Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Chip Kelley to Florida

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 13, 2017, 09:16:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Leaked by a lawyer connected to Jimmy Sexton. Siap.

ipigsooie

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 13, 2017, 09:16:55 pm
Sexton isn't chips agent. Not saying it's wrong but...

ballz2thewall

david dunn represents kelly. sexton represents others in consideration

but there does seem to be strong talks between fla and kelly.
The rest of the frog.

Drop the Mike

Captain Hogthrob

Florida will be Oregon 2.0 with Kelly at the helm.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

HardCore

That's what you get when make the early coaching move.  Unlike us.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

sowmonella

Doesn't the show clause Kelley got at Oregon need SEC approval to get into the league?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

grayhawg

Hasn't Kelly had former issues with the NCAA?

BadHog

Why wouldn't FL go after Mullen - he and the AD are besties.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hobhog

Kelley just rubs me wrong. And his offense isn't unique anymore. No worried....

Calling All Hogs

Good luck Florida. We will see how CK does in the SEC if they get him.

Steef

Quote from: HardCore on November 13, 2017, 09:26:00 pm

Kelly was never going to come here. If we had contacted him a month ago with pallets of unmarked cash, he STILL wouldnt come here.

sickboy

Florida is a little different prestige-wise than Arkansas. Chip Kelly would never consider coming to Arkansas. Florida makes a lot of sense.

247Hog

Quote from: hobhog on November 13, 2017, 09:31:23 pm

Same...i have always had a weird feeling about him. Maybe i just have gas.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

The Hawg Marshal

According to Florida fans the guy tweeting that is not really an insider, he just wants to be. 

GoHogzzGo

I believe the reports said UF is vetting him, not that he chose UF. Chip could still go to a number of places.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hobhog on November 13, 2017, 09:31:23 pm

Do you mean figuratively or like Kevin Spacey?

rtr

A home run hire for Florida if they pull it off.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ipigsooie

Quote from: sowmonella on November 13, 2017, 09:26:53 pm
Doesn't the show clause Kelley got at Oregon need SEC approval to get into the league?

Yes. The commissioner has to approve it but he will.

1highhog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 13, 2017, 09:16:55 pm

Good for them, sure wouldn't want him here.

rtr

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 09:39:04 pm
They will.  It's the SEC.

bville_hog

Hugh Freeze on steroids...he won't last more the 3 years before he gets tripped up.

Sooie71923

HardCore

Quote from: sickboy on November 13, 2017, 09:34:43 pm
Florida is a little different prestige-wise than Arkansas. Chip Kelly would never consider coming to Arkansas. Florida makes a lot of sense.

Either way, guess we will never know
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Wardhog85

If true, we need to make a run at Scott Frost ASAP! Basically everyone was saying Frost was supposed to be their top choice. Hope they go with Kelly so we can have a shot at Frost.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Wardhog85 on November 13, 2017, 09:43:45 pm
If true, we need to make a run at Scott Frost ASAP! Basically everyone was saying Frost was supposed to be their top choice. Hope they go with Kelly so we can have a shot at Frost.

I still think he wanted the Nebraska job all along. His bargaining position may have just gone down a little.

RedRock

Wardhog85

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 09:44:54 pm
I still think he wanted the Nebraska job all along. His bargaining position may have just gone down a little.
That could be the case, but he would be my first call. I'd make him tell us no.

jkstock04

A big time get for Florida if this is true.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kelley will be dangerous if he can get the recruits.  At FLA, he should be able to get recruits.

Pork Twain

I cannot imagine Chip Kelly with the talent in the state of Florida.  Just look what he did out west, in no-man's land.  Of course failure is always possible with a new coach, but I think this would shift some power in the east.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TrueBlue

It seemed that Kelly was at Oregon forever as HC, but he was only there four years. After that, he spent four horrible years in the NFL. Back in 2009, the HUNH was pretty new, but now so many teams are doing it makes you wonder if it would transition to the SEC or not.

bob slydell

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 09:39:04 pm

Interesting.  Is approval required in perpetuity?  His show cause expired a long time ago.  I'm guessing that any coach who has ever had a show cause requires approval.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 13, 2017, 10:47:30 pm
It seemed that Kelly was at Oregon forever as HC, but he was only there four years. After that, he spent four horrible years in the NFL. Back in 2009, the HUNH was pretty new, but now so many teams are doing it makes you wonder if it would transition to the SEC or not.

His first 2 years in the NFL went well

GoHogs1091

Supposedly, Chip Kelly does not like to recruit.

If so, then he will not like having to recruit against a resurgent Miami (FL) program and a Florida State program that recruits at an elite level.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 14, 2017, 12:09:39 am
Supposedly, Chip Kelly does not like to recruit.

If so, then he will not like having to recruit against a resurgent Miami (FL) program and a Florida State program that recruits at an elite level.
With the right assistants, he will not have to and there is plenty of talent in Florida to go around.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawghiggs

Good. Whatever it takes to hurt Alabama I'm all for.

bennyl08

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 14, 2017, 01:11:15 am

Chip wouldnt hurt Saban. Who was the one team that Oregon always struggled against when Chip was there? Stanford. What did Stanford have that other PAC teams during that time didn't? Deep DL and a physical, pro-style offense.

How well will he do when he has to go against at least 4-5 Stanfords each year in the SEC?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

BILLYBOB

A great move by the Gators. CCK built a perennial championship contender in a place that is extremely hard to recruit, with absolutely no tradition, money, or facilities.  Florida is arguably the most fertile recruiting state in the country...and has deep tradition, lots of money, and incredible facilities. Plus, most of Kelly's salary is still being paid by the 49er's.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Mike_e

As long as he doesn't wind up at aTm.

That would just be wrong.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: grayhawg on November 13, 2017, 09:27:11 pm
Hasn't Kelly had former issues with the NCAA?

Yes. Florida doesn't care. They are one of those win at all cost types. They've had big trouble with the NCAA before.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wants2Win

TNhawgfan

Don't buy it. Finebaum and others who actually know and talk with him all say he will coach again on the west coast
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

holeinthewall

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 14, 2017, 01:11:15 am

That would be Miami keeping the kids home like Ridley.  It is already turning Miami favor.

jackflash

I don't  like him but would be a big hire at Fla I think

AirWarren

Hahaha. Chip was never coming here.

jgcat4

It'll be like the Spurier days at Florida all over again. They will rule the east I'm afraid.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

rtr

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 14, 2017, 05:56:23 am
Yes. Florida doesn't care. They are one of those win at all cost types. They've had big trouble with the NCAA before.
Charlie Pell.