Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of the mouth of lady Alabama fan.

Started by Hoggie17, September 15, 2017, 10:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonzo

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on September 15, 2017, 11:47:02 pm
I always wondered, why did firing BP save the university from getting sued? 

It didn't. Just part of the narrative of some around here.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 08:56:56 am
Here are the choices before Arkansas when it comes to the direction of the program in my opinion.

1. You stick with Bielema who may or may not ever win 9-10 games here but usually wins 7-8 and gets you to a bowl every year, runs a clean program that graduates players and provides a program that everyone can be proud of because we don't break a bunch of rules like some of our competition and you can just enjoy the game day experience with family and friends knowing that you may not ever contend for the SECCG.

2. You decide to throw the old model of conducting football business out the window, get as dirty as many other teams in the SEC in recruiting who compete at higher levels and take your lumps when you land on probation and get your name dragged through the mud in the national media. At this point, you don't give a hoot if Arkansas has any integrity or not as long as they are winning 9 to 13 or 14 games every year.

3. You decide to change to a HC with a different philosophy that runs the HUNH, throw it all over the field style of offense that requires you to outscore other teams in order to win and every game is a track meet. This requires more emphasis on offense and less on defense. Of course everyone will gripe when we lose because the defense wasn't there to help us. The upside is, you probably win more and sooner and it doesn't necessarily require top 20 recruiting classes in order to accomplish this. You still may not ever get to the SECCG, but you may win 1-2-3 more games each year than we are now.

That's what I see as our options.

Yep, the only options the Hogs have to be any better than what BB is producing is to cheat or throw it 80 times a game. BB is clearly the best the Hogs can ever hope for with a more traditional approach.

End of sarcasm (for now)

Go Hogs!

wildhogman

Quote from: Gonzo on September 16, 2017, 09:22:04 am

Yep, the only options the Hogs have to be any better than what BB is producing is to cheat or throw it 80 times a game. BB is clearly the best the Hogs can ever hope for with a more traditional approach.

End of sarcasm (for now)

Go Hogs!
given the the last 3 HC's. (not counting smiley), I'd say history bears this true. The Nutt ran the ball and played good D and won an avg of 7 games a year with a few really down years and a few really good years.  CBP ran a spread style sling the ball around and run when need(although the running game was sometimes slow to come around), and had some really bad years and a few really good years. CBB has the pro style. But Its hard to tell what we actually run right now due to so many problems.  But same story. one decent year, two really bad years. one meh year.  The verdict is still out on this year.  I suppose optimist hope for a turn around and win them all from here and TCU ends up in the playoffs. Then that lost might be understood. 
I'll just wait and see how it pans out, but I wont have any emotional investment for a while I don't think, if I have it at all for the rest of this year.  Sad times.
as for who could do better?  wish I had an answer

BigBrandonAllenFan

Arkansas state code is written specifically against providing personal favoritism or acting with ulterior motive when hiring for state jobs.  There is a specific hiring process outlined.  Bobby did exactly what you can't do.  Long had no choice in the matter.  I wish we still had Petrino too, but he knew what he was doing and why he was doing it when he hired Miss Peho.

hawgon

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 08:28:14 am
Though I can't quote a link and anyone who knows wouldn't admit it, it is my understanding that despite Long's media statement when he announced the firing of BP, that Long gave BP a list of things that he would need to comply with in order to stay and BP initially refused, and then later changed his mind but by that time it was too late.

And for everyone else, this isn't a commentary on his quality as a HC. I think that he is one of few really great offensive minds and play callers/schemers in college football and a heck of a QB Coach, but from all reports he is a tough guy to manage from an AD's standpoint and not always the face that you want representing your program. He wins, you just have to manage the baggage that comes along with him wherever he goes.

So, you say Petrino had to be fired because he lied to the fans, his boss, and the media yet you praise Long for lying to the fans and the media about offering Petrino a chance to stay?

lol

Redhogs

Quote from: wildhogman on September 16, 2017, 09:36:05 am
given the the last 3 HC's. (not counting smiley), I'd say history bears this true. The Nutt ran the ball and played good D and won an avg of 7 games a year with a few really down years and a few really good years.  CBP ran a spread style sling the ball around and run when need(although the running game was sometimes slow to come around), and had some really bad years and a few really good years. CBB has the pro style. But Its hard to tell what we actually run right now due to so many problems.  But same story. one decent year, two really bad years. one meh year.  The verdict is still out on this year.  I suppose optimist hope for a turn around and win them all from here and TCU ends up in the playoffs. Then that lost might be understood. 
I'll just wait and see how it pans out, but I wont have any emotional investment for a while I don't think, if I have it at all for the rest of this year.  Sad times.
Really bad years..really? CBP's " really bad years"...were among Bert's best....research before you post.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: hawgon on September 16, 2017, 09:42:36 am
So, you say Petrino had to be fired because he lied to the fans, his boss, and the media yet you praise Long for lying to the fans and the media about offering Petrino a chance to stay?

lol

Long did not offer Petrino a chance to stay.  At that point Long would have been aiding and abetting, which would have gotten him fired too.

Gonzo

Quote from: wildhogman on September 16, 2017, 09:36:05 am

BP did not run a HUNH (as per the post I was responding to) and during his 4 years  his "pass happy" teams threw the ball a whopping 53% of the time. In addition, his defenses improved in points allowed every season, hardly a simple "we just gotta keep outscoring the other team" mentality, again as per the post I referenced.  I'd say that bit of history doesn't support yours or MH's argument at all.

Go Hogs!

BigBrandonAllenFan

The Alabama lady was dumb to the facts of the State of Arkansas laws regarding the hiring process for state employees.  If the laws are written the same in Alabama and it would have been Saban, he would have been fired too.

wildhogman

Quote from: Redhogs on September 16, 2017, 09:43:16 am
Really bad years..really? CBP's " really bad years"...were among Bert's best....research before you post.
CBB has lost some bad ones, but 3, count them three blow out losses in one year?  People count the smile year against CBB, ok fair is fair. CBP doesn't get a pass on his first year. Count them, THREE blow outs. and one to a hated rival, Texas. Thanks CBP, I had to listen to texas fans for a full year after that game lol

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Gonzo on September 16, 2017, 09:22:04 am

End of sarcasm (for now)

Go Hogs!

Yeah well, I wasn't supporting Bielema in my post. I was just laying out what I see to be the choices that the program can make. I sure didn't say anything about throwing the ball 80 times a game, but when you don't have anything of value to contribute, I can see why you would make an overstatement like that.

I'm being dead serious about those choices. And I guarantee that there are parts of our fan base that might choose any one of those three options. Personally, I am beginning to believe that option #3 is probably the best way for Arkansas to go with the recruiting disadvantages that we have and given the style of offense that seems to be ran more often at the HS level in the state these days.
Go Hogs Go!

wildhogman

Quote from: Gonzo on September 16, 2017, 09:57:16 am

BP did not run a HUNH (as per the post I was responding to) and during his 4 years  his "pass happy" teams threw the ball a whopping 53% of the time. In addition, his defenses improved in points allowed every season, hardly a simple "we just gotta keep outscoring the other team" mentality, again as per the post I referenced.  I'd say that bit of history doesn't support yours or MH's argument at all.

Go Hogs!

Don't think for one minute I am arguing. Just posting thoughts.  I just don't have the heart or "want to" to go bck and look up any hog history right now. Even the great ambush in the orange bowl in '78 feels empty right now. Sad sad times

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 08:56:56 am
Here are the choices before Arkansas when it comes to the direction of the program in my opinion.

1. You stick with Bielema who may or may not ever win 9-10 games here but usually wins 7-8 and gets you to a bowl every year, runs a clean program that graduates players and provides a program that everyone can be proud of because we don't break a bunch of rules like some of our competition and you can just enjoy the game day experience with family and friends knowing that you may not ever contend for the SECCG.

2. You decide to throw the old model of conducting football business out the window, get as dirty as many other teams in the SEC in recruiting who compete at higher levels and take your lumps when you land on probation and get your name dragged through the mud in the national media. At this point, you don't give a hoot if Arkansas has any integrity or not as long as they are winning 9 to 13 or 14 games every year.

3. You decide to change to a HC with a different philosophy that runs the HUNH, throw it all over the field style of offense that requires you to outscore other teams in order to win and every game is a track meet. This requires more emphasis on offense and less on defense. Of course everyone will gripe when we lose because the defense wasn't there to help us. The upside is, you probably win more and sooner and it doesn't necessarily require top 20 recruiting classes in order to accomplish this. You still may not ever get to the SECCG, but you may win 1-2-3 more games each year than we are now.

That's what I see as our options.

At this point I'm not advocating either way.. the year needs to play out and maybe next years as well.. but I think you've created a straw man in presenting our options..... maybe we could hire someone that believes in a solid run game but also likes to throw it..... a power spread so to speak...I think our problems could be not the type system but the managers...

If Bret wins 8 games this year and next the conversation is moot.... we shall see and I only hope he does because I like him.

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgon on September 16, 2017, 09:42:36 am

lol

Your bias obviously leads to a lack of reading comprehension. If I praised anyone in that post, it was BP.
Go Hogs Go!

The OTR

I didn't know Alabama had a female athletic director. 

HogsonHicks

I've found it best to do and/or believe the opposite of what is said by any Alabama fan, especially if said fan lives in Knoxville.

PorkRinds

I thought this thread was going to be about the lack of teeth in the mouths of most Alabama fans. Disappointed.  Row Todd.

DoctorSusscrofa

There's enough lying on HV to make a Clinton proud.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

jmark

i like bret.  i trust he's coaching.  our team academics is tops. i hope he can turn the team around and start winning games we should win.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

BDSCT51

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 11:12:56 pm
You know, that isn't even the point. Lie to your boss, company and stockholders about something that you did that embarrasses your company not only publicly, but on national news and see if you don't get your arse fired.

Truth! This is real life, not college football! No individual in an organization is so valuable that they cannot be done without. Will it be painful, of course it will and no boss makes that decision lightly and will have to suffer the consequences accordingly. I can pretty much guarantee anyone that flat out lies to their boss when the boss already knows the facts will be out on their ass so fast and rightfully so.

I still cannot fathom why anyone would think that not terminating the employee in this situation would have been a good thing. Apply these standards to your own job and position in life and see how that stacks up.

Still doesn't change my opinion that we had to get rid of the most brilliant offensive guru to ever stroll a sideline at Fayetteville and may never get another. But at the cost of having a horrible liar in my employ who abused his power for a mistress on the side, NO WAY!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Gonzo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 10:05:20 am
Yeah well, I wasn't supporting Bielema in my post. I was just laying out what I see to be the choices that the program can make. I sure didn't say anything about throwing the ball 80 times a game, but when you don't have anything of value to contribute, I can see why you would make an overstatement like that.

I'm being dead serious about those choices. And I guarantee that there are parts of our fan base that might choose any one of those three options. Personally, I am beginning to believe that option #3 is probably the best way for Arkansas to go with the recruiting disadvantages that we have and given the style of offense that seems to be ran more often at the HS level in the state these days.

Lol. Sarcasm by its very nature is prone to some hyperbole. Did I say you said 80? Nope, but if condescension makes you feel better, be my guest. However, you did say the only option other than BB or cheating is a HUNH "track meet" with little emphasis on defense. Those were your words. Those are hardly the only options. Recent Hog history alone shows that.

Go Hogs!

Bubba's Bruisers

I love the claims of bias and agendas of posters.  As if the one proclaiming such is not biased or does not have an agenda.  It's why I love HV.  Seriously.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BDSCT51

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 10:32:47 am
I love the claims of bias and agendas of posters.  As if the one proclaiming such is not biased or does not have an agenda.  It's why I love HV.  Seriously.

Definitely! Serious entertainment with very few dull days!
Bleeding Razorback Red

PonderinHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 10:32:47 am
This post is biased, with a hidden agenda!   >:(

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2017, 10:54:26 am
This post is biased, with a hidden agenda!   >:(

Actually, I'm the only objective poster.  Just ask my mom.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PonderinHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 11:23:12 am
Actually, I'm the only objective poster.  Just ask my mom.
Well, my mom just said you're FOS and she don't lie.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Gonzo on September 16, 2017, 10:27:59 am

Lol. Sarcasm by its very nature is prone to some hyperbole. Did I say you said 80? Nope, but if condescension makes you feel better, be my guest. However, you did say the only option other than BB or cheating is a HUNH "track meet" with little emphasis on defense. Those were your words. Those are hardly the only options. Recent Hog history alone shows that.

Go Hogs!

I gave three options that were preceded by, "in my opinion". Maybe not the only options, could be others. I just think, as I said above, that actually may be the best option for us for many reasons.

Fact is that everyone would probably love to have BP and his style back here right now, but he didn't place much emphasis on defense, which is what I was speaking of, as it relates to recent Hog history.

You speak in hyperboles, I'm just trying to have a conversation, in the absence of sarcasm.
Go Hogs Go!

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 11:03:10 pm
She is ill-informed and ignorant of the facts and doesn't know what she is talking about. Everyone seems to forget that BP brought this on himself...no lies to his employer, boss and the national media = no firing. I always give great weight to the opinion of a random person in the check-out line at a grocery store...especially when I had an agenda to begin with that agrees with their ill-informed opinion on a matter.

You are absolutely right!  This is Bobby Petrino's own fault and he even said so!  People need to read the statement he released after he was fired.  He said he had no one to blame but himself.

People need to get past this.  Bobby Petrino was a slime ball, is a slime ball and always will be a slime ball and I don't care if the Razorbacks were undefeated through his entire reign of terror!  Good riddance!

HamIAm

The mindset of some on here.

Happy and I'm smilin', walk a mile to drink your water
You know I'd love to love you and above you there's no other
We'll go walking out while others shout of war's disaster

Oh, we won't give in, let's go living in the past

Once I used to join in, every boy and girl was my friend
Now there's revolution but they don't know what they're fighting
Let us close our eyes, outside their lives go on much faster

Oh, we won't give in, we'll keep living in the past
Oh, we won't give in, let's go living in the past
Oh no, no, we won't give in, let's go living in the past
   -Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

EastexHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 11:03:10 pm
She is ill-informed and ignorant of the facts and doesn't know what she is talking about. Everyone seems to forget that BP brought this on himself...no lies to his employer, boss and the national media = no firing. I always give great weight to the opinion of a random person in the check-out line at a grocery store...especially when I had an agenda to begin with that agrees with their ill-informed opinion on a matter.

You know, it's not necessary to always tell everyone everything you know.  In fact, it's typically not even advisable.  There was no real reason why Jeff Long had to divulge anything whatsoever about his conversation with Bobby Petrino.  There is no reason why anyone ever had to know if Petrino did or didn't lie to Long, or if he said Long was trying to turn him into a monk, or anything else that happened behind closed doors.

The only reason Long made any of it public was to take any possible heat off himself.  It was self serving, nothing more.  He knew he was firing a coach who had taken the Arkansas football program to unparalleled heights, at least since the early 80s, and if he has a lick of sense he also knew that the program might suffer a downturn after the firing.  So, he told the whole world about Petrino lying to him, about Petrino's personal gift(s) to Dorrell, as well as other details that never had to be made public. 

Long was insulating himself, making himself look better.  How appropriate, because after all that's what he does best.  The football program self imposed the death penalty and has suffered ever since, but Long came out smelling like a rose.  Even got himself an important committee chairmanship out of the deal.  Isn't that wonderful?

birmingHAMette

Quote from: Seebs on September 16, 2017, 09:04:01 am
Your story took a turn to the surreal when you said 'A lady in Alabama'.

Hey! Watch out😉. He said a lady Alabama fan, in which case null voids her opinion on the Hogs.
Go Hogs

WorfHog

Yeah well, that's not the whole story is it?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2017, 12:41:45 pm
You know, it's not necessary to always tell everyone everything you know.  In fact, it's typically not even advisable.  There was no real reason why Jeff Long had to divulge anything whatsoever about his conversation with Bobby Petrino.  There is no reason why anyone ever had to know if Petrino did or didn't lie to Long, or if he said Long was trying to turn him into a monk, or anything else that happened behind closed doors.

The only reason Long made any of it public was to take any possible heat off himself.  It was self serving, nothing more.  He knew he was firing a coach who had taken the Arkansas football program to unparalleled heights, at least since the early 80s, and if he has a lick of sense he also knew that the program might suffer a downturn after the firing.  So, he told the whole world about Petrino lying to him, about Petrino's personal gift(s) to Dorrell, as well as other details that never had to be made public. 

Long was insulating himself, making himself look better.  How appropriate, because after all that's what he does best.  The football program self imposed the death penalty and has suffered ever since, but Long came out smelling like a rose.  Even got himself an important committee chairmanship out of the deal.  Isn't that wonderful?

Got a link to where Long stated that he had given Petrino chances to save his job? That's why I phrased it the way I did. As I recall, Long said that there wasn't any chance for BP to save his job or anything that he could have done to do so. I'm not sure that is true but as far as I know or will say here, that is all hearsay.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: WorfHog on September 16, 2017, 01:00:51 pm
Yeah well, that's not the whole story is it?

Wow.. can't say that I had seen her before, though I knew she was tall and blonde .. it's a shame she ruined her life and our football team (not by herself, of course)  I bet just before the fall, she had a bright future with her looks and having been a Razorback... how old was she at the time?

Hopefully she has been able to move on.. Bobby has, that's for sure...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 16, 2017, 01:25:40 pm
Wow.. can't say that I had seen her before, though I knew she was tall and blonde .. it's a shame she ruined her life and our football team (not by herself, of course)  I bet just before the fall, she had a bright future with her looks and having been a Razorback... how old was she at the time?

It was an unfortunate incident but mostly for her. BP landed on his feet. She will be forever connected to this debacle and though it was by her choice, she was seduced by the power and what that might mean for her future, never considering what might happen if ever found out. She was young and probably never knew better but I'm sure that neither of them ever thought that they would ever be found out. Whoops!
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 01:32:10 pm
It was an unfortunate incident but mostly for her. BP landed on his feet. She will be forever connected to this debacle and though it was by her choice, she was seduced by the power and what that might mean for her future, never considering what might happen if ever found out. She was young and probably never knew better but I'm sure that neither of them ever thought that they would ever be found out. Whoops!

Yeah, no doubt...

alohawg

At the time he deserved to be fired, revisionism aside. If Bielema had been a smashing (pun here) success, these comments/threads would be nonexistent.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jkstock04

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 16, 2017, 10:03:47 am
The Alabama lady was dumb to the facts of the State of Arkansas laws regarding the hiring process for state employees.  If the laws are written the same in Alabama and it would have been Saban, he would have been fired too.
Seems legitimate.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WorfHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 16, 2017, 01:25:40 pm

Petrino was using a position of authority to extract sexual favors from a former student athlete and Athletic department employee.

It's called quid pro quo sexual harassment and is a fireable offense at pretty much any job. The fact that Jeff Long let it happen should have been enough for him to lose his job also, but he says Petrino was covering it up. I've heard that everyone in the Football program knew what was going on between them.  Despite the outcome she's actually a victim of sexual harassment and I hope she's doing well.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 16, 2017, 09:38:10 am
Arkansas state code is written specifically against providing personal favoritism or acting with ulterior motive when hiring for state jobs.  There is a specific hiring process outlined.  Bobby did exactly what you can't do.  Long had no choice in the matter.  I wish we still had Petrino too, but he knew what he was doing and why he was doing it when he hired Miss Peho.

Nonsense...where is the lawsuit, firing does not alleviate guilt... pure spin to buttress your opinion...

jcbville

Folks, time after time, its been pointed out that Petrino put the University in a position to have been sued by people applying for that job that were not treated fairly by folks in the employ of the University.  And that is true.  But try to understand, every employee from Petrino right to the very top of the chain of command at our University could have been fired on the spot and that would not have made any legal difference in the University getting sued.  Labor Laws had been broken and in fact are broken by orgainzations all the time in this very manner.  My point is that the reason for anyone who applied for that job had the right to bring suit and try and make the point that they were treated unfairly and not given a reasonable opportunity to get the position.  Petrino be dammed, his firing had nothing to do with the University getting sued or not getting sued.  Petrino and anyone who knew of the infraction and did nothing to stop due process was guilty.

It likely doesn't happen but even the hiring of an assistant coach requires posting the position within the company, in this case the University.  It also requires posting it to the public with the requirements posted with it.  Basically anyone can apply if they have reasonable reason to believe they can meet the requirements.  And if challenged, the University must have a reasonable answer as to why the person you beat you out better suited the job than you did.  I am sure an attorney could explain this much better and more accurately but that is the basic situation.

FIRING PETRINO DID NOT STOP A CRAPSTROM OF LAW SUITS..IT DID LOOK GOOD BETTER ON THE SURFACE.  THE UNVERSITY JUST GOT FAIRLY LUCKY THAT LAWUITS DIDN'T COME IN LARGE NUMBERS.  CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER WHO ALL KNEW EXACTLY WHY THE YOUNG LADY GOT THE JOB BEFORE THE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT.  ALL THOSE FOLKS, ALONG WITH PETRINO, ARE GUILTY.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: alohawg on September 16, 2017, 01:38:53 pm
At the time he deserved to be fired, revisionism aside. If Bielema had been a smashing (pun here) success, these comments/threads would be nonexistent.

That's true. In fact if Bielema had just won what he should have over the last three season (the possibility of 9 wins in two seasons and 10 in another) none of this crap would even be spewed on Hogville now. But Bielema is overall responsible for his record regardless of his Coordinators so it falls on him. No good reason to not have won a minimum of 9 each season for the last 3 years. He needs to get to 9 this year to restore the confidence of the fan base, but the TCU game and how we lost has really put him behind the 8-Ball. Can he salvage 9 wins and regain favor? We will see but the TCU game was an important part of that process.
Go Hogs Go!

bondhue

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 01:32:10 pm
It was an unfortunate incident but mostly for her. BP landed on his feet.
In the pic above it looks like he landed on his nose.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

RebHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 15, 2017, 11:42:03 pm
Of course Alabama fans probably wanted us to keep Robert Petrino (and they thought we should have kept him).

They were 4-0 against Robert while he was our Head Coach.

Cant stand this fkn excuse for the Petrino haters HEY why don't you post bamas record during this 4 year 3 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP span. He's gone that ship has sailed but the haters give him no credit as being the best coach we have had in a long time.

daprospecta

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 11:12:56 pm
You know, that isn't even the point. Lie to your boss, company and stockholders about something that you did that embarrasses your company not only publicly, but on national news and see if you don't get your arse fired.
Come on Muskogee, you can't compare a workplace environment to CFB

DeltaBoy

Long deep 6th our Football program and played the moralist and Integrity card which we all swallowed hook line and sinker!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lakecityhog

Reb, he AIN"T a Hog fan!!! he is a Brent Venables fan, nothing more.

grayhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 16, 2017, 05:59:13 pm
Long deep 6th our Football program and played the moralist and Integrity card which we all swallowed hook line and sinker!
Yep. Hiring Jon L then Bielema was worse than firing Petrino.