Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Butch Jones torpedoing Tennessee recruiting?

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, November 14, 2017, 05:51:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

You don't see this happen often...publicly at least. Think he is a little bitter about getting canned?

In a report by The Orlando Sentinel, Tennessee Class of 2018 commit Tanner Ingle claims he spoke to the former Vols head coach earlier on Sunday and was told he should start pursuing other options. The three-star athlete (according to Rivals) from Orlando said Jones seemed surprised by the move happening as quickly as it did and said Jones will reach out to him should he find another coaching gig soon enough.

"I spoke with Coach Jones about 30 minutes ago," the Orlando Dr. Phillips defensive back said about 12:30 Sunday afternoon. "He said he didn't really expect that to happen, but it did so he told me to find a place to go, quickly ... and that if he gets anything he will contact me."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/12/tennessee-commit-says-butch-jones-said-find-a-place-to-go-quickly/

Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

It doesn't really surprise me.  Apparently Jones is at least consistent.

p.s.  Those Hoop Hawgs sure look good this year!  Reminds me of the 90's # WPS

BearsBisonsBoars

This didn't happen. Jones told him to make sure he had options n in case the commitment wasn't honored by the next staff. It's good advice, to be fair.

sowmonella

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 14, 2017, 07:13:29 am
This didn't happen. Jones told him to make sure he had options n in case the commitment wasn't honored by the next staff. It's good advice, to be fair.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DeltaBoy

Good for Butch to watch out for the kid.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

smb

This.
GeorgiaHOG

Vantage 8 dude

If that's the case then it's a classy move by Butch. Yep, anytime a new coach comes in there's always a major possibility that any offers won't necessarily be extended by the new HC.

I believe Bret canceled the commitment of an Arkansas QB if my memory is correct when he first came here.  That is normal business procedure in my opinion.  No need to bring in a player who you do not believe will help the team and that Kid will stand on the sideline for 4 years or maybe 5.

jackflash

ballz2thewall

November 14, 2017, 10:05:47 am #9 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:36:03 am by ballz2thewall
i've been reading some stuff on jones lately that isn't too kind. "the guy is evil" kind of stuff relating to torpedoing careers and bazaar, sadistic control obsessions. the kind of stuff that'd be ignored for a while were he winning, but would eventually rise to the top.

edit: i'm not believing or not believing these reports.
The rest of the frog.