjr

I'm hoping WarMachine will capture that so I can see it again.

PonderinHog

Quote from: bhogs05 on January 23, 2018, 07:58:37 pm
Great win especially battling back from 16 down..showed some fight and played solid defense the last 30 mins of the game and ots
Lastest 40 ???

hogfan10

Quote from: johnfanman on January 23, 2018, 07:55:19 pm
I am normally dismissive of Beard, but I have to eat crow tonight as he played a very well balanced game making big shots, big rebounds, and good decisions with the ball.

I understand the sentiment, but I think he's been playing good ball starting with the MSU game.

hoglady

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 23, 2018, 07:52:25 pm
People who said Trey shouldn't be in haven't watched the game he played great defense tonight

Yes he did.
Gafford was getting man-handled down there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

rtr

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 23, 2018, 07:58:27 pm
One of Trey's best games.  Credit where due.
When Trey plays well, we are very tough to beat.  I thought he got us going for our late season run last year.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Nosboar Accubond

Trey's defense was on point tonight. Beard was big. Macon clutch. Jaylen gonna Jaylen. Great win.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rtr on January 23, 2018, 08:00:26 pm
When Trey plays well, we are very tough to beat.  I thought he got us going for our late season run last year.
If our offense is going to be iso, there's no reason not to play Gafford and Thompson together.  They can rest on offense.

hoglady

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 23, 2018, 07:57:11 pm
very much so.  Good post.  That is exactly what they did.  AND DMacon was simply cold blooded.  That helped too.

Barford was useless.  Whoever was on him simply took him OUT of the game.  Thank God Macon didnt need that much help cause Barford could in no way give him any.
I wouldn't say useless. I think he wore down he literally carried the team for a whole half and some.

hogfan10

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 23, 2018, 07:57:11 pm
very much so.  Good post.  That is exactly what they did.  AND DMacon was simply cold blooded.  That helped too.

Barford was useless.  Whoever was on him simply took him OUT of the game.  Thank God Macon didnt need that much help cause Barford could in no way give him any.

Barford had 24 points on 50% shooting. The fact that they were determined to not let him beat them allowed Macon to do so instead.

Hogginintheville

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 23, 2018, 08:04:55 pm
Barford had 24 points on 50% shooting. The fact that they were determined to not let him beat them allowed Macon to do so instead.
Agreed. I think his first 2 shots was off a Barford drive and dish.

LRHawg

GuvHog

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 23, 2018, 07:56:52 pm
Good for Thompson; he catches a lot of crap on here, but he had the play of the game tonight.

No doubt about it! That was a smart move leaving Trey in the game with Gafford. They gave the Dogs fits on defense in the lane.

Kudos to Mike Anderson for going to the Match Up zone on defense tonight! Great move. Great Road Win!!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HulkHoggin

Dropkick

FATHAWG08

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 23, 2018, 08:02:33 pm
If our offense is going to be iso, there's no reason not to play Gafford and Thompson together.  They can rest on offense.
Agree. Trey is probably our best passer. If he plays up at the top of the key he can get the ball in someone hands with a good look.

hawg66

Quote from: elksnort on January 23, 2018, 07:54:26 pm
Depending on one of your guards doing ISO plays bombing threes doesn't seem like a reliable way to win games ...
I remember Dean Smith saying almost the exact same thing when Day and Mayberry bombed UNC on their way to the Final Four.

zebradynasty

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 23, 2018, 08:02:33 pm

For spurts it will work but Georgia is not a good offensive team. Teams with a multiple of scorers make it harder to play them both together. Plus Thompson gives us so little offensively...he doesn't even screen well! Tonight it made good sense we just need to pick our spots when we do it.

TebowHater

Athog

I am totally shocked! I did not think it was possible! Congratulations Hogs and Coach A!

panhandlepig

We won. It was an ugly win but they did it.  I'll take it. Go Hogs. Win the next one.

PonderinHog

Quote from: panhandlepig on January 23, 2018, 08:31:22 pm
   We won. It was an ugly win but they did it.  I'll take it. Go Hogs. Win the next one.
Okie Lite in the Bud.  We owe them one.   >:(

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

raz1965

Great win, thought maten got all the calls tonight but the last block by Thompson was sweet revenge. Congrats to the team.

trippigs

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on January 23, 2018, 08:11:32 pm
Agree. Trey is probably our best passer. If he plays up at the top of the key he can get the ball in someone hands with a good look.

Trey has soft hands for a big guy......although some poster said he had stone hands when he missed a pass right under the bucket. I like Trey's game when he is energetic

Hihog

Liked the intensity....some growth in road mentality tonight!

FATHAWG08

FATHAWG08

FATHAWG08

Quote from: razorpimp on January 23, 2018, 07:36:25 pm
Battle of poorly coached, not very talented teams
But no negative comments tonight? Hogville's at it's finest