Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10(current)

Started by Rooka, May 31, 2006, 12:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

(for those that don't know this will be just like the POWER 25 on WWE.com, but the way you would put them. I thought it might be a cool idea to get everyone's take every once in a while on what your top 10 would be. It's not exactly who you like, your top ten should be based on victories, quality of opponents, momentum and overall in-ring dominance, as well as intangibles. Check out the WWE.com's Power 25 at this link.......http://www.wwe.com/inside/power25/

DEATH BY :razorback:'s TOP TEN FOR THE WEEK

1) John Cena(Can't stand him, but he is still champion and has been champ for what seems like forever.)
2) Rey Mysterio (Could have been #1 after a good showing against JBL, but IMO JBL isn't that good and I can't have what should be in the light heavyweight division as my top guy.)
3) Triple H(took out the entire Spirit Squad in a Spirit Jack(off) match. King of Kings still looks great.)
4) Edge (took out Big Show for #1 Contender, although he did have a little help.)
5) Mark Henry(At the rate Mark Henry is going he could bulldoze anyone who gets in front of him.)
6) Lashley(the new United States Champion, and would have been KoR if it wasn't for Finlay)
7) Umaga He is leveling people left and right.  I'm sure eventually he will be going up against some real good talent and eventually maybe getting a title shot.)
8 ) RVD(didn't do much on RAW, but is still taking on Cena at One Night Stand on his home turf.)
9) Booker T(King of the Ring, that's all their is to be said.)
10) Kane (looked good on RAW until the other kane came out and chokeslamed him to hell.)

Well that's my TOP TEN if you would like to add yours you are more than welcome.

CharlieHog

So you want a worked list or a real list?

Aside from RVD, (and I guess a case can make a case for the Tripster) everybody on your list stinks.

CharlieHog

Oh wait just read this...on victories, quality of opponents, momentum and overall in-ring dominance, as well as intangibles.

Wrestling is a work, dude. FIXED.

Rooka

May 31, 2006, 12:44:04 pm #3 Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:47:31 pm by Death by Hog
Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 12:26:19 pm
Oh wait just read this...on victories, quality of opponents, momentum and overall in-ring dominance, as well as intangibles.

Wrestling is a work, dude. FIXED.

Thats what it said on WWE.com so I put it here.  I didn't say I liked these people I am saying that is who is the top 10 as wrestlers who have done great lately.  If you think these guys stink then you either didn't see where it said current or you haven't watched wrestling in 20 years.

On my list I am only a fan of three people.  Triple H, RVD, and Lashley.

hydrophonic

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 12:25:21 pm(and I guess a case can make a case for the Tripster)

I'm glad to see that you are finally - albeit, BEGRUDGINGLY - giving The Game some credit.

Good to see you hanging around the new board.  You help keep us WWE marks in line.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Knot2brite

Triple H is as stiff as a steel rod. Lex Luger was stiffer but barely. HHH gets by on his mic skills and the fact that he is built like a brick poop house. Edge could be a great skilled wrestler if he wasnt prone to injury. Cena is able to move well enough in the ring but he has to get back to what got him to the top. Throw out the lyrics and the smart ass comments like he used to do. It was hilarious. Kane is still one of the best and is under used in my opinion. Good Lord I miss the good old days with the Undertaker.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

CharlieHog

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 12:46:04 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 12:25:21 pm(and I guess a case can make a case for the Tripster)

I'm glad to see that you are finally - albeit, BEGRUDGINGLY - giving The Game some credit.

Good to see you hanging around the new board.  You help keep us WWE marks in line.

I said that just for you. ;)

I still wouldn't pay five cents to watch him wrestle.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 12:44:04 pm
If you think these guys stink then you either didn't see where it said current or you haven't watched wrestling in 20 years.

There is other wrestling besides the WWE.

And yes those guys do stink. Is Lashley the big black dude? Terrible.

hydrophonic

I was going to respond to the HHH comments, but then I saw this.

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 31, 2006, 01:19:31 pmKane is still one of the best and is under used in my opinion.

Let me see if I understand you, HHH isn't very good in the ring - he gets by on promo skills and cosmetics - but KANE is one of the best?

Rooka

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 01:45:15 pm
I was going to respond to the HHH comments, but then I saw this.

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 31, 2006, 01:19:31 pmKane is still one of the best and is under used in my opinion.

Let me see if I understand you, HHH isn't very good in the ring - he gets by on promo skills and cosmetics - but KANE is one of the best?

Simply OWNED!

hydrophonic

CharlieHog

Yeah I hate Kane. Totally worthless IMO.

But whenever I see Kane I think of his head sticking up through the ring at Edge and Lita's wedding and it makes me giggle........and hate the WWE.

hydrophonic

I don't think Kane is "totally worthless."  He's a pretty good sports entertainer when he's paired with somebody who knows something about ring psychology.  I don't think he's a main event guy, but he can be part of a solid undercard.  If they weren't so intent on pushing him to the moon, he'd be a very fine addition to the tag division.

Why do they still let him do that HORRENDUS "flying clothesline"?  Everytime he does that, it's the ugliest move of the night - botches included.

Knot2brite

Glenn Jacobs (Kane) has been considered as one of the best in shape wrestlers in the business. He works out continually and has even set up a regiment of workouts for other wrestlers. This comes straight from a guy that is in the business. Skillwise Kane is fairly stiff but is still more flexible than HHH. I cant stand to watch HHH stumble out there and give us his "I am king ape in the mist" entrance and then pummel people down because he is married to the bosses daughter and is the father of the bosses grandkid. So yeah compared to HHH Kane is a MF'ing lucha libre star.

CharlieHog

May 31, 2006, 02:03:41 pm #14 Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 02:05:24 pm by CharlieHog
Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 02:00:13 pm
I don't think Kane is "totally worthless."  He's a pretty good sports entertainer when he's paired with somebody who knows something about ring psychology.  I don't think he's a main event guy, but he can be part of a solid undercard.  If they weren't so intent on pushing him to the moon, he'd be a very fine addition to the tag division.

Why do they still let him do that HORRENDUS "flying clothesline"?  Everytime he does that, it's the ugliest move of the night - botches included.

Uh yeah, and that's his only move except for punching and walking.

CharlieHog

So what if Kane is in shape? That doesn't matter. Everybody acts like they loved all these guys in the 80s but they were all fat and out of shape.

Physique means NOTHING to me.

Rooka

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 02:00:13 pm

That move is so retarded. Why do they have people like Kane and Undertaker doing these moves. Except Undertaker's Old School is pretty cool, but your not suspose to have a guy that is known for being evil and ruthless and then have him walk the ropes like a tightrope jump off and club someone in shoulder.  Plus everytime Kane does his move the timing is sooooooo off that you would think the people at WWE would get a clue.

Knot2brite

Ok Charlie....what does matter then? Damn Undertaker was one of the most agile wrestlers for his size to come into the business. Now he is about to retire but he was large and able to move. Fans loved him. Kane has that ability but he stays hurt all the time.

KAne is known for setting up CV workouts. If you wanted to know.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 31, 2006, 02:07:52 pm
Ok Charlie....what does matter then?

Abilitity to put on an entertaining match, ability to cut a good promo, ability to do good backstage segments.

That's it.

Knot2brite

I havent seen that in wrestling in a long time. None of those things. I miss Steve Austin.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 31, 2006, 02:12:25 pm
I havent seen that in wrestling in a long time. None of those things. I miss Steve Austin.

It's out there, you just have to work for it now.

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 02:15:54 pm

VERY RARE!

pioneerhog

Umaga is one of the ones I can not stand, I don't like his little manager either. I just don't like these off the wall types that WWE tend to bring in from time to time.

Rooka

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 31, 2006, 06:48:34 pm
Umaga is one of the ones I can not stand, I don't like his little manager either. I just don't like these off the wall types that WWE tend to bring in from time to time.
Yea I could care less for Umaga, but the sad news is I heard they are going to push him into being main event material.  That is just wrong in more ways that one.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 05:20:33 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 02:15:54 pm

VERY RARE!

Not really.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 06:54:30 pm
Yea I could care less for Umaga, but the sad news is I heard they are going to push him into being main event material.  That is just wrong in more ways that one.
Yeah that is what I have heard. I think it is pretty stupid, hell he doesn't even talk for himself, that just gets on my nerves. I don't guess I am all that big on any of the current angles on WWE, I guess I am mainly waiting on them to turn HHH face and Cena heel and the return of DX.

Rooka

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 31, 2006, 07:26:02 pm
Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 06:54:30 pm
Yeah that is what I have heard. I think it is pretty stupid, hell he doesn't even talk for himself, that just gets on my nerves. I don't guess I am all that big on any of the current angles on WWE, I guess I am mainly waiting on them to turn HHH face and Cena heel and the return of DX.

AMEN! brotha

hogfan064

Top 10 in WWE

1. Kurt Angle-Amazing athlete. Can do it all
2. HBK-The guy still puts on the best show and sacrifices his body for our entertainment
3. Chris Benoit-Great technical wrestler
4. Shelton Benjamin-Guy does things I've never seen
5. RVD-Unique style, but held back a bit by WWE
6. Edge-I honestly think he should be champ right now
7. Ric Flair-Laugh all you want, but the old man still is better than most the young kids
8. Finley-Not a great personality, but the guy is a good technical wrestler and fun to watch
9. Rey Mysterio-I hate him, but the guy does excite the crowd, so I guess he belongs in the top 10
10. Undertaker-This is just out of respect.  Agile for a big man

hogfan064

Ok I hate Umaga(Rosey) the gimick has been done for year.  With the Islanders, Head Hunters, and Wild Samoans.  But his manager Armando Alejandro Estrada seems to have caught on with the crowd.  He's a good manager.  I hate WWE has done away for the most part with managers because a good manager that has good mic skills can help guys who have great in ring skills, but suffer in personality(Finley for example)

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 08:09:59 amI hate WWE has done away for the most part with managers because a good manager that has good mic skills can help guys who have great in ring skills, but suffer in personality(Finley for example)

+1  I agree, except that I think Finley can hold his own on the mic.  There aren't many above average talkers on SD! right now, so maybe Finley only passes because I'm grading on a curve.

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 08:05:40 am
8. Finley-Not a great personality, but the guy is a good technical wrestler and fun to watch

I rewatched their Judgment Day match last night.  It's surprising that they were given so much time - about 30 minutes - but I was glad that they were.  It was a really entertaining match.

Rooka

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 08:09:59 am

Ok I hate Umaga(Rosey) the gimick has been done for year.  With the Islanders, Head Hunters, and Wild Samoans.  But his manager Armando Alejandro Estrada seems to have caught on with the crowd.  He's a good manager.  I hate WWE has done away for the most part with managers because a good manager that has good mic skills can help guys who have great in ring skills, but suffer in personality(Finley for example)
Acually, Umaga is Jamal from the 3 minute warning.

Rooka

Top 10 in WWE

2. HBK-The guy still puts on the best show and sacrifices his body for our entertainment
7. Ric Flair-Laugh all you want, but the old man still is better than most the young kids
9. Rey Mysterio-I hate him, but the guy does excite the crowd, so I guess he belongs in the top 10

Okay now if I was going to make a top ten list on who excites the crowd and who is a good wrestler, I think this would be my exact top ten, maybe in a diff. order.

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 10:01:33 am

Yep your right.  Rosey is the fat super hero

Rooka

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 10:46:03 am
Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 10:01:33 am

Yep your right.  Rosey is the fat super hero

What ever happened to Rosey? I'm glad I never see him again, but I was just wandering.

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 10:03:38 am
Top 10 in WWE

Okay now if I was going to make a top ten list on who excites the crowd and who is a good wrestler, I think this would be my exact top ten, maybe in a diff. order.

Top 10 crowd face reactions, or at least this is what it seems to me.  Very few are good faces right now, you don't have an Austin at this point

1. Rey Mysterio
2. RVD
3. HBK
4. John Cena
5. Undertaker
6. Kurt Angle
7. Triple H
8. Ric Flair
9. Big Show
10. Kane-I think people just yell due to the pyro

Guys who create the most heat/boos.  No great ones here either

1. JBL
2. John Cena
3. Vince
4. Spirit Squad
5. Kurt Angle
6. Edge
7. Booker T
8. Triple H
9. Mark Henry
10. Chris Masters

Rooka

I wander if JBL is going to move to RAW like Nitro and Melina did?

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 11:06:04 am

He needs to. Raw needs a good heel other than the Spirit Squad and Vince.  They need JBL or a Cena turn. 

Rooka

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 11:09:08 am
Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 11:06:04 am

He needs to. Raw needs a good heel other than the Spirit Squad and Vince.  They need JBL or a Cena turn. 
I think they need both.  Because JBL would add another heel, and if Cena turns heel then you will have Triple H as a face.  As soon as D-X reunites, Cena will turn heel.

hydrophonic

When does Cena's CD come out?  It's been suggested that he won't turn heel until the CD has been given a push.

Rooka

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 11:19:39 am
When does Cena's CD come out?  It's been suggested that he won't turn heel until the CD has been given a push.
Vince probably won't allow it to come out for another 2 years.

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 11:29:37 am
Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 11:19:39 am
Vince probably won't allow it to come out for another 2 years.

I think keeping Cena a face and champ is going to turn him into a bigtime heel.  Keep the belt on him for a year and it will piss people off bigtime.  Everyone will hate the guy.  Just let it happen gradually.  He has potential to become a great heel because as a face noone likes him over the age of 15

CharlieHog

People don't already hate Cena?

What's our world coming to.

Rooka

That's true its just ever since he has come to raw he was been the only champion except for Edge for about 3 weeks.  IMO he is definatly a top heel after Vince letting him beat triple H at backlash with a rollover.  I thought that was one of the gayest endings to a match I have every seen.

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on June 01, 2006, 12:03:59 pm
People don't already hate Cena?

What's our world coming to.

I don't technically hate him, it's just an extreme dislike. ;D

hogfan064

It varies with Cena.  West Coast crowds seem to love him on the East Coast people hate him, especially the Northeast.  Cena at ECW's PPV will be treated as a big time heel

Rooka

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 01:36:01 pm
It varies with Cena.  West Coast crowds seem to love him on the East Coast people hate him, especially the Northeast.  Cena at ECW's PPV will be treated as a big time heel
Which makes no sense because he is from Massachusetts.  At One Night Stand if will be deafening boos.

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 01:39:39 pm
Which makes no sense because he is from Massachusetts.  At One Night Stand if will be deafening boos.

Well, west coast people are so clueless that they think a guy like Cena is cool.   

Rooka

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 01:53:26 pm

Well, west coast people are so clueless that they think a guy like Cena is cool.  
NICE!  Who is your fav. wrestler(s) in the WWE?
I guess for me it would be RVD.  For some reason I tend to like more people on TNA than I do WWE.  I guess because in the X-division their are few heels.

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 01, 2006, 01:58:16 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 01:53:26 pm

NICE!  Who is your fav. wrestler(s) in the WWE?
I guess for me it would be RVD.  For some reason I tend to like more people on TNA than I do WWE.  I guess because in the X-division their are few heels.

Well, Ric Flair will always be my favorite, but I know he's way past his prime.  HBK would probably be next.  I'm also a huge fan of RVD, but I think the WWE has held the man back for 5 years now.  Edge is actually starting to grow on me some.  Flair and those 3 guys always seem to put it all out for the crowd. 

Oh and I'm also a huge Mickey James fan from the Women's division.  Her and Trish have the best program going.

hogfan064

I'm still trying to get into TNA.  I think they need a 2 hour show b/c 1 hour a week doesn't tell stories well enough.  TNA has some very talented guys on it, but I don't like Christian as a face.  The guy is a much better heel.  Plus, I think it hurts TNA's product having a WWE midcarder as its champ.  If Sting is going to be fulltime he probably should be champ to draw attention to the product. Unfortunately, we'll never get the same kind of matches that Sting put on during the days of his feud with Flair. Samoa Joe is in line for a huge push I would hope.