Type 1
7 (77.8%)
Type 2
0 (0%)
Type 3
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 1

hogfan064

Type 1-Someone like me who is very critical of everything that happens.  You usually respect guys that can actually put on a show in the ring.  You miss the days of 30 minute matches where guys showed how good of athletes they are. While you enjoy a good laugh, you mainly watch wrestling to see the guys perform.  You'd respect a guy like Chris Benoit more than you would John Cena.  You think the fact that we have a midget as a champ is a joke.  You still own several VCR tapes of WCCW, UWF, AWA, Mid Atlantic, Memphis, or Georgia Wrestling.  You'll pull for a good heel over a cartoonish face anyday

Type 2-Usually considered a Mark.  You love whatever the WWE puts infront of you.  If they tell you to cheer, you cheer.  If they tell you to boo, you'll boo.   You like guys like Cena, Mysterio, you were a huge Hogan fan, and you still own a Lex Express tshirt. 

Type 3-You are really just a casual fan.  YOu know who Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Andre the Giant are, but you have no idea who Carlito is.  You watch for an occasional Trish or Torrie match. 

CharlieHog

I wouldn't want to describe myself as "very critical" of everything. I do like half hour (at a minimum) matches. I'm certainly not in love with the good old days. I'm much more of a fan of post 1997 wrestling than wrestling from say the 70s and 80s.

But I think mostly I'm a "mark" for the kind of wrestling I like. I just hate the WWE because they resort to potty humor, their skits are lame, they have too many flat out terrible wrestlers and they put on too many short matches.

I don't like skits for the most part. But I don't mind humor. PWG out in LA is very humor orientied, but it's actually funny. And they have great matches.

hydrophonic

I chose type 1, but really I'm a mix of 1 & 2.  I'm not a total mark, but I AM a wrestling fan.  While I don't LOVE everything WWE puts on TV, if they put it on TV I WILL watch it.  Same for TNA.  Same for ANYBODY for that matter.  If Wrestling Society X ever does hit MTV, I'll set the DVR for it.  I DVR Lucha Libre even though I don't speak Spanish.

While I'm not critical of everything, I'm more critical than I sometimes let on.  I tend to think the people at WWE are lazy.  That laziness manifests itself in a variety of ways, from cheap booking and writing (Randy Orton's promos leading up to WM22) to a lack of production on DVDs (while most DVDs are the live feed only, they will "fix" a botched spot with a different camera angle sometimes...  why don't they maximize ALL the camera angles or at least "fix" other weak spots?).

WWE needs to sprinkle a little more wrestling in their sports entertainment OR at least make the sports entertainment more ENTERTAINING.

TNA needs to STOP trying to mix sports entertainment into their pro wrestling if they want to be a true alternative to WWE.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Knot2brite

I am actually none of the above. I loved the late 80's early 90's wrestling. Now before Charlie writes a novel about how they were fat guys wallowing around I need to explain it. I liked "Georgia", "TExas" and Mid-south wrestling any day of the week over WWF. They were simple with simple story lines and they had some really great wrestlers. Some of the best promos came from that era. Not the cussing, calling peoples mommas names or resorting to questioning their sexuality, but rather the "I am going to kick your tail and you are going to like it" promos. The post WCW era has been crap. In the beginning the NWO was good, but it went down hill when Sting wrestled Hogan. Goldberg was a great idea but he had the mic skills of a bag of hammers and people realized he was all about the money eventually. Give me a Shandar Akbar stable versus a JYD, Magnum TA, Hacksaw Duggan stable any day of the week.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Rooka

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 09:24:26 am
I chose type 1, but really I'm a mix of 1 & 2.  I'm not a total mark, but I AM a wrestling fan.  While I don't LOVE everything WWE puts on TV, if they put it on TV I WILL watch it.  Same for TNA.  Same for ANYBODY for that matter.  If Wrestling Society X ever does hit MTV, I'll set the DVR for it.  I DVR Lucha Libre even though I don't speak Spanish.

While I'm not critical of everything, I'm more critical than I sometimes let on.  I tend to think the people at WWE are lazy.  That laziness manifests itself in a variety of ways, from cheap booking and writing (Randy Orton's promos leading up to WM22) to a lack of production on DVDs (while most DVDs are the live feed only, they will "fix" a botched spot with a different camera angle sometimes...  why don't they maximize ALL the camera angles or at least "fix" other weak spots?).

WWE needs to sprinkle a little more wrestling in their sports entertainment OR at least make the sports entertainment more ENTERTAINING.

TNA needs to STOP trying to mix sports entertainment into their pro wrestling if they want to be a true alternative to WWE.

It's like looking into a mirror................how strange.