Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss St favored by 11 1/2...State will win by 20+ and Bielema will be

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 17, 2017, 09:49:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

fired this Sunday. Enos will coach the last game vs Mizzou, another loss, to complete the 1-7 bookend to Bielema's first season of 0-8.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jst01

The Hogfather

jgcat4

Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

AnthroHog

I would think that they would let him coach on Senior Day since they've let him stay this long into the season.

Dwight_K_Shrute

He underperformed JLS in 2 of his 5 seasons.  That is saying something.  I honestly hoped for the firing after the Coastal win.  I thought that would have been the most SEC thing ever to fire a coach after a win because it was the most embarrassing win in school history and the equivalent of a moral loss.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

If either of the coordinators coach the final game, we end the season with a win
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Beaverfever

Rayzback

I thought, finally a thread about the game! Didn't let the "and Bielema will be" part sink in before clicking. :(
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 17, 2017, 09:49:20 am
fired this Sunday. Enos will coach the last game vs Mizzou, another loss, to complete the 1-7 bookend to Bielema's first season of 0-8.

I also think that State will win by 3 scores (17+), but I think they let Bielema finish out the season.  No reason not to, really.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cjack

He will most likely leave with the same SEC win average as Johnelle.  Definitely Uncommon.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

jgphillips3

Why?  Unless the new coach is ready to accept, how does it help us in any way to fire him with one game left?  That just doesn't make any sense to me.  Now, if he wanted to resign on his own terms for a negotiated buyout to save face, then that would make sense.

007 License To Squeal

A week ago, I thought BB would coach OUT the season.  Now, I think you are absolutely correct.  No reason to make the new AD fire BB.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

go hogues

The season will be over a week from today. He'll finish it out and after Mizzou beats him for the third time in four years, he'll walk straight from the Hog snout to Jen waiting in a uhaul, engine running, in the football op center parking lot.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

007 License To Squeal

Pork Ranger

I wish understanding his buyout was more black and white. I wonder if there is a way to renegotiate with him

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 17, 2017, 09:57:27 am
I also think that State will win by 3 scores (17+), but I think they let Bielema finish out the season.  No reason not to, really.

The only reason he might not is that I could see the university telling him they plan to sever but offer him the opportunity to coach his final game. This so they could start making serious moves on his replacement. This is fairly common in these situations though coaches usually choose to bow out so they can start making their own transition plans. TN made Butch Jones a similar offer and he elected to leave. I remember Nutt stayed on to coach nearly half the season after the announcement at Ole Miss.

The Hawg Marshal

We are double digit underdogs to Misstake at home. Let that sink in.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 17, 2017, 10:09:38 am
The only reason he might not is that I could see the university telling him they plan to sever but offer him the opportunity to coach his final game. This so they could start making serious moves on his replacement. This is fairly common in these situations though coaches usually choose to bow out so they can start making their own transition plans. TN made Butch Jones a similar offer and he elected to leave. I remember Nutt stayed on to coach nearly half the season after the announcement at Ole Miss.

I assure you that are serious moves to replace him have been taking place for weeks.

ipigsooie

Well the good news for the crowd against missouri is that if we win against oklahoma in the pk80 tourney we will be playing unc on that friday....that shouldnt hurt the crowd.....

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 17, 2017, 10:10:06 am

12-2 against them in the Nutt/Petrino era.  1-5 since. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Joe_Shmo

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 17, 2017, 10:05:32 am
I think there's plenty of reasons to fire him Sunday. Maybe more people will show up for the Missouri game, knowing there's hope. The fat disgusting slob doesn't deserve to be in our stadium not to mention on our sidelines for one more damn play. He's a loser and he's a piece of friggin' doodoo

Stay classy bro.

onebadrubi

I don't think HiM has been right on any of his recent predictions... So that being said I expect something crazy now.

USChog

I imagine he will be allow to finish the season; however, I thought Long would still be here so what do I know?

GuvHog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 17, 2017, 10:12:04 am
I assure you that are serious moves to replace him have been taking place for weeks.

Yep, it's been said that there have been influential big money boosters in contact with Mike Norvell's agent for some time now.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Michael D Huff AIA

Lord, please let this be the bottom.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 10:18:50 am
Yep, it's been said that there have been influential big money boosters in contact with Mike Norvell's agent for some time now.

Haha....Nice one, Guv.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 17, 2017, 10:12:04 am

Not the kind where you get to make an announcement.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2017, 10:13:00 am
12-2 against them in the Nutt/Petrino era.  1-5 since. 
That speaks volumes. We should never have a 1-5 record against them.

The Hawg Marshal

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2017, 09:54:08 am
He underperformed JLS in 2 of his 5 seasons.  That is saying something.  I honestly hoped for the firing after the Coastal win.  I thought that would have been the most SEC thing ever to fire a coach after a win because it was the most embarrassing win in school history and the equivalent of a moral loss.

Yes... This would have said "Winning IS important"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cjack

It's shameful things were allowed to fall that far.  Glad to see changes finally
Woooo Pig Soooie!

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 17, 2017, 10:05:32 am
I think there's plenty of reasons to fire him Sunday. Maybe more people will show up for the Missouri game, knowing there's hope. The fat disgusting slob doesn't deserve to be in our stadium not to mention on our sidelines for one more damn play. He's a loser and he's a piece of friggin' doodoo

Common man. Do you know him personally? There's absolutely no need to demonize or take cheap personal shots at someone because they didn't work out in a coaching job. It's juvenile.

He'll be replaced as coach and thats enough. I wish him and his wife and child nothing but the best in the future.

26.2Hog

"it's been said"?  Well, I'm sure that makes it rock solid.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2017, 10:15:06 am
I don't think HiM has been right on any of his recent predictions... So that being said I expect something crazy now.
You say what you hope is true even if you are 100% wrong. My main prediction, the game by game results for this year's team, is perfect thus far. However,  I will be wrong the last 2 games, as I predicted W's in both for a final season record of 6-6. Going to miss it by 1 or both games. Hogs will finish either 4-8 or 5-7.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Seebs

52-0

How do we score with no healthy QB? How?

Word from practice is that some formations actually are in the fetal position. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 17, 2017, 09:57:27 am

Just punishment, actually.

GuvHog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 17, 2017, 10:31:50 am
"it's been said"?  Well, I'm sure that makes it rock solid.

It's pretty solid. It was posted a while back that when Long found out about the contact, he was angry about it.

Mr Jade

Who said it? Provide a single source, ever.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 17, 2017, 10:41:02 am
Who said it? Provide a single source, ever.
I'm not saying it's true , but it wouldn't be a stretch to think they have been in touch with several likely candidates. Gotta have back up plans in place in case Gus falls through.

lawhawg20

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 17, 2017, 10:03:40 am
Why?  Unless the new coach is ready to accept, how does it help us in any way to fire him with one game left?  That just doesn't make any sense to me.  Now, if he wanted to resign on his own terms for a negotiated buyout to save face, then that would make sense.

This.  Termination before season's end would be a spite move, and a costly one at that.  It just doesn't make any sense given that there is nothing to gain.

Hogwild

At this point, let him finish the season.  Let him own his record, he would have gotten 5 full seasons and he won't even reach the  .500 mark

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Seebs on November 17, 2017, 10:34:33 am
Word from practice is that some formations actually are in the fetal position.

I really really really really really feel bad for the players. These young men deserve better.  Coaching staff can't even put them in a position to be somewhat competitive. Even in HDN's lowest times there was still a little fight left in the team. This is like watching a zeppelin go down in flames.

I can only imagine the dealings going on behind the scenes between all the parties. CBB's agent is already out there looking but won't reveal anything because of the huge buyout at stake. But they also can't get too greedy if CBB wants to save face for his next employer. The "3-time Rose Bowl coach" will land somewhere just not a P5. They're all playing a game of poker and I am not sure whose hand is the strongest right now.

ipigsooie

Yeah i dont doubt it as he and gus have the same agent.  This is pretty much a guarantee  that they have been talking to Sexton. 

I do hope you are right though. I much prefer Norvell

Mr Jade

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 17, 2017, 10:44:01 am
I'm not saying it's true , but it wouldn't be a stretch to think they have been in touch with several likely candidates. Gotta have back up plans in place in case Gus falls through.

The issue is that Guv's statement isn't provided as a, "its logical" statement, or even "I think it makes sense", but a "I've got proof" statement. Very well, cite thine sources.

The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 17, 2017, 11:10:01 am
The issue is that Guv's statement isn't provided as a, "its logical" statement, or even "I think it makes sense", but a "I've got proof" statement. Very well, cite thine sources.
I hear ya.

GuvHog

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 17, 2017, 11:10:01 am

You are interpreting my post incorrectly. If you'll recall, I used the words "it has been said" meaning I heard it said but I have no proof whether its right or wrong. It was not meant as stating a fact.

Mr Jade

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 11:22:32 am
You are interpreting my post incorrectly. If you'll recall, I used the words "it has been said" meaning I heard it said but I have no proof whether its right or wrong. It was not meant as stating a fact.

As in said on here, or did you hear it outside of HG?

GuvHog

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 17, 2017, 11:25:33 am
As in said on here, or did you hear it outside of HG?

Said on here. It was discussed a while back before Long was terminated. That was also when someone else posted that Long was angry about the contact.

Donny2665

I completely agree, the only way he gets to coach the Missouri game is if he can beat Miss State. Once bowl eligibility is off the table, he is gone!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain